[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so great about Hunter x Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 46

File: download.jpg (18KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 294x172px
So I just dropped hxh after watching 132 episodes . I'm not sure why I kept on watching it maybe because every 10 or so episodes it would have some great moments that convinced me to keep watching. What I just don't get though, is what people find so amazing about this show. hxh is filled with flaws for example: the "main plot" of kid wants to find his dad isn't really being actively pursued throughout the show with the exception of the greed island arc. There's no sense of urgency to find ging and yorknew city, heavens arena and the chimera ant arcs have very little to do with gon finding gin or even getting closer to him. (continued)
>>
>>153194943
(Continued) The Exam arc is alright and has some decent moments but overall is mediocre as fuck. Heavens arena is terrible with the exception of the hisoka fight at the end. Yorknew City is by far the best arc and starts out slow but has some great moments albeit a shitload of very boring ones but not nearly as many as heavens arena. Greed Island is painfully slow paced. Then there's the chimera ant arc which at 60 episodes is about 2/5s of the show and most of it is incredibly boring, filled with unnecessary characters and a ridiculously slow pace. Then once they assault the palace which takes up about half of the damn arc the pacing goes from very slow to extremely slow. The narration had always been a little excessive up until that point (show me don't tell me) but once they get in the palace practically every single fucking footstep is narrated and they could have easily cut that shit out and shown us what was happening instead. Sometimes the narration is completely unnecessary as what the narrator is explaining is painfully obvious and it's frankly insulting that the writers of the show act like its viewers are too stupid to see what's plainly on screen. Due to the pacing and narration moments that would have been tense and suspenseful lost all dramatic tension and became tedious. Netero's fight was great but by the time gon fought pitou and ended the fight via super saiyin mode in 10 seconds I felt disappointed after all of the hype. These aren't even hxh's greatest flaws however. The real problem with hxh is it's pointless story lines and characters. All throughout the show there are both major and minor characters that are revealed to have goals and motivations that simply end up going nowhere. For example we learn that Kurapika is dedicated to killing the trope but after killing 1 trope member he decides to say fuck it and just kind of forgets about them killing his clan.
>>
>>153194970
(continued) Also there's no point to that mole bitch melody in the york new city arc. The writers take the time to give her screen time, a fleshed out personality and backstory and a goal and then her entire character and buildup for her involvement in the plot in the future is forgotten. The real problem with hxh is the lack of focus and a strong main plot. Will Chrollo get his nen healed, they sure did build up his inevitable confrontation with hisoka once he was healed but nope that plot line is completely forgotten. Kurapika and Leorio despite being practically main characters in the first 6 or so episodes are completely forgotten with the exception of kurapika during york new city. How does fighting ants get gon closer to his goal? It's like the writers took all of these great ideas from the source material but couldn't decide which ones to prioritize and then started dropping side stories as they went along. There are some great moments in this show however 90% of it is fairly mediocre or just flat out boring.
>>
File: Killua_misses_his_target.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Killua_misses_his_target.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Killua is cute!
>>
File: 1470541865494.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470541865494.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>153194943
道草を楽しめ。大いにな。欲しいものより大切なものが きっと、そっちに転がってる。
Michikusa wo tanoshime. Ooi ni na. Hoshii mono yori taisetsu na mono ga, kitto socchi ni korogatteru
You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.
—Yoshihiro Togashi / Ging
>>
HxH is a good shounen anime. If you don't like shounen you won't like the show period.
>>
>>153196432
>little detours
nice side stories=/=shitty side stories haphazardly stitched together with a weak excuse for a main story line.
>>
>>153196638
>hurr durr durr harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dur dur durrrrrrrr
sorry i didnt understand that, could you maybe rephrase it in a less retarded way
>>
File: 4HgSpk3.jpg (230KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
4HgSpk3.jpg
230KB, 598x792px
>>153196691
>mocks a poster's argument with hurr durr.....
fuckin fanboys
>>
>>153196691
There was nothing retarded about what he said. Maybe Togashi babbies should expand upon their shit fedoralord tastes by reading better series
>>
>>153196750
>>153196777
>shitty side stories haphazardly stitched together with a weak excuse for a main story line.
>thinking this is an argument
>literally just an insult
If you want something more than me mocking your idiocy, say something of value. I gave a reason, you just called the show shitty.

sage
>>
File: thats-not-an-argument-3737029.png (73KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
thats-not-an-argument-3737029.png
73KB, 500x365px
>>153196875
> I gave you a reason
>hurrr durrr durr
That's not a reason m8 and you still haven't brought up one valid point from the show as a rebuttal.
>>
>>153197034
>>>153194943 (OP)
Michikusa wo tanoshime. Ooi ni na. Hoshii mono yori taisetsu na mono ga, kitto socchi ni korogatteru
You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.
—Yoshihiro Togashi / Ging
That is the final line of the show
Reading comprehension goes a long way Moly
>>
>>153197140
Just because a character in a show makes a comment about the nature of the show itself doesn't mean it's true or even if it is true, it may not be valid in the show's case and it certainly isn't for hxh.
>>
Obligatory gum and rubber post.
>>
HxH is less about the story and more about the characters.

Watching anime for the plot is pleb as fuck.
>>
>>153197242
All of the characters are simple as fuck though and it takes literally 100+ episodes for killua and gon to get some character development.
>>
>>153197195
>Yoshihiro Togashi
>a character in the show
holy fuck this shit is why I'm insulting you.
>>
>>153197512
that aint me nigga
>>
>>153197559
have a retroactive "you're fucking retarded" then
>>
>>153197360
>It took a 100 eps for Gon and Killua to get development.

Completely disagree, I think that their development is gradual and consistent right from the episode they're introducted. It's just blatantly obvious in the Chimera Ant arc since that is the arc with the highest personal stakes for both characters.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>153197654
wew lad
>>
>>153197675
>gradual
More like nonexistent until the CA arc.
>>
>>153194943
>So I just dropped hxh after watching 132 episodes .

So you just dropped the series after watching basically all of it

WOW
>>
>>153194943
HxH is overated as fuck but you're pretty much salty at a work in progress. Half of the your complains are invalid because some of these are esolved ( chrollos nen's, leorio and kurapika return etc), to have set up to be adressed in the current manga arc ( the phantom troupe, mole bitch and ninja man's return)
>>
>>153198232
>HxH is overated as fuck

As always, coming from an anime-only fag
>>
>>153197675
character development doesn't just mean any small change in a character you know. It's far more impactful than that and noticeable if it happens. That's not even the primary problem with the characters either really. The problem is they feel no complex emotions. Only exaggerated simple emotions. Simple characters aren't even bad for shounen, but if you aren't going to make up for that with a well-written plot it's just not engaging. It just feels like Togashi writes whatever he felt like writing with no rhyme or reason. It's completely disorientating. Like how they transition between arcs especially is telling. They just throw you into whatever new is happening and completely forget about whatever happened before, maybe mentioning it one or two times but for the most part it may as well never happened. That said HxH isn't even a bad show, just a flawed one. Differing opinions are entirely allowed, but blind fanboyism and ignoring obvious problems is not.
>>
>>153198254
> Aluded to Chrollo getting his nen resorted and Hanzo's returning
> Anime only fag

This is how I know you're retarded.
>>
>>153198569

>anime only fag who started reading the manga where the anime left off
>>
Hunter x Hunter is BY FAR the most intelligent and deepest shonen out there. You can call this bait, you can laugh at this, but it is TRUE.

It has more depth that huge amounts of seinen manga too.
>>
>>153194943
>flaws for example: the "main plot" of kid wants to find his dad isn't really being actively pursued throughout the show
>flaw
>>
>>153198762
HXH is my favorite anime and I can easily see why you would say that and would probably agree.
>>
>>153194943
It's just average, it's fans are too stubborn to admit it.
>>
If you don't think a villain like Meruem is compelling I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>153198950
why would I think a generic edgelord with asspull powers is compelling?
>>
>>153198989
tell me about these asspull powers
>>
>>153199098
? he's literally born the most powerful being on the planet when the show had spend the last 100+ episodes building up the idea you had to work to be strong
>>
>>153199123
>most powerful being on the planet

how do you function

you barely skim this shit and then instead of stopping to wonder why you didnt enjoy it, off to /a/ you go to complain about it
>>
>>153199123
it sounds like you don't get the story at all
>>
>>153199180
they literally fucking say it in the show how can you be this much of a fanboy and not know that? They only mention things more powerful afterwards in the dark continent arc when togashi has to think of some bullshit to raise the powerlevels even higher
>>
>>153199256
nigger, him being born retardedly strong isn't an asspull at all, he has the strength of hundreds if not thousands of people combined into one body
>>
>>153199123
>Established to belong to a race that is very adept at nen and can learn it easily on top of being very strong in general
>The king of said race
>Expecting him not to be very powerful
And it doesn't even matter that he's the strongest because he doesn't even use his strength and that's very interesting.
>>
>>153199256
first of all he's a fucking monster, he doesn't play by the rules of humans

secondly what the fuck did you think the ants were doing for the queen?

they dropped a country's worth of nen straight into her guts. where do you think that went? do you think it just disappeared or something?

third, the story wasn't even about power levels, that entire part of the arc is meruem, a prodigious but inexperienced newborn, discovering that there is more to life than power

not sure why I'm wasting my time on a speedreading knuckle-dragging mental invalid here

fuck off

now quote my post and make some retarded quip about fanboys or something, i don't think hxh is god's gift to mankind and i certainly didn't think it was so deep a story it required explanation until I read your shitwit posts
>>
>>153199256
This isn't DBZ. Go back to your regular board.
>>
>Ctrl+f adventure
>no results
It is the best adventure series out there. It isn't the deepest, doesn't have the best action, and doesn't have this huge overarching dramatic story, but no other series drops you into a world with interesting characters and has you go on all these separate adventures as well as this series does.
>>
>>153199407
I kinda disagree on that. I love it but it's not a really great adventure and doesn't try to be. Everywhere they go is charted and well known, it's what happens there that's the interesting part, not going there. If they ever get out into the dark continent it will be more of adventure but not really now. It is AN adventure but not the best one.
>>
>>153199256
This. They said that in the DC there are S level threats or disasters and the Ants were still only an A+ level even after all they did.
>>
>>153199465
>Everywhere they go is charted and well known
No, that makes it a good adventure series. The places and events are well thought out and really pull you into the individual arcs. An Adventure isn't just about going somewhere unknown. All the places were unknown to Gon (and us as the reader) so we got to go on this great adventure through their world experiencing it.

Does another series do that as well? Most series eventually get bogged down into some long running plot with a overarching villain.
>>
>>153199563
I guess you're right. I can't disagree.

I hear One Piece is good in that regard but I don't read it.
>>
>>153199589
OP is a great adventure series too, but it doesn't have the variety in its arcs. They are all sort of the same with little changes here and there. Loads of interesting visuals in its world though make up for the arcs feeling similar.
>>
I agree OP, HxH would be so much better if Gon just smashed Killua's traitorous skull and then used another Jajanken to smash Pitou's skull while he couldn't defend himself and finally also smashed Koumugi's skull for sleeping with the enemy

Gon is a complex and intellectual
>>
>>153194943
This is the only shonen shit I have ever dropped and I still read Fairy Tail weekly, HxH is the most boring piece of shit I ever read holy fuck I had to force myself just to watch the anime but the OST in the anime is fucking awful, the plots are complete donkey shit and the characters suck ass if you arent a fag pedophile. I mean Gon is just this Luffy tier faggot who has no purpose in life beyond HURR I GOTTA FIND MY DADDY. Killua is just a queer lets be honest now. I fucking hate the world as well, the York whatever arc that had autistic auctioning shit no one cares about is my hated arc, and Chimera Ants were just complete fucking bullshit I cant believe that stupid was actually made my fucking god. I hate every single character in this shitty manga.
>>
>>153194943
Can I see your 3x3 or mal to where your taste gravitates towards?
>>
>Killua becomes scared of the bunny chimera and is faced with the dilemma of overcoming it and dying for Gon's sake or survival
>Turns out his older brother inserted a fear needle in his head to make him act accordingly. Once removed he beats up the bunny and no longer feels the same fear before
Talk about a waste of character development
>>
>>153199877
It was foreshadows and it doesn't make sense for him to be afraid of a random ant.

I know they are powerful, they are NOT THAT powerful.
>>
>>153199735
>This is the only shonen shit I have ever dropped and I still read Fairy Tail weekly
Is that supposed to imply your opinion has any worth?
>>
>>153194943
Are you me? Because I made the same mistake of watching it after deciding to use the myanime best anime list.
The end of the exam arc made me look forward to the potential of what it set up, only to be largely disappointed.
IMO yorkshire arc was really frustrating, it set up an op antagonist team but theres no shonen fight between them and the main characters or objectively good written resolution. The author wrote himself into a corner that the only way he could write the main characters out alive is if they outsmarted the spiders through lame ass means. You could argue that the spiders are being set up for something but what are they set up for? Don't write a gun in the room if it's not going to be used. This show was a waste of my life.
>>
Will the other arcs of the manga get OVAs? I can't read the manga with Togashi's lazy ass shit art. It's unbearable.
>>
>>153199699

I love you
>>
>>153200055
>it set up an op antagonist team but theres no shonen fight between them and the main characters
>That makes it bad
Goddamn I hate you people

>Don't write a gun in the room if it's not going to be used
You sound like a huge idiot
>>
>>153199968
How was it foreshadowed? And this wasn't some random ant, this was an ant they encountered before. They defeated the ant the first time but then he got stronger and gave Killua a run for his money for an episode. Even if this was foreshadowed, being afraid because of a psychological needle inserted then fighting with confidence as if nothing happened is really shitty writing.
>>
File: imagg.png (915KB, 673x1433px) Image search: [Google]
imagg.png
915KB, 673x1433px
>>153200117
forgot pic related
>>
>>153200096
>ignoring objectively good written resolution
I did type an alternative. It can be a satisfying or tragic resolution just as long as there's a resolution to an arc. The main characters outsmarted the spiders through lame ass means and doesn't conclude anything. You could argue that this is simply to build off of but that never happens.
>calling me an idiot for stating a good writing tactic with no understanding of it
You sound uneducated
>>
>>153200232
First of all
>objectively good
Does not exist. There's nothing objective about any of this. The resolution that was provided was good. You just didn't like it because you want a big DBZ fight as a climax but this isn't that kind of show. It concludes the threat of the spiders, and allows them to get Greed Island.
>>
>>153200117
His design seem to be a pushover villain and it is good way to show that killua development but not enough to be scary tough guy.
>>
>>153200289
>Says being objectively good does not exist
>proceeds to say that it was good
Also it does not conclude the threat of the spiders. They are still out in the world and there threat is very much active the next time they decide to do something similar. What happened to Lucifero was only temporary. I didn't like it because the author wrote himself into a corner and solved the problem by as follows
>turn off the lights
>capture the leader
>then trade off
really boring
>>
>>153200428
>proceeds to say that it was good
Yeah because that's what's called an opinion.
>They are still out in the world
Nobody cares about out in the world. The threat is over for the main characters.
It only shows how much of an idiot you are that you act like something as simple as turning off the lights isn't a good strategy for some stupid reason. There's no reason it wouldn't work and it was a perfectly fine and not stupid plan.
>>
>>153196432
Yeah, underdeveloped characters and plot points that just get discarded are truly the important parts of storytelling.
>>
>>153194943
>to find ging and yorknew city
Do you realize what their reason was for being in that city?

And really, URGENCY? Its not like they had a quest locator marker around their heads that constantly pointed to where Ging was
>>
>>153195943
>implying he missed my heart
>>
>>153200467
>Yeah because that's what's called an opinion
K then my opinion is that hxh is shit
>Nobody cares about out in the world
Kurapiku should care considering how his back story is about the spiders. For him to be all "lol i'll stop going after the spiders to save gon" is an abrupt, unnatural, and uninteresting end to Kurapika's rage and grief.
the plan to trade Lucifer bothered me because the characters never struggled with it. It wasn't a big obstacle they had to overcome it was achieved with ease. Also considering how op the spiders have continuously showed themselves to be it seems really unlikely turning off the lights would phase them.
You keep calling me an idiot but maybe that's your way of making your argument and yourself feel smart.
>>
>>153200655
>K then my opinion is that hxh is shit
As I already stated. You tried to say it was "objectively" good which is objectively wrong because it's all subjective.

>the plan to trade Lucifer bothered me because the characters never struggled with it. It wasn't a big obstacle they had to overcome it was achieved with ease.
Because of Kurapika's power. Powers in HxH are not something you can just push through by being a strong badass. You have to follow any effects that get placed on you. Kurapika had a power that could easily defeat a spider all he needed was to surprise one which he did. That's the genius of HunterXHunter which you seem to be unwilling to understand. None of them can see in the dark and they certainly weren't expecting two kids to pull some shit like that on them and that's why it worked. It wouldn't have worked in battle. You'd think this stuff would be clear considering how explained everything is but I guess not.
>>
>>153200045
Yes Im saying I enjoy Fairy Tail more than HxH which tells you how awful HXH is.
>>
File: Netero.jpg (310KB, 959x538px) Image search: [Google]
Netero.jpg
310KB, 959x538px
>>153194943
It had some good fights. Also in retrospect watching Gon go from happy go lucky kid to murderous feral child, and Killua from paid serial killer to something more like a normal kid was neat.
>>
File: nen aint free.png (336KB, 2037x546px) Image search: [Google]
nen aint free.png
336KB, 2037x546px
>>153194943
3/4 of the thing you mentioned are the reason why people (or at least I) think it's good. It just isn't for you.
>>
File: 1481851425633.png (71KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481851425633.png
71KB, 750x750px
>>153200730
>You tried to say it was "objectively" good which is objectively wrong
I'm confused. I said that I thought it was shit not whatever poop slop you just typed
>it's all subjective
okay maybe you could've thought of that and not waste time adding nothing to the conversation until your most recent message
>Powers in HxH are not something you can just push through by being a strong badass
Powers can literally be push through if you have the right mind set and act accordingly to the rules placed on said power. Technically speaking powers in hxh are something a strong bad ass can push through.
The spiders confrontation between them and the main characters are so minimal there's no real sense of danger outside of Gon and Killua briefly getting captured by them.
>None of them can see in the dark
Was this something mentioned way ahead of time or was it something stated in the last minute? Sounds like bad writing to make super ultra killer thiefs not able to see in the dark.
Calm down, just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean you need to over react.
>>
>>153201024
>Was this something mentioned way ahead of time or was it something stated in the last minute? Sounds like bad writing to make super ultra killer thiefs not able to see in the dark.
Humans can't see in the dark you retard. Why would you assume otherwise? It seems that you are expecting a lot of things from this show that aren't going to be the case.
>>
>>153201064
>Humans can't see in the dark
Considering how the spiders literally destroyed entire super mafia armies and have shown to have profound senses, you'd figure they might be able to see or at the very least sense in the dark. When they cornered Gon and Killua when they were captured, they were able to outmaneuver them with seeing where they went raw senses alone. Nen capabilites are beyond regular human capabilities, it's even plausible for a nen user to see in the dark or sense.
>you retard
so you escalated from calling me idiot, to calling your favorite cartoon immense genius i don't understand, to this. what's next? super duper retard?
>It seems that you are expecting a lot of things from this show that aren't going to be the case.
So like I first stated this show had potential but ultimately disappointing.
>>
>>153201189
*without seeing where they went with raw senses alone
>>
>>153194943
>went to sleep hours ago and this thread was dying
>come back and retarded hunterfags made it to 80 replies

jesus fuck
>>
>>153201421

It's mostly thanks to me, I saved this thread from page 10 a couple of times

I am desperate to always talk about Hunter x Hunter because my only real life friend dropped it after Kite died in CA (anime only of course and not because he cared about Kite but because he was triggered by Gon and Killua being gay together) and he considers it far inferior to stuff like FMA Brotherhood (to be fair the anime is better here) or his most favoritest anime - Van Hellsing
>>
>>153200117
Many times, but most notably when he trained with Biske and she told him his fear would cause him to abandon Gon.
>>
>>153201472
Oh I see. I don't like the needle influence but I'll give it a pass.
>>
>>153200780
To think I'm breathing same air with you... just kill yourself, please.
>>
>>153194943
>What I just don't get though, is what people find so amazing about this show

Boipussies.
>>
>>153194943
just read One Piece and you will soon forget Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>153201973
You could at least try anon.
>>
>>153194943
I think hxh is too intelligent for you, anon. better stick with one piece and fairy tail. :^)
>>
Has there ever been an episode of anything as good as the last episode of HunterXHunter?
>>
File: birds.jpg (632KB, 1791x1300px) Image search: [Google]
birds.jpg
632KB, 1791x1300px
Hunter x Hunter is perfectly emblematic of why most anime/manga fans are infantile idiots.

It's often thrown around that the show is a subversion of shounen motifs, and it is, but it's just well written. The obligatory rescue arc is promptly cut short because the characters have a semblance of actual humanity. A Father acknowledging the pressures of his parental concern.

In Naruto, the same set up is a series spanning cycle of regurgitated arc structures. "My parents are overbearing" is the backstory for a major antagonist before it's rewritten.

Every arc is different, every arc is genuinely emotive. It's an author who isn't afraid to reference fucking Devilman and zero contract labourers. It doesn't need a broad coherent plot with a dogged emphasis on linear progression, because that's not what life is.

You're too stupid to enjoy HxH, and you're too emotionally void to really appreciate any work of art. Balzac's struggles against the benchmark of wealth, Henry Miller's chaotic idolisation of the flawed, fucking Gilgamesh or Henry IV's record of friendship. Go grow up, then come back and read that little story of a kid learning about life. Maybe you'll understand the significance of it.
>>
>>153194943
Eh, I don't like shounen as a whole and I loathe the character designs, that's enough for me to stay away from HxH.
>>
>Watches 132 episodes of a series he dosent really care about
OP is a fool.
>>
>>153203456
OP must just have nothing better to do with his time
>>
>>153197360
>All of the characters are simple as fuck
Allow me to introduce you to Meruem.
>>
File: CcTfELWW8AAcO6H.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CcTfELWW8AAcO6H.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
Do you pronounce the "X" in Hunter x Hunter?
>>
>>153204659
Hunter hunter.
>>
>>153204876
Why did you tell her??
>>
>>153194943
>>153194970
Agreed 100%. Especially the "show dont tell" part
>>
>>153202570
Is this a pasta I'm unaware of because of my fleeting relationship with /a/? If not you ought to be embarrassed.
>>
>>153194943
Oh boy, where do I even begin. First of all
>the "main plot" of kid wants to find his dad
Is so fucking wrong. Sure, Gon wants to find Gin but he also wants to be a Hunter like him, he wants to get stronger and so on. If you you want some kind of bullshit like "I'm going to be a Hokage" then I think other shonens are more suitable for you.
>>153194943
>There's no sense of urgency to find ging and yorknew city, heavens arena and the chimera ant arcs have very little to do with gon finding gin or even getting closer to him
I'm not sure if you even paid attention because you completly misunderstood Gons intentions. Gon doesn't want to "just find" Ging. He said it multiple times that he doesn't want to take a shortcut so he is not in a hurry and wants to do it properly (by getting gradually stronger) and during those arcs there were more important things to take care of than finding his dad.
>>153194943
>Then once they assault the palace which takes up about half of the damn arc the pacing goes from very slow to extremely slow
If the assault is slow paced for you then I strongly suggest you to read Bleach or something.
>All throughout the show there are both major and minor characters that are revealed to have goals and motivations that simply end up going nowhere
You didn't even finished Chimera Arc but yet you make this kind of accusation. You complain about the slow pace yet you expect every characters story to be resolved immediately.
>For example we learn that Kurapika is dedicated to killing the trope but after killing 1 trope member he decides to say fuck it and just kind of forgets about them killing his clan.
Again. What Kurapika wants is to avange his clan and gain their eyes back. You should familiarize yourself with the concept of a character development. First he wanted to kill all the Spiders but after Yorknew arc he realized that this kind of revenge it's dangerous, reckless and won't do any good.
>>
>>153194970
>Kurapika is dedicated to killing the trope
not exactly, he is dedicated to get back his clan's eyes, that's it. you should read the manga more slowly next time
>>
>>153204659
I say junter equis junter.
>>
Examples of why HxH is not shit(clearly not for OP if he was not able to see these things) :
Legit internal conflicts: Pouf, Killua...
Characters change during the story: Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Meruem, Komugi...
Unconventional (to shonen) writing: main villains don't get defeated by MC; MC is not a hero-virgin-mary-I-will-protect-everyone; no Nakama powerups; some main villains don't care about the MC and most don't go out of their way to fuck up MC etc.
I would write more but I simply don't care enough, just wanted to support the defending side here who is doing poorly
>>
File: 1416018540434.png (756KB, 3492x4127px) Image search: [Google]
1416018540434.png
756KB, 3492x4127px
>>153194943
>>153205630
cont.
He put his friends in a life threating situation and that simply wasn't worth it.
>>153194970
>Also there's no point to that mole bitch melody in the york new city arc. The writers take the time to give her screen time, a fleshed out personality and backstory and a goal and then her entire character and buildup for her involvement in the plot in the future is forgotten
see prev post
>>153195004
>inevitable confrontation with hisoka once he was healed but nope that plot line is completely forgotten
Fucking again. Just because it's not resolved immediately doesn't mean that it's forgotten. For fucks sake this is a long shonen. Togashi has time (just not the intentions).
>>153195004
>How does fighting ants get gon closer to his goal? It's like the writers took all of these great ideas from the source material but couldn't decide which ones to prioritize and then started dropping side stories as they went along. There are some great moments in this show however 90% of it is fairly mediocre or just flat out boring.
Seriously just go watch/read something else, this is clearly not for you.
>>
>>153194943
I like the detail in how nen works.

It's like if they actually bothered coming up with an explanation for powers in Dragonball.
>>
fags got rekt
>>
>>153198762
It has more depth than tons of western tv shows and novels as well.

It does suffer from plot holes but not too much that the story is ruined.
>>
>>153194943
All of your gripes seem really subjective, especially the ones about the story/pacing. Hunter x Hunter is more like a sprawling series of adventures rather than a rigid progression to the end goal. I think it has good pacing since Togashi isn't afraid to drop an arc and move on as soon as everything interesting has happened. We don't hear much from Kurapika post-Yorknew since we know he's not fighting the troupe. We don't hear much from Leorio after parting with Gon and Killua since we know he's just studying to become a doctor.

Personally I like most of the open plot points since they add a sense of depth to the world as well as an element of surprise when a character suddenly reappears in the story and we learn what they've been doing since we last saw them, like Leorio in the Chairman election.
>>
>>153198762
>>153206321
This.
I fucking love when my source of entertaining criticize the human society.
>>
>>153194943
nothing

it's naruto tier writing
>>
>>153198495
>The problem is they feel no complex emotions. Only exaggerated simple emotions
What do you mean by that? What would you say are complex emotions in comparison to exaggerated simple emotions? I'm just curious.
>>
>>153206735
what the fuck is 'naruto tier writing'?
>>
>>153205176
her??
>>
I just think it's written well. It's hard to get a shonen that isn't just power levels. Even Yu Yu Hakusho fell into that trap.
>>
File: episode 134.png (641KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
episode 134.png
641KB, 1280x738px
>implying Chimera Ants arc isn't the best arc of HxH
Every single moment since the crew appeared in front of Youpi during the palace invasion up until pic related was literally the best chapters/episodes any shounen ever had and I doubt something will ever top it in my lifetime (apart from gon-san though).
>>
>>153211636
the anime ruined it a lot
>>
>>153211716
How so?
>>
>>153211761
way way way too long episodes, especially the early (bad) part where it was completely unjustified

until ep 100, the only good one is the gyro episode and the kite dies episode

and even the North Korea raid part of the arc is like "this entire episode covers 3 seconds of time"
>>
File: 214.jpg (189KB, 680x1071px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
189KB, 680x1071px
Will it ever by finished, bros?
>>
I thought OPfags were the most deluded and annoying fags, but damn these HxHfags try so fucking hard.
>>
>>153199877
Togashi hyped up Rammot too much
>>
>>153211952
Those are 2011fags, who couldn't get with the sketches of the manga (Even when Togashi cleaned them up in the volume releases)and became fans when the new series showed up.
>>
>>153194943
non-anime fan here. watched it after a friend recommended it and ended up getting hooked real fucking hard. here's what I like about it.

>most characters start out cliche as fuck but end up winning me over through unique traits or surprising behavior.
>character development is stellar. if you haven't noticed just how hard they influence each other you haven't been paying attention. just think of how characters are before and after running into Gon.
>the narrative and setting is consistent and the writer makes very few ass pulls. this is more noticeable on your second watching.
>every character is flawed and vulnerable in some way. Meruem basically exists to convey this.
>Nen, while pretty dumb at times, is generally entertaining to watch. especially when Hisoka fights.
>conflict is not resolved through violence much of the time.
>morality is not black and white, and the antagonists (especially) are believable in their motives and actions.

there's a number of things I didn't like about it though, but overall I'd give it a 8.5/10. easily one of the best series I've watched, all genres included.
>>
>>153211822
Fair points, but having voice and soundtrack turned things better IMO. The way the ending started playing before the episode actually ends just added to the tension of each end.
>>
>>153206745
What I mean is the characters all seem like they have bipolar disorder. They're either very happy or very mad or very nervous etc. etc. Look at Gon in the Chimera Ant arc. He just goes from happy to this extreme form of mad in the course of a couple episodes. It's reasonable to get mad but not to the exaggerated level he does. At least have him go through the stages of denial, that would make it a far more relatable experience, and that's pretty important because Kite didn't have nearly enough screentime for us to care about him so we needed to care about Gon who did. P.S. I don't think HxH is bad, just not as good as it's praised on here. For shounen standards it's probably as good as you can get.
>>
>>153212078
>being a gatekeeping shit heap
did you stop developing at 12 years old or something
>>
>>153212221
No, I know the manga is great and stands out, but it's not THE best thing ever made and a lot of shitters came in with the 2011 series, IE you.
>>
I've noticed that a lot of HxH readers justify bad writing/execution with "It's original!"
>>
>>153212218
>Look at Gon in the Chimera Ant arc.
I don't think that's a very good example. being tunnel-visioned and intense as fuck is part of his character. even then, he starts spiraling down immediately after Kite's death and it only gets worse. consider his reaction after failing to beat Knuckle for example.

I agree that it ramps up way too hard near the end though.

>>153212335
>No, I know the manga is great and stands out
cool, can't wait to read it

>but it's not THE best thing ever made
I don't recall anybody suggesting this

>a lot of shitters came in with the 2011 series
"shitters"? do you value your weeb credibility this fucking much?

I was 100% correct. thanks for confirming.
>>
How do people still don't get that Gon's change in CA has little to do with losing a close friend??? How do you people fucking function? All the show does is basically proves Gon(and viewer's expectations of him) wrong all the time. In Kite's case, show proves that dragging along to have an adventure and bonding with him was shitty idea on Gon's part, because Kite essentially died protecting the kids. Gon (again) feels stupid and responsible for Kite's death, now he knows he is not a fucking hero in an adventure tail, he caused a death and refuses to admit the shit in all possible ways. When he can't, then he snaps going into Gon-san. Like wtf, go read a damn book or ten before you discuss a series.
>>
>>153213055
don't be so smug. your interpretation isn't perfect.

>All the show does is basically proves Gon(and viewer's expectations of him) wrong all the time.
I disagree. he's basically a paragon of virtue, to the point where people change on a fundamental level after encountering him. most of his defeats are the result of immaturity and inexperience. in fact, only the situation you mentioned and the fight with Hanzo truly exhibit his flaws.

>In Kite's case, show proves that dragging along to have an adventure and bonding with him was shitty idea on Gon's part, because Kite essentially died protecting the kids.
I mean, in the following ark, Ging and girl-Kite explicitly state that this is wrong and that Gon's only mistake was not being strong enough. I think you're correct in saying that he fully believes this (to the point of insanity) but that's not what the show itself is "proving".

let's not forget that Kite had no obligation to bring them, and no possible way to predict Pitou's appearance.

>Gon (again) feels stupid and responsible for Kite's death, now he knows he is not a fucking hero in an adventure tail, he caused a death and refuses to admit the shit in all possible ways.
he doesn't "refuse" to admit it. in fact "I killed Kite :( it's my fault" is exactly what's going on through his head before he goes batshit insane. he's incapable of dealing with his own weakness.

>Like wtf, go read a damn book or ten before you discuss a series.
right back at you.
>>
I dropped it in chapter 2
Its dull, cliches everywhere, bad art.

I dont get it
>>
>>153213723
>I dropped it in chapter 2
>I dont get it
>>
>>153213663
but the show does prove gon wrong in his expectations(through his immaturity and inexperience). he does not get what he wants from his encounters(at least 1st and 2nd) with hisoka, he does not get a satisfying ending in fight with Hanzo, he doesn't prove anything to illumi, zoldycks or troupe, he doesn't get to meet Ging after GI and he doesn't get bonding and adventure with Kite, soon he will realise what a terrible friend he was to Killua in CA.

>it's my fault" is exactly what's going on through his head before he goes batshit insane.
It becomes apparent to him just before he goes apeshit, up until this point he was rather ok, saying to himself that Kite is ok, expecting that pitou can still reverse his mistake.

I don't know how much he indeed was responsible for Kite's death, Ging and Kite-girl would not admit his blame anyway. But the fact that he first expected to be a hero and later got to think he was responsible is just that: he was proven wrong at least in his own eyes.
>>
I refuse to read this massive walks of text in this thread. I just wanted to say that the ant arc sucked massive black dick. And the gay orgy jokes killed any redeeming qualities it might have had.
>>
>>153215114
sure, he does experience defeat, and quite a lot. in fact, most (if not all) characters in the show do, and up until CA it doesn't seem to phase him. in fact, the only defeat that seems to weigh heavily on him is the one to Knuckle, purely because it means he can't go back for Kite. I don't think he is proven "wrong" in fighting uphill battles, making it through almost unscathed, and growing in power and maturity as a result.

not getting to meet Ging after GI is more the product of Ging's flaws, if anything. he can't stand the idea of anybody judging him for being a shitty father. thankfully it ends up biting him in the ass later.

you do have a point though. most of the time he sets out to get things his way through pure determination and skullduggery. a lot of the time that does not work out, but usually it does because of his other traits. namely, the rapidity at which he makes friends, his ability to impress people (even enemies) and the uncharacteristic knack he has for formulating plans.

I agree he's not perfect, but I still don't think that "all the show does is basically prove Gon wrong".

>soon he will realise what a terrible friend he was to Killua in CA.
hopefully. I didn't think that was handled very well. he just has a cheeky moment with Killua before climbing the world tree and both just forget about it. yet in Killua's perspective it seemed almost traumatic.

>up until this point he was rather ok, saying to himself that Kite is ok, expecting that pitou can still reverse his mistake.
it's hard to tell whether he was deluding himself or truly believed he could be brought back. I would assume the latter, since the realization ends up hitting him so damn hard. nevertheless, he always did seem to take responsibility for it.
>>
>>153202570
Thread should have ended here.
>>
>>153216729
replying to yourself
>>
File: HxH 1999 2.jpg (2MB, 3832x2400px) Image search: [Google]
HxH 1999 2.jpg
2MB, 3832x2400px
>>153194943
The issue is that you watched 2011. The 1999 version is the good one.
>>
>>153198175
Stopped reading that bullshit right there.
>>
>>153194943
if you take out the really terribly written arcs like Greed Island and the awful plot conveniences like Alluka it might almost be as good as the fanboys make it out to be.
>>
>>153205789
The great thing about Nen is that is capable of explaining almost every single power system on other series. In Dragon Ball pretty much everyone is an Emitter or Enhancer, in JoJo they are Conjurers, in Naruto they are Manipulators and Specialists, etc.
>>
>>153217920
Stands are emission since normal people can't see them.
>>
>>153211636
that fucking moment
134 is the peak of the arc
>>
>>153214317
Why would I continue when its so horrible already.
>>
>>153218076
yeah
>>
10/10 as a shounen. a 7/10 as a normal anime
>>
>>153219847
Perfectly agreeable.
>>
>>153219847
8/10 as a manga.
>>
>>153200780
admit it, you just enjoy ass pull tail for the tiddies
>>
>>153200780
How is fairy tail better than HxH
>>
>>153220711
it is not, he just prefers it. OPs main objections are that it is boring and slow, that's just a taste, we all were there when we enjoyed a good dbz fight over something detailed and complex
>>
>>153200829
The best thing in the series is character development. Usually a shounen character development is getting angrier or just working out until he gets stronger. Going from murder tyrant villain to totally not villainous waifufag is a big change that I was not used seeing in a shounen.
>>
Pitou is my favorite, she is the best girl and the most erotic one.
>>
File: Blonde Pitou.jpg (157KB, 1800x1271px) Image search: [Google]
Blonde Pitou.jpg
157KB, 1800x1271px
>>153221048
I agree.
>>
File: co8hq2euqdA.jpg (19KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
co8hq2euqdA.jpg
19KB, 240x260px
>>153221048
Pitou is best but she's pure
>>
>>153221048
Hisoka stomps her in erotica you horny 12yearoldtwat.
>>
>>153221048
Pouf can literally become anything you want to fuck, he can read your feelings to know when you are sad and rather get killed than doing something that will be against your best interests or being disloyal to you. Literally best girl
>>
>>153221155
Fag.
>>
>>153221207
Nah, he can't become you__________
>>
>>153221259
Of course he can. He can hypnotize you into thinking he is you.
>>
>>153221207
pouf did not understand shit about meruem's feelings lol.
>>
>>153221416
He knew exactly what his feelings were, just underestimated it. You can argue against it, but his actions were due to maximum loyalty to his king. You saw what happened in the end, Meruem stopped being ant king and become something else because Pouf failed to protect him from the vicious nature of the succubus.
>>
>>153221544
fuck, that's right, he wouldn't have been able to sense danger for Kingness in Komugi if he couldn't understand the impact she was having on him. Shit, now I like him even more
>>
>>153194943
You forgot about all the ass pull power ups the main guys keep pulling out of nowhere.

I honestly feel that early Naruto is a better hxh.

I guess hxh is better than jojo at least since Jojo is built on ass pulls
>>
>>153198232
Only took a couple decades to do what good mangaka can do in a couple arcs.
>>
>>153199407
False as fuck.

There are manga with far better adventures and far better characters who are also constantly doing shit that effects their series on a global scale.
>>
Ok so I started Hunter X Hunter a week or so ago. I just got finished with the Yorknew arc, and I got to the Greed Island part.

The things, I don't know why but my interst in this series just suddenly dropped to nearly nothing. I don't know why, it's not like there's anything in particular I hate about the arc. I just... Suddenly stopped caring as much.

Did anyone else have the same kinda problem I'm having?
>>
>>153221875

You don't have to immediately resolve a plot point the moment it's introduced. Hell One Piece, the greatest shonen ever, has unresolved plot points over a decade old
>>
>>153200055
Not op but I too was greatly disappointed in all the fan boys who hype this show up. There only a few good parts in the entire thing.

It's all just boring and ass pulls and one dimensional characters.

The world building is shit. The character interactions are shit.

The only thing it has going for it is some interesting powers but even that gets annoying with all the explaining that goes on with it.
>>
>>153222015
examples?

>>153221799
alluka is literally the only asspull in the series
>>
It absolutely bothered the shit out of me that Gon did not listen to the message about his mother.

I get WHY he didn't, his aunt is basically his mom and he thinks that his real mom abandoned him. But the fucked up thing is, he doesn't know. Maybe his mom is dead, or maybe she was just some bitch. I guess the reason I consider it fucked up is because Ging actually DID leave Gon. And his only message he left behind was basically "don't ever come looking for me". I guess it's just weird that Gon has no interest in his mother but really wants to see his father, when his father basically abandoned him just like his mom did
>>
>>153222216
do you even know what are character dimensions? or did you just hear that word used around and decided you will use it for characters you did not like?
>>
>>153222156
Greed Island is just really boring compared to all the things going on in Yorknew, this sounds like an expected reaction
>>
What is your favorite ending music?
>>
>>153222287
Did you only watch the 2011 version?
His aunt says she fought for custody with Ging
>>
>>153222452
>His aunt says she fought for custody with Ging
that's 1999 only
>>
>>153222287

Because he knew absolutely nothing about her and Gon is the type of guy to not care about anything not close to him. The main reasons he took an interest in Gin was because of Kaito and the stories that he heard about him. Even then, finding him was just something to do and he didn't really care about Gin
>>
>>153222400

I guess I'm just surprised at how much Greed Island has killed my excitement. I mean I practically watched the first 60 episodes in 3 days I was so into it. Then Greed Idland just... seemed to suck all the fun out of the show.

Seriously I can't really explain why. I can't point to any element I find particularly shitty. The bad guy has a kinda interesting ability, even if it did need like 5 minutes just to explain how it worked. Maybe it's the fact that the Phantom Troupe went from main antagonists to just... hanging out? I really don't know. All I do know is that I've tried to get back into Hunter X Hunter 3 times since then. Gon just learned the rock paper scissors thing and I cannot muster any sort of enthusiasm
>>
>>153222517
Is that so?
Guess I'm mixing them up, my bad
>>
>>153215620
I don't remember any gay or orgy jokes
>>
>>153221544
>bloody poofters are THIS delusional
>>
>>153222160
But they get resolved or at least mentioned or even hinted in cover stories
>>
>>153222015
Can you name them?
>>
>>153222601
Watch the full match with Razor and Gon vs Genthru and you are good to go to the next arc. I guess you are just not a fan of training and mmorpg. This arc was probably meant to get you lubed for filler-like worlds that seem inconsistent with an established world. You will undestand what I mean in the next arc.
>>
>>153222797

They eventually got resolved in x amount of time just like hxh. It's part of world building. The spiders do stuff besides mess with the protag and his friends while Gon plays a mmo his dad made for hunters. The world is big and doesn't just revolve around the protagonist unlike the mistake a ton of other shounen manga make
>>
>>153222156

I always thought it was kinda funny that Gon gets angry at those guys early on in Greed Island because they're calling it a death game and all this shit. He's angry that they're not appreciating it as a game or some shit.

But, a LOT of the people who enter this just fucking get killed. Heck most of the people who enter die and he barely escapes death. I mean those guys were being a little harsh maybe but yeah Ging and his friends basically made a game that murdered hundreds of people if you think about it
>>
>>153222517
Pretty sure it was in the manga.
>>
>>153222517
The part that's 99 only was stating Gon's mother was dead.
>>
>>153223055

Because most players were dicks and didn't want to play properly. It was probably an amazing game if it weren't for the playerbase. /v/ermin cancer
>>
File: 1465719692759.jpg (390KB, 850x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1465719692759.jpg
390KB, 850x1165px
>>153194943
>What's so great about Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>153222450

the one that goes like tooo tududu-dudu tooo tudooo, tudu too tududu-dudu too tudoo at the start

can't remember the name
>>
>>153222865
Would be spoilers for those who haven't read.

If you read it then you should already know how many organizations and key players are set in motion from one side character going on a journey of vengeance.

Another example is when the main characters are fighting in one part of the world and causes a very powerful enemy in an entirely different nation to stop fucking up that country because of the shit storm the main cast are causing.

There's many other examples
>>
>>153223136

I do kind of agree with you, except for the fact that you can totally kill the shit out of people anyhow. It's not like the bad guys found a loophole in the system, they just killed people with their normal nen powers.

I do see your point and I mostly agree. But I was also thinking that the game DOES have a win state, and one way to get cards as shown is totally to gank other players
>>
>>153222517
Read the manga. It's on the first chapter.
>>
>>153223147

Hisoka pls
>>
>>153223147
Madhouse
>>
>>153223179
Hunting for your dreams. Good taste. Probably best of 2011.
>>
File: mach.jpg (184KB, 838x491px) Image search: [Google]
mach.jpg
184KB, 838x491px
>>153223409
>>153223479
>>
>>153223231

The whole book system was supposed to be a check against random killings but the players just went around it. Not to mention that it was literally a game and almost nobody knew what you got for winning. The guy who put money up for winning fuckef everything up. The creators couldn't have known people would take it that seriously.
>>
>>153223193
...So, you think that bigger scale makes a series automatically better? You know that underage kids are not allowed here, right?
>>
>>153223645
learn to read retard
>>
>>153223507
wow, can't believe you actually recognized it, i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>153223193
I don't care about spoilers. Name the better adventure manga.
>>
>>153222450
Hunting for your dream > Just Awake > the second chimera ant one > the greed island one > the first chimera ant one
>>
>>153223193
spoiler tags exist for a reason
>>
File: 1417452311731.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417452311731.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>153220711
>How is fairy tail better than HxH

well it has better art
>>
>>153211822
I was riveted the entire way. Not a single moment was wasted.
>>
>>153211835
I believe Togashi said that he personally wouldn't finish it but I hope he can get out enough to be a good conclusion like the parts that the anime adapted. I'd be fine with the series ending with all the stuff that needs to be explained done with.
>>
>>153194943

the dirty hobo
>>
>>153223645
I didn't say anything about the scale. Just pointing out the fact that characters besides the main cast can have huge effects on the world and other important and side characters.

In something like hxh the only thing that matters and have any effects on the series are the main characters and usually only when the story is focused on them.

Like how did the world change or was effected by leorio or kurapika during greed island or chimera arc? Two huge arcs and during that entire time those two characters may as well not even exist.

Hxh has good world building my ass.
>>
>>153223521
Best Hunter x Hunter, if you know what I mean
>>
File: 1470605159802.jpg (55KB, 475x550px) Image search: [Google]
1470605159802.jpg
55KB, 475x550px
>>153224163
>I believe Togashi said that he personally wouldn't finish it
Please don't spread stupid shit like that, some retard might believe you
>>
>>153217130
While the art is definitely better and a few choice cuts of animation are good, the 1999 anime as a whole sucks.
>>
>>153219847
It's far better than a ton of anime. It's a good anime/manga on its own even outside of the shounen classification.
>>
File: 1465708978932.jpg (285KB, 536x750px) Image search: [Google]
1465708978932.jpg
285KB, 536x750px
>>153224277
elaborate
>>
>>153221799
>You forgot about all the ass pull power ups the main guys keep pulling out of nowhere.
Not a single one
>>
>>153224261
you know, world building is all one piece has going for it, everything else is mediocre to straight up shit
>>
>>153223193
Naming a manga that has a good adventure is not a spoiler
>>
>>153222601
You can probably watch the most important parts and be fine to move on. Once you get to the Chimera Ant arc you'll be strapped in and you won't stop.
>>
>>153223055
I'm sure they knew some people were going to die when they created it as hunters have to face fatal situations all the time, but they expected you to be able to have fun as the game isn't that hard if you're a hunter. It's supposed to be challenging. What fucked it was the mystery that built up behind it. If a few guys had gone in first, played and finished the game as intended, and told everyone it was a fun game with no super serious prize at the end it would have been fine.
>>
File: HxH 1999.jpg (2MB, 1773x1997px) Image search: [Google]
HxH 1999.jpg
2MB, 1773x1997px
>>153224384
>the 1999 anime as a whole sucks
That's factually wrong though. It's much better than 2011.
>>
>>153222287
He already had a mom. He didn't have a dad. It's simple. Plus he met Kite as a kid and that showed him that his dad was cool so he had to meet him.
>>
>>153224261
>In something like hxh the only thing that matters and have any effects on the series are the main characters

So, Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio

>Like how did the world change or was effected by leorio or kurapika during greed island or chimera arc?

Nice logic there. Why am I even replying to this bait? You say that in hxh, side characters don't have impact on the events? What about Neon? What about Bizeff? What about goddamn Welfin? He was the one who basically concluded the whole ant arc by reminding king about Komugi. I could continue on and on.

Not to mention you are talking about the scale again. Why would the characters have to have a huge effect on the world to be important? Why does the series have to focus on world-scale events to be entertaining and meaningful?
>>
>>153224670
didn't Genthru know he would just be taking some random artifacts to sell?
>>
>>153224261
>In something like hxh the only thing that matters and have any effects on the series are the main characters and usually only when the story is focused on them.
Wow this is hilariously wrong. The only thing that the main characters matter for are their own stories. Their stuff may intersect with a bigger threat like the spiders but Gon and Killua hardly had much of an impact on what happened to them. The spiders were all Killua's story so why shouldn't he have an affect on them?

>Like how did the world change or was effected by leorio or kurapika during greed island or chimera arc?
Why would they be somewhere they're not needed when they have business of their own? You just contradicted yourself.
>>
>>153224799
I don't really know what you mean.
>>
>>153224976
he knew what he was in for when he entered the game (your clear it take some cards you like and then make cash)
>>
>>153224925
>The spiders were all Killua's story[...]
Kurapika's
FTFY
>>
>>153225028
Well yeah but that's because the game was built up as a huge mystery already. If there was no mystery of what you get when you win then there'd be no incentive to kill others.
>>
Even if a show is good, it doesn't mean it's for everyone.

HxH isn't about having a focus or a resolution, it's just a testbed for the author to drop some crazy ideas and play with reader's expectations, hoping some kind of coherence in the world stays afloat.
>>
File: 1371058329294.gif (96KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1371058329294.gif
96KB, 275x275px
>Friends say what a great show HxH is and how I have to watch it.
>Go over to hang one day and they happen to be watching it.
>*Character does something
>*Narrator talks about what the character did, what they were thinking when they did it, what the implications of the thing are for those around the character
>This happens in, Every, Fucking, Cut.

How does one go about liking this fucking bullshit? I'm watching the scene, I don't need everything on screen repeated in narration for fuck sake
>>
>>153225759
Its super exciting when Dancho narates his thoughts, the other arcs, not so much
>>
>>153225759
You watched a scene from the latter episodes where every action has a consequence
>>
>>153225759
The narration works pretty well in the manga. The problem with 2011 is that they copied everything without realizing things won't work exactly the same way with animation.
>>
File: 1464417671492.png (32KB, 228x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464417671492.png
32KB, 228x225px
>hunter exam
>shit ton of people dying in every trial
>prisoners who committed horrendous crimes can potentially be freed if those taking the test fail the prisoner fight challenge
I understand that being a hunter needs the best of the best, but this is a straight up blood bath.
I'm going to go easy on the prisoner challenge since it was probably a one time thing, but to release a criminal just because some hunter applications failed is pretty screwed up.
Just imagine, all your friends and family were slaughtered by some asshole, only to see that asshole free in the open again as if he did something wrong
>>
>>153226039
Couldn't these consequences have been shown in a way that wasn't so burdensome to the pacing of the show?
>>
>>153226232
shit I meant to say as if the asshole did nothing wrong and got out of prison. Look I know there's a demand to make the hunter exams less hard core during the re election, I'm just expressing how fucked up I thought it was.
>>
>>153226232
Isn't the sentence reduction practically nill though, they're sentenced up to 3-4 life sentences
>>
>>153225759
that's what you get when you hop straight to the palace invasion arc
>>
>>153226305

The hxh world as a whole is pretty fucked up. They literally turned a whole country into a landfill, have insane kings everywhere, and are under the constant threat of a randomperson being a superpowered murderer
>>
>>153226232
What's funny is that some of those prisoners are in there for nonviolent crimes, and there are literally hunters who have commited crimes 1000 times worse than them but they walk freely.
>>
>>153226638
it's not exactly easy to arrest someone like shalnark or illumi, they tried
>>
>>153226232
That's just the way world in hxh is - fucked up. The hunter in charge of the prison wants to use the prisoners to test candidates, and promising freedom is a great way to get them cooperate. In the end he might not have intention to keep his promise regardless of the result. Who knows.
>>
File: Hunter-X-Hunter-Episode-128.png (2MB, 1443x807px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter-X-Hunter-Episode-128.png
2MB, 1443x807px
>>153222700
Go rewatch the scene where the two any guys find the green guy's body after the nuke explodes and they feed him their "juices" to restore his strength.
>>
Personally, I loved the assault on the palace in the Ant Arc. Some 5 episodes or so took place over the course of 60 seconds and I thought it was cool as fuck, to be honest. I don't really mind narration diving into each character's thought process.

I felt like the characters were rather fleshed out throughout the series, they each had their own set of goals and such, not to mention most of the villians were top notch. All of the Phantom Troupe had a sort of "anti-hero" vibe to them. Villians weren't painted to be some malicious evil force with no respect for anything.

Beginning of the ant arc fucking blows though, I'm almost tempted to tell people to skip everything until Meruem's birth.
>>
File: Greed_Island_Entrance_2011.png (687KB, 864x720px) Image search: [Google]
Greed_Island_Entrance_2011.png
687KB, 864x720px
The logistics of Greed Island bugged the fuck out of me.

You're telling me this group of hunters created this "game", and had the Nen ability to make thousands of cards that had the ability to do things like teleport large groups of people instantly all over the island, or simply to transmute enormous boulders into the size of a playing card? That can't be easy to do, even for the most powerful Nen users, and on such a scale and in such a way that other people can utilize it.

On top of that, what happened to the original inhabitants before the entire island was set aside for this game? Because if there weren't original inhabitants, this group of hunters built the ENTIRE infrastructure, cities, roads, villages, etc from scratch.

And what about the entrance and exit ladies? Are they sentenced to an existence of waiting for players to come and go? They have to constantly stay on duty for all these jackoffs to play their dumb game.
>>
>>153227010
The narration was fine for me too. Worked better in manga, but everything else worked better in the manga anyways. People in general just have really short attention spans, I guess. Everyone screams "Show, don't tell!", but in fact most of the narration was used to convey thoughts and feelings of characters and subtle shit no one would've actually noticed without pointing out. Yes, it slowed down the action. But who cares? What happens inside the characters head is far more interesting to me than cool fights or the results of the battle.
>>
>>153227299
Since you brought it up, how do the game creators feel about the fact that people are killing each other for children's trading card games? Even if that wasn't their intention, do they have any reaction or acknowledged to their game creating a sub society of kill or be killed, survival of the fittest?
>>
I personally really love hunter x hunter. I read through every post in this thread, looking to see if OP posted a 3x3 matrix of what he liked better. If anyone can post examples of what they liked better than hxh please reply to me, because I'm honestly jaded after hxh. I've read one piece and naruto, I'm working on DBZ and the fate series atm.
>>
One of the things I loved about hxh and how it's different from other animes I've seen is how the author just does whatever he wants (my impression at least) like how someone mentioned earlier, the fucked up world and shit. I think it's really creative and I love how conflicts are resolved through intelligence and not brute strength. On my first watch through, I was amazed because I loved. Every. Single. Character. In most shows I have always had a few characters I hated, but I was astounded by how I loved every character in this show. I wondered if the author had a really good understanding of human nature. I hate how in other shows the villains are black and white, in hxh they actually have interesting motives and aren't "evil just because I can and like to hurt people"
>>
>>153227483
>subtle shit no one would've actually noticed without pointing out
Yes. That's the point of subtlety. You're not supposed to point it out you're supposed to be able to pick up on it yourself
>>
>>153194943
This is what happens when you watch HxH 2011
>>
>>153194943
>takes any popular show
>criticizes it to look intelligent / special

wow op you're really intelligent / special
>>
Why is 1999 so much better than 2011?
>>
tfw i read every hxh thread from beginning to end because i miss it so much. I've heard anons say the same thing over and over again but it doesn't get tiring at all. I've reread the manga at least 5 times in like the past 4 months. and watched the anime twice 2011 only. haven't downloaded the 99s version yet. I am so happy when i hear about anything hxh related.

even though there are people that don't like it or are trolling just having people talk about it makes it feel as if its still continuing.
>>
>>153229022
it's not, you're just a contrarian

it had more filler
>>
>>153229133
>tfw i read every hxh thread from beginning to end because i miss it so much. I've heard anons say the same thing over and over again but it doesn't get tiring at all. I've reread the manga at least 5 times in like the past 4 months. and watched the anime twice 2011 only. haven't downloaded the 99s version yet. I am so happy when i hear about anything hxh related.

YES SAME... I have never been affected by an anime so much (since probably FMA) like... watching all other shows just feel empty now. Like, sometimes when meditating I don't know why but I get flashes of that scene where Hisoka Gon and Killua team up to fight Razor. Oh gosh, and the ending montage, man, it's such a shame OP didn't make it to the end! I almost cry. It has been 8 months since I have watched it, I've been searching desperately for another anime to fill the void...
>>
>>153229239
>I've been searching desperately for another anime to fill the void...
what has come close to filling it? i basically rotate between hxh and the monogatari series. I have a huge backlog that i would like to finish but i just don't think that anything that i ever watch can top hxh.
>>
>>153229168
The filler was good though.
>>
>>153224384
>great music
>great artstyle and fantastic sakuga animation
>10/10 direction

What else do you want from an anime adaption?
>>
>>153217130
>>153224763
Do you have more of these?
>>
>>153222601
>he didnt play mmos as a kid
but yeah it was a snooze fest, i did enjoy their training for whatever reason tho and our guy hisoka teams up with them
>>
>>153227570
I doubt they (or at least Ging) gives a shit, he hired a bunch of murderers after all
>>
>>153229945
Not on this computer.
>>
>>153228795
Yes, generally so. But in this case, that subtle shit actually affects the outcome rather than just creating impression that things aren't actually the way they seem to be. This time those subtle things have to be noted in order to follow the plot and connect the dots, which is why narration is necessary.
>>
File: RKLbYdL.png (129KB, 556x437px) Image search: [Google]
RKLbYdL.png
129KB, 556x437px
>>153195943
good to see this autist is hasn't faltered
>>
what 3 cards would you guys take upon beating greed island? http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Greed_Island_Card_Lists
Mad scientists pheromones is a given along with doyens virility pills, being the voyeur that i am, id probably end with something cute like gold dust/aromatherapy girl or miniature mermaid/dragon
>>
File: embarrassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>153230628
fuck i meant to say being the voyeur that i am i might pick secrets video rental, there are just too many good cards, a separate question what are the most op cards
>>
>>153230254
Damn, would you mind linking where you got them?
>>
>>153212508
>Translation: I'm an 2011 faggot who can't handle being called out for fucking up the fanbase
Even the Hisoka/Chrollo shitfest wasn't as bad as you faggots.
>>
File: HxH 10 and 11.jpg (314KB, 700x829px) Image search: [Google]
HxH 10 and 11.jpg
314KB, 700x829px
>>153230778
I just collected them on /a/.
>>
Sleeping Girl - Sleeps for me so I never get tired, also can be used as flesh light.

Mood clock - After shit posting for 300 hrs straight I may get bored, when that happens I will reset my mood.

Virtual Restaurant - Never have to cook meals again.
>>
>>153231042
alternatively instead of Virtual Restaurant I could use Lonely Sapphire and hire my own cooks and maids. I don't have family or friends anyway.
>>
>>153231120
maid panda almost made the cut for me for the same reason
>>
>>153194943
>watched 132 episodes
You have 16 episodes left. Just finish it, you pansy.
>>
File: 1445806221309.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445806221309.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>153229945
>>153230778
I got you.
>>
I like how the fanbase straight up stopped giving shit about defending their show and just casually started talking which cards they would pick.
>>
File: 1466055972417.jpg (160KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466055972417.jpg
160KB, 750x1000px
>>153230911
Fugetsu is best prince
>>
>>153231408
u know you want to pick 3 too, join us its fun
>>
File: Haruhara.Haruko.full.54349.jpg (468KB, 1600x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Haruhara.Haruko.full.54349.jpg
468KB, 1600x1944px
>>153196485
Pretty much this, also sums up why I don't "like" One Piece even though I know its a good anime. I just don't care for endless shounen sagas that span hundreds of episodes and multiple arcs.

high budget mini-series/OVAs are where its at, with the exception of CCS which breaks all the rules and somehow manages to be GOAT in a typical season half hour run.
>>
>>153194943
>the "main plot" of kid wants to find his dad isn't really being actively pursued throughout the show with the exception of the greed island arc. There's no sense of urgency to find ging and yorknew city, heavens arena and the chimera ant arcs have very little to do with gon finding gin or even getting closer to him.
The point of the show is that the goal of a journey isn't as important as the experiance. Ging literally says so himself later on.

I could get into the other shit, but that's mostly subjective and it's pointless to talk about because you obviously didn't understand what you were watching anyway.
>>
>>153231587
well to be fair in One Pieces case, don't watch the anime. Just read the manga.
>>
I don't wanna be that guy, but am I the only one who feels HxH is superior to FMAB?
>>
File: readthemangap2.png (295KB, 780x703px) Image search: [Google]
readthemangap2.png
295KB, 780x703px
>>153232017
is this a copypasta?

Of course hxh is better.
>>
Post Pitou please.
>>
The world was crazy if you think about what some anons said. Considering how the hunter exams were mostly dire die or survive simulations or how greed island turned into a real life murder simulator to win cards, and what some characters sacrifice to accomplish something, the series kind of gives a means justify the ends vibe.
>>
File: 8a3.png (47KB, 281x245px) Image search: [Google]
8a3.png
47KB, 281x245px
>>153232106
No.
>>
>>153232143
tell me a shonen where world was not crazy
>>
>>153232424
I think what really needs to be said is HxH does a good job of world building and making the reader aware that things are much bigger than just what the main characters are dealing with at the time.
>>
>>153217130
Not being sarcastic, that shipwreck island filler was the best.
>>
>>153223043
To bad hxh has taken 20 years to get to where One Piece got to in 4.
>>
>>153229004
>call people who criticize hxh unintelligent
>use same criticisms for every other show in order to sound intelligent
>>
>>153229168
>thinks filler can't be good
>>
File: 1475644992166.png (305KB, 429x396px) Image search: [Google]
1475644992166.png
305KB, 429x396px
>>153231587
>watching One Piece
No wonder you didn't enjoy it
>>
>>153224293
this face..not natural
>>
>>153229556
Oooo I should try the monogatari series next.
I read tower of god but only the first "season" it does have that thinking/analyzing battles vibe and a bit of depth. Later I watched fate zero on a friends recommendation and the fight scenes were pretty dope and characters pretty cute. Eventually accepted life and moved on back into anime, watching kobayashi and konosuba... I am trying to watch DBZ since togashi and kishimoto were inspired by it; also tried to watch YuYu since it was also by togashi but it just wasn't as good as HxH in my opinion (some people say the opposite) DBZ does have that idgaf let's have fun vibe (vs naruto or one piece where they are serious and goal driven)

But if any anons have recommendations to cope with HxH withdrawal let me know!
>>
>>153235630
>DBZ isn't serious but One Piece is
Anon, I think you've got that ass-backwards. DBZ is about aliens committing genocide and bleak futures where mankind is extinct, One Piece is about a bunch of shit that happens when some kids want to play at being pirates but never actually rob anyone.

Anyway, you HAVE already gone through FMA, right?
>>
>>153235708
>gone
oh yes !! FMA was my one true anime before hxh
Ah i'm still in the first series, sorry I meant dragon ball. They're still goofing off and making crude jokes. I knew one day I would watch all of it so I sheltered myself from spoilers.
>>
>>153235735
>I meant dragon ball
Ah, well that's different. The first 13 volumes of the manga are the good ones.
Not sure where to guide you from here though.
>>
File: 14_16_10_2011_09_09_21.jpg (279KB, 1759x1300px) Image search: [Google]
14_16_10_2011_09_09_21.jpg
279KB, 1759x1300px
>>153211636
Could have done without the gay orgy.
>>
>>153226277
It's not burdensome you're just not used to it. It's fine if you watch the show as intended.
>>
>>153227010
I agree. The episode where Killua runs a few steps down a hallway then turns around is fantastic. Not even being sarcastic.

>Beginning of the ant arc fucking blows
No

>>153227299
Some nen powers are stupid specific or powerful depending on how much the user is willing to sacrifice. The entrance and exit ladies may be the ones controlling the cards (if I didn't forget somebody) or something who knows. And it's always a long time before new players come in. Maybe they do other things or are just so boring that they're fine with their lives being sitting at desks.
>>
>>153228300
Togashi is pretty old so I think he has a good understanding of people which allowed him to create great characters. New mangaka are pretty shut in which is why you get a lot of retarded shit in today's anime and manga that doesn't make any sense from a realistic standpoint at all. HxH is about the characters so it's important he knew what characters were like and was able to resolve things as needed and not by a spirit bomb.
>>
>>153235811
Nooo!! I love the gay orgy. And I love hisoka's boners and pedo moments. I love netero's heart gesture. It's the author's idgaf let's do whatever I want attitude and having fun before having to be politically correct
>>
File: Hisoka gets hard.png (79KB, 506x499px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka gets hard.png
79KB, 506x499px
>>153236048
Hisoka's boners yes.
>>
File: hundterxhunter.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hundterxhunter.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>153228795
If there were no narration a lot of stuff wouldn't make any sense. It was fine and if you were really invested it actually added. You can't cut out every character's inner monologue just for them to run up the stairs faster. However it would probably be cool to see things without the exposition so you understand just how quick everything happens like in this gif.
>>
>>153229239
I think about the final episode every day or every few days. It blew my mind so hard I couldn't believe it. I'll never watch something that revelatory again.
>>
>>153235811
>>153211636
Yeah H x H is really great show but this part really kind of put me off of it. Not judging or anything but not for me. Also it hard to recommend this anime because of scenes like that.
>>
>>153236102
I know right... their friendship is so pure

OH! Speaking of, I thought of something else that was super super good and wholesome, top of its league, filled the void, though it wasn't anime. It was seinfield, the jokes and story is on another tier compared to a lot of comedies these days. And that one had an ending montage too and seriously it made me feel things too. I still listen to the song. There's a reason he's still making money off of it 20 years later.
>>
It's kinda hard to believe that Gon-san was as strong as Meruem when he got his arm torn off pretty easily even if he allowed it to happen. It really looks like Meruem is a lot stronger than Gon-san considering all the serious beatings he takes with little damage.
>>
NEW CHAPTER WHEN, FUCK.
>>
>>153235811
First of all that's not an orgy you idiot. Second of all there's nothing wrong with that scene and it's not a joke.
>>
I think it's pretty funny when during the dragon dive scene it says they jumped off of a giant bird when it's clearly a fucking dragon.
>>
>>153236337
MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT HE'LL DIE BEFORE FINISHING THE SERIES
>>
File: 1476435135.png (207KB, 497x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1476435135.png
207KB, 497x1267px
>>153236337
Surely next year, not even rumors about his return in this days.
>>
>>153236502
The irony of the man whose work is most desirable and awaited on by fans
Is the man who doesn't care about popularity or demand, only working when he feels like it.

V.s shit mangas that upload regularly but isn't wanted, or people who care about being popular- but unwanted.

Also I think I read in an interview somewhere that Togashi tried to balance work and rest/sleep but when he took even a day or week off he became massively backlogged and that may be why he couldn't update so much. For anyone interested, in November there was a Jump-Ryu done on him (interview + watching him draw a manga cover) and that satiated my appetite for a bit
>>
>>153194943

>making judgment from WATCHING HxH

literally kill yourself right now
>>
>>153194943
>tl;dr thinking HxH is simply about Gon trying to find his father

If you had such a simple-minded expectation of HxH it's no wonder you didn't enjoy it. Seems you expected nothing else - HxH is about a lot more than that. It was never really a main part of the plot.. just a background goal.
>>
>>153197242
That's fucking stupid. It's not an either or thing. Maybe you just have poor standards.
>>
Is every Bounty Hunter who kills Hunters a Hunter Hunter?
>>
>>153237814
no, but I am
>>
>>153237814
You have to pass the exam to be a hunter.
>>
What Nene type would you like to have

and what would you do with it?
>>
>>153238161
Fourth dimensional apartment complex is the most useful power ever created. Have your own huge house with no taxes that only you can access from anywhere you put a portal.
>>
>>153227010
I unironically believe the palace invasion til the end of the arc is a masterpiece, in the manga. It's not that good in the anime, narration doesn't really translate well and neither does the timing. But Togashi was at the absolute top of his art game, not necessarily in terms of how polished it was, but in his ability to convey the story well. As in the actual composition and paneling and how he used it to convey time dilation, the sheer intensity of emotion present, the creative imagery and unusual/unique moments (like the poem at the end with the reveal that the dictator had outsmarted everyone all along, I can't imagine that sort of scene in another battle manga), the way he managed to tell so many fully realized character arcs at once, etc. I like the whole series, but that specific part of the manga was fucking masterful. No wonder it took him so long, it's not the sort of thing you can pull off writing it as you go.
>>
>>153236073
The purpose of narration isn't really to convey information though, that could easily be done through dialogue and much of it was redundant. There's a reason the ant arc was narrated but the other arcs weren't, and that's because the main function (in this case at least) is to create atmosphere. When you've got an omniscient third party talking about a situation, it suggests that it's significant on a large scale and it gives it a lot of weight and tension. In other arcs, it's really just about Gon and co and things that affect them on a small scale, it doesn't need that grand feeling of importance.
>>
>>153238161
Nen that makes every girl fall for me and have sex with me any way I want

Limitations:
>only works on girls that can make my penis erect
>only works on girls
>younger than 28 (Christmas Cake age)
>it ends after I ejaculate inside their manko

Seems fair, I think

(Manipulation)
>>
>>153239329
Not bad
>>
>>153224428
Machi isn't a hunter
>>
File: 5635733576.jpg (69KB, 601x641px) Image search: [Google]
5635733576.jpg
69KB, 601x641px
Since half the posts are shit talking the narration, is there anyone else who loved it? For it made the CA arc one the most intese things I've ever read. I still remember the first pages of the assault panel by panel. Didn't watch the anime.
>>
>>153232017
I think it too but I also think FMA is the most overrated thing here.
>>
>>153232017

From a purely anime adaptadion comparison, no, it isn't

FMAB is a much better anime than HxH, much more consistent, not too long, no real boring parts other than the first 14 episodes

HxH is a much better manga (or shonen series in general) on the other hand
>>
The constant bait replies in this thread are one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>153194943
That's because the show's flow is everything that Fairy Tail doesn't have/is not. This can be seen as either a good thing or bad thing and I personally see it as a bad thing.

Despite how shitty Fairy Tail can be in terms of friendship asspulls, the flow of the series including the sidearcs and episodes were very enjoyable. I believe that the author understood that an off-the-bat goal taking the whole series to reach fruition is insanely difficult to pull off.
>>
>>153238974
It's almost tragic that such an incredible story is stuck in the middle of a hundreds of chapters long shounen manga and will never receive the recognition it deserves.
>>
File: 1465446945806.png (174KB, 996x435px) Image search: [Google]
1465446945806.png
174KB, 996x435px
>>153194943
>>
How in the world is HxH an adventure series? They don't adventure anywhere.
>>
>>153194943
I watched the first 10 episodes I dropped because I can't fucking stand Gon and Killua. I usually like shonen mangas but I found them really annoying.
>>
>>153224384
Slow down there jethro. I think it did everything better until the greed island arc (2011 > ova).

God damn, the Ora! from Uvo in the 99 version is so good.
>>
>>153240342
>I watched the first 10 episodes I dropped
typical
>>
>>153239956
he looks so different
>>
>>153239729
at times it was intense but other times he talked more than characters did in the episode also morel the real MVP anyway I ignored this thread yesterday and don't feel like reading this the same old same old
>>
>>153238974
Real dictator outsmarting everyone? All he did was doing literally nothing with his nation and people eaten up while having his "peaceful" time..
>>
>>153205681
Suicídate
>>
>>153198175
That's like closing a tab after fapping.
>>
>>153194943
One of the best anines ever. The author is a genious..thd world and caractershe created is breathtaking. And theres tge uniq leveling and skills that the series has. Dont he stupid finish those 20ep and go read the manga....The DARK contibebt arc is gonna be crazy.. And the build up is insane(don freaks). Not to msntion that we finnaly got the so much anticipeyed fight betwen HISOKA AND YES CHROLOLO LUCIFER, and its orgazming..the fight is anazibg and so is its conclusion
>>
>>153194943
ya watched it for 132 episodes i don't think anyone needs to explain anything to you
hell, i'm not even reading the rest of your post but you literally watched 132 episodes of it man that's way more dedication than some people have
>>
File: hiso.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hiso.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>153240272
>Greed Island
>CA
>Dark Continent
>>
>>153240272
Adventure doesn't necessarily mean exploring uncharted lands.
See >>153199563
>>
>>153245071
Illumi has a lot of emotions around Hisoki.....
>>
>>153246302
I suppose he finds Hisoka... illuminating
>>
>>153194943
show isn't about "kid wants to find his dad" or really any main plot at all, show is about characters doing things. main character just happens to want to find his dad eventually

>>153194970
you're right on most counts here, show is overrated for all its pacing issues and desperate need to tell us three times about everything that happens (except for a couple of majorly important things that deserved the same treatment but didn't get it). the show's actual storytelling and pacing are by far its weakest points. that said, for apparently appreciating yorknew city it's surprising you think kurapika "just kind of forgets about" the spiders. show is literally about character development and his character had been heading in that direction for a while. yorknew city arc in particular was, on both sides, about the conflict of mission/duty with friendship/emotional bonds and what's really important

>>153195004
show meanders because life meanders, sometimes pieces are put into play just to exist, most return eventually. melody clearly has her day coming somewhere down the road. you're on the money with leorio, anime does him dirty but I've heard he gets more play in the manga.
>>
>>153247677
>show meanders because life meanders
Yes, and the characters are boring because most people in life are boring.
The shitty exposition dumps are there because you have to listen to those in real life too.
The art is shitty and generic because most works are shitty and generic.

Truly a masterpiece of our times.
>>
Good mix of a conventional theme with creative twists.

Very diligent about avoiding power creep.

Strong characters & character development.

Strong world.

Arcs are all fairly unique in feel and structure.

Multiple compelling long running unresolved plots.

I like how the mechanics of the Anime work. Nen is actually really cool.

All the filler is actually good.

Good art/music.

Feels remarkably low on asspull mechanics.

The only things I didn't like was that it was retreading old ground when it comes to anime tropes, I mean it's REALLY conventional, and the Greed Island arc was so stupid conceptually it was a massive headbanger.
>>
>>153232017
First few episodes of FMAB were snorefest, but I already watched earlier version.

It resolved in very satisfying way though, and was more original than HxH.

I preferred FMAB overall.
>>
>>153248723
that's a big post

>>153248823
>It resolved in very satisfying way though, and was more original than HxH.

what in the fuck

how in the fuck was FMAB more original in any way than HxH

the entire final part was the worst part of the entire manga
>>
>>153248304
Can't help you on characters, they were enjoyable enough if not the best
I agreed the shitty exposition dumps were shitty in my post
The art is generic as fuck and I had trouble believing I was watching Madhouse

6/10 it was enjoyable but overrated
>>
>>153239729
Yes many people have said they liked it.
>>
>>153239729
That's how I felt. The explanation was great in the manga, every millisecond counted. I also didn't watch the animated version, and am in no rush to do so.
>>
>>153239816
It's subjective. While I love FMAB none of it really struck me as much as HXH did.
>>
>>153250191
Gon's transformation in the anime is fantastic.
>>
>>153249330
>how in the fuck was FMAB more original in any way than HxH

FMAB features a character that is a young boy in the form of a suit of armor, and a cripple with magic limbs.

HxH has one character that is happy go lucky protagonist, one is tall doctor, one character is muh people were killed so I am dark and brooding, one person was raised to be dark and brooding. It's pretty damn similar to other Shonen right off the bat, it's original in the sense a remix is.

I do not know how you can squeeze so many conventional tropes into one series like HxH did. It feels like it was made by somebody who watched anime 24/7.
>>
>>153250331
the "premise" is not original because every fucking shonen STOLE the premise from HxH

the only thing that did something similar before HxH was YYH and Togahsi made that too
>>
>>153250331
This has to be bait
>>
>ctfl+f yotube
>0 results
Fucking niggers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY3deSWuO58
>>
>>153250501
>50 minutes
Jesus Christ anon, you really expect me to watch that?
I mean it's not like I don't have anything better to do even after having seen both versions of the anime, but still
>>
When's the next chapter?

https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/
>>
>>153195943
I'm not even gay, and I agree. He's such a strong, handsome man.

Has anyone noticed how much of a tsundere he becomes in season 2?
>>
>>153250191
I'd rather treasure the memories of reading the manga. Plus I don't like the style 2011 seems to have.
>>
>>153250461
This entire thread and like 1/4 of the posts are bait. Mostly 2011fags getting baited.
>>
MCs in FMAB did not develop for shit, viewer only likes them because of their fucked up past, Naruto did the same basically.. Jokes were repeated way too much, some of them were ruining the seriousness of the show. Deus ex machina everywhere, from hughes death, vinry getting to hear about he parrents to literal god's intervention in scar's fight. Main villain was neat, but waaay too inhuman, other humunculi were plain friezas with single traits. And the resolution undid almost all the sad shit that happened in the story, 5 years after the story nobody would even know that something happened. the love the show receives is due to intro's, outro's, sakuga and vinry's tits.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.