[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember watching this back when I was a teen. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 85E.jpg (137KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
85E.jpg
137KB, 1024x768px
I remember watching this back when I was a teen. I don't think I understood it and I don't recall anything aside from it being really depressing. Is it worth rewatching or will I end up confused and cutting my wrists?
>>
You'll end up aroused and stroking your penis.
>>
>>153346572
Rewatch the first episode. If you like it, watch another one. Repeat.
>>
It's probably just as depressing now as it was for your then, but it's still a great show and a rewatch would be worth it.
>>
it's not depressing, it has a gloomy atmosphere that makes it seem depressing
imo it's worth watching
if you'll end up cutting your wrists as a result it will be because this anime has made you reflect on deep stuff that's meaningful to you and you'll have reached the conclusion that killing yourself is the best course of action, so it's all good
>>
>>153346572
I remember when I rewatched it I was really surprised at how relevant some of the topics it discusses are to today's life and culture. It was really ahead of its time even just by a little bit.
>>
It's not really a depressing show and it should be rewatched, it's impossible to understand in one watching
>>
>>153346572
>rec thread
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>153347207
Shut up
>>
>>153346572
how is lain depressing?
it's unsettling and dark, but it's not at all sad until the end.
>>
File: 1485242467245.gif (216KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485242467245.gif
216KB, 593x900px
It's even more depressing now than it was then and you still won't really understand it.
>>
File: 1485488026368.gif (95KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485488026368.gif
95KB, 500x384px
>>153347549
The overall atmosphere is so dark it's depressing.
>>
>>153347549
Same way Beck is depressing
>>
I can't believe how people can say that the overall tone of the series isn't depressing. Doesn't it open with a suicide?
>>
>>153347974
>Doesn't it open with a suicide?
yes
refer to >>153347135
>>
>>153346572
This story is essentially this.
Someone invented a protocol that allow merging of reality and virtual world together, which means you could rewind/edit/add/delete/fast forward like a video. Whoever control this world essentially becomes the god
>>
>>153346572
It's worth rewatching Lain for the OP alone, just watch it again.
>>
>>153346778
Basically this.
>>
The only reason you'd end up cutting your wrists is because you decided that it's best to leave your physical body for the Wired.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.