[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Toriyama even trying anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 21

Is Toriyama even trying anymore?
>>
>>153352402
Is... is that an undertale character in the back?
>>
>>153353701
Is... is that post a JoJo reference?
>>
>>153352402
It's better than the Fat Buu design and the early DB villains tbqh.
>>
>>153352402
>universe 9 has a dark iron dwarf and 3 worgen
>kaioshin is a short dirty jew
Universe 9 confirjed as the Blizzard univetse
>>
File: COOL GOTEN.png (66KB, 235x314px) Image search: [Google]
COOL GOTEN.png
66KB, 235x314px
>>
>10 fighters for literally the fate of the universe
>doesn't pick the best fighters
th-thanks Goku

Seriously though, why not get Goten or Trunks instead of Roshi? I can understand not getting Future Trunks since he's in another timeline and they might not be able to reach him (not to mention bringing in someone from Time Travel would likely piss off a lot of the other gods)

Why not revive Cell or Freiza? They're fucking evil, sure, but I think they'd be willing to get on board with "the universe not being erased"
>>
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
holyfuck guys i'm very excited after this episode, cant wait for the next
>>
>>153352402
I'm not sure how much input Toriyama has on this. I recall reading something that he just does broad story ideas and someone else writes the day to day stuff. Either way Dragon Ball Super has been a fun show. I would put the Black arc up there with the Cell Saga and nothing so far has been as bad as the Buu Saga.
>>
>>153353955
I made this exact argument a while ago in another thread. Best reply I got was that Frieza hated Goku so much that he would never work together with him, and that being erased would be preferable to being in Hell for eternity.
>>
Ah last... I couldn't believe it.
It took 78 episodes, but they finaly got the art and thr pacing right.

Holy shit it was unexpected.
>>
Move here >>153353903
>>
>>153353955

>why not get Goten or Trunks instead of Roshi?

Both are inexperienced and haven't really fought one on one against another opponent unless you count Gotenks. If we consider Return of Goku and Friends special, they needed coaching in that episode by Gohan.

Also it's about creating diversity in the roster. Goten and Kid Trunks have no unique moves or styles to call their own. The fact that a part of the fanbase just wants more saiyans shows how shitty this fanbase can be.
>>
>>153354116
I blame Whis. He should've been impartial like mangafags want you to believe and let Goku and Earth get destroyed by Frieza. They wouldn't be in this mess if he was written consistently.
>>
>>153353802

This. They're about as retarded as every other DB character.

People were really expecting the Gods of Destruction to be edgy and shit? The two we already knew of were fucking cat men.
>>
>>153354116

From a logic point of view bringing in Freeza is potentially a good idea, in universe.

But from a writing perspective it's really shitty. Freeza can never realistically be developed into anything other than a chaotic evil villain. Having him work together alongside the main cast would be incredibly jarring, same thing goes for Cell perhaps to a lesser degree.

But it's just hard to give main series villains some sort of redemption arc while all this other shit is going on.
>>
>>153353955

>get goten and trunks
>the retards who spent their time vs buu dicking around making up new moves every 10 seconds and let themselves get absorbed

they are kids
>>
>>153354228

Whis only revived Earth to try and teach Goku a lesson, as Goku was his student at the time.
>>
>>153355643
Let's be real anon, he did it for the food.
>>
>>153353955

No Goten and Trunks because
1-they are kids and will not fight seriously as they should
2- Goku and the others will not tell 2 fucking kids this "look, Goku asked for the tournament, now we have to win, it if we don't we will all die and get erased. Btw dragon balls won't work unless we win. And yes, the other 11 universes will get erase, so only the universe winner will survive. Did I told you that Goku fucked up?"

>Cell and Freeza
What we should be asking is, why no other fighters in the damn universe.
>>
>>153353955
Right now they're trying to keep the whole part about other universes getting destroyed if they lose under wraps. Which means that if Goten and Trunks' moms don't want them fighting, it's going to be hard to justify bringing them in.

And it would also be hard to justify reviving Frieza and Cell without explaining everything either.
>>
>>153357177
>>153357177
>Goku telling kids we are all gonna die.
Motherfucker thats been there since, what, early on in DBZ?
>Hey Gohan, if you dont power up we gon die nigga.
>OH SHIT BOYS YOU CAN KILL BUU! HE'S KILLIN EVERYBODY!

Did the kids give two shits? Nope!
>OH LETS PLAY AROUND AND FIGHT HIM AND NOT BE SERIOUS!
NANNNNNIIII HE KILLED OUR PARENTS TOO!
>>
>>153354054
>Buu Saga
>Bad
what a pleb
>>
>>153354228
Beerus specifically asked Whis to do that, because he had an interest in Goku.
>>
>>153357402
This time is not only killed, is ERASED.

Gohan had to man up because even the 2 strongest fighters, Goku and Piccolo, had trouble with Raditz when Gohan just got mad and actually hurt Raditz. Right now that isn't the case, Goku and Vegeta are at a god level.
Gohan at least tried as a 5yo. Goten and Trunks just play around too much and rely on fucking fusion which they cannot use in the tournament. Also, gotenks fucked up when fighting Buu.

This time they have more choices at hand anyways. It's possible that the humans, Piccolo, androids and Buu get some sort of power up, because training will happen.

Or if you want, they just want to bring some characters back because fans.

>OH SHIT BOYS YOU CAN KILL BUU! HE'S KILLIN EVERYBODY!
For some stupid reason they forgot about Gohan, be dead or alive. If the dragon balls were used, then namek balls to revive Gohan.
>>
File: Xicor.jpg.jpg (115KB, 565x1411px) Image search: [Google]
Xicor.jpg.jpg
115KB, 565x1411px
>>153353955

I can honestly understand not bringing back Frieza, but come on now, there's a VERY good argument to make about bringing Cell back.

>>153357177
>why no other fighters in the damn universe.

That's a very good question as well. Surely the fighters that've been gathered up aren't the only fucking ones that are strong? I mean shit, Beerus himself has gotta know somebody from some planet he blew up in the past that'd be strong enough for the tournament. What about any Demons? Surely they don't want their own universe to be erased, regardless of how evil they may be.

Damn, I wouldn't have even mind making Xicor canon for this shit.
>>
>>153358020

There are Metalman in Goku's universe, so at least one race could be useful in this tournament.
>>
>>153352402
You're implying Toriyama was ever trying.
>>
>>153352402
>They didn't make the furry GoD the GoD of universe 9 (which has all furry fighters so far).
Fucking hacks.
>>
File: golden SUCCC.jpg (788KB, 4000x3635px) Image search: [Google]
golden SUCCC.jpg
788KB, 4000x3635px
>Vegeta gets cucked even in toy ads
https://youtu.be/WXqykmGEs-U
>>
>>153353701
No one knows, you are probably only faggot who played that shit to mistake Undertale character for Tori's OCs.
>>
If there is a Z villain I wouldn't mind appearing again to defend the universe would be Cell.
Frieza and Buu get exposure all the time, even now,
Cell's unique biology would make him an interesting addition to any team.
While he's evil, his evil revolved around his desire to become the strongest being in the universe, not being a conquering asshole (Frieza) or chaotic evil (Buu)
>>
>>153360153
I like Cell but he is too weak.
>>
>>153360663
He has saiyan genes. He can train.
>>
>>153360806
He has saiyan AND Frieza genes. I think he is overqualified for a quick upgrade
>>
>>153352402
super was a mistake
>>
So assuming there isn't a deus ex machina that keeps Smurf God from destroying the other universes, Goku has pretty much made himself into the worst villain in the franchise by far. Is it time for Goku to be killed off for good yet?
>>
>>153362879
Basically yeah, he's the worst evil in the multiverse. Even his son almost freaked out at him. His only recourse was to assume that Goku could body ZenO, which he can't.
>>
>>153363082
Is Toriyama trying to make us hate Goku at this point? Because it's working.
>>
Its going to end with Goku winning or some bullshit and using the SDB to bring everyone back "So that we call can fight again sometime" i fucking guarentie it
>>
>>153358020
Beerus didn't even have anyone for the U6/7 match, what makes you think he'd know someone now?
>>
>>153354054
Buu saga is better than anything super has made. Super is just trash you autistic spic.
>>
>>153352402
I like the return of the weird beast characters.
>>
>>153353701
o shit its onion-san
>>
>>153360153
I'd love to see Cell back, would create some truly interesting moments. Seeing him talk with Gohan and his villainous successor Buu. Is he Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil? Either one would be a great addition to the roster.
>>
>>153358020
>That's a very good question as well. Surely the fighters that've been gathered up aren't the only fucking ones that are strong? I mean shit, Beerus himself has gotta know somebody from some planet he blew up in the past that'd be strong enough for the tournament.
Freeza's elite forces were the former strongest fighters in the universe an they were killed way back in Namek.
>>
>>153353955
>no Frieza vs Frost
feels bad
>>
>>153367713
This.

Frieza was the strongest in the universe (mortal, and at the time)

So much so that he was on Beeru's radar but beerus let him do his thing because Frieza was good at picking planets to destroy.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo all 3 mortals which are stronger than Frieza was back then.

Androids 18 and 17 who are both stronger than frieza was back then.

Buu, who is insanely strong when not compared to a god.

I would have no difficulty in believing that Krillin and Tien are at this point 2 of the strongest fighters in the universe.

The only one I disagree with is Roshi, but remember that Jako, an intergalactic patrolman, is constantly surprised at the strength of martial artists on Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the universe was weak sauce.

Remember that apart from his elites, Krillin and Gohan made cannon fodder of Frieza's soldiers.

Dodoria and Zarbon were literally Frieza's right hand men. They were considered that strong on the universal scale.

Ginyu Squad was a super elite top tier unit, and Goku fucking shat all over them even when he was no real match for frieza.
>>
File: 134743613478341643.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
134743613478341643.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
Friendly reminder that all the Hakaishin, Tenshin, and Kaioshin are going to get tired of Zenos shit, and will do a Coup d'état, killing those fuckers, and then replaced them with the Daishinkan.
>>
Do you think Beerus is the only God of Destruction to have actually fought a mortal properly?

Gowasu was shocked as fuck when Beerus told him that him and Goku had fought.
>>
File: 1485101674459.jpg (694KB, 1400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1485101674459.jpg
694KB, 1400x3600px
>>153369774
Dicasty's our guy
>>
>>153370096
Your guy.
>>
>>153353963
>you are alright dont come to the tournament tomorrow
>>
>>153360663
I think you're greatly overestimating how strong the other universes are on the whole
>>
>>153369774
I actually wonder if this isn't all a plot by the Grand Priest. Note that we never actually see Zen'o talking about the destroying the universes, it's only the Grand Priest. Whis also wasn't surprised by the announcement.

In this case, they might have stopped Goku from asking Zen'o to stop because it'd reveal Zen'o wasn't the one who had that idea in the first place.
>>
DESU Beerus should have some common sense and ask for Freeza to be revived. He should then tell Whis to train Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Gohan.

Freeza was stronger than Goku but didnt have the stamina. It just goes to show that Freeza is a prodigy like no other and with training from Whis he'd easily be the strongest in the universe apart from Beerus and Whis.
>>
>>153354199
>The fact that a part of the fanbase just wants more saiyans shows how shitty this fanbase can be.
I also don't understand the cries to bring back Frieza yet again when it was dumb the first time. Reviving old villains some more is the last thing Super needs.

I'd much rather have Tenshinhan and Roshi on board than Cell and Frieza.
>>
>>153374231
>I'd much rather have Tenshinhan and Roshi on board than Cell and Frieza.
Cell sure but Frieza is GOAT.
>>
>>153355566
>>153354116
Could Buu power up by going to the after life with goku instant transmission and absorbing cell and frieza?
>>
File: file.png (380KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
380KB, 848x480px
>>153353963
>when you volunteer to show off your fighting skills first and your opponent is a fat retard that thinks you're a doggo
>>
>>153376241
That's not how it works.
>>
>mfw piccolo visits king piccolo in hell and merges with him, thus becoming the true and complete nameless namekian
>>
>>153377904
>merging with a guy that has a powerlevel below 200
>>
>>153377904
It was all downhill from there.
>>
>>153353955

Because Freezer and Cell are evil and selfish? These are characters that would rather literally kill themselves to kill Goku/Saiyans than just admit defeat. They were given chances to give up and stop being dicks and they chose to still be dicks and die.

So why would bringing these guys to a place where there are omnipotent gods and beings that destroy universes on whims?

It would be the equivalent of bringing an suicide bomber to disarm a nuclear bomb in a major city because "hey, her knows how bombs work." and expecting him to just go "well, if I fuck with something it would fuck both me and everyone else up, so I better just cooperate."
>>
File: 423513534.png (2MB, 1920x1064px) Image search: [Google]
423513534.png
2MB, 1920x1064px
>>153352402
Once again, Toyotaro version is superior
>>
>>153379752
yeah those are some super nice drapes he's inked.
>>
>>153352402

He's old and senile and wants to rake in more money. Dragonball is dead, the story is finished, he should have started a new manga or something but is too lazy, and without the name "Dragonball" it won't rake in any money.
>>
>>153378251
>merging with kami, with a powerlevel at around fucking 1000, made him more powerful than frieza and base cell, and about equal in power to andorid 17, who could shit all over untrained super saiyans
>>
File: 1484484160137.png (661KB, 717x474px) Image search: [Google]
1484484160137.png
661KB, 717x474px
Really looking forward to Buu vs Doggo, hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
File: toriyama doesnt give a fuck.jpg (33KB, 791x216px) Image search: [Google]
toriyama doesnt give a fuck.jpg
33KB, 791x216px
>>153352402
>toriyama
>trying
>>
>>153382172
they will
>>
>>153353963

>Kirby about to swallow Star Fox in Smash Brothers.jpg
>>
>>153384036
wha?
>>
>>153353955
Goten and Trunks are weak alone and have to use fusion to be comparable to most other fighters, they won't take it seriously, and are most likely to irritate either Zen. While either would be better than Roshi, they are also supposed to be putting on a show for a chaotic god.

Why not Freiza or Cell? Neither take orders. Both also highly likely to piss off Zen, likely to run, and neither are people you want around after the tournament considering how both of them are willing and eager to blow up Earth.

The only reasonably strong villain who'd behave themselves is probably Captain Ginyu
>>
>>153385976
>why not cell

Hell isn't canon. Cell never went to the afterlife and was obliterated on the spot by Gohan.
>>
>>153386675
>Hell isn't canon

Then explain where Frieza went before he was revived
>>
>>153353955
The same time I agree with you, I'm happy we are getting Krillin, Tien and Piccolo back to the action, and I'm expecting a lot about Roshi, really want to see he fighting.
>>
>>153386928
Roshi was probably picked because he has a million tricks from Dragon Ball that no one else uses
>>
File: 1460888563756.png (426KB, 539x833px) Image search: [Google]
1460888563756.png
426KB, 539x833px
>>153386928
>>153387065
I really hope they won't arbitrarily declare these weaklings to be superstrong for no reason. The Exhibition match already has the three strongest warriors from earth (barring Vegeta) so that's fine, but for the side characters... I really hope Toriyama does the intelligent thing and explains their sudden power boost by letting Whis and/or Beerus and/or Supreme Kai train them. They both have a vested interest in making sure Earth's champions are as strong as they can be, considering they too are doomed if their universe is erased. And considering Whis himself trained even Beerus, he'd probably have the ability to make earth's chosen really strong given enough time. Maybe not God level, but certainly SSJ2/3 level? Strong enough to be comparable to Buu?
>>
>>153387210
I imagine that there are weaker fighters from other universes as well and Roshi will be fighting other low tiers
>>
>>153386675
>being this retarded
Next you're going to tell me Kid Buu never died. He just reformed into a good human poo in the loo baby on his own.
>>
>>153385976
>Goten and Trunks are weak
lol nigga, tien+roshi+krilin would not beat goten or trunks even in 3vs1
>>
>>153353955
marketing, you idjit:

apart from goten and trunks being inexperienced, like the others said it's mostly for marketing reasons. everybody knows the characters that will fight in the tournament. people will watch it. this brings toriyama and toei money.

also: y'all faggots have complained that super has gotten the vegeta and goku show and other characters aren't useful anymore and now they put them in the spotlight and all you do is complain

there's absolutely no pleasing you faggots
>>
Why is Goku so impressed that the Furry is good with KICKS? At the end of the day, all that matter in DB fights are Ki Blasts.
>>
>>153385976
Frieza still cowtowed to Beerus even after getting his golden form.
There is no logical reason what so ever for Beerus to not bring him back to life.

>>153386925
Heaven. He was being tortured in heaven for eternity.
He means the anime only hell editions.
Remember, Cell is a machine and doesn't have a soul.
>>
File: anime is dead.jpg (82KB, 526x809px) Image search: [Google]
anime is dead.jpg
82KB, 526x809px
Modern anime is just lazy outsourced shit. That's all.
>>
>>153387885
again comparing a movie to the tv show.

still no excuse for the bad animation of episode 5. yet not a good comparison
>>
>>153387885
last 2 eps were kinda good, they were different but good, i hope it will stay at least on that level
>>
File: modern anime.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
modern anime.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>153387885
Another thing I've noticed with Anime in the last couple years is that they darken the screen whenever a lot of effects are happening?

I don't know why they do it it looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not sure if dragonball has ever done it but I think so.
>>
>>153387649
Tien lasted a long time in the Buu saga, so chances are with his dedicated focus to training to Goten and Trunks messing around all the time, I'd say he's probably stronger.

No one is training either boy. Goku and Vegeta are both selfish and would rather train themselves than their children.
>>
>>153367477
Didn't Cell kill hundreds of people, though? I don't want to forgive that.
>>
>>153388190
1. tien is just a human, no way hes stronger than frieze in namek saga
2. goten and trunks are growing up kids, its like comparing irl 8yo to 12yo, 12yo will be stronger, so we can assume both of them are stronger than they were in buu saga
>>
>>153367477
Considering that Cell killed Trunks for fun, I'd say that he's chaotic evil.
>>
>>153388145

Why does the screen darken happen?

I first noticed this on the SnK opening when eren cuts that titan's neck.
>>
>>153387885
>tfw can't find a 1080p Fusion Reborn torrent with seeders
>>
>>153388320
Tien was capable of injuring Cell's second stage in the Cell Saga so that automatically makes him tougher than Frieza
>>
>>153388403
>injuring
well thats your interpretation, all i saw was push him back for few seconds, cell didnt even feel it tbqh
>>
>>153388190
Actually, if you look at how trunks and goten reacted to gohan in the anime/manga and db yo it seems that he was their first teacher.
>>
>>153388372
>Why does the screen darken happen?
As I said I don't know why they do it, It's a mystery.
But it happens in a lot of anime.
>>
>>153388210

>Didn't Cell kill hundreds of people, though

lol look at the fucking team. like half the people in there have partaken in genocide
>>
>>153388145
it's to avoid stroboscope effect, that can potentially give seizures to kids who watch animoos in a dark room.
remember how there was a time when they just said 'watch the anime in a well lit room and not too close to tv?' at the begining of every episode? they have removed the warning and have just decided to censor flashy things.
bds aren't censored btw.
>>
>>153388210
Vegeta has a body count in the millions.
>>
File: 1483631715350.jpg (26KB, 437x471px) Image search: [Google]
1483631715350.jpg
26KB, 437x471px
If Buu jobs to the furfag I'll be fucking mad.
>>
>>153388626

the preview makes me think he'll pull out something unexpected that will get people scared. maybe a buff transformation?
>>
>>153388522
That's stupid.
Literally no one gets seizures from that and it shouldn't be the TV stations responsibility but the parents.
>>
>>153388372
>Why does the screen darken happen?
Because of that one Pokemon episode that made all the epileptic children in Japan implode. Or maybe it was some other incident like that, but the bottom line is that modern broadcasting regulations don't allow flashy shit like that and you'll have to buy the BDs if you want unfiltered effects.
>>
>>153381991
Him merging with kami allowed him to unlock what might be a portion of his true powerlevel and power set that he had as the nameless ancient namekian.

If he gets those memories back he might actually be a force to be reckoned with. Hell he might actually become the earths new god in the place of dende. Well...that might be bad.
Since Piccolo would more then likely create dragon balls.
And as we all know the power of the balls are proportional to the creater of the balls.
And we saw what kind of power the balls that "Guru" create had. And he was probably around a thousand or so.

Imagine what piccolos dragon would look like or what size his DBs would be?

Size of a fucking city and the dragon would be large enough to encircle the world.
>>
>>153369774
The Grand Priest manipulates Zeno into doing bad shit. Zeno is too young and impressionable to understand what he's doing is bad when all he has is this asswipe as an influence.
>>
>>153388759
Then he should fuse with Dende
>>
>>153388684
blame that famous pokemon episode with porygon that gave dozens of seizures to epileptic kids. it's all because of it.
TV stations are responsible in a way, they can't show things that can potentially harm their viewers.
>>
why doesn't beerus just fight for the squad in a costume
nobody would probably notice
>>
>>153353955
People need to realize that Goku doesn't give a shit about the tournament and just wants to fight strong opponents

His goal isn't to assemble a team to save the universe
>>
>>153388457
True but just a few moments earlier Cell took a full punch in the face from Android 16 (who is a lot stronger than Frieza) and he didn't move an inch
>>
>>153362879
From the other universes perspective, Goku is basically Cell. What he's doing isn't much different.
>>
>>153389307
ur a weeb
>>
>>153389295
magic, my point still stands, tien is not stronger than 16, that fucking rectangle is a bullshit technique, without it tien is nothing
>>
>>153389307
The other universes don't know that their survival is at stake yet. Goku's on everyone's shitlist because he's rude and they're all terrified that he'll piss off Zeno.
>>
Aside from preventing the "pokemon effect" on TV, it's also because the action scenes are un-darkened in BluRay. Both an anti-epileptic and a buy incentive measure.
>>
Why is Beerus so cute ?
>>
>>153388869
>TV stations are responsible in a way, they can't show things that can potentially harm their viewers.
Then why can people sell BDs that can potentially harm viewers?

It's the same thing to me. You do pay for both services.
>>
>>153389609
Because people have to consciously buy and watch BDs (which probably have some sort of warning label as well) to be in any risk of seeing the problematic scenes, while a TV broadcast can hit random people who are just switching through channels and have no way of knowing they'll suddenly get hit by seizure material.
>>
>>153390156
makes sense
>>
>>153389425
tien will sacrifice his life to beat his enemy. That's how he fights.
>>
>>153390156
>Tfw the day TV goes all digital this will no longer be a problem
SOON
>>
>>153388684
>Literally no one gets seizures from that
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>153392412
How soon?
>>
>>153388514
It's deceptive to say Buu took part in genocide. That Buu is a completely different entity than at the start of Buu saga. All the evil is literally sucked out of him.

>Piccolo
He's not king piccolo

>18/17
Maybe in a different timeline

>Vegeta
The only one.
>>
>>153394163
Piccolo killed people at the third martial artist tournament did he not?

18 and 17 ran free and killed, though probably not in the hundreds.

Of everyone Vegeta indeed has killed the most innocent people but they hang out with Beerus who commits genocide on a regular basis so who cares?
>>
>>153394393
It's Beerus's job though
it's literally a force of nature
>>
>>153394393
In their time on screen, neither present 17 or 18 killed a single person, it's possible they killed some off screen I guess
>>
>>153394834
what about that truck driver
>>
Isn't the most powerful version of Cell a time traveler?
>>
>>153394887
the one vegeta killed? or the one whose truck they stole but they spared his life?
>>
File: 231425365467478.png (877KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
231425365467478.png
877KB, 1600x900px
>>153388320
where this just human meme came from?
>>
>>153394933
Oh I forgot
>>
>>153394393
>Piccolo killed people at the third martial artist tournament did he not?

He started charging up a blast that blew up the entire stadium, but most people had already ran away as soon as his turban fell and they saw his antenna.
>>
>>153389425
>that fucking rectangle is a bullshit technique
Last time it had failed to do anything against Nappa in spite of Tenshinhan using all his power in a single blast and killing himself with it. Then by the Cell Saga it could be used multiple times to push back a vastly stronger opponent without killing Tenshinhan himself.

He has never had a real fight since then (Buu knocked him out from behind even), so they easily could introduce some even more bulshit technique for him when his battle comes.
>>
>>153393935
Like 2-3 decades by my understanding of the market and of Japs.
>>
>>153379752
That's the tournament itself, bot prelims.
>>
>>153395471
Too long.
>>
File: dalydoss.png (42KB, 138x121px) Image search: [Google]
dalydoss.png
42KB, 138x121px
>>153353955
Revive my nigga Pikkon
>>
>>153352402
>That naruto reference

Toriyama confirmed for bro.
>>
>>153397937
That's not funny.
>>
>>153397937
It's a sonic reference with Tails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfONEwrrsE
>>
>>153385976
I imagine Captain Ginyu trying to steal Zenos body.
>>
>>153379752

This is another moment
>>
>People actually think Cell would help

His entire endgame was to destroy all life in the universe and that was pretty much it.

Plus he didn't have a soul, so canonically he's permanently dead.
>>
>>153400268
this, I don't see why these retards can't understand it.
>>
>>153400268
>he didn't have a soul
??
>>
>>153400761
He was biogenetically created. He didn't spew out of Dr. Gero's sperm.
>>
>>153400851
Aha, but where does it say that because of that he didn't have a soul?
>>
>>153400954
he's literally a robot
>>
>>153400997
Wasn't he alive and organic?
>>
>>153400954
He wasn't born from a living breathing creature, therefore he doesn't have a soul.

He's an android created from dead cells and other bio materials instead of machinery like 16.
>>
>>153401192
>He wasn't born from a living breathing creature, therefore he doesn't have a soul.
When was this established? I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>153401192
He probably has a soul. He has sentience. Kid Buu has a freaking soul and he was just chaos.
>>
>>153401346
Buu was implied to be a demon that was reincarnated into an alien egg and watch eventually "created"/hatched by Bibidi. Just like Uub was reincarnated from Buu.
>>
>>153401135
uhhhhh
>>
>>153401508
Cell was not a robot, he was genetically designed and was organic, unlike say, Android 16, which was indeed a robot.
>>
>>153401618
a GMO warrior
>>
>>153395158

>Then by the Cell Saga it could be used multiple times to push back a vastly stronger opponent without killing Tenshinhan himself.

Remember, Tenshinhan lost his hand from Nappa and got btfo by him as well. Tenshinhan was injured when he was pulling of the tri beam and he was doing it with one hand at that. He placed the last remaining bit of strength he had left into that attack.

Again, he lost his fucking hand. God knows how much blood he was losing each minute.
>>
File: 1346648753373.png (171KB, 439x487px) Image search: [Google]
1346648753373.png
171KB, 439x487px
>>153396991

>Revive my nigga Pikkon

Hey nigger, Pikkon is not canon. He's 100% filler.
>>
>>153401192
This is bullshit. We saw Cell growing and aging through an experimental tube. He's most likely some type of insect that rapidly evolved a thousand times over.
>>
>>153401618

He was a biological robot.

>He was genetically designed

And the other Androids like 16 and 20 weren't 'designed'?
>>
>>153401795
Not genetically and they weren't alive, they were machines, like how cars are machines. Cell was not a machine.
>>
>>153401735
>He still believes filler isn't canon.

Hey guy. Toriyama confirmed GT being canon last year.
>>
>>153401876
Why did Kibito and Shin fuse again? Where is Beerus and SSB in GT?
>>
If Freiza was so scared of Beerus then why couldn't they rez Freiza than have him under Beerus's watch.
>>
>>153401983
Why can Gohan turn Super Saiyan in Super?
>>
>>153402075
Cause he's weak as shit now and hasnt kept up his training.

>>153402056
Because Frieza would eventually try to fuck it all up somehow. Beerus would need him more than he needed Beerus in all honesty.
>>
>>153402167

That's what blackmails for, fight or die Freiza. End of Tourney if we win I'll let you free.

It would have been a good dynamic to the team imo, having a villain fighting alongside them.
>>
>>153401274
Headcanon
>>
>>153402261
Fuck that, I want to see Krillin and Roshi do cool things. If you want Frieza, you can pretend frost is him
>>
>>153402364
>Frost replacing Frieza

Reminds me of the 90s when people said the same of Cooler because he was a "more serious" Frieza.
>>
>>153402364

Doesn't matter who gets cut, Golden Freiza could potentially be their number 1 fighter with training, they honestly have fucked up.

Also Freiza knew who Beerus was so he the blackmail would work on him.
>>
>>153402447
except frost is actually canon
>>
>>153402503
With Broly returning, don't hold your breath.
>>
>>153402533
not actually broly
>>
>hurr durr why dont they revive frieza

You only get one fucking revival. And fuck powerlevel faggots.
>>
>>153402533
thought they specifically made the Brolly lookalike female to avoid confusion.
>>
>>153402577
they did, and she'll probably rape Cabba
>>
>>153402692
why would she rape her brother anon, that's disgusting!
>>
>>153393927
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What's funny here? If anything, he should be laughing at you seizurefag
>>
For a team-based tournament arc like this its way more important to have diversity on the team than strictly follow power levels. Especially since the power levels fluctuate all the fucking time anyway, they've never been consistent.

The Universe 7 team is primarily the team used in Revival of "F", which consisted of all the main warriors throughout the series with the exception of Yamcha being replaced by Roshi. Adding Roshi to the mix was a good addition because his fighting style is totally distinct from the rest of the gangs and it's been a long time since he's had any spotlight, so bringing him along is refreshing. Meanwhile Yamcha has been the butt of most jokes since his own introduction.

Outside of the main gang you have Mr. Buu and the Android twins, powerful reformed villains who also have unique powersets and are justified being there since they're part of the family now. Bringing fucking Freeza along makes no sense because he'd never agree to it and is a time bomb waiting to go off, and Cells been missing in action since he initially died on top of being just as evil.

Gotenks is the only major fighter not participating, but the kids are obnoxious and can kindly fuck off. The time limit on fusions is a complication anyway, and he takes up two spots on the roster since Trunks and Goten are required to form him.
>>
File: 1325652996304.jpg (21KB, 219x234px) Image search: [Google]
1325652996304.jpg
21KB, 219x234px
>>153401876

>Toriyama confirmed GT being canon last year.

Please give a source to that, unless you think the quip he made years back about it being a 'side story' equals to 'canon'

Except it contradicts Super in every single way btw.

1) Kabito and Shin are still fused in GT

2) Pilaf gang are now children and it would mean they would have to be old now via a wish

3) Hell is entirely different in DBZ filler and GT then it is in Toriyama's version of Hell. In the filler version of Hell, Freeza meets up with Cell and Ginyu Force in his final form as well as watched Goku's fight with Kid Buu. In Toriyama's version of Hell, Freeza was stuck in a cocoon in his mecha form unaware of any of the events that happened since and even knowing who Buu was and surprised that Goku fought and beat him.
>>
>>153403298

> The time limit on fusions is a complication anyway, and he takes up two spots on the roster since Trunks and Goten are required to form him.

Not to mention, would fusions even be allowed? If they allow fusions, then other universes would ask if they could perform the dance as well.
>>
>>153403298
>Android twins
how about you wait until they actually appear before talking about them, we haven't heard anything about 17 yet
>>
>>153403397
Source is his ass
>>
can't they just mufaba everyone out of the ring?
>>
>>153403397
I don't really get why people still cling to the idea of GT being canon. It feels like one of the reasons Dragon Ball Kai even exists was to purge most of the Toei-original stuff from the anime so they could work straight off of the manga with Super.

Dragon Ball already has multiple canons anyway. The manga, the original broadcast of the anime and GT, Kai and Super, the alternate universe pre-Z Dragon Ball films, the Xenoverse franchise, etc. The series isn't unfamiliar to different adaptions and chronologies.
>>
>>153403466
>>153403466

Someone posted the source in the Xenoverse 2 /vg/ thread a couple months back of an interview Toriyama was apart of that he considered GT canon.

I'm not going through a 100 general threads to make 2 nameless nobodies satisfied.
>>
>>153403631
are you implying everyone there is evil

fucking universist
>>
>>153403700
>was to purpse most the the toei-original stuff

what did he mean by this?

did you mean extract
>>
>>153403796
Meant to reply to >>153403397
>>
>>153403700
You do realize half of Super is non-canon right? Everything after Revenge of F was written by Toyotaro.
>>
>>153404051
>everything after revenge of F

so that means NONE you retard
>>
>>153403821
oops, didnt remember that was a thing
>>
>>153404051
That's not even kind of true.

Toriyama provides the general outline and character designs of every arc. Toei and Toyotaro build off of that outline, and Toyotaro submits his finalized storyboards to Toriyama for criticism and approval. Most of it goes through him as far as the manga is concerned.

I can't speak for the Toei version because I'm not as familiar with their behind the scenes shit, but I'm sure they get some level of guidance as well.
>>
>>153403821
wait a fucking second, goku was practicing it on the turtle
>>
>>153404366
yeah the turtle is evil
>>
>>153404395
new arc confirmed
>>
>>153404527
yeah toriyama is my uncle he said the turtle will kill Goku and take over his body
>>
Why do so many people want more villains back as allies? We already have Boo and the Androids, and hell even Vegeta, Piccolo and arguably Tien were villains at one point. Reformed villain turned rival is littered across the series, we don't really need it again.
There's also plenty of characters that deserve more screentime than Freiza or Cell (Frieza especially).
>>
>>153405015
>boo
post disregarded
>>
>>153405015
Nearly the entire cast was antagonistic towards Goku at some point. Even the likes of Chaozu, Yamcha, Oolong, Puar and Krillin.

Freeza being one of the villains who's never shown any possibility for redemption in all of his reappearances makes him more memorable than if he became yet another reluctant ally turned friend.
>>
>>153405015
They are Zfags. Dont want to see Krillin, Roshi, and Tien being relevant again and clinging to their power level meter.
>>
>>153405204
I guess when you think about it Roshi and everyone born after the series started were just about the only people not antagonistic towards Gokau at some point.
>>
>>153405015
Pretty everyone was formerly an antagonist og Goku's at one point.

>Bulma child a 13 year old kid on sight
>Oolong and his sex slavery
>Yamcha and Puar tried to rob Goku
>Tien, Chaoitzu and Piccolo Jr. tried to kill Goku in a tournament where killing wasn't allowed
>Vegeta sent his goons to kill everyone

Only Chi-Chi and Roshi is except from this
>>
Streaming Dragon Ball from episode 1 if anyone wants to watch

Weebcrew.moe
>>
>>153405419
You've got exceptions here and there.
Bulma in particular was pretty much unambiguously Goku's friend by the time they met Oolong. She let go of the whole "he's just a bodyguard" thing very quickly.
>>
>>153405506
>japanese
>>
>>153405506
>skipping the ED
>>
>The Fox one isn't the God of Destruction of the Fox universe

THIS TRIGGERS ME REEEEE
>>
>>153352402
He stopped "trying" in Buu arc, you braindead fucktard. Super is beyond even the lowest level of hollow nostalgia cash grab garbage. He doesn't give a SHIT about you or this shit series.
>>
>>153405484
You forgot Krillin fucking Goku in that one fetch the rock mission for Roshi's training.

I feel so fucking bad for Nappa. He wouldnt of been pretty into the Z fighter shit.

>hey we can use the dragonballs to revive Raditz.
>NO NAPPA
>hey, maybe we can fuck some earth girls
>NO NAPPA
>>
>>153405484

>oolong
>sex slavery

Pretty sure he treated them like gods with that treatments.
>>
So what are they scared of? Is zeno getting pissed Buu isnt fighting seriously. Buu better lay a beat down next ep
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.