[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trigun Maximum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: TrigunMaximumv01Cover.jpg (25KB, 229x320px) Image search: [Google]
TrigunMaximumv01Cover.jpg
25KB, 229x320px
How can anyone sit through this when the art is shit?
>>
>>153331177 (OP)
You said "Maximum", not "Trigun". Do you mean that Nightow's art got worse over time (less 90s Moebius-era texture, a lot more simplified and standard) or do you think his art was always bad? Because if it's the former then I get what you mean but if it's the latter then I HUGELY disagree.

I personally think even the later volumes of Trigun have at least PRETTY GOOD art. Kekkai Sensen is pure ass and laziness through and though, though.
>>
File: cowboy ass.jpg (51KB, 694x226px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy ass.jpg
51KB, 694x226px
>>153331625
I miss when Nightow would draw rough surfaces like this. I guess either he or an editor decided that look was "dated" and modern action manga has to be more simple and sleek or some shit.
>>
File: nightow2.jpg (254KB, 1200x847px) Image search: [Google]
nightow2.jpg
254KB, 1200x847px
>>153331678
I love the amount of texture he gave stuff
>>
You're right, they should be standing
>>
File: trigunv1.jpg (276KB, 1200x847px) Image search: [Google]
trigunv1.jpg
276KB, 1200x847px
Nightow was a baby when he drew this but it looks better than every 2-page spread I've seen from his new manga
>>
Reading Trigun (not maximum) I couldn't make out what was happening most of the time and somehow I still didn't drop it. I guess I just really liked the setting.
>>
File: Trigun0104_110-111.jpg (417KB, 1503x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Trigun0104_110-111.jpg
417KB, 1503x1062px
>>153331926
>I couldn't make out what was happening most of the time
That sounds like an over-exaggeration to me. I'll agree some pages don't read too well but most of it does and the characters being so tall and lanky can make for very readable silhouettes & poses. It's no better or worse than say Jojo at readability, I'd say.

The one thing Nightow SUCKS at is drawing faces in a solid three-dimensional way. They can be very expressive, but from a pure objective illustration craft standpoint they're often a mess.
>>
File: hellboy as fuck.jpg (58KB, 626x544px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy as fuck.jpg
58KB, 626x544px
I wish Nightow's SLEEK AND MODERN style took more inspiration from Mike Mignola instead of generic action manga
>>
File: 184-185.jpg (2MB, 1814x1437px) Image search: [Google]
184-185.jpg
2MB, 1814x1437px
>>153331877
You're a funny one.
>>
This thread needs more musical underlining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9T5jjZceY
>>
>>153332550
...fuck, you got me. That looks great.

I'll admit I just skimmed through a bunch of chapters and decided "this must be the overall style, and I like Trigun more". The AVERAGE page did look less appealing to me, but I guess there are some really dramatic ones that have a lot of effort put into them. The thing is I came across some "epic" action pages during my skimming that looked like they were supposed to pop out and they seemed poor and lazy; a lot of ugly screentones instead of the hand-drawn messiness of that image.
>>
>>153333147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkgRfe2rtY Gungrave (the game, I'm one of the 4 people on earth that thinks it's good & doesn't think the anime is infinitely better) & Trigun made me want to check Hajime no Ippo since it's the same guy doing the music.

For years I thought of it as a less interesting and more traditionally modern shonen fighting equivalent to Ashita no Joe, but now I might be more accepting of something that's kinda generic but executed well. The music's great and some scenes look amazingly animated especially later on.
>>
>>153333432
What's that genre anyway? Junkyard blues or something like that? Same with stuff like Borderlands etc. I find it hard to find lots of music for that style
>>
>>153333817
Actually I have a friend who has a TON of that sort of music but he never told me what it could be categorized as. He only comes online about once a month though but he has an insane musical collection and fucking endless knowledge (also he thinks Nightow action is pretty cool).

You can give me your email or I could give you yours and I'll contact you when he recs me similar stuff.
>>
File: 1450258657078.gif (677KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450258657078.gif
677KB, 500x281px
>>153334222
That would be awesome. Here I just created a throwable Email adress since this is 4chan, but thank you for that offer in the first place.
[email protected]
>>
>>153334819
yeah I'll keep it in mind, we always end up talking about anime/game music at some point so it'll be on my mind

neat gif!
>>
>>153333432
>Trigun made me want to check Hajime no Ippo since it's the same guy doing the music.

I always thought that they sounded pretty similar, I never realized that they were actually from the same guy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.