[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Japan like Buddy Complex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why didn't Japan like Buddy Complex?
>>
It was neither gay nor hetero enough.
>>
Everyone expected the gay.
Neckbeards weren't interested, because they didn't want gay.
The fujoshits wanted gay, but were sorely disappointed when the show did not deliver.
Word about the lack of gay didn't spread fast or far enough to draw the neckbeards in.
>>
>>153246240
I beleive it was because it wasn't gay enough and nobody wanted to trust Sunrise with mecha after Valvrape.
>>
>tfw it ended up being quite decent
>moe commander didn't die at the end
>>
>>153246293
>>153246463
Im guessing the title buddy complex is pretty misleading

I found it pretty fun
>>
Not enough Hina's hinas
>>
File: 1393868659795.jpg (18KB, 344x299px) Image search: [Google]
1393868659795.jpg
18KB, 344x299px
>>153250798
Well it's not like the nips would understand it at face value, remember this is the country that throws out shit like WINDY GIRL. They have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

The anime was only ever an ad for some shitty mobage (which ironically flopped too). The anime was lucky enough to get some Sunrise magic and at least an ending. It's particularly sad since it was one of the better animated recent mecha series.
>>
>>153246463

Pretty much, I almost skipped it because of the title. It ended up being quite a good (maybe not great) show by Studio 8 with a great soundtrack. The coupling sequence track is one of my favorite Katou tracks.
>>
>>153250961
Their 3DCGI game was on point in the whole series.
>>
>>153251040

Definitely, I think its a great example of how to mix 2D and 3D and end up with a high quality result.

2D was used in fixed camera frames with close ups showing off the mechs or weapons, 3D was used either in moving camera shots or when there was very fast motion. So none of the 3D ends up sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>153251156
>>153251040
It should be a shining example of how to do 3D in anime, I'd be happy if more shows did things like that.
>>
File: 1405490172931.jpg (151KB, 1192x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1405490172931.jpg
151KB, 1192x1080px
I'm surprised anyone still remembers this show. Never did get around to watching those last two episodes.
>>
>>153246240
I liked it but I never get stories about loops, is it that the loop continues or the loop is done when you reach the start/finish line again. it was good but felt depressing thinking about best girl going through the loop over and over again.
>>
No one liked Buddy Complex.
>>
>>153253763
Lies,we had threads for every ep
>>
>>153253763
Buddy Complex was one of my favorite shows of its year.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.