[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I miss something? I thought people were praising the shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 79999.jpg (41KB, 225x317px) Image search: [Google]
79999.jpg
41KB, 225x317px
Did I miss something? I thought people were praising the shit out of it? I watched it, and didn't feel like it was anything special. It was good, but not extraordinary. I liked the animation though.

Should I rewatch it? Because I feel like I'm missing something that others caught.What did you guys think?
>>
I thought just about the same. I thought it was great, had some good humor, beautiful visuals and themes, made me feel a bit, but it didn't feel anything spectacular. It was good, but it didn't blow any kind of boundaries for me. Still a good movie, though.
>>
>>153521521
No, you're literally the only one who didn't like it. Thanks for blogging about your super controversial opinions.
>>
No I agree with OP, its a good movie. But not so good that I would watch again.
>>
The people were praising the shitty leaked version while all Shitai's movies have going for them is visuals. Also stop virtue signalling, because it makes you come of rather female.
>>
No it's just a movie that appeals to normalfags. Same reason ghibli films are popular.
>>
That's what a year of Keit-ai shitposts does to a person
>>
>>153521521
It's certainly overrated, but not a bad movie by any means.
>>
File: 1487109138490.gif (673KB, 498x652px) Image search: [Google]
1487109138490.gif
673KB, 498x652px
It's not some kind of high art masterpiece just a really good movie that has mainstream appeal and did extremely well commercially.
>>
Like all shinkai stuff, it is extremely over rated. Now even more so that his past stuff because it's actually decent.
>>
File: 1483090635464.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483090635464.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>153526927
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5784504/
>>
>>153521521
Watch it in the cinema.
>>
File: 1471365235500.jpg (28KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
1471365235500.jpg
28KB, 332x396px
>>153527530
>all these meme magic
>>
File: Call Me Maybe.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Call Me Maybe.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>153523727
This is the song they used as the actual Keit-Ai opening song (the one on YouTube is fake) actually came out back in 2012.

It became really popular, it was Top. 1 on many charts and was memed to hell and back before Keit-Ai even became a thing.
>>
>>153521521
IT DIDN'T WIN AN OSCAR KEK

>People actually thought this rehashed garbage was better than anything from Ghibli
>>
>>153521521
>It was good, but not extraordinary

It would have been extraordinary if they had spent a longer time developing the main character's relationships with each other. Even though they wouldn't be able to meet in person they still could have had them find out who exactly each other was during the time they were body swapped and spoke to each other through their journals. They could have found out about each other's fears, hopes, and dreams and become closer because of it. But they opt for a quick montage instead.
>>
Instead of living upside-down in a cave, why didn't they just wear lead shoes?

Oh wait this is Keit-Ai now.
>>
>>153522796
>Also stop virtue signalling

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.
>>
>>153529273
Doesn't help that was basically how it was in the novel as well but frankly if they had dragged it out it would have been less interesting.

That and their memories of the times they were body swapped weren't the best, particularly Taki's.
>>
Important question.
They were both 17 when they were body swapping, which means she is three years older than him.
When Taki meets up with senpai for dinner it's five years after they went to Itomari and then there's another change of seasons before he meets Mitsuha (again) so that would make her 26 wouldn't it?

Christmas cake wins?
>>
Am I literally the only person who doesn't understand this Keit-ai memeing?
>>
>>153521521
I think it's overrated on /a/.

Even Shinkai didn't think it was that good. Take off the rose tinted glasses and you'll see the movie as it is.

A good movie but not a Masterpiece.
>>
Its good but I would rather the garden of words or 5cm per second had their endings animated.
>>
>>153521521
How does it feel being a souless fag anon
>>
>>153521521
Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It left a lingering emotion in me that made the movie more endearing with the more time separated from my viewing it. And I especially see how it could have easily resonated with the Japanese audience. Looking forward to watching it again when the BDs come out.

I dunno, Anon. Maybe you simply fell victim to the hype. That sort of thing happens all the time.
>>
>>153532290
>could have easily resonated with the Japanese audience.
there are things in it that non japanese/asian wouldn't pick up on like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate
The natural disaster angle is an obvious one
>>
>I do not like popular thing the post

Cool
>>
>>153521521
Very nice eyecandy but the story and characters were your standard fare.
>>
File: 60897127_p0.jpg (901KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
60897127_p0.jpg
901KB, 1800x1800px
friendly reminder to read the spinoff LN too for full experience.
>>
>>153532482
when there is a translation too read sure
I hope they adapt it into a series of shorts or something though
>>
>>153532396
It's not about noticing these things as intentional thematic choices or not, it's about how they make you feel.

I lived in Japan for the 1st and 2nd anniversaries of 3/11, and like Americans with 9/11, there's really something about it that foreigners may not be able to tap into. Even on the latter anniversary, I remember a few people I worked with still crying. And I lived in Kansai.
>>
>>153532540
unlikely cause Shinkai already had plan for the next project
>>
File: 1449805531878.png (342KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1449805531878.png
342KB, 630x630px
>>153521521
>It was good, but not extraordinary
Ironically, this is precisely Shinkai's opinion. He himself is sick of being called "the next Miyazaki" and he himself wanted less people to watch Kimo No Na Wa because he felt it was rushed and incomplete (he said they'd run out of time and money before the movie was finished).

Perhaps this is in part Japanese modesty, perhaps it is in part his honest opinion about the movie. What I think though is that he's afraid of raising the expectations of his audience too high, which might result in him having to live in his own shadow. For a young director, that's horrible as it effectively means your wings are clipped and you'll always try to surpass that one movie everyone remembers you for. Maybe a bit like what happened with M. Night Shyamamalama-sama and Signs
>>
>>153521521
>missing something that others caught
What the fuck are you talking about? It's not deep or anything. If you missed something you must have fucking fallen asleep during it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.