[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I just caught up with this manga. I realize it's not the kind of series that there's much to discuss about, but I haven't been there for previous threads so I wanna share my thoughts and questions. Also, 506 came out.

- Kyoukai best girl, Ten a shit.
- In ancient warfare, did killing the general really make the enemy just forget their superior numbers and give up? Sounds like bullshit.
- I don't mind Shin being a naive moralfag shonen hero in muh seinen once in a while, but Sei letting his mother and her bastards go was just retarded.
- Tell me about Ousen and his choice of headgear.
- But seriously, I'm confused by all this foreshadowing of him turning villain while the historical guy did nothing of the sort, and the author has made a point of following whatever's on the history book.
- It makes no sense that Kyoukai is a 3k commander and still sticking with Shin. Not only because that would hinder her stated goal of becoming general, but because a middle level officer wouldn't have that kind of freedom in the first place.
>>
>>153398106
True story I just caught up last night, anyway:
>- Kyoukai best girl, Ten a shit.
both girls are best girl
>- In ancient warfare, did killing the general really make the enemy just forget their superior numbers and give up? Sounds like bullshit.
Well if you were paying attention sometimes it causes their spirits to falter, other times the army is so enraged they fight to the death, we see this happen multiple times in the story.
>- I don't mind Shin being a naive moralfag shonen hero in muh seinen once in a while, but Sei letting his mother and her bastards go was just retarded.
You can't just kill the queen mother, plus he put to death every single one of the rebelling troops and banished their entire extended families and for Ru Ai he had him pulled apart by horses and everyone related to him within 7 (seven) generations were put to death.
>- Tell me about Ousen and his choice of headgear.
2tacticool4u
>- But seriously, I'm confused by all this foreshadowing of him turning villain while the historical guy did nothing of the sort, and the author has made a point of following whatever's on the history book.
What makes you say that?
>- It makes no sense that Kyoukai is a 3k commander and still sticking with Shin. Not only because that would hinder her stated goal of becoming general, but because a middle level officer wouldn't have that kind of freedom in the first place.
I thought she had free rein of her squad like the Hi Shin unit.
>>
>>153398106
>In ancient warfare, did killing the general really make the enemy just forget their superior numbers and give up? Sounds like bullshit.

In ancient warfare, the military wasn't systemized for shit. To begin with Kingdom glorifies how advanced the military is. It was nowhere near as fancy as what Kingdom makes it out to be because back then conscription made up more than 90% of your army.

About the only thing that was advanced in Kingdom's time was Qin's crossbow technology which the manga doesn't show, because it would be a very boring series when you see a bunch of farmers mow down the enemy with their superior ancient crossbows in vast superior numbers.

>but Sei letting his mother and her bastards go was just retarded.

History is written by the winner. You can be as retarded as you want, so long as you get to write the history books nobody in a thousand years will know any better.

>Tell me about Ousen and his choice of headgear.

Well he's technically the main character of this era, not Shin.

>I'm confused by all this foreshadowing of him turning villain while the historical guy did nothing of the sort

History doesn't say shit about him after Chu, so Hara is free to write off his death however he wants, including making him a rebel. Or he can make Ousen just a misunderstood mother fucker, which would be amusing as hell. But personally my take on it is Ousen is ambitious but very conservative. Hara set up Ousen as someone who will not take a risk, will not fight a battle he cannot win. So if Qin ends up in a situation where he cannot rebel, then he won't in the end even if he wanted to. There's no rule that says that every 'villain' has to die in battle, Riboku sure as hell won't and he's the main antagonist for the first half of Kingdom.

>a middle level officer wouldn't have that kind of freedom in the first place

Do you really wanna cry about the author taking such a minor liberty? Glaives weren't even invented yet.
>>
>>153398388
>What makes you say that?
All the talk about him wanting to be a king, and that one time he was recruiting defeated people and making them swear fealty to himself. I can't see that not putting him at odds with Sei and his goal unless it's just a huge, pointless red herring. And how everyone that meets him says he has a dark presence or chuuni shit like that.
>>
>>153398106
The queen never got punished other than being put in house arrest, what you talking about?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.