[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice and Wolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Holo.jpg (28KB, 337x400px) Image search: [Google]
Holo.jpg
28KB, 337x400px
So, this series was started 11 years ago today (and ended 6 years ago). By sheer coincidence, I happened to watch the second season of the anime a couple weeks ago, and I was shocked to find that I liked it a whole fucking lot. I watched the first season as it aired, and all I remembered was that I liked it, but the second season just drew me in completely. I ended up binge watching the first season (which I fucking loved) and reading the manga (and I'm gonna start reading the light novels today). Holo's character is great. She's not really a tsundere (she's just spunky), and the constant half-joking flirting between her and Lawrence was amusing. It got pretty melodramatic at times, but I like that shit anyways. To give an idea of how much I liked the series, I started rewatching the first season the same day I watched an episode of Zestiria. The one episode of Zestiria felt like forty fucking minutes. Two episodes of Spice and Wolf felt like ten minutes each (and I watched the OP and ED for Spice and Wolf but skipped them for Zestiria).

Did anyone else like this series as much as I did? Obviously, my taste in animes is shit, so I need other people to either affirm or deny the quality of the things I like.
>>
>>153283994
Yeah, I loved it, especially the soundtrack.
>>
>>153283994
I liked it until that little faggot joined them, at which point I dropped the series.
>>
>>153284460
Their child?
>>
>>153283994

I love it. The soundtrack, the medieval economic setting and Holo. I need a 3rd season of the anime.
>>
>>153284104
I never watch OPs and EDs anymore, but season 1's are among my favorite ever.

>>153284460
Yeah, I was unbelievably happy when he fucked off in the manga. Hope he's not in too many of the light novels.
>>
>>153284515
No, it's not their child. I don't even remember that little shit's name. Cole? Whatever. I have all the volumes downloaded up until 17 and I dropped it after that brat joined Lawrence and Holo.

>>153284546
Oh, they end up getting separated?
>>
>>153284460
>>153284546

He's not there long at all.

I mean, he never 'goes away' completely but he's never really a main character after the story arc he's introduced in. The last 4 or 5 books he barely appears in.

If you seriously dropped the series because of him you're a goddamn idiot.
>>
File: 1443688372019.png (137KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
1443688372019.png
137KB, 1130x900px
>>153283994
>Did anyone else like this series as much as I did?
Yes, I just finished rewatching the show this week. It's always comfy watching it during Autumn and Winter.

Anyone else get fucked over when trying to get the collector's edition?
>>
>>153284598
>If you seriously dropped the series because of him you're a goddamn idiot.
I also dropped the series because at the time the volume he was introduced on was the last one available.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-09/spice-and-wolf-light-novel-series-gets-sequel-on-10th-anniversary/.98489
>>
File: 1473131656055.gif (2MB, 216x150px) Image search: [Google]
1473131656055.gif
2MB, 216x150px
>>153284653

Do you drop an ongoing anime because the next episode isn't out yet? Do you drop manga because the next chapter isn't out yet?
>>
>>153284847
Yes, that has happened before with manga. Not with anime, though, because I don't tend to watch that.
>>
>>153283994

My only regret about the series is that we never really learned anything more about the Moon Hunting Bear. Aside from that the series was more or less perfect, both as a mature romance as well as a, uh, lesson in medieval economics.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.