[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the success of this lead to a renaissance in anime films?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: YourName-heading.jpg (107KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YourName-heading.jpg
107KB, 2000x1200px
Will the success of this lead to a renaissance in anime films?

What does /a/ think?
>>
No.
>>
No.

I watched it and I loved it, but it's not like it's suddenly on a new tier of amazing. It'll do more work than most other things in converting normies though.
>>
I thought it was a great film.
I just wish /a/ would stop talking about it.
>>
No... wait... No.
>>
>>153606444
Overrated, but not bad.
To answer your question, No.
>>
There's already a stupid amount of anime films coming out as it is, this one got lucky.
>>
>>153608870
This wasn't luck. The art was gorgeous, the story fairly simple and heart-warming. It also had a fair bit of advertising.
This is no Paprika and certainly no Mind Game. This is the kind of movie that is most likely to succeed.
>>
>>153606444
Nope
>>
There already has been a larger box-office presence for anime in the last few years.

It's more reliable than bluray sales.
>>
>>153608835
Same, overhyped but still a good movie, just not mizaki-tier.
>>
File: 1485991024962.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485991024962.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>153608870
>>153608945
You guys are both wrong...
It wasn't luck nor it's own merits, it was the massive ad campaign they dished out months before its release. Build so much hype that even if it sucks, is sappy, or is outright awful, then people are still going to back it up because they've invested so much of their interest in it. Plus you got the bandwagon effect too.
Let's face it
>animation/visuals god tier
>soundtrack was awesome
>love story was sappy as fuck
Where do you think the virgin criticism against Shinkai came from? The two kids literally fall "deeply in love" through text messages and journal entries without ever getting to know each other or see each other in person.
>time travel, body swaps, rewinding time, and alternate timelines because its fucking magic and shit doesn't need to be explained
>breast fondling for no fucking reason after the first time
>dumb music video esque montages to make up for time
>little to no screen time of Taki in Mitsuha's body
>little screen time of both of them in each others bodies despite the whole ad campaign revolving around being body swapped
>SOMEHOW they just MAGICALLY never see the date of the timeline they're in on their phone screens or calender's in their schools
In the end it's just an average 6/10 anime film that happened to stick out because some executive producer whipped out the big bucks for ad space and time.
>>
>>153609887
wow desu ne
>>
>>153606444
It's good
>Will it lead to a renaissance in anime films?
No, It's not particularly original and I don't think other directors will be looking to copy shinkai's particular style either
>>153609887
>The two kids literally fall "deeply in love" through text messages and journal entries without ever getting to know each other or see each other in person.
You are a fucking idiot
>>
is this like a Rain wannabe? Not like Rain was even good to begin with.
>>
>>153610308
>You are a fucking idiot
That really fucking explains a lot. Wow! Gave me a good insight on WHY you think I'm an idiot and enlightened me enough to change my ways of thinking!
Keep up the quality posts!
>>
>>153609887
Sources on advertisement budget?
>>
>>153609887
There are many stories about falling in love without seeing each other since the ancient times, I don't see why this one can't.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.