[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Saint Seiya worth watching? What are your thoughts about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 600full-pegasus-seiya.jpg (61KB, 595x800px) Image search: [Google]
600full-pegasus-seiya.jpg
61KB, 595x800px
Is Saint Seiya worth watching?

What are your thoughts about it?

In which order should I watch it?
>>
>>153301627
Read the manga
>>
>>153301657
But I want to watch the animoo
>>
>>153302067
Watch the anime until the end of the black saints arc. Then skip to the manga until the beginning of the 12 houses arc
>>
>>153302067
Read the manga, if you want Saint Seiya. That being said the anime is way more loved but it's basically another thing.
>>
>>153301627
>Is Saint Seiya worth watching?
Are you used to 80s anime and aren't bothered by stock footage? Then watch, others skip.

You can try Lost Canvas, I guess, which is a standalone prequel, but I'm not fond of it. It fixes flaws of the original, but also misses most of its strengths and just doesn't stand out much.

>What are your thoughts about it?
It has a fairly repetitive structure for its battles, but it has great cast balance and does the best job in hyping a large group of enemies with the Gold Saints.

>In which order should I watch it?

Like I said above, if you're used to 80s anime, go with the original series, otherwise, you should most likely just skip the franchise altogether.
>>
>>153301627
>>153302461
>>
>>153302521
>Watch the anime until the end of the black saints arc. Then skip to the manga until the beginning of the 12 houses arc

That's fucking stupid, the anime changes the first arcs. Seriously Ikki wearing the sagittarius cloth is so fucking retarded
>>
>>153301627

Yes. Some episodes you can skip like the iron saints and all that but even the filler episodes are somewhat decent.

If anything it's a pretty consistent anime, specially from the sanctuary saga onward (even though that was the best one).

I mean: Kidnap Athena, threaten the world, Athena sacrifices for the world, Saints have to defeat enemy saints protecting houses/pilars/gems/etc, final bad, seventh sense, power of friendship, rescue Athena, repeat.
>>
Watch until the end of the 12 Temples arc and stop. The Asgard arc is a nice filler, but it will drone on and on after a while. Poseidon is just shit.

Watch Hades - Sanctuary after that. It's fucking awesome. Hades - Inferno and Hades - Elysium, not so much.

Now get out.
>>
>>153302609
This anon is spot on.
>>
>>153301627

Just watch the 12 temples arc.

Every other arc repeats the formula, only not as good.
>>
File: 1481993019857.jpg (38KB, 264x395px) Image search: [Google]
1481993019857.jpg
38KB, 264x395px
>>153302609
I agree with this as well. In the off chance you get fond of the series/franchise, you can always compare with the manga later,or try one of the several spin-offs, one of which is getting an anime by april.
>>
Siempre la verdad
VencerĂ¡ a todo el mal
>>
>>153301627
It is if you're a Paco.

I've never seen an American give a shit about this series. They tend to like Ronin Warriors more.
>>
>>153301627
Yes
Underrated as fuck
Saint Seiya (no fillers), Hades-hen, Lost Canvas, Soul of Gold.
>>
>>153308258
Yeah, the burgers really screwed the localization of the franchise on murika. It could have been a worthy rival of Dragon Ball Z, like it is on latin america and France.

Which makes me wonder, what is the state of english subs for those who wish to watch/download the 80's anime nowdays? I tried to see a couple releases on nyaa and the comments about the subs seem to be no good.
>>
I honestly don't get why spics love this show so much.
>>
>>153308593
>>153303655
an Anon is slowly working through the blurays.
>>
>>153301657
Actually no.
Kurumada's drawing are meh, St Seiya anime is one of the only adaptation that surpasses the original. The music is incredible.
>>
>>153301627
I honestly couldn't tell. I grew up with Saint Seiya, it moved me and inspired me a lot...but I suppose it's like nowadays big shonen in a way : very worthwile but a lot of ups and downs in the realisation, + slow/repetitive stuff.

Also don't expect "real" fights. The fights in Saint Seiya are mostly feelings, values, psychology and stories of the characters clashing. The fight themselves are kinda like a turn-by-turn RPG.
If you got time, try to watch until the sanctuary/gold saints at least to know if you'll like it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.