[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: hakomari.jpg (108KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
hakomari.jpg
108KB, 420x600px
Why do people like this series?
>>
because it's edgy
>>
>>153212053
First volume is good.
>>
Maria is a qt
>>
Probably the blatant disregard shown by the author for the sanity and well-being of his characters in later volumes, especially Volume 7.
>>
File: 1324351345.png (13KB, 122x234px) Image search: [Google]
1324351345.png
13KB, 122x234px
>Reading light novels
>Instead of reading true literature
>>
>>153218923
Today's pulp is tomorrow's canon.
>>
>>153212053

I downloaded the novel few days ago , yet to read it

i heard the people saying it's too edgy
>>
>Kazuki "Chainsaw" Hoshino
>>
>>153212053
It was fun. Especially volume 7, fucking Kazuki.

>>153220005
I suggest to read it and form your own opinion. I personally did not found it too edgy. It has it's moments but as I said I enjoyed Kazuki going nuts.
>>
>>153212053
I only read the first one. It was a nice time killer.
>>
First half of the first volume is somewhat interesting. But it went downhill faster SOA once Yui showed up/Death Note after L died.
>>
>>153216380
How do you know? Its a novel. You dont know how she looks. Its just "fanart".
>>
>>153212053
>why do people like night novels
Because they don't know better, or have irredeemably shit taste
>>
>>153220476
>it's just """official""" "fanart"
>>
>>153212053
I read the first volume because I like any story that has time loops, regardless of quality. After that, I figured I might as well finish it since the last volume had just been released and there were only seven of them. It wasn't great, but I wouldn't call it shit, either. It's an LN, so if it had been significantly better then the author probably would have dragged the story on for 20 volumes of the MC dicking around while maintaining the status quo, and then I wouldn't have bothered with it after volume one. Funny how that works.
>>
>>153212053
They didn't say I love you to each other.
>>
File: 12420572_p0.jpg (2MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
12420572_p0.jpg
2MB, 1240x1754px
>>153212053
Long, convoluted dialogues and deductions, lots of fun yandere, clever foreshadowing with the Kazuki box stuff, highly fallible characters.
>>
>>153223229
this reminds me, how was it that chapter 3 started? Wasn't Kazuki getting dressed up in gothloli or something?
>>
>>153220476
>Its just "fanart".
You don't know what LNs are, do you?
>>
>>153223382
Yeah. They were teasing him about Maria and him sharing clothes. Went shopping and Maria put him in a dress
>>
Read the first volume and enjoyed it. Story was interesting enough to keep me engrossed, but I didn't see the need for continuation. I still haven't read volume 2, so there's that.
>>
>>153220550
>Night novels
>>
>>153223663
It ends perfectly at vol one, they made a mistake by continuing it.
>>
>>153212053
It's one of the few translated LN that has a decent plot, others being Qualia and Gekkouin my opinion anyways

>>153223663
The 2nd vol was the least interesting for me, but the ones after it are good enough.
>>
Pretty damn good, their love is great.
>>
>>153224197
Vol 2 was much better on a reread; it slipped in several lines about Kakuzi's identity that became more relevant for Vol 5 onwards.
>>
>>153224197
Qualia the purple? I read the manga but i didn't know that was an LN. The manga left me blueballed, is the LN better?
>>
>>153225311
yup, that one.

I haven't read the manga, but if by "blueballed" you mean yuri, then there isn't much in the LN either [/spoiler]other than Gaku kissing Marii when they first met[/spoiler]
>>
>>153225447
I mean with regards to the story. I have a big soft spot for the 'grand solo adventure across time and space' kind of story, and Qualia felt like a letdown on that front. The part where they talk even though she doesn't physically exist was great, though.
>>
>>153225267
It's been a while since I last read it, but my problem with it is Maria and the whole "I can recognize when you are you" part. I mean, I understand that they were together for decades, but as zero says in the first volume, if your friend starts acting differently you don't think he's been replaced.

And also the mystery of the box is the weakest in the series,
>>
>>153225764
My interpretation, taking into account the later volumes, is that she was explicitly wrong about thinking she could recognize Kazuki like that, which is why I liked Vol 2 better the second time I read through it. It was similar to that part in Vol 7 where she viewed her sister as insanely perfect, but the entire section could also be read as her misunderstanding everything about her sister and pressing her own values onto Aya. So similarly I thought Maria pushed a lot of her "idealized Kazuki" onto the real Kazuki in Vol 2, which also tied in to how her box was shaping Kazuki into her White Knight.

Maria really didn't understand Kazuki as well as she thought she did, and spending time with him inside the repeating classroom wasn't the same as knowing him in real life.
>>
>>153226025
>Maria really didn't understand Kazuki as well as she thought she did

You're right on that. It's even confirmed in Vol 3 when She decides to work alone and not rely on Kazuki, because he starts getting a bit yandere but I still don't like how much of a Mary Sue she is in Vol 2

>>153225611
As I said, I haven't read the manga, so I can't compare them, but the LN is narrated form Gaku's prespetive so there's a lot of introspection and the part were she starts becoming other people and other things is really good.

If you liked the manga, you may as well read it, it's not long anyways.
>>
>>153226227
Judging by what you've said, the manga takes the same approach. I'll read it, could be that the LN handles things better.
>>
>>153226227
>I still don't like how much of a Mary Sue she is in Vol 2
I know what you mean, but it comes off as much less annoying once you realize she was full of shit most of the time. Mikage's not an author afraid of making his characters utterly wrong.
>>
>>153226025
>which also tied in to how her box was shaping Kazuki into her White Knight.

This is something that never really sat right with me. Once you know that Maria's wish basically forced Kazuki to become her savior, you call into question the sincerity of all of his actions. Is Kazuki saving her because he loves her, or does he love her because Maria's box decided that loving her would make him an ideal savior? Hell, did Kazuki even exist before Maria's box, or did the box create him to be Maria's savior? It goes from being a story about Kazuki's struggle to save Maria to a story about Maria creating her ideal guy and putting increasingly hellish obstacles in his way just so he can prove his devotion to her through his suffering.
>>
>>153212053
character design
>>
>>153227439
I feel like I had this conversation before. All in all I really like that there was a huge question about if it was genuine love or not. There's lots of room to make strong arguments either way.

Kazuki was most likely a real person before Maria met him and her box latched onto him. Just like how O did exist as some kind of supernatural magic force thing, and Maria only shaped it into O for a while.
>>
>>153227563
>Kazuki was most likely a real person before Maria met him
I don't remember most of Vol 7, but is ever explained why she choose Kazuki in the first place? did she met him somewhere and was love at first sight or something?
>>
>>153227764
I don't remember a concrete reason being given.

I'd speculate it was either love at first sight, which gives you a better argument for saying they really did love each other, and Kazuki wasn't just Maria's tool or that Kazuki innately had some weirdness that made her zero in on him.

I'd have to go reread some of the stuff with Daiya too, if I really wanted to build a well-rounded interpretation. I remember there was some of questioning of why he wasn't picked.
>>
>>153227764
She saw him along with that suicidal girl who gave him her blood to lick IIRC.
>>
>>153212053
I wondered as well, then I realized it's mostly 18 year olds and bellow that like it after browsing through mal and then I lost any interest in trying to ponder that one out.

Who cares why dumb kids like anything. I used to like lots of bad shit when I was that age.
>>
>>153228218
>browsing through mal
Yeah, that really speaks highly of your ability to judge a book's quality.
>>
>>153228424
Well that's where most of it's fans reside.
So you're not providing an argument even if you think you are.
>>
>>153228460
>Well that's where most of it's fans reside.
How do you even decide on "facts" like that? You're not even going to check how it does in Japan?
>>
>>153228542
Because we're not talking about how it does in Japan. We never speak about how good things do in Japan on /a/. Japan has shit taste.

Welcome to our board by the way. It's obvious you're new here.
>>
>>153228569
You're the MALfag here, m8. Talking about your crowd's tastes is a lot less relevant and common than talking about Japan's tastes.
>>
>>153228649
>y-y-y-y-your a MALfag
>meanwhile reading MALs top 1 LN choice for the last 2 years

Pottery. It's sad introverted kids like you don't go to make friends with people with similar shit tastes from the same age group. I find it quite sad in fact.
>>
>>153228752
I mean, you can hardly deny it, right? I wouldn't even know where to check their rankings, yet you seem to put so much stock in them. It really is a shame to base your opinions on some kids' taste rather than reading the thing for yourself. You haven't even described anything about the series to back up your opinion.
>>
>>153228128
Now that I'm thinking about it, it would make perfect sense that the first sign that Maria's box had chosen Kazuki to be her savior was the time he wrote down the name Maria instead of Aya during the time loop. O claimed that she gave Kazuki the ability to remember previous loops because she had taken an interest in him, but what's so special about Kazuki at that point? It would make more sense that Maria's wish was responsible for giving Kazuki the ability to remember previous loops as part of being her savior, just like it was responsible for giving him the ability to destroy a person's box, and O only became interested in him after realizing that he had gained a power that didn't come from her.
>>
>>153229398
> first sign that Maria's box had chosen Kazuki to be her savior was the time he wrote down the name Maria instead of Aya during the time loop.
That does make sense, though it's still not an answer to why the box picked him in the first place.

I really wish we had gotten some flashbacks to that tear girl, from a reliable narrator. Kazuki's still a fucking mystery.
>>
>>153229646
I think that the question of why Maria's box chose him to be her savior is similar to the question of just how much influence her box had on his actions. It's probably a question that we weren't given enough detailed information to answer one way or the other in the first place.

And yeah, it's pretty weird that it feels like we know less about the viewpoint character's past than any of the other main characters.
>>
>>153229646
iirc Kazuki's middle school crush was in the flawed bliss. She was the first person to view Kazuki as a savior. Maria/the box picked up on it and sought him
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.