[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the 1997 horror film Event Horizon, a transmission reaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: simon the digger.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
simon the digger.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
In the 1997 horror film Event Horizon, a transmission reaches Earth from a lost starship with an experimental jump drive.

The message is "Liberate me."

The twist, once the investigative/recovery team arrives at the ship, is that the message was not "Liberate me."

It was "Liberate tutemet ex inferis," or "Save yourselves from hell."

One of the themes of Gurren Lagann is "Libera me from hell," (or "Save/deliver me from hell") so named for its use of the lyrics from the responsary "Libera me." The song itself makes no direct reference to hell.

"Save yourselves from hell."
"Save me from hell."

Close to a decade for me to notice the reference.

Goddamn.

Can anyone remember what scenes 'Libera me from hell' played over? I'm curious if there's more to be picked from this.
>>
>>153525524
How high are you right now?
>>
>>153525606
A solid [7]
>>
>>153525606
I'm pretty tired, I'll give you that, but at the moment I'm convinced that this checks out.
>>
The only reason I'm willing to consider this is that they also referenced an obscure comic book with Viral's song.
>>
Hey, I never knew. That's pretty cool, OP. Never watched Event Horizon but Libera Me plays in the scene where Kittan sacrifices himself, though I doubt there's any connection in the way it's used.
>>
>>153526065
Oh?

>>153526095
Thanks!
>>
TTGL turns 10 years old soon.
>>
Fictional stories use random latin because it looks cool. Fictional stories have people who save other people because it looks cool. Therefore, a fictional story with random latin and people who save people will have the word LIBER or LIBERA somewhere in it. It doesn't have much to do with a 1997 space horror film.
>>
Hell could easily just be a reference to the general repeating theme of oppression in TTGL. Anti-spirals oppression, Lord Genome/Gunman beasts oppressing humans into underground pits, Rossiou's "oppression" over others as the ruler, Rossiou's underground civilization being oppressed by that priest guy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.