[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate this again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

Why do we hate this again?
>>
who is that guy in the bottom right?
>>
General pacing issues and five was a bit shit.
>>
File: 1486860411108.png (258KB, 628x740px) Image search: [Google]
1486860411108.png
258KB, 628x740px
>>153441226
>take down one of the largest buildings in crowded urban area
>only 27 injured
>set off a nuke above Tokyo
>fallout doesn't harm anyone
>>
>>153441226
yer kidding
>>
Because it was retarded. Had some nice scenes and amazing music though, which made it not a total waste of time watching it on a weekly basis.
>>
>>153441375
This, among many other things.
>>
I want to fuck Five (5)
>>
File: 1440053830355.jpg (178KB, 743x632px) Image search: [Google]
1440053830355.jpg
178KB, 743x632px
>>153441375
Not only that, but
>all this to bring attention to some failed genetic engineering program
>>
>>153441226
>Thank you no terror: the animu
>Thank you for the curry: the plot
>Engrish was not cute enough to save the shitty plot
>Main girl was stupid but not moe
>No real terrorist
This anime was a mistake.
>>
>>153441861
>No real terrorist
Just because they weren't brown doesn't mean they're not terrorists if they commit acts of terror. If you are arguing however that they were not really terrorists because anime isn't real then you're correct, but Trump is working around the clock to make it a reality.
>>
>>153441226
>Twin Towers burning in the background

Why is this allowed?
>>
Somebody tell me how I got here...
>>
>>153442667
They caused about as much "terror" as occupy wall st protesters sleeping in a public park. Lots of big ideas, no real punch behind them.
>>
>>153442667
Their terror had no stakes
>>
Nice music
>>
The protagonists had no culpability, they were always portrayed as morally right and not even as anti-heroes.
>>
>>153441375

Forget fallout, think of the immediate effect on daily life in one of the most crowded urban zones on the planet. Anyone on life-support dies, backup generators are likely fried too. Cars crash, planes crash, helicopters crash, nobody knows what's happening, and anywhere but Japan would result in riots and looting.
>>
I wanted 9 and 12 to double team Lisa.
>>
>>153441226
The probably had to reduce the edge/controversy of having a more climactic ending and morally gray character which led to a boring ending. Also if they could get fucking Yoko Kanno for the OST you'd think they would hire better VA's for the Engrish scenes.
>>
>>153442838
>character names are 9 and 11
Anon, I think you might be on to something!
>>
>>153441226
The trio don´t interact with each other. Glasses only talk with his partner, girl never talks with glasses. There is no group dynamic.

The broken English girl that comes in during the middle of the show just to do nothing.

Their terror deeds are boring as fuck.

You don´t give a shit about anyone in the show.

Looked great, sounded great, felt like garbage, unexciting.
>>
>>153446783

It was 9 and 12. Maybe they thought they were being subtle.
>>
File: The show should have ended here.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The show should have ended here.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
This scene was amazing but not able to redeem the ending.
>that song
>that tension
I guess I just like tragic romance bullshit.
>>
File: 1481717609426.png (870KB, 854x961px) Image search: [Google]
1481717609426.png
870KB, 854x961px
>>153441226
>blow up a building, act willing to kill Lisa, but then it turns out they didn't hurt anyone and don't plan to
>hints/foreshadowing about Twelve's darker side goes out the window and he becomes a pure nice guy
>Lisa's character development ends at episode four and she does basically nothing after joining them except be clumsy/retarded and also get kidnapped
>middle-school riddle keikaku shit
>Five's entire character
>heavy-handed US intervention commentary
>airport chess
>pic related
>all the terrorism is for muh human experiment awareness
>EMT nuke that also hurts no one
>Oh, yeah, now Five dies of human experiment disease and Nine has it too
>and let's just headshot Twelve while we're at it
tl;dr basically everything after episode four (except for >>153447277, which was excellent), as well as a good bit even before that, took all the bite and tension and draw out of what had been set up and turned it into an aimless joke.
>>
>>153447277
>Tragic romance
There was no romance, they were at best friends.
>>
File: 1470787153650.png (324KB, 472x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470787153650.png
324KB, 472x408px
>>153441375
To add on to that
>armed assailants rob a nuclear power plant and steal nuclear materiel
>no national manhunt
>no US involvement
>largely swept under the rug
>>
>>153447277
VETUR
>>
>>153447599
Well that's true, but they were also confused teenagers and I don't remember if 12 knew he was going to die very soon. The point is that the girl was a complete loser who had no one to care about her and 12 had no concept of a relationship before escaping. They were incomplete people and saw a possible chance at happiness and meaning in one another, but it was destined not to happen.

Faggot blog done.
>>
>>153447750
>Muh fanfiction
Fucking stop, this is cringe on another level, and I hate using that word. The girl was a loner, see found companionship with the other two boys. The gay one was just happy go lucky. And the one with megane was just autistic. But they never did anything together that didn´t revolve around "terror attacks". Stop with your headcanon.
>>
>>153441226
it didn't go anywhere
had no balls and took the easy way out at every turn
>>
>>153447750
> if 12 knew he was going to die very soon
He didn't know, and as far as I remember he wasn't - he didn't develop the headaches or whatever it was, did he? I remember it as him being on track to survive until the CIA decided to be cunts.
>>
>>153441226

Why do we hate the show with the best engrish ever?

This shit anime makes no fucking sense and the Five bullshit is just the beginning
>>
>>153447840
>the gay one
>Stop with your headcanon
The irony.
>>
bad characters, stupid plot and a shitty ending
>>
>>153447960
Gay:
Light-hearted and carefree.
Don´t drop out of school next time.
>>
>>153443139
Someone...
>>
>>153448090
>the lighthearted and carefree one was just happy go lucky
If you're going to talk like it's the 50s, at least take care to not make your sentences sound pointless and pedantic.
>>
>>153441226

Nine and Twelve were american agents the entire anime for destroy tokio and make japan ready for american domination.
>>
>>153448190
Is called a tautology, it can both be seen as fault in style but also good way to drive in a point by leaving no room to refute the point. Since we are not writing an essay, and you are just mostly upset that I poked fun at your shitty writing and mocked you afterwards, I don´t see much problem with it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.