[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they come from this to Rebuild story arc? Will they explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 51

File: ASUKA 231.jpg (1MB, 1645x2287px) Image search: [Google]
ASUKA 231.jpg
1MB, 1645x2287px
How did they come from this to Rebuild story arc? Will they explain that in the next movie?

Why does everyone have amnesia of the events in End of Evangelion? What happened to Soryu despite she is depicted to have been exploring with post 3rd impact with Shinji? What is Mari's origins?
>>
File: whatever happens happens.gif (1023KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
whatever happens happens.gif
1023KB, 500x420px
No one knows. In fact it might be like HBO shows where it's just weird and mysterious for stylistic reasons and there's nothing behind the mask.
We just have to wait for the last movie to know for sure. People are convinced 4.0 is going to make the Rebuilds retroactively good. Khara means happiness in Greek and shit in Hebrew, so there's that.
>>
>>153296990
The only chance it has to be good is just be the spectacle that End was.

Or just at least do what I just mentioned in OP.
>>
>>153298917
I have no expectations. Maybe Eva is supposed to be like Berserk and never really finish.
>>
>>153296990
the big difference here is that weird HBO shows usually have a moment where it all clicks together, like in Westworld or whatever.

In anime the "click" moment is replaced by a ten minute long monologue of pure contrivance that usually boils down to "lol everyone's inner selves blah blah blah" or the heart and everyone is left scratching their heads wondering "is this it?"
>>
>>153296579
Anno doesn't even know

They are making it up as they go along, 3.0 was vastly different to the preview
>>
>>153301235
But anon, the heart and inner self were exactly what doom spiralled the park.
>>
>>153296579

The only official end to EoE is scene where Shinji tires to choke Asuka etc. Nobody knows what happened later

And there's no explanation how EoE ending went into Rebuild
>>
Don't read too literally into Rebuild following EoE, OP. It might not end up meaning anything in the film series universe, or it might be that this is a parallel universe, or thousands of years later, or anything, really. We have no idea.
>>
File: End of Evangelion.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
End of Evangelion.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>153301522
Well in some of the promotional art, Asuka and Shinji stare at the beach. OP picture is another one I think, looks like they went to some Tokyo 3 stores after the beach.
>>
>>153301647
As far as i remember Op pic is a fanart
Your pic comes from official EoE cinema posters and we can't judge what emotions comes from it or how much time passed between EoE end and poster situation

And OP questions cant be answered ebcause we dont know. Only hint for Mari is photo shown by vice-commander in Rebuild 3.0, where You holds Shinji with adult-like Mari standing near her
>>
>>153301747
>>153301647
Actually this poster wasn't used for the Japanese release. The Japanese poster for EoE was different, it showed everyone in the tang.
>>
>>153301912
>>153301747
So its unofficial, alright.
>>
>>153296579
It doesn't, cyclical ending is exclusive to manga and Rebuild isn't in continuity with that, either.
>>
>>153296579
As if Shinji would hold Asuka's hand
Go back to fanfics
>>
>>153302064
kek, this

The only thing he'd hold is her neck to murder her ugly bitch ass.
>>
>>153301956
I thought some how everything reset before 1.11 and some how every character has amnesia. Something about everything will keep resetting until Shinji finds happiness.

However, some things don't make sense.

>>153302064
>>153302137
Its from the official artbook dumbass.
>>
>>153302201
Why doesn't Kaworu have amnesia?
>>
>>153302064
>>153302137

I remember thread from yesterday with pretty nice discusscion without waifuwars and shit

As Shinji would hold anyones hand all by himself. He's too pasive
>>
>>153302277
Because he's a god with super saiyan powers.
>>
>>153302279
Did Shinji ever hold anyone's hand in NGE?
>>
>>153302279
Where's that anon to save us?

>>153296579
Is this pic from Die Sterne? I remember he also commented on it
>>
>>153302345
He held Kaworu's in the baths. No homo.
>>
>>153302277
Maybe because He's a Angel aka Adam-based lifeform and Instrumentality affects only Lilith forms aka all life on earth

So, when Shinji somehow wish for reset, because he (sometimes) tries to go forward instead of running away, everyone got their memory wiped. Im rewatching NGE and i didnt get to rewatch rebuilds, but as far as i remember characters progressed like Asuka being less tsun, Rei being more emotional and Shinji acting more active than passive
>>
>>153302345
Kaworu, but as i said, he doesn't hold his hand, just allows kaworu to do this first with visible Shinji reaction to this
>>
File: #288.jpg (410KB, 1390x1437px) Image search: [Google]
#288.jpg
410KB, 1390x1437px
>>153301943
It's official, it's even from the same book as the clean version of the alternate poster.
>>
File: it's a squeakel.jpg (63KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
it's a squeakel.jpg
63KB, 685x960px
>>153302459
Or maybe Shinji specifically wanted only Kaworu to remember
>>
>>153302514
I dont know, its my hypothesis and yours can be correct too
>>
>>153302514
>shipping shit

lets have an eva thread without, please?
>>
>>153302675
That's not necessarily shipping
>>
>>153302675
What? I honestly wasn't trying to give off that impression with my post. Sorry.
>>
>>153302721
>>153302739
It implies romantic intention.
>>
>>153302757
No, it really doesn't.
>>
>>153302800
Whatever.

>>153302459
I'd like to know what caused Asuka to go from a beach to transform into Shikinami in 2.22 while not having any traumatic past.

Also its weird not seeing Asuka HATING Kaji, she gives him an angry look.
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (78KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
78KB, 500x318px
>discussing Rebuild before 3.0+1.0 comes out
Let's save that for better times, we already have a shitton of sequel theories and a bunch of heartbroken reifags
>>
>>153302965
I'm pretty sure Asukafags are upset too, considering 3.33 shat all over her.
>>
>>153302883
Oh well, i see

As i stated, the world "restart" changed psycho of some characters
In EoE Asuka accepted her mother and was able to pilot 02 again. Thats maybe why she's not afraid of dolls anymore and even have one
Change in surnames - i dont know
With some of her past concluded, she's less bitch, she dotn wanna to desperately be adult. Moreso, she wont even try to get on Kanji so hard because she doesnt need strong, mature male to support her and show how she's adult herself
Same with Rei, acting more like her version from before suicide detonation than unresponding rei from first episodes
>>
>>153303305
Hm, this makes me wonder two things:

>why does Asuka call Shinji by 'Baka Shinji' instead of Ikari-kun since she's mentally normal
>How is she able to pilot the EVA since her mothers spirit is not in it
>>
>>153302459
The more simple explanation is that Kaworu met Shinji when he was younger. Keep in mind that Shinji's memories of the time around Yui's experiment were erased so he wouldn't remember Kaworu.
>>
>>153303495
She never called him Ikari kun she's always been unecessarily rude to him you dumb fuck
>>
>>153303495
Her mother spirit is always in 02 unit or jsut another, unknown souls resides in eva now
And her "reunite" with mom doesnt erase all the trauma with her stepmother and father giving no shit about her
Maybe i will see more explanations when i actually rewatch rebuild 2.0
>>
And these not fitting together bothered you so much you needed an explanation not accounting for her name change, Yui's and Gendo's name changes, changes to Lilith, the addition of four Adams, the removal of references to Adams as Angels, the removal of references to super solenoids, the addition of a new third Angel discovered before Second Impact, Seele not being human, Seele not being UN, the addition of a new UN Evangelion agency at cold war with Seele's independent NERV, and a UFO inside a halo portal.
>>
>>153303732
That's retarded. Kaworu woke up from a fucking coffin and explicitly references the time they met in NGE.
>>
>>153303781
I've only seen 2.22 and 3.33 once, I only recall her saying to him "you can call me Asuka if I can call you stupid Shinji"

It doesn't make sense either, because she no longer hates him or has a rivaly with him. They no longer have that hedgehogs dilemma.
>>
>>153303939
But She has

She thinks that Shinji And Rei got their positions due to connections when she thinks that only herself worked hard to be able to pilot eva
>>
>>153303998
I don't recall her saying that, she would have mentioned that during their bedside talk.
>>
>>153303032
>>153302965
It was pretty cool for Mari-fags
>>
>>153304069
In 2.0 when she jumps on Rei calling her something like Gendo favorite pet
>>
>>153303998
Well Shik is a bit more jealous of Rei, she doesn't like her fellow pilots spending time together for some reason.

However, she doesn't have conflict with Shinji anymore.
>>
>>153304100
I hope the MP EVAs tear her apart.
>>
>>153304268
Asuka has been rebranded in order to be more popular, much in the same way Rei has been rebranded to become less popular.

Evangelion is a shit franchise, this coming from someone who loves the originals.
>>
>>153303998
That's kept through 3.33, she uses the same naming theme for Mari. Her demonstrated familiarity with Mari is she has connections and wears glasses.
>>
>>153304268
Actually, she didnt have any conflict with him at all. it would need some better explanation provided by anon with much better knowledge than mine

She actually wants Shinji to aknowledge her, but she's making errors of calling him names wchich do the opposite. Mainly because she cant understand Shinji and his passive behaviour (as he cant understand her). They both need something from the other and both cant vent it out and constantly misunderstood many things
>>
>>153304416
Isn't that the opposite now? Shikinami is a different character, she doesn't need Shinji anymore and visa versa. Its not End of Evangelion. Its not two broken kids with a very tramatic past that are craving for affection "One More Final: I Need You"

That Asuka is gone.
>>
>>153304552
>That Asuka is gone.
T_T
>>
>>153303032
>I'm pretty sure Asukafags are upset too, considering 3.33 shat all over her.

Maybe 1-2 Asukafags are upset because Reifags redpilled them on Rebuild. But everyone was jumping with joy the second it came out, along with Kaworu fans. The rest are enjoying themselves thoroughly.
>>
>>153304552
For me in rebuild she looks like a simpe version of Tsundere, angry at Rei because she(rei) want to make Shinji happy. The Asuka tries to cook something for him and later in 3.0 calls him to do something

But you're right, there's no more broken kids anymore
>>
File: Asuka staring at Rei and Shinji.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka staring at Rei and Shinji.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>>153304690
So basically Shinji has taken Kaji's place? And so Shik is pissed that Rei gets to spend time with Shinji.

She's only mad at him in 3.33 because he didn't save her in, which is kind of stupid.

>>153304639
Anecdotes don't count, but as for me I've talked to a few Asukafags on cripplechan and twitter and they agree with me.
>>
>>153304992
Ironic, you say anecdotes don't count, yet here you are. Four years later by the way.

At any rate, if you want to blame anyone, blame yourself. 3.33 is really the most extreme version of what asuka fans collectively wanted.
>>
>>153305048
How is it what we wanted? Less screentime and becoming nothing but waifubait?
>>
>>153304992
I stop myself from bringing opniosn about Shinji taking kanji place, as i rewatch 1.0 now and 2.0 and 3.0 later

Also, as far as i remember Asuka is mad a Shinji in 3 when:
1. In space yells for Shinji to do something
2. When she punches glass wall in time when everyone is mad at Shinji for fuck reason
3. When fighting him in central dogma. She fails to explain to Shinji that he's being used by his father becasue he's fucking asuka 300% and instead of geting to his mind, he gives him every reason to oppose her
4. Mad for not rescuing her. Whatever that means rescuing in the past or durning 4th impact
>>
>>153296579
Neon Genesis Evangelion is just Lost but with giant robots.
>>
>>153305301
>becoming nothing but waifubait?

Yeah, this pretty much. The strong hatred Asuka fans has for Rei is also manifest in 3.33, where Rei Q is made simply to be that pathetic piece Asuka fans can look down. A "Rei" made just for them that's harmless and not a rival in any sense.
>>
OP, at the end of the eva manga there is a chapter where we pretty much get an idea where mari comes from. (i mean the manga is not very canon, but hey, its at least a start and a somewhat logical connection.)
mari was a girl in the same school as yui and gendo and she had an ol lesbo crush on yui
since 3.33 (as much of a shitpile as it is) clears up that eva pilots stay young forever, i assume she was involved in some very early experiments or something, i mean we see later how enthusiastic she is about eva - the whole connection with yui thing.
but yeah, a lot of it is speculation/non canon

well it doesnt matter either way because mari is and will always be a stupid fanservice shit character with no personality.
>>
>>153305312
She doesn't seem to be mad about causing 3rd impact, but rather I think Asuka feels he tried to kill her and didn't save her.

I remember hearing about some animators when creating the fight in central dogma, "Asuka looks so cute!"

Everyone at WILLIE thinks of Shinji as a potential enemy, but Asuka screams out his name. Which is rather odd.

>>153305422
What rivalry? Competing for screentime? Rei wins this in the colors.
>>
>>153305679
>What rivalry? Competing for screentime? Rei wins this in the colors.

Competing for portrayal. Don't tell me you don't find it oddly convenient that Rei gets written out of the story and rewritten to be an attack on Reifags, while Asuka gets rewritten to have literal super-powers with all flaws removed.

Asuka fans, once redpilled on this, either accept it or as in most cases, start blatantly denying it, moving goalpost after goalposts until they descend into utter shitpost mania. Don't be that latter guy.
>>
>>153305774
Isn't it a bit quick to judge it since we don't know how the Rebuild arc ends? Rei Ayanami from 2.22 might return in the next one, and don't forget Rei is an avatar of Lilith. She's pretty much a deity.
>>
>>153305971
It's been four years. I wish I could punch you in the face.
>>
File: Kurisu finger twirl.gif (364KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Kurisu finger twirl.gif
364KB, 500x375px
>>153306017
I'm sure that punch will turn into a high five once its proven that I'm right. You know it in your heart, anon.
>>
>>153306108
I wish I could punch you in the brain. You simply don't fucking get it do you?
>>
File: 1486582361087.jpg (74KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
1486582361087.jpg
74KB, 600x845px
Who cares. The Rebuilds are only interesting if you look at them as a response to the fanaticism that grew out of the original series. Now Anno legitimately hates the fandom and goes out of his way to show how caring about Eva is bad for you. This is found mostly in 3.33 and the end of 2.22 when piloting the Eva (previously a positive action, meant to represent participating with the world even if it might be painful) leads to disastrous consequences. Its especially obvious in 3.33 when Shinji begs Misato to pilot again but she flat out says that he should never do that again.

Its all part of a master plan
>>
>>153305971
Rebuild "Rei" is just an expression of Asuka fans hatred towards Rei. She's a clone of Yui now who's Yui Ayanami, and Rei Q made Rei into a normal clone. There's not enough time to make this a good character either.

The only way 3.0+.1.0 can make it up to Rei again, is if it destroys Asuka, Kaworu and to some degree WILLE as much as it has destroyed Rei. In other words, that's twenty years of mistreatment of Rei having added up into a single movie, and they must be worse off than they were in NGE. Plus it has to glorify Rei with just as much.

Then, and only then, will Rebuild not be forfeit as Anno's jerk off material.
>>
File: 1485219598583.png (687KB, 642x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485219598583.png
687KB, 642x540px
>>153306219
>I don't get EVA - the post

Wow, if you don't get that Anno is more into EVA than ever with these Rebuilds, you should just kill yourself. Anno is a blatant Asukafag who takes out years of hatred out on Rei, and that's the whole point with the Rebuilds.

Nothing else.
>>
>>153306339
Then why did he kill her screen time in both movies?
>>
>>153305679
Cant tell why she's mad after all because 3.0 have so many question marks that well... fuck it, lets wait for 4.0

And yeach, WILLE being mad for 14y old child that didnt even know that berserk state eating s2 core will lead to impact is completly allowed even if they would all die to angel who killed two other evas without taking damage
>>
>>153306219
>Who cares. The Rebuilds are only interesting if you look at them as a response to the fanaticism that grew out of the original series. Now Anno legitimately hates the fandom and goes out of his way to show how caring about Eva is bad for you.

I really hate this though. Being shamed for liking something by the very thing you like is fucking toxic.
>>
>>153305389
The naive keep hope that Rebuild has a myth arc established from the beginning, instead of made up as it goes and retconned by new additions years after it ends.
>>
>>153306427
>>153306219
Not to mention shitting all over Evangelion seems like a waste of resources and money.
"oh hehe I'm going shit all over your favorite characters and make you hate Evangelion. haha!" t.anno
>>
>>153306219
>This is found mostly in 3.33 and the end of 2.22 when piloting the Eva (previously a positive action, meant to represent participating with the world even if it might be painful) leads to disastrous consequences.

Piloting 01 in 2.22 in and of itself was not a bad thing. Shinji wanted to save his friend, but he was so intent on doing that and only that that he wasn't focusing on the potential consequences of his methods. This is excusable, as he probably just thought it was "a really, really hard thing to do" and not "something you should NOT be doing at all".

>Its especially obvious in 3.33 when Shinji begs Misato to pilot again but she flat out says that he should never do that again.

Well.
It's clearly not something that's exactly good for him.
Furthermore, she might think he was throwing a tantrum and potentially ruined the world out of spite.
>>
>>153306373
Because it's more about hating on Rei than it is showing affection for Asuka at this point. Asuka's screentime validates the character 100% of the time as something better than the original.

In the meantime, the entire plot is now about how pursuing Rei is in Anno's mind, the equivalent of destroying the entire world. He ruins Rei's character completely, and then taps into the fanbase itself to get ideas on how to sabotage Rei, by validating everything negative the Rei-characters make up about the character.

The guy devotes entire scenes into shellshocking the audience through Shinji about how Rei is a clone of Yui's mom, and that she's simply a tool with no will. They describe Rei's failure in detail, and leave nothing for the imagination of the fans as he would with Kaworu or Asuka. They are left with positive traits, so that fans can latch onto them and fantasize freely.

The less you say, the better it gets in a way. Show, don't tell, let the audience make up their own mind - Rei doesn't get this privilege and is strongly labeled as a loser.

>>153306536
It definitely has planning around it, just not around the universe elements.
>>
>>153306564
I should clarify that while Eva is bad for his psyche, it was bad for his psyche in the original series too.

And even though it's not exactly good for his psyche, the consequences are, nevertheless, not inherently disastrous.
>>
>>153306564
The point isn't it for it to be fair towards Shinji, the point was for Anno to be unfair against Shinji through ruining Rei and his hopes, in other words attacking Rei fans.
>>
File: 4efee59283eeba6f.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4efee59283eeba6f.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>153296579
>How did they come from this to Rebuild story arc?
We don't know if it's a sequel or a prequel. The only thing we really know is the one thing we've known since the 90's: Kaworu is a looper and has yet to accomplish his goal of fucking Shinji. Imagine living life after life and not being able to accomplish the one thing you want most.
>>
>“I don’t see any adults here in Japan,” he says, with a shrug. “The fact that you see salarymen reading manga and pornography on the trains and being unafraid, unashamed or anything, is something you wouldn’t have seen 30 years ago, with people who grew up under a different system of government. They would have been far too embarrassed to open a book of cartoons or dirty pictures on a train. But that’s what we have now in Japan. We are a country of children.”

-Anno, 2007
>>
>>153306786
Well that certainly explains the bullying.
>>
>>153306786
Which is funny considering the Japanese were even less civilized and mature during the time Anno idolizes. Anno is just a faggot.
>>
>>153306753
WHY is he so obsessed with Shinji? Aren't he fucking Adam? The show has, so far, implied that angels are inclined to not give a single fucking dribble about humans.
>>
File: ASUKA 20.png (194KB, 1280x1292px) Image search: [Google]
ASUKA 20.png
194KB, 1280x1292px
>>153306786
Reminder:

"As for the previous Evangelion, many people took what I made as 'entertainment' and turned it into a 'target of dependence.' I wanted to take responsibility for those people becoming impudent. I wanted to bring the work back to the level of entertainment. However, I’ve started to pull back from that subject (criticizing 'escapist otaku.') Those kind of people don’t understand, no matter what you say. I finally realized there’s nothing you can do."
>>
>>153307006
Because its post-post-modern
>>
>>153305312
>I stop myself from bringing opniosn about Shinji taking kanji place, as i rewatch 1.0 now and 2.0 and 3.0 later

Yeah, with Kaji she was blatantly yandere where as with Shinji she was tsun-tsun in NGE. This time she's just a red headed Tohsaka Rin now.
>>
>>153307006
>angels are inclined to not give a single fucking dribble about humans.
Because they're practically children and are responded to with force. Leliel, Arael, and Armisael were interested in humans and started a dialogue because they had the ability to do so.
>>
>>153306739
Oh my fucking god I cannot stand this shit.
Please just fuck OFF.
>>
File: 031.jpg (251KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
251KB, 904x1300px
>>153307349
Can't stand it because it's true?
>>
File: UGH COME ON ITS SO EASY.jpg (109KB, 1242x843px) Image search: [Google]
UGH COME ON ITS SO EASY.jpg
109KB, 1242x843px
>>153307006
Kaworu is comparable to a cancer. Originally, he was supposed to be a normal, human boy. Since episode 1, Rei was teased as something supernatural, and it goes on to pair her with this figure called "Adam", in which she reflects on, and is sent to work on "The Adam Project" in one episode. Ritsuko speaks of Adam in one episode, and the "settei" from the original time was that Rei was 50% Adam, 50% Yui.

However, episode 24 comes along, and "Adam" as we now know it was in reality Lilith. Kaworu was now an Angel, the 17th. He was not yet Adam, until later.

In the Director's Cut, Kaworu now becomes Adam, a full-blown Seed of Life like Rei. He is never a player after he dies in the Game of Evas, but assumes a passive role beneath Rei / Lilith. Rei at the end of the series is a time-transcendent being who completes the loop between episode 1 and 26/EoE.

Then spinoffs come, and he gets privileged roles in them. Rei keeps getting smaller roles, and is less "powerful" than in NGE. This keeps repeating itself, until now Kaworu is portrayed as a timelooper who remembers everything, whilst Rei is no longer a character, but more of a thing created to please Kaworu and Asuka fans.

This cancerous growth called "Kaworu" has sapped NGE of all it's strength and turned what was a strong, coherent and meaningful story into an irredeemable pandering mess. It has transmuted the flesh of Evangelion into a cancerous tumour.
>>
>>153307403
>"As for the previous Evangelion, many people took what I made as 'entertainment' and turned it into a 'target of dependence.' I wanted to take responsibility for those people becoming impudent. I wanted to bring the work back to the level of entertainment. However, I’ve started to pull back from that subject (criticizing 'escapist otaku.') Those kind of people don’t understand, no matter what you say. I finally realized there’s nothing you can do."

Shut the fuck UP.
>>
File: 46852556_p0.png (1MB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
46852556_p0.png
1MB, 750x1000px
>>153307349
deal /w it reifag
>>
File: 1485961388890.gif (47KB, 247x274px) Image search: [Google]
1485961388890.gif
47KB, 247x274px
>>153307543
Why aren't these translated to English?
>>
>>153307492
What's your point, otaku-chan?
>>
>>153306786
This is some /v/-bait-tier stuff. I respect the hell out of Anno and I love all of his work, but he's a really embarrassing fedora elitist that would be laughed at if he was anyone else.
>>
File: anno h.jpg (16KB, 475x313px) Image search: [Google]
anno h.jpg
16KB, 475x313px
>>153307492
>However, I’ve started to pull back from that subject (criticizing 'escapist otaku.')

Makes sense why he made the Rebuilds then. He's out to not criticize otaku, but pander to them hardcore - explains why he panders Asuka and Kaworu so hard, and shit on Rei since Rei is more liked in Japan.

Except it doesn't, it's a shitty reason and he should be ashamed.
>>
>>153307344
Didn't they just spout metaphysical cryptic bullshit while simultaneously raping the minds of lilin?i
>>153307437
Okay. That did not seem rational and didn't really explain shit, but I guess I'll go along with it like any EVA fan.
>>
>>153307543
>>153307590

Oh.
I thought YOU were a Reifag.
Normally, I'd say never mind. But my point still stands. Nothing in Rebuild is a fan commentary or director assault of any kind. Rei's characterization is just the product of poor writing.

I'm not a Reifag/Asukafag.
I just hate this "it was all a masterful attack, teehee" garbage. No it wasn't. That atrocious movie had no inward ill intent at all. It was just a failure of a film.
>>
File: itPuDbJ.jpg (621KB, 1175x1485px) Image search: [Google]
itPuDbJ.jpg
621KB, 1175x1485px
>>153307596
Anno has tons of groupies. He's has been breastfeeding the Asuka and Kaworu fans for fifteen years now. They will literally defend anything he does, except not giving them more breastmilk than he already is.
>>
>>153307685
>Nothing in Rebuild is a fan commentary or director assault of any kind. Rei's characterization is just the product of poor writing.

Why do you lie to yourself?
>>
>>153307672
They were legit curious because they didn't know shit and presumably running on instinct.
As soon as Armisael learned what loneliness was, it tried to bring back the other angels.
>>
>>153307774
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>153307822
Seriously, why do you lie to yourself like this? Do you think it's all a coincidence?
>>
>>153307852
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>153307852
>he fell for the waifu wars meme
>>
File: 1414210719661.jpg (730KB, 982x920px) Image search: [Google]
1414210719661.jpg
730KB, 982x920px
>>153307958
I can't be an idiot for asking you to think more. Try again. It's all very, very carefully orchestrated.

>>153308001
>he fell for the "rebuild isn't about waifus" meme
>>
File: 23_C142_angel-tower_genga.jpg (371KB, 1025x2147px) Image search: [Google]
23_C142_angel-tower_genga.jpg
371KB, 1025x2147px
>>153307779
Here's the "Angel Tower". It may be hard to pinpoint the individual parts of the previous angels, so I'll post a gif highlighting them next.
>>
File: hideaki-anno.jpg (14KB, 352x220px) Image search: [Google]
hideaki-anno.jpg
14KB, 352x220px
>>153307685
No one except the Asuka or Kaworu fans who love it are calling it "masterful". It was pathetic and despicable, made for equally pathetic and despicable people.

>But my point still stands. Nothing in Rebuild is a fan commentary or director assault of any kind. Rei's characterization is just the product of poor writing.

This is just stupid of you. You can't just chalk it up to happenstance. In the real world we have issues explaining or proving that the world, the universe and everything is a product of intelligent design. We lack the proof, and we can't point to any bearded man with the power of dictating how the universe works either. Except with Evangelion, then we have this bearded fuck who is PRECISELY the man who is intelligently designing Rebuild into being whatever he wants to be.

He's a man who has a proven track record when it comes to having bias against Rei, and if you don't think ruining Rei's character would be taken as offensive by fans of Rei or even fans of Evangelion in general, then you're full of it. What exactly are you trying to hide here?

>>153307779
>>153308060

>As soon as Armisael learned what loneliness was, it tried to bring back the other angels.
That's a stretch.
>>
File: 23_C142_angel-tower_1by1.gif (770KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
23_C142_angel-tower_1by1.gif
770KB, 600x508px
>>153308060

>>153308086
I'll try to find the script, don't have all my eva stuff on this laptop.
>>
>>153308036
>>he fell for the "rebuild isn't about waifus" meme

I definitely agree that the rebuilds are focused on the fans perceptions of waifus, but I disagree where you're saying that Anno specifically has it out for a specific waifu-fag and he's trying to fuck with them specifically in the film.

That's just too big of a mental leap to take. It's such an austically huge overreaction akin to the pain that Reifag felt that was like his grandfather dying. It's waifufags taking things too seriously as usual.
>>
File: 1483818598990.jpg (547KB, 1362x1499px) Image search: [Google]
1483818598990.jpg
547KB, 1362x1499px
>>153308086
>Asuka fans

Leave us out of this, the only ones who love Rebuild are only fujoshit Kaworufags.
>>
>>153307649
What is with this fucking guy? Every time I see him he looks like shit. Why does he even try to grow a beard? He does this shit on purpose, and it's starting to piss me off. Why? Why does he do this?
>>
>>153308303
[Shikinami popularity intenfisfies]
>>
>>153308330
How many Asukafags in these threads proclaim how great Rebuild is? Show me them.
>>
>>153308277
Oh I get it. So you're doing damage control, is that it? You don't like Rei but dig other characters like Asuka or Kaworu, and that's why you can't accept that your happiness concerning the characters is based on what is essentially a lie? Gotcha.

>That's just too big of a mental leap to take
You mean, you are so much of a weak person and a pussy you can't accept the truth even when it's slapped in your face.

Rebuild in itself is the big overreaction you should be talking about, an overreaction coming from the Asuka fan mentality against Rei's popuality, as Anno saw it fit to literally recreate it over the span of more than ten years in order to "even out" the popularity between the characters.

If the fact that Rei has been consistently mistreated over the past 15 years, while characters Anno likes has been consistently flattered doesn't tell you something, then tell me, what will?
>>
>>153308427
>__shikinami_asuka_langley[....].jpg
[posting of Shikinami intensifies]
>>
>>153308146
Rei: Who is this? You? Myself in an Eva? No, I sense somebody
other than myself. Who are you? An Angel? Are you one of the
beings we call the Angels?

Rei (Angel): Don't you want to become one with me?

Rei: No. I am me. Not you.

Rei (Angel): Hmm, but you shall. It's too late. I will share part of
my mind with you. Let me share with you these emotions. This
is pain. Yes. Do you feel this pain?

Rei: This pain? No, it's different. Loneliness.

Rei (Angel): Yes. Loneliness.

Rei: Loneliness? I don't understand.

Rei (Angel): You don't want to be by yourself, correct? We are many
but you are alone. You hate it don't you?

Rei: That is what it is to be lonely.

Rei (Angel): That is what your mind is. Just what fills your soul.
You are that sorrow.

Rei: Is this a tear? Am I the one crying?

Armisael immediately starts trying to reconstruct the previous angels out of Unit 00 (One of Adam's clones) once it differentiates normal pain from loneliness.
>>
>>153308427
Doing damage control like >>153308277 is counts. It's been four years, and rather than wildly celebrate like you did in 2012 http://archived.moe/a/thread/74923811/
you've taken so much shit for it that it doesn't work. So you hold onto the core agenda of unsubtly pushing Rebuild, defending it's changes as "normal" or "insignificant" concerning Rei or other factors. Despite drowning in facts that tell you otherwise, of course.
>>
>>153308607
This is wrong. You seem to forget the part where Rei seals the Angel in. The Angel is powerless to do anything, but Rei by doing this is opening up the door for fusing with Armisael, potentially leading to an impact.

The director's cut scene shows EVA00 as a giant Rei, not an Angel.
>>
>>153308277
>I agree that Rebuild is focused on fans perceptions of waifus
>But it totally can't be skewed in either direction or be competely dictated by the waifufaggotry of the writers

Wow. Know what you are? An enabler. Even if you don't like Rebuild, people like you are the reason for why it can happen. Your self-interest lets Anno do whatever the fuck he wants, so you have zero reason to complain about it afterwards.
>>
File: efficient budgeting.webm (142KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
efficient budgeting.webm
142KB, 960x720px
>>153308060
It's the one direct indication until then of Angels knowing other Angels exist, too.
>>
>>153308513
I saved the image on the Soryu tag. Its danbooru's fault.

>>153308616
You don't think he's going to after both? I think Anno has in for both us, and the sooner you and admit that the better.

He trash talks us all the time, while giving massive fan service to fujos. He dedicated the whole 3.33 and the official NGE manga for Kaworu. He hates waifufags of all kinds.
>>
>>153308445
Judging based off the tone and voice of your post, I'm just gonna assume you're just baiting or playing up a character, but I'll bite.

I really do think you're overreacting. I don't see how Rei's character has been "consistently mistreated over the past 15 years". That'd be such a laughable statement to make about an anime waifu girl if it weren't for the fact that you're probably serious.

I highly doubt 56-year old Hideaki Anno is this big of an actual waifufag like yourself. I feel like you're all just trying to justify bad writing with some sort of conspiracy reasoning.

>>153308731
Am I in crazy town?
>>
>>153308758
>You don't think he's going to after both? I think Anno has in for both us, and the sooner you and admit that the better.

Then explain why Asuka is given 100% "pure waifu" treatment in Rebuild, and how the manga ends with Rei exploding, Kaworu being dead, and Asuka being there for zero reason? That's right. You can't.

The sooner you admit Anno's khara exists just to please Asukafags and shit on Rei, the sooner you can claim to not be the sort of Asukafag he panders to.
>>
>>153308863
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

>asukafags
>>
File: Armisael_Giant_Rei.png (185KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Armisael_Giant_Rei.png
185KB, 720x540px
>>153308664
Both happen.
Angel Tower happens, then giant rei on a tentacle, then Unit 00 turns into a giant Rei for a couple of frames before it explodes.
>>
>>153308903
>disagreeing with retarded reasoning is gaslighting

>waifufags
>>
File: anno hates rei.png (1MB, 1600x1741px) Image search: [Google]
anno hates rei.png
1MB, 1600x1741px
>>153308963
You're disagreeing for no reason whatsoever and calling others crazy without any evidence of your own. That makes it gaslighting, and it makes you a disgusting Asukafag without the balls to admit it.
>>
>>153304690
>make character defiant about growing up early and being treated as an adult
>>>>age her up to an adult

Rebuild more like re-fucking-shit on characters amirite?
>>
File: 1483413885464.png (276KB, 620x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483413885464.png
276KB, 620x750px
>>153306219
>Anno legitimately hates the fandom and goes out of his way to show how caring about Eva is bad for you.
Where the fuck did this stupid meme come from?
>>
>>153308863
Judging based off the tone and voice of your post, I'm just gonna assume you're a rabid Rei-hating Asuka or Kaworu fan trying to play it cool. Because how else could you miss obvious facts:

- That Rei has never at any one point exceeded the strength shown in either NGE or EoE
- That Rei has been passed over for every single chance of reinforcing or expansive renewal in the various spinoffs
- That Rei is getting dumber, weaker and has been featured as more fractured
juxtaposed with the opposite happening for characters that Anno actually likes, i.e Asuka and Kaworu. 15 years and while Kaworu and Asuka has had on some occasions, multiple "good endings", extra EVA units and upgrades, and improved roles in the lore of Evangelion, Rei has actually gone DOWN in these areas. Yes, Khara has a strict policy on restricting Rei to only one EVA unit with one orange color, and effectively erasing the most sold and most popular version of her Evangelion, the actual titular mech of the show, the upgraded blue paintjob EVA00.

This is all despite the obvious fact that Rei is or was the most popular character in the entire franchise. The only thing that's laughable here is your apalling disdain and insistence on living in your own fucked up otaku la-la-land.

You're selling me a "bad writing" excuse for 15-17 years straight, as if it were a coincidence that SOMEHOW the characters the self-proclaimed, uber-otaku Anno are consistently being upgraded and pandered while Rei is literally being rewritten to cater to - you guessed it, Asuka fans.
>>
>>153309144
Something along the lines of a fan telling him he spent his money on Eva stuff instead of school books.
>>
>>153309144
It's the only rational people can make for the atrocity of Rebuilds
>>
>>153309008
Rei II was the only good Rei
>>
>>153309144
>Where the fuck did this stupid meme come from?
It was always here in some form. Many EVA-fans spouted it because they enjoyed being contrarian anime fans.

It is revived today because EVA-fan subgroupings in the asuka and kaworu-fandom subgroup (with mari, misato attaches) cant' come to terms with what they've been saying for years; Anno hates Rei and that is the only reason Anno still does Evangelion at all (if you discount money). There is as we've seen over the past decade no story to tell, to message to deliver except "fuck you if you like Rei. Have some super-asuka and super-kaworu, pretend that it's deep".
>>
>>153309272
Your mom was the only good five dollar lizard lot. I heard she took on five niggers at once.
>>
>>153309144
Maybe that time he made a fake movie to collect letters and footage of the audience and include it in the real movie he was making.
>>
>>153308866
Explain how she's getting "pure waifu" treatment when she's just a background character at this point?

You know that Anno prefers to pander to fujoshits, why do you ignore this? He married a fujoshit doujin author. He hates all waifufags.
>>
>>153309280
You know the worst part about the Asuka "buff" they've completely fucked over any semblence of a character by removing any of her small moments that defined her for more action

And removed the aspect of a child's trying to be an adult and hating Shinji for being so similar and using it for hiding her own pain, but now she's actually older than him and Shinji isn't on equal footing as a person ruining the entire, 2 fucked up kids dynamic.

Like holy shit he made a fragile tower and decided to coat the face way to heavy and ruins it. Like fuck
>>
>>153309144
The irony is that Anno defends otaku, provided they have the same interests as him of course.

>>153309388
>Explain how she's getting "pure waifu" treatment when she's just a background character at this point?

You just said it yourself. As a background character with far more style than she has substance, Anno is crystallizing Asuka as the "go-to" girl character in his franchise. The character has no flaws, nor any development, it is simply supposed to be cute and a good girl, as the Asuka fan (and writer, conveniently) Tsurumaki points out about the character. Add new cute outfits, add a lesbian partner in Mari, and you have the perfect recipe for a waifu for the new decade.

It's also not just about making Asuka a waifu. It's about Asuka in relation to Rei. When taken seriously, Evangelion provided a story where Rei was superior to Asuka. The audience responded in that way too. Anno and Asukafans could not deal with that, so juxtaposing her with the now weak and pathetic Rei adds a confidence boost for Asuka fans. More than liking Asuka's character, Asuka fandom has always been about hating Rei more. Rebuild is the perfect example of that: Asuka fans accept less screentime for Asuka if it is instead spent on ruining Rei.

Because Asuka fans feel insecure as fans due to Rei's popularity, it was always important to point out her relation to Yui, as it was a good defense for Shinji x Asuka shipping. Now as a gift, Anno makes Rei a clone of Yui and renames Yui to Ayanami, and even puts Rei inside EVA01 with Yui. Shippers don't need an excuse to ship the characters they like with others. They need ammunition to attack other ships.

>You know that Anno prefers to pander to fujoshits, why do you ignore this? He married a fujoshit doujin author. He hates all waifufags.
I'm not ignoring it. Fujoshits are also just the other side of the waifufag coin. Literally the same shit, only worse because of lower standards and more narrow focus.
>>
File: 1475079785966.jpg (89KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1475079785966.jpg
89KB, 500x669px
>>153309008
3.33 Rei Q isn't the same character as NGE Rei II, what's so hard to get about that?

>>153309193
I don't understand, didn't you get your waifu fulfillment in 2.22 with doki-doki Rei? Are you mad about Rei Q, is that it? You're just getting worked by the writing.

To be fair, I see where you're coming from when you bring up the lore part. Rei's gotten less goodies from modern Eva, but the same for Misatofags and they're not claiming they're getting the Anno screwjob.

I just don't think the "evidence" you have prevented is convincing enough that Anno's got some sort of anti-Rei master plan conspiracy. Sorry.

Also, for the record, I'm a Rei fag too.
Here's a favorite pic of mine as a token of "sorry but you're just autistic, pal"
>>
>>153309319
>what did he mean by this
>>
File: asuka copies rei.jpg (871KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
asuka copies rei.jpg
871KB, 3264x1836px
>>153309555
Asuka had a decent character in NGE. It wasn't appreciated, and instead Asuka fans coveted Rei Ayanami, and were envious of Rei's cool mystique, her powers, her aesthetic.
>>
>>153309637
Do you think us Asuka fans like her being turned into a dyke? Really? I don't think so.

Also an EVA character designer actually said that? That's how shallow they think of these characters? What the fuck...
>>
>>153309678
> Rei's gotten less goodies from modern Eva, but the same for Misatofags

last I checked, Misato died after losing Kaji, after failing to do anything about NERV, after getting shot and then blown up in a hallway. Right now she's the grand captain leader of a new human resistance force, which apparently the entirety of humanity puts it's hopes in. That's been the case in "modern" EVA for 4 years now.

She's got her own flying battleship for christs sake, and sends expeditions to space.

Do you even think before you make full mental gymnastic routines in order to deny that yes, Rei has been the subject of vicious otaku attack?
>>
>>153309712
To be fair it was subtle as fuck some of her most defining traits when you couldn't even freely watch/rewind shit.

Case in point "Wall of Jericho" the biblical wall knocked down through voice

Not to mention anyone not name Shinji got fucked in the ass in episode 26
>>
>>153309678
If anything, Rei Q is the Rebuild equivalent of Rei III.
>>
>>153309762
>Do you think us Asuka fans like her being turned into a dyke? Really? I don't think so.

I think that what you define as "us Asukafags" doesn't define Asukafags. Asuka isn't a dyke, she is only given subtext that doesn't prove anything. She's just being put together with Mari for effect. Yuri and Yaoi fans in particular do not care, they simply want to imagine whatever they want. That's why Mari and Kaworu are shallow characters.

It makes Asuka more popular, and gives her a bigger fanbase that can - yes, believe it or not, coexist.

>Also an EVA character designer actually said that? That's how shallow they think of these characters? What the fuck...
It's Tsurumaki, the same guy who directed Asuka's EoE scene. This time he referred to the scene in Terminal Dogma in 3.33, where Asuka was acting like a cunt - he thought it was so cute.
>>
>>153309795
>after failing to do anything about NERV, after getting shot and then blown up in a hallway

Doesn't she kill a few trained Militant Soldiers with a bullet to the brain and quite literally drag Shinji's ass to 01 (and convincing him to go up) while bleeding out
>>
>>153309808
>>153309678
>3.33 Rei Q isn't the same character as NGE Rei II, what's so hard to get about that?
>If anything, Rei Q is the Rebuild equivalent of Rei III.

Nice troll.
>>
>>153309795
Misato's also an old, cold, and dumb bitch now. A completely different character.

Sorry, man, I just don't see it all like some sort of scoreboard.
>>
File: 1347453099268.jpg (81KB, 520x444px) Image search: [Google]
1347453099268.jpg
81KB, 520x444px
>>153309678
>3.33 Rei Q isn't the same character as NGE Rei II, what's so hard to get about that?

3.33 Rei Q not being the same character as Rei II destroys the character, and Rei Q being shit doesn't make things better either. What's so hard to get about that?

>>153309678
>I don't understand, didn't you get your waifu fulfillment in 2.22 with doki-doki Rei? Are you mad about Rei Q, is that it?

You're just projecting what you want onto me (and Rei fans I guess). You understand perfectly well that Rei is a great character that Anno has set out to ruin with 3.33. It's not just Rei Q, it's the entire thing. All the pandering has ruined Evangelion, and it's thanks mostly to Asuka and Kaworu fans who demanded it. They are the ones left with waifu wish fulfilment. Even in 2.22, there were far more darker things about Rei than Asuka, who got the full waifu routine.

>but the same for Misatofags a
Piloting the AAA Wunder is a substantial fucking upgrade, not to mention she's mankind's literal leader at this point. They got a different screwjob.

>I just don't think the "evidence" you have prevented is convincing enough
You'll have to reconsider it again, because you dismissed them without actually considering it.

>Also, for the record, I'm a Rei fag too.
Yeah, and I'm the pope.
>>
>>153309977
Everybody was cold and distant towards Shinji in Q because they weren't sure he was the real Shinji. Didn't his toe tag have a question mark on it when they first recovered him?
>>
>>153309880
I would think most Asukafags wouldn't want their waifu being turned into a lesbian.

And just making Asuka background character isn't what WE want. We don't think in such shallow terms.

I remember hearing that Anno doesn't even know how to write Asuka anymore.
>>
>>153309977
I also really hate the fact that they never did anything with her father which is why her and Shinji got so close pretty quickly
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>153309977
You do, and because you realize you're winning because of what is practically cheating, you're denying there's a score to be kept. You're in the green, the rest is in the red. That is how fucked up you are.

>>153309901
That too. In NGE and EoE she never stood a chance, she was just one human, but she's been upgraded to spaceship captain.
>>
>>153309901
And delivers the longest, clearest exposition of the plot to have ever occurred within the text itself, yes.
>>
>>153310112
So we also lost the whole Kaji dilemma

Tragic mute backstory

Shinji bonding

Human emotions with overall frustrations

And a reason for working at Nerv and her conflicted head. All because they forgot one part of Misato
>>
So it sounds like we're in agreements that Rebuild fucked over every girl right?
>>
>>153296579
>>153302388
I don't think it's official, but I have Die Sterne, so I saw all the pages just in case, and no, I couldn't find that image.

It must be just fanfic.
>>
File: 1486154935526.jpg (142KB, 450x918px) Image search: [Google]
1486154935526.jpg
142KB, 450x918px
>>153310094
>I would think most Asukafags wouldn't want their waifu being turned into a lesbian.

This is not just about pleasing Asuka fans. This is about increasing the number of Asuka fans. The existing Asuka fans won't stop being Asuka fans because their fanbase suddenly doubles overnight. No, they will do exactly what they've been doing for the past seven or so years: Enjoy the explosion of doujins, fanart and smug feeling of superiority of seeing other characters ruined while they get pandered to.

There is not a single proof that Asuka is gay or has interest in woman. There is not even much evidence. There's only an appropriate setting for it to happen. A meticulously crafted setting where Anno makes it possible for Asuka to have schroedingers sexuality, both hetero and homo at the same time. Hell make it a tristate for bi.

That's the point. Making a good room for the fans to hang out in, that's what Rebuild is. Consider what they did to Kaworu, the enabled a "starcrossed lover" or "madoka-homura" scenario. What did they do with Rei? Lock her up with Shinji's mom, while making will-less clones of her roam around with two men who both love the woman she's the clone of, all alone, for 14 years.

Get it now? It's sad that so many don't understand how Rebuild works or how Anno thinks. Most hate 3.33 because of the bad vibe it gives them, and don't dare too look further. This is that bad vibe, this is why it sucks: unfettered, unhindered waifufaggotry, asukafaggotry and kaworufaggotry.
>>
>>153310332
>So it sounds like we're in agreements that Rebuild fucked over every girl right?

No, it of the girls who matter they only fucked over Rei.

Asuka gets to be super-girl, while Misato gets to be the leader of the new human resistance.
>>
File: alex jones.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>153310332
>turned Maya into a full on dyke
>Straight up killed Shinji's classmates and Kaworu

yes
>>
>>153310412
They lost their souls and heart in the process though
>>
>>153309678
This here is the proof, gentlemen:

>Also, for the record, I'm a Rei fag too.

in 2017 it's so embarrassing to be an Asuka fan/anti-Rei fan/Kaworu fan that they have to pretend to be someone else. They know deeply that they are shallow cunts, and can't defend it with their true personas.
>>
>>153310439
Oh god don't get me fucking started on what they did to the classmates
>>
>>153310332
No. They even gave the fucking Wunder a quote. Anno is taking out his butthurt on Rei in every way he fucking can.
>>
File: sasuga hideo anno.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sasuga hideo anno.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>153310367
Or maybe Anno is mocking Otaku as a whole. Those that want Asuka paired with Mari, Shinji or not at all. Those that want a gay romance with Kaworu and Shinji.

Well played Anno.
>>
>>153310439
>turned Maya into a full on dyke
>Straight up killed Shinji's classmates and Kaworu
Maya was confirmed gay in EoE, Kaworu died in the original series, and Toji got tanged.
>>
>>153310360
It's Die Sterne, between the N64 box art and Misato in a garage.
>>
File: 1415116932132.jpg (542KB, 1160x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1415116932132.jpg
542KB, 1160x1464px
>>153310332
Rei has set the standard of what "fucking over a character" means. As it stands, Rei has been completely reduced compared to her original NGE version. Therefore, for any other "girl" to be fucked over, they are REQUIRED to also be worse off than their original NGE version.

>Asuka
Was at her worst in pieces of morsels, or more realistically, as a character who failed and failed throughout the entire series and ended up comatose in a hospital bed. For Asuka to be "ruined" in the Rebuilds, she would have to be worse than THAT.

>Misato
Never got to fight NERV and was shot to death after fulfilling Gendo's ambitions, she got some of the truth not through herself but through Kaji. She has to be worse than being blown up in a hallway with Rei looking down at her.

>Kaworu
As a "girl", I don't even need to argue. He was in one single episode, a fraction of the 20 minutes it lasts, then literally gone for the rest of the TV-series besides a cameo-like role in EoE. Now he spans the entire fucking lore.
>>
>>153310648
Maya at least used to be not a bitch though, is what I'm saying.

You got me on Kaworu though
>>
>>153310569
>mocking otaku by giving them EXACTLY what they want

or maybe a grown ass fifty-year old that still makes cartoons about little girls he won't even age when he's got the perfect reason to do so, is just a giant fucking manchild otaku. Just maybe.
>>
>>153310703
Just fucking stop, when you brought in Misato it so clear you're shitposting
>>
>>153310736
>giving them what they want
>when most western asukafags self insert as Shinji and try to imagine marrying Asuka

He's only pandering to the fanbase made popular by Yuri On Ice.
>>
>>153310929
Prove it wrong.
>>
>>153311153
>Westerners self-insert

Shinji is supposed to be relatable though thats why some people hate him
>>
>>153310929
It's the truth, dickwad.

>>153311153
Western fanfags are satisfied by the destruction of Rei, and satisfied by Shinji caring for Asuka and vice versa, holding hands in the end. It provides material for both sides, moreso for the western asukafags.
>>
>>153311314
>>153311296
Anno doesn't like to cater to us, despite having a better currency and bigger population.

1 USD= 113.20 yen

shame desu
>>
>>153311424
Well he probably thinks he is when giving her special power and being older than 18

While simultaneously shitting on what makes her an intresting character as a person
>>
>>153310696
Touché. I found it, but it's really little.

I found some info, and it seems it's not as official as some are saying here. It was originally made by Takeshi Okazaki for a calendar, but it's roughly "official", and of course, not canon.

The scene of that picture is just as unlikely to happen as Campus Apocalypse, which is "official" too.
>>
>>153311671
So Anno is pretty much a hack? Neon Genesis was lightning in a bottle?

remove all flaws, take away her hedgehog dillema, give her powers and sexy skin tight outfits. bravo anno, truly the george lucas on anime. I once thought you were the Kubrick of anime, sad!
>>
>>153311840
>>153311671
It's nothing new really. Asuka fans always hated the original character and argued Asuka was better than she was.
>>
>>153311840
Eh, he just sold out. NGE had a fuckton of effort to the point of exhausting the budget and that one quote about sleeping through a fire
>>
>>153311935
>Asuka fans always hated the original character

citation needed
>>
>>153311153
>>153311296
Honestly, people wanting to self-insert as Shinji must be really unworthy and empty, I think.
It's pretty sad, but that would somehow explain all the insane amount of AsuShin garbage out there.
>>
>>153311935
Please stop anon. I am trying to have a conversation here about Anno

Take your (You) and get out
>>
File: 3gTBa8D7.jpg (32KB, 469x483px) Image search: [Google]
3gTBa8D7.jpg
32KB, 469x483px
>>153311996
>It's pretty sad

normalfag detected
>>
>>153312048
Not him, but you have to be pretty fucking autistic and self absorbed to never relate to Shinji at one point.

The message of Eva is literally everyone's broken inside, but you can only enjoy life if you live it that's what I take away
>>
>>153306681
but anon. Rei was always just a clone of Shinji mother. No matter how you try to look at it. She always was just a Disposable clone.
>>
>>153312185
I'd wager that if you can't relate with Shinji, you don't get the character.
>>
>>153307736
> Kaworu
> kill him everytime.

You just can't make that shit up.
>>
Where was it ever confirmed that the Rebuild movies are a sequel to the original series and not a reboot
>>
File: 05676.png (82KB, 247x148px) Image search: [Google]
05676.png
82KB, 247x148px
>>153312345
Yeah, I really felt the pandering when my husbando's face fucking exploded.
>>
Its kinda odd in /pol/ they like Kaworu for some reason
>>
>>153313733
Because he's an ayy lmao
>>
File: 1436329787934.jpg (68KB, 350x285px) Image search: [Google]
1436329787934.jpg
68KB, 350x285px
>>153311836
That was the argument? Who thought a Gainax or Khara stamp meant a thing was in continuity?
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>153311993
Straight out of the toiletfucker's ass
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.