[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 51720F7PGGL.jpg (34KB, 333x500px)
51720F7PGGL.jpg
34KB, 333x500px
Am I really the only one who was about as disgusted with the pseudo-incest as much as with the abusive relationship of this story? Shinogu is nice and all but he was butting in when Hatsumi was already with Ryoki and left it very clear she only saw him as her brother and was uncomfortable with his advances? Dude really needed to get a hint.
>>
that whole manga gave off a rapey over liked female vibe, all the charaters like her sister were trashy people
>>
>>153559744
Ironically, her sister's romance was the better written one.
>>
Are you a woman?
>>
>>153560075
Yes, why?
>>
>>153560104
Your criticisms just sound very stereotypically Western female, that's all.
>>
>>153560137
I guess so. It's just that I don't know where else to say this. Tumblr would probably chew my head off if I said it, maybe thinking that I like the abusive bastard, and I don't like Reddit.
>>
>>153560230
This kind of scenario is very common in shoujo though, and is actually meant to be desirable (after all, Shinogu even got his own spinoff novel). This might just be a cultural difference that you'd have to accept if you intend on reading more Japanese fiction.
>>
>>153559639
This was one of the first Manga I read unfortunately
>>
>>153560361
No, I do know that there are these incestous and pseudo-incestous stories. I'm a fan of Yandere Heaven, with the otouto being my favorite, and my consumption of anything yandere somehow lead me to this manga but I still felt uncomfortable with Shinogu.

Mostly because he was fanning the flames in this melodrama. Ryoki was already abusive as is and then Shinogu starts trying to get into Hatsumi's skirt and making everything worse for her. Call me crazy, but it looked like to me that things were going slightly better before Shinogu started his advances on Hatsumi.

And then there is everyone else, in the manga (i.e. Azusa) and the fanbase, saying that Shinogu deserved Hatsumi because he was nice. Honestly, I think Hatsumi would have been better off single.
>>
>>153559639
That's just how Miki Aihara writes her story. I haven't read her stuff in a long time, but it all seems to follow the same formula.

>Asshole who'll obviously end up with the main character
>Nice guy who's secretly an asshole(usually has some sort of ulterior motive)
>Older authority figure with a one-sided crush on heroine
>heroine

I guess it's a formula that works for her and her audience.
>>
File: Ryoki-autism.png (373KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ryoki-autism.png
373KB, 480x800px
Ryoki is moe as fuck
>>
>>153560563
I think the problem is not being able to suspend belief and applying irl standards to this particular brand of shojo manga that plays to the audience's masochistic fantasies. Obviously if we were to judge this objectively, yeah both options are pretty shit and the girl is better off single.

And you're probably right that things started to get "better" right as Shinogu started getting all pushy as that is the exact drama the audience of that kind of shojo loves: the conflict between overly dominant borderline abusive established lead and his "nice guy" rival who's really just "gentler" about the ways he tries to dominate her.

Basically it comes down to is this your kink? If it is, you get it, if it isn't then its very unsettling/creepy from the outside.
>>
>>153559639
This was my first manga back in 2005 or something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.