[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this? Asking as someone who watched the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: kara no kyoukai.jpg (43KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
kara no kyoukai.jpg
43KB, 225x318px
Why do people like this? Asking as someone who watched the first 3 movies and thought they were awful, but is genuinely curious about what people see in it.
>>
I thought the art and animation were quite nice. Liked the series' take on mysticism and "self". Shiki is an interesting character, and Mikiya and Touko are likable. Movie 5 is a proper headfuck, and the original final movie was a nice cap to the series. Also enjoyed the nonlinear order of the stories, though honestly I think this aspect of the series was slightly superfluous.
>>
>>153204873
Thank you for your sincere answer, I appreciate your thoughts.
>>
>>153204873
>Movie 5 is a proper headfuck
How so? I never understood the praise. Do I have to be an expert on Nasulore to get it?
>>
>>153204504
Boku no pico is better
>>
>>153204504
Just watch Naruto, at least you don't need to use your brain with that.
>>
Am I the only one who really hates their character design (Ufotable in general)? The eyes always look like the characters are blind.
>>
>>153204504
The novels are overall twice as better as the anime, I like the anime because of it's visuals and soundtrack that give great atmosphere, I think the VAs did a great job too but too much is changed and cut from the movies to consider them that good.

I like the mistery, romance, dialogue and ideas/topics presented. Dunno what you were expecting when you got into the series but if you thought it was about powerlevels then it's not for you, you should check Fate if you want that.

I didn't really understand what Nasu meant with floating and flying the first time but when I got it I though "oh, this is actually pretty nice"

Mikiya's character really surprised me too, when I finished the series and realized why it was called that and who it was called after it made a lot of sense

Book/movie 3 is my favorite, the best is 7.

I'M CALLING
>>
>>153204504
Great visuals, music and character designs. Setting is wonderful, I love urban fantasy. Good and likable characters, one of my favorite love stories ever (Shiki/Mikiya OTP), interesting stories and powers.
>>
>>153204504
The love story were good. I enjoyed Shiki and Kokuto relationship. Mana is arguably best TM loli.

Then it all completed with their seiyuu get married.
>>
File: 1453071724978.png (131KB, 897x844px) Image search: [Google]
1453071724978.png
131KB, 897x844px
>>153204504
Without delving into details or spoilers. What sold it for me was mostly the lovely atmosphere upheld by ufo's execution, the animation is great, the clean art style is great, the direction is great, the effects are great and Kaijura's music is great. I adore urban fantasy settings that actually can be taken at least a little bit seriously, classical nasu's pseudo philosophical mumbo jumbo and world based on his original ideas combined with buddhist ones were also a big pros. The main story surprised me positively on some occasions. Most of the cast is interesting, I think that Shiki is well written charmingly bloody qutie, Tomoe and Touko (despite that most of her monologues are practically infodumps) are very fun characters, there's also cosplayer who is a drug dealer, how cool is that! The romance part may be a little lacklustre and moldy because of Mikiya who is literally a Jap Jesus but it never bothered me that much.
>>
>>153205478
No, it doesn't require any Nasuverse stuff to get that wasn't already explored by the previous movies. I don't want to spoil anything, though, but I agree with that anon that movie 5 is the best.

Also Yuki Kajiura's music all sounds the same, but damn if the motifs used in KnK weren't the best.
>>
File: carry.png (485KB, 720x876px) Image search: [Google]
carry.png
485KB, 720x876px
>>153204504
Mostly I like the OTP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.