[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 64

File: 1484619403017.jpg (44KB, 726x683px) Image search: [Google]
1484619403017.jpg
44KB, 726x683px
I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show
I legit thought this was gonna be a good series with all the "trigger saved anime once again" memes and shit but no, every episode has some sort of morale.
In fact,this is the type of show that i could see airing on nickelodeon.
>>
>this is just a fucking kids show
Exactly. That's the reason why people like it.
>>
The movies were refreshing because of that fact. as a series it's nothing special, and it shows in sales.
>>
>>153172609
Obviously. Why would you expect something else?
>>
>>153172609
sorry it isnt about little girls going through some horribly traumatic existential crisis with some kind of 2deep4u religious subplot that is a scathing social commentary on contemporary problems.

some people just want to enjoy a nice story about young people going to magic school rather than some edge lord tragedy disguised as slice of life.
>>
>>153172640
Actually no.
It's the reason why people are complaining about the simplistic and inconsistent writing and characters.
Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything, learning dragonspeak at 12 yo, and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract.
Or the students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled.
It's a huge disappointment.
>>
>>153172738
>Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything, learning dragonspeak at 12 yo, and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract

This might be an indication that, for all their arrogance, the staff are actually pretty incompetent on the whole, with only a handful of the teachers actually knowing or caring how to do their jobs.
>>
>>153172737
This
Also each character is worth
they has individual personality
>>
>>153172609
Just you wait. The wild ride has yet to begin
>>
>>153172640
There's a difference between a kids show and a playful show that both adults and children can watch. Kids shows are inherently dumbed down and simplistic to the point where they're only enjoyable for kids (and autistic manchildren).
>>
>>153172609
>I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show

Anime is for children. What were you expecting?
>>
>>153172609
Don't trust memes, they're essentially just jokes.
>this is the type of show that i could see airing on nickelodeon.
I agree and that's not a good thing at all.
>>
>>153172738
>students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled
This shit really gets me. Especially since every episode has Akko acting like a little shit but being enabled by the plot and at worst getting some measly chore as punishment.
>>
>>153172829
think it's more a problem of the writer being an hack.
We already got a warning with the second OVA, and the fight between Akko and Amanda in this episode felt exactly as forced and poorly executed as the conflict of Enchanted Parade.
>>
>>153172609
it has been everything i hoped for and im also glad they chose to not put in panty shots even though there is alot of opportunity for it
>>
>>153172991
If you consider that the academy can't afford losing any more students it makes sense, but it also makes the rule of the first episode even more stupid.
Why did it even end up in the script? Wasn't the trio being chased by a cockatrice enough, did it really need some artificial tension completely stupid and inconsistent with everything else?
>>
File: 1486151547272.png (132KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1486151547272.png
132KB, 540x301px
>kyoanus falseflagging threads again
>>
>>153173203
With all the open criticism LWA has been receiving recently the "Muh contrarian hating falseflagging shitposters" strategy doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>153172609
It shouldn't come as a surprise that this board is also filled with the type of degenerates that also browse /co/. Cute girls fumbling around actually doing nothing is all that they need to think a show is good, everything else is negligible.
>>
>>153172609
>Trigger triggered a retarded 3deep5u/wowsuchmature animufatlord

And this is why this studio is so great, they deliver win with everything they do.
>>
>>153174660
>a post per hour

NICE
SO
MUCH
CRITICISM
WOW
>>
>>153174660
(projecting intensifies)
>>
>>153176377
>/a/ is made of this single thread.
>>
>>153176714
there's a straaaaaaaaaaaaawmaaaaaaaaaan waiting in the board
>>
>>153176756
Pointing out a flaw in an argument isn't a strawman, you shitposting retard.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-25-23h43m33s505.png (2MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-25-23h43m33s505.png
2MB, 1920x1036px
>>153172609
Yep, me too set my hopes too high for this show.

I was expecting something like the ova and the movie but with less quality but nonetheless wholesome complete story. And as they announced 26 episodes so some side stories of other witches groups as well.

What we have now is dumb episodes of nothing. But fags screaming MUH FAMILY FRIENDLY MUH SETTING MUH %WITCHNAME% and they are just happy to live on memories of the ova and the movie and piss themselves every time object of their faggotory appears on screen, they will eat shit if it will be marked as LWA. Sad.
>>
if you dislike this show you will literally die alone in a ditch
>>
>>153177640
whoa dude, for reals?
>>
>>153174897
>Cute girls fumbling around actually doing nothing is all that they need to think a show is good,
But I thought /a/ loves Moe anime.
>>
>>153177765
Only when it enables pedo degenerates to wank.
>>
KLK was fucking amazing, this is pretty forgettable so far.
>>
So the movie and OVA are a lot better than the tv show we got doing now?
>>
At least it's flopping so no S2
>>
>>153172609
I realized it after four minutes but yeah, it's literally just a cartoon all-girls Jap-fied version of Harry Potter.
>>
>>153172886
um, no, not at all. there is absolutely no rule whatsoever that kid's shows have to be dumbed down and simplistic. in fact I've seen several kid's shows that are more mature than shows that are supposed to be for adults. also, they said from the beginning this was a kid's show.
>>
>>153172609
That's why I love it. I like to imagine how it would be like to grow up watching this.
>>
>>153177542
I don't get it, why would you assume the presence of a story when that had never been said? why does a show like this need a story to begin with, does every anime need an overarching story arc? why is being episodic a bad thing?
>>
Nothing wrong with a kids show, but it is kind of a letdown coming from the guys that did Kill la Kill.
>>
>>153172738
>Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything
If you send a really gifted pupil who had private teachers up until then to an average school (yes Luna Nova is just a mediocre school riding on its past fame), then of course you're gonna get situations like that.
>learning dragonspeak at 12 yo
And kids in Germany here can choose Latin or Old Greek as their third language at age 12, instead of French or whatever else.
>and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract.
It'd look awfully bad for the school's reputation (they're already in the shitter) if people find out the teachers can't even do that properly. So they kept it under wraps.
>Or the students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled.
Yea that's kinda dumb, but I can see why they'd do that. If we assume that they get paid by semester upfront, then getting rid of the little shits right as the year begins will still net them half a year's worth of tuition fees. Meanwhile if the kids are enrolled, you might as well drag them along until the second semester so you can collect dat sweet second semester tuition fee.
>>
File: 1484593281462.png (75KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1484593281462.png
75KB, 230x230px
>>153177920
>JK Rowling invented witches
It amazes me that people can say shit like this with a straight face, and then get ass-blasted 5 ways to Sunday when you tell them that Geralt is a downright plagiarism of Elric of Melniboné.

LWA doesn't have a single cotton-picking thing that's similar to Harry Potter. For start, you know more about Akko's personality from the first episode than you know about Harry's after you've read all 7 of the fucking books.
>>
>>153177920
Harry Potter had good worldbuilding and less glaring inconsistencies and bad writing, so it has LWA beat.
>>
>>153178256
hahahahahah! NO
>>
>>153178256
>introduce literal time traveling device
>woops, this is broken as fuck, better get rid of it
>would've been really useful in every single situation in the next 5 books
>>
>>153178085
Why are you even trying so hard to justify blatantly lazy writing?
The elderly teachers being utterly incompetent compared to a 16 year old and letting her solve all their problems and basically run the school is stupid. Why is she even there then?
The whole dragon contract deal is so stupid if you think about it for a second it's incredible the script was approved. The contract is 1000 years old and yet nobody in all this time (or even in the decades the current director has been in charge) has tried to have it translated or even tried to learn the language, they had to wait for a prodigy teenager.
>>
>>153172640
Since when /a/ like kids shows?
Why no one want to watch baby eggs then?
>>
>>153178528
Dude LWA can't even keep extremely basic and trivial stuff consistent, not fucking up time travel is much harder in comparison and few pull it off.
>>
>>153178545

More like I'm looking at it with common sense and don't need everything explained.

The teachers paying Jewnir is basically the same as the monkey-ladder experiment. They continue paying because they've always as far as they remember had to pay him interest regularly. That they're inept has been made clear from the start. It's something you can hate or like, but it's not like it wasn't made clear from the start that Luna Nova is a third rate school with shitty teachers who know their area of expertise but nothing else.

Meanwhile Diana is set up as a prodigy who has had the best private tutoring she could get, and I'd wager the plot is moving into the direction of her becoming head of school eventually. At least that is what all the teachers are banking on, plus the fact that her being there increases the prestige of their shitty school.

>>153178609
Like what for example?
>>
>>153172609
ALL animes are kids shows you dumb fuck
>>
>>153178676
Why is such prodigy from rich as fuck family in Luna Nova?
>>
File: 1465258440156.jpg (101KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465258440156.jpg
101KB, 768x1024px
>>153178256
>Harry Potter had good worldbuilding and less glaring inconsistencies and bad writing
>>
>>153178850

Good question, we don't know her backstory yet or why she's at the school. From the leaked previews we know it's in one of the next episodes though.
>>
>>153172738
reading too much into too little
>>
>>153172609
>kids show
Literally nothing wrong with that, even if true.

>some sort of morale.
Literally nothing wrong with that, even if true.
>>
File: 321342352454.jpg (116KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
321342352454.jpg
116KB, 500x390px
I hope no one is taking this retard serious after he just said that the series that completely ignores guns because "lol wizards don't know they even exist XD! even tho they have a fucking magic bus and half of the wizards live in the normal world as good world building and less writting inconsistencies

every argument is this thread is absolutely invalid.
>>
>>153178676
The director even took out the contract just to stare at it cluelessly before Diana walked in. It's not like they never questioned it, they clearly wanted to know what it said to find some loophole. So why in decades, if not centuries they did not try to have it translated or translate it themselves? The premise of the episode was flawed and nonsensical to begin with.
The writing is all around poor and has been since the new writer took over with The Enchanted Parade. The fight between Akko and Amanda felt forced and unnatural exactly like the conflict between the trio in the movie. The movie has also that extremely idiotic thing about the witch hunt commemoration, where to not forget the atrocities muggles committed in the past they kick some witches around and replicate the old tortures on them. Makes perfect sense, I can see people doing the same about slavery and holocaust.
>>
>>153179017
I stopped taking him seriously the instant he posted an OP where he complained about "kids shows" and talked like he'd only just heard about LWA after the TV series came out.
>>
>>153179043
>The director even took out the contract just to stare at it cluelessly before Diana walked in. It's not like they never questioned it, they clearly wanted to know what it said to find some loophole. So why in decades, if not centuries they did not try to have it translated or translate it themselves? The premise of the episode was flawed and nonsensical to begin with.
That's pretty easy to answer though. They had no one who could read the language and they didn't want to ask anyone for help of fear that Luna Nova's reputation would be fucked.
>>
File: 1428518733390.jpg (274KB, 722x748px) Image search: [Google]
1428518733390.jpg
274KB, 722x748px
>Show is set in a fucking magical school.
>expecting some type of mature/adult content.
It's pretty obvious this was going for the family/young audience but that doesn't make it bad.
>>
anyone seriously comparing this show to harry potter is extremely basic.
>>
>>153179106
>there hasn't been a single person in 1000 years that could've done the job discreetly
Sorry but I'm skeptical.
>>
>>153179106
If a 12yo can learn it so could a bunch of old women in decades (or even centuries, the fact that the author of Night Fall was believed to be just one person implies witches live very long).
>>
>>153179261
>the fact that the author of Night Fall was believed to be just one person implies witches live very long
It implies they can, not that they naturally do.
Not that nobody in the school learning it in so long makes any more sense if they live as long as a normal person anyway.
>>
>>153178528
They broke the entire British supply of the things in Book 5, and they were heavily regulated to begin with. There's implications that the British Ministry of Magic didn't get along with most other non-European nations, and most of them were still using owls to communicate (which can take days on end just to cross from Hogwarts to London and back again), so it's not like it would've been easy to resupply those.

Yeah, it would've been helpful to have them, but they were written out long before it could've been useful.
>>
>>153179043
How do we save Trigger foprm shitry writter?
>>
>>153179043
>>153179106
>>153179261
You're being an idiot. None of the past teachers or the headmistress would give a shit about some random ancient contract they had with fafnir. The only reason it was brought up then was because they defaulted.

It isn't "nobody in luna nova's history has been able to read this for 1000 years!!!", it's "nobody cared enough until we ran out money and none of our third-rate faculty knows this stupid script."
>>
>>153179452
I mean this writer is still better than fucking Okada.
But Otsuka, who wrote the first OVA, should have been in charge of this. Or they should have hired Nakashima again.
>>
>>153178032
>does every anime need an overarching story arc? why is being episodic a bad thing?
Yes, shows with overarching stories are always better than episodic shows. Even episodic shows like trigun and GITS:SAC get a lot better, once the real overarching story kicks in.
>>
>>153179534
So even when the academy was still respected and ran by competent people, nobody knew dragonese and they let the dragon rip them off?
How competent they were, less than a 12 year old.
>>
>>153172609
I'll start watching once the drama kicks in, and somebody dies.
>>
>>153172609
>Wanting more Imaishit
Kill yourself
>>
>>153179642
No, when the academy was still respected and ran by competent people (read: financially self-sufficient) they didn't care enough to check. It's a fucking legal contract for a loan that was made centuries ago - why would any previous faculty member go looking for it and then scrutinize the text for loopholes if it wasn't an issue then?
>>
>>153179871
>It's a fucking legal contract for a loan that was made centuries ago
But the contract was made at some point, and either there was someone who could read Dragonese present there, or there was not.
If there was, when and how did the school start paying interest on the loan? It can't be from the beginning.
If there was no person present who could read Dragonese when the contract was signed, what the fuck was Luna Nova thinking?
>>
>>153172609
Who would've thought!
>>
>>153179871
>why would anyone care if their debts exist or not, if they can pay they'll just pay
I'd like to offer you my services as your accountant.
>>
>>153172609
Well anime is for children and manchildren so what did you expect
>>
>>153180022
>>153179996
>an institution that ostensibly has hundreds of contracts and agreements in its portfolio and has existed for over 1300 years might not have airtight financials

Unprecedented. I forgot things in anime were perfect and immune from human error.
>>
>>153180158
Well thanks for not answering any of my questions.
My point is, either they paid interest from the beginning, meaning nobody has ever read the contract, or the dragon at one point asked for higher rates, at which point they should have looked at the contract again.
>I forgot things in anime were perfect and immune from human error.
No you colossal retard, that is the point. They DID make a huge error because they are inept.
>>
>>153180158
>letting the school go near bankrupt due to a debt you don't know if even exists
>sit on the document for a millennium and never get it translated
This is sheer stupidity, not mere human error. You just keep piling assumptions and mental gymnastics to justify blatant poor writing.
>>
Let's just assume that the knowledge of dragonese is kept exclusive within the most ancient families that pass it down only to their heirs and forget about this.
>>
I think it would be better if the pace was a little slower and there was slightly more of a focus on atmosphere.
>>
>>153180304
1. It's not a debt, 2. The school went under because they lost 2/3rds of their annual enrollment.
>>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it kinda sucks. Given Trigger's track record I'm fairly disappointed desu, especially given that it's their own franchise.
>>
File: smug.jpg (61KB, 398x582px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
61KB, 398x582px
>>153172609
>He doesn't know lotte is going to be killed
>>
File: 1446902077904.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446902077904.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>153172609
>>153178555
>>
>>153172738
There's a saying in my country:
Those who know practice it, those who don't teach it.
>>
>>153181927
>those who can, do; those who can't, teach
Is an English idiom. Step up your game ESL-kun.
>>
>>153182249
More like ETL.
>>
>>153178256
"No!"
>>
>>153179557
At least Okada gave us Nagi no Asukara. I can't hate her because of that even if she fucked up a lot of shows.

>>153179017
>>153179091
>There is only one poster saying LWA is bad.
Yeah, keep on thinking that.

>>153178162
It's not about Harry Potter inventing witches, it's about Harry Potter being one of the most succesful novel ever and obviously a huge influence for every following similar works.
You have to be blind or delusional not to see the influence of Harry Potter had on LWA.
>>
File: 1484439425336.jpg (2MB, 1662x2896px) Image search: [Google]
1484439425336.jpg
2MB, 1662x2896px
>>153182624
As if there was any doubt about the flop of the dullest franchise in the history of anime franchises where each episode following the girl witch and her pals from Luna Nova as they fight assorted magical creatures has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the forced animation, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective storytelling, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Trigger vetoed the idea of Kobayashi directing the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for figmas. The LWA series might be the anti-Kill la Kill (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Tweeny Witches series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
>a-at least the OVAs were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the films were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Akko found herself in a pinch, the author made her overcome it by "believing in herself."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that solution was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yoshinari's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving comment of LWA by the same Hayo Miyazaki. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching LWA at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch my Kiki's Delivery Service." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "LWA" you are, in fact, trained to watch Miyazaki.
>>
>>153183251
>That troll picture.
You could have as well picked popular shows randomly for each category.

I don't know if you're falseflagging or what because your critic is mostly sound but it's said in the most terrible and exaggerated way.
>>
>>153183251
It always amazes me how highly rated angels egg is.
>>
>>153183851
It's an amazing piece of art, even if it can rightfully be considered "boring" if you're not the kind of person that likes to contemplate paintings.
>>
>>153183251
I love this pasta.
>>
>>153183520
It's pasta you dunce.
>>
File: 1486345415478.jpg (125KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1486345415478.jpg
125KB, 894x894px
>>153183251

LWA is AOTY, deal with it
>>
>>153182645
> obviously a huge influence for every following similar works.
Similar works meaning "the slew of similarly bland and generic YA fiction that circulated through American schools like bad bills." Anything that's influenced by Harry Potter is worse for it.

LWA has nothing in common with Harry Potter but witches and magic. It doesn't have a similar plot. It doesn't have similar characters (thank God) or parallel relationships. The ideas it explores are entirely different. Their worlds are different, with different rules and creatures.

You have to completely lack any sense of nuance to think they're even comparable.
>>
>>153183251
>the anti-Tweeny Witches
But that was shit too and I dropped it for the same reason I'm almost dropping LWA, the protagonist is an unlikable annoying runt who I'm supposed to sympathize with for no good reason.
>>
>>153172609
I just want to cum on Lotte, man, make her have a nerdgasm.
>>
>Trigger saving anime
That never happened. Everything that Trigger made pales in comparison to anything old Gainax made.
>>
File: 1485747430346.jpg (11KB, 252x314px) Image search: [Google]
1485747430346.jpg
11KB, 252x314px
>>153178256
i could write a better book series than henry porter in literally 14 seconds
>>
>>153172609
Like you appreciate art and literary theory. Chump
>>
>>153183251
>This gets posted everytime
>People still fall for it
The latter part is ripped of old /lit/ copypasta, for god's sake.
>>
>>153179436
>they were heavily regulated to begin with.
>given to a 12 year-old because she gets good marks.
"No."
>>
>>153184619
That can't be true since KLK is better than TTGL and PSG.
>>
>>153172886
>and autistic manchildren
Who are the only other audience other than little kids, jackass.
In other words, kids' shows are for everyone.
>>
File: lmao at dis nigga.jpg (16KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
lmao at dis nigga.jpg
16KB, 225x259px
>>153184712
Do it faggot
>>
File: jesus why.png (129KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
jesus why.png
129KB, 600x378px
I failed to see how complain about the show gonna make it better

I mean I'm already know from episode 1 this gonna be some normal high school life of Akko with shit here and there and didn't expect it to be heavy with shit

>what the heck you expect anyway? some KLK fanservice but instead it Witches this time?
>>
>>153172609
>>153172640
It's literally for the MLP audience. Not even memeing, /mlp/ and /co/ literally browse these threads.
>>
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3537704
>>
File: skeletor.jpg (424KB, 1215x963px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
424KB, 1215x963px
>>153172609
You say that as if we don't primarily discuss such in every bloody thread on this board.

K-On! was all the rage here when it aired, more than DBZ Super, One-Punch Man, and Trigger junk combined, and it now airs on Disney channel.

Grow up and deal with it, or you are welcome to leave this place forever. And I mean leave 4chan, not just /a/. This is no place for you.
>>
File: CqDynYbUkAAtagJ.jpg large.jpg (57KB, 711x498px) Image search: [Google]
CqDynYbUkAAtagJ.jpg large.jpg
57KB, 711x498px
>>153184907
>See one Ova that have 1 second of a doll pony
>Go to conclusion that this show for MLP fans
>>
>>153184907
Didnt mlp have elements in it specifically for the adults to enjoy?
Does lwa have that?
>>
>>153182645
DUDE HARRY POTTER INVENTED SCHOOLS OF MAGIC LMAO
>>
>>153185015
More like /mlp/ tards comparing LWA characters to their ponyshit characters in these very threads on /a/. Nice try though.
>>
>>153185010
The funny thing is that, while I can see the grownup appeal in fucking LWA, I can't see why an adult would watch DBZ for anything other than nostalgia.

It's like someone took a tournament arc and made it into its own decades-spanning anime. I have no idea how it's still fucking going.
>>
>>153185039
Does underage school girls in short skirts count?
>>
>>153184789
Now that's simply not true, anon.
Luluco>PSG, though
>>
File: 1386281447985.png (433KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1386281447985.png
433KB, 800x533px
I only watch mature shows for mature adults such as myself
>>
>>153184300
>You have to completely lack any sense of nuance to think they're even comparable
Or rather, just be very uninformed to think they aren't anything more than superficially somewhat similar.
And that's going to be the case with the younger folks here.
>>
>>153185071
if you even have the time to acknowledge those MLP fans and what they doing then you already beyond help

>seriously, getting triggered cause /mlp/ is so retard
>What? If they post fan art of Cowboy bepop in pony are you gonna cry and hate it?
>>
>>153172886
state of this fucking board
>>
>>153185010
K-On! was never a kids show. That Disney thought it could be shown to children doesn't make it one.
>>
>>153185175
I literally cannot help but acknowledge them when they post in a thread I'm in you stupid faggot. I can't somehow magically erase my awareness of /mlp/ posts on /a/.
>>
>>153184789
>KLK is better than TTGL
Name one single thing that KLK does better than TTGL.
>>
File: 1459009072132.png (10KB, 555x198px) Image search: [Google]
1459009072132.png
10KB, 555x198px
>>153185175
>this post
>>
File: hmhaha- oh shoot.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
hmhaha- oh shoot.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>153185072
>nostalgia
To be quite frank, I think you underestimate the number of people jerking it to nostalgia.
Admittedly, I'm only beginning to notice as well. I've been ignoring them all this time. "Those must be a couple of wackos," I though.

I'm capable of feeling nostalgia, too, but it seems some have a sense of it exponentially greater than I can possibly hope to comprehend. And they are more than I ever thought. They also tend to sicken me.
>>
File: 1475523955712.png (1MB, 1526x1472px) Image search: [Google]
1475523955712.png
1MB, 1526x1472px
>>
>>153185243
yeah and now somehow you bitching about LWA because of it?
>seriously?

Are you one of those easy to "trigger" (no pun) people because someone throw shit at you?

Literally my only solid fucking advice is get over it. Unless they spam it 24/7 then we got problem but if not

>you mad bro? you mad cause some purple horses? with wing and horn?
>>
File: akkock.png (226KB, 1115x681px) Image search: [Google]
akkock.png
226KB, 1115x681px
>>
>>153185372
LWA is not for sexual
>>
>>153185373
>stating a fact is bitching
Spot the defensive /mlp/ faggot.
>>
>>153185010
K-ON manga was published in a adult magazine.
>>
File: kek'd lightly.png (418KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
kek'd lightly.png
418KB, 800x450px
>>153185219
Dear triggered Keionfag,

TOO BAD

Disney decided it is a worthy kids' show.
You are pre-checkmated in this line of discussion.
>>
>>153172609
Are you saying this is not a kids show? What did you mean by this?
>>
>>153173173
Think, Anon. They're broke, so:

>"You're late for initiation! That means expulsion!"
>"Unless, of course, your parents can "persuade" us to let you stay..."
>>
>>153185010
K-ON is aimed at adult otaku, not children. I know it can be hard to spot the difference sometimes, but yeah.
>>
>>153185053
I thinks it's weird as fuck how people from Harry Potter-type realms totally disregard most modern technology even though using it would be much simpler in most cases than using magic.
They use fucking carrier birds to send mail.
>>
>>153184907
Not really, actual little girls watch MLP
>>
>>153185373
What with the random greentext, ESL ponyfag?
>>
>>153185438
So if disney suddenly decided to air NGE, that would make NGE a kids show?
>>
File: 1456794276625.jpg (1MB, 805x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1456794276625.jpg
1MB, 805x1611px
>>153185404
I believe it is.

And Believing is Magic.
>>
>>153185219
K-On! is what a computer AI would come up with if you told it to make moe SOL.

It's formulaic, soulless, and pure evil.
>>
>>153185481
Weren't adults shown to be a very large consumer of MLP in some survey? Or did I get meme'd on?
>>
>>153185433
>>153185470
Tell that to Disney.
Oh wait- they couldn't care less.
They deemed it a worthy kids' show and aired it on their channel.
>>
File: EzTrigger.png (196KB, 540x335px) Image search: [Google]
EzTrigger.png
196KB, 540x335px
>>153185419
kay fag whatever you said
can't get over it then that fine
not like I'm the one triggered cause some bitch show me a picture of a horse online

good night
>>
File: 1483505626704.png (13KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483505626704.png
13KB, 370x320px
>>153172609
>In fact,this is the type of show that i could see airing on nickelodeon.
I honestly do not see anything wrong with putting quality FAMILY programming on TV that isn't brain dead distractions. I'm sure more parents would like to know they can actually enjoy what they are watching with their kids instead of being numb to it, or walking away from it not knowing if it's garbage. I'm actually stoked there is more care put programming.
>>
>>153185510
nice fallacy
>>
>>153185270
Characters, originality, humor, designs, dialogue, setting.
>>
>>153185510
Effectively, not that it would ever happen - at least not in the US..
>>
File: akkock.jpg (2MB, 1391x2000px) Image search: [Google]
akkock.jpg
2MB, 1391x2000px
Will this scene get animated?
>>
>>153185510
The thing is they never would. Disney would only air something they deemed was appropriate for kids, and they aired K-On.
>>
>>153185568
You were supposed to list one thing you retarded burger.
>>
>>153185438
>>153185523
That argument doesn't make any sense. You're trying to argue that which team decides to license the series for an international release determines what demographic the original series was aimed at.
>>
>>153185523
So? Disney is now the voice of the truth? It's not the first, nor will be last case where a channel misunderstood the audience of an product.
>>
>>153185568
rekt
>>
>>153185462
>it's an anon filling holes in the plot with pure fanfiction episode
There is literally zero hint at something like that.
>>
>>153185546
You're triggered that I'm pointing out that /mlp/ fags browse LWA threads. You're very obviously a defensive ponyshitter.
>>
>>153185335
Clearly, it doesn't make sense than what is possibly the first anime worldwide in terms of longevity of its popularity has a significant fanbase that would watch anything for the sake of it being called Dragon Ball, right?
My grandmother knows what Dragon Ball it has been airing almost continuously on TV for over years.

>K-on! is a kids show
>all these plebs that can't appreciate K-on!
>all these /co/ pictures
>pony talk
Fuck LWA threads, I'm out of here.
>>
>>153185510
Them airing One Piece on Toonami clearly makes One Piece a seinen.
>>
>>153185519
It has it's own board on 4chan. Take a guess, newfag.
>>
>>153185568
>Characters
None of the characters have the depth or development of the protagonists in TTGL.

>originality
Is this a joke? The only thing original about KLK is the animation, because the show is filled to the brim with cliches.

>humor
Subjective.

>designs
Also subjective.

>Setting
>School shit
Yeah, no.
>>
File: 1474042179352.jpg (187KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474042179352.jpg
187KB, 1280x1080px
>>153185588
I wanna tap Diana's butter
>>
>>153185648
I fucked up my sentence, you guys are making me angry, please stop being so retarded.
*My grandmother knows what Dragon Ball is, it has been airing almost continuously on TV for over 20 years.
>>
>>153185681
>4chan is representative of anything
I guess most anime watchers are fucking white.
>>
You could be watching Magiranger instead of this trash
>>
>>153185607
>misunderstood
They didn't misunderstand anything. It is a show worthy of being shown to kids' in the US despite all the bloody rules they need to oblige by to avoid getting sued over it, "soccer mom" protests, etc. It's just that damn mellow and "safe".

Comparatively, regular anime is more full of cliches and titties/pantyshots and what not that appeal to the late-night degenerate audience.
>>
>>153185590
That means jack shit, anon. Or better saying, it does mean saying, it means that disney thought K-ON was a show suitable to their audience, just that. It does not make K-ON a kids show by any means. Naruto aired on adult swin, by your logic, Naruto is now an adult show.
>>
>5 episodes in and we've already gone from "TRIGGER SAVING ANIME" to "this is fucking shit"
Wow this really must be shit. Normally the opinion flip for popular anime comes after it's finished airing.
>>
>>153185741
They could never show To-Love-Ru on the disney channel, but that doesn't change the fact that To-love-ru is aimed at a younger audience than K-on.
>>
>>153185735
or pretending to be white
>>
>>153185798
Before you jump on me for this, I'm talking about to-love-ru, not darkness.
>>
>>153185741
Again, this still not mean that K-ON is aimed was initially aimed at children. It just means that Disney thought of K-ON as a suitable show to broadcast on their channel.
>>
>>153185833
or was initially aimed*
>>
>>153185772
>Naruto aired on adult swin, by your logic, Naruto is now an adult show.
No, because it doesn't work that way. An adult channel (or programming block, in that example) can air anything. Kids' networks, like Disney, have to follow rulesets. K-On being aired there proves it meets those standards and is appropriate for children.
>>
>>153185788
Diana's """""character""""", and Akko's flanderization for being a gung-ho retard is the problem.
>>
>>153185878
appropriate for children /=/ aimed at children.

There's no way for you to win this, anon.
>>
>>153185878
appropriate for children != targeted to children
>>
>>153185519
They're the internet fanbase but the TV viewership is still little girls, as well as the ones buying the toys. LWA is entirely aimed to creepy weirdos like the bronys
>>
>>153185788
I predict it will flip back into being popular as the series progresses, and then after it ends be considered "okay"
>>
>>153185833
>It just means that Disney thought of K-ON as a suitable show to broadcast on their channel.
That's exactly my original argument, numbnuts.

OP said LWA is worthy of Nickelodeon, as a complaint at that. So are plenty of shows discussed here frequently on /a/. I used K-On! as an example.
>>
Is this LWA hate thread or is this /a/ hate everything thread?
>>
>>153178256
>Harry Potter
>worldbuilding
Sure is great worldbuilding when after 7 books and a fuckton of useless official internet trivia I still don't understand how the retarded wizard society works. Hell, I barely understand how the fucking school itself works.
Rowling doesn't give a fuck about her setting, her books might as well be about a bunch of faceless characters standing around in an empty void, with the occasional pause to painstakingly describe the dinner table filled with food in the corner.
>>
>>153178805
Nice bait
>>
>>153186010
It'll stay popular as long as it's airing. It's just that now it's going to popular to shit on and drop every week.
>>
File: 3354100-honnouji+academy.jpg (145KB, 947x530px) Image search: [Google]
3354100-honnouji+academy.jpg
145KB, 947x530px
>>153185684
The characters of TTGL don't have any depth, it's not an introspective show. What can you even say about Simon other than he admires Kamina, loves Nia and goes from zero to hero? There is no mention of what he likes and dislikes, of what he thinks of other characters, his dead parents are never mentioned past the first episode even if it should be an important deal to his character.
And if the protagonist are rather shallow the secondary characters don't even compare to those of KLK. Did anyone feel bad about those literally whos that died in the final battle? Did anyone like the two kids?

The show is more original, yes. The clothing based combat and plot beats the Super Robots and Getter mashup of TTGL, it's undeniable.

And the city state/tower of Babylon of the academy beats as a setting the barren wastelands and generic futuristic city of TTGL, equally undeniable.
>>
File: 198273739281.jpg (93KB, 850x1343px) Image search: [Google]
198273739281.jpg
93KB, 850x1343px
>>153172609
This show would be better if Amanda was the main character.
>>
Everyone else's opinion is wrong.
Fun things are fun.
>>
>>153178555
There's a pretty big difference between Disney Junior and Baby First TV.
>>
>>153172738

None of the teachers threatened expulsion for showing up late, that was just what other students thought since it'd be a tradition.

When we actually see the school, we see how it's failing and the budget has a crises so they're always eating just potatoes, and you can see how no matter how Akko behaves, the school can't afford to expel her and lose her tuition fees.
>>
>>153186059
you manchild
>>
>>153186145
But which fun thing is more fun?
>>
>>153186053
Or maybe you're just dumb.
>>
>>153186128
it would become
"Little Stripper Academy" instead
>>
File: c88.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
c88.gif
3MB, 540x304px
>>153186128
I really like Amanda, but I think she works pretty well as a secondary character.
>>
>>153177672
For realsies anon.
>>
>>153185788
>Right after new episode is released until soon after the subs release
TRIGGER SAVING ANIME

>Rest of the week
This is fucking shit.

Although is mostly true for nearly any airing show, if you replace Trigger with that appropriate studio.
>>
>>153186038
It started with around 20 posts of sensible criticism against LWA, but the thread died in 30 minutes.
An hour later the thread was brought back up by pro-LWA shitposters and it has been shit since then.
>>
>>153186229
Not really, the negatively started to sink in at episode 4 and has now exploded in episode 5. Everyone was happy to circlejerk before then.
>>
>>153186184
The teacher even says to Akko "we allowed you to enroll after what you did only because Ursula guaranteed for you"
It's honestly amazing what kind of stuff people are making up to fill the holes in the plot.
>>
>>153186124
>There is no mention of what he... thinks of other characters

Except for how he feels about Kamina, Yoko, Nia, Rossiu, and I'm probably missing some.
>>
>>153172609
>falling for the meme
Sounds like it's exactly the same as the original ova. I thought people on /a/ only liked it because the animation was really good, never understood what people saw in the show itself as everything was really cookie cutter and generic.
>>
>>153186145
/thread
>>
>>153186197
Hi Rowling, shoudn't you be at a feminist rally or something?
Hermione is white by the way.
>>
>>153186341
The original OVA had dense as fuck writing. In 20 minutes established a setting full of details, a full cast of characters and executed a self contained story. Character interactions also felt natural and there were not inconsistencies and plot holes.
You can't say any of this about the series.
>>
>>153186193
>Simon
I guess you missed the part where Simon lost his purpose after settling down in the city or the fact that he was once in love with Yoko, but then again, that was just because she gave attention to him, was attractive and he was just a insecure teenager back then. You are also severely downplaying Simon's development, as it was slow, gradative, had tension, context, build up, motivation and most of all, it was fitting to the theme of the show, which is evolution.

Next to Simon, the development of Ryuko is laughable and her hot headed personality is just as cliche as Simon's initial behavior.

>And if the protagonist are rather shallow the secondary characters don't even compare to those of KLK.
All secondary characters in KLK are completly defined their archetype and by how cool they are.

>The show is more original, yes.
First of all, KLK feel like a carbon copy of TTGL's style at first. It was even the complement of many people when the show was airing. Second, like I said the show is filled to the brim with cliches, it was even one of the points.

>The clothing based combat
Basically like a magical girl show, nothing original about that.

KLK plot is shit and a mess compared to TTGL. Everything in TTGL is there to fit the theme of evolution and at the same time to mess with shonen and mecha tropes. KLK tries to be cool and over the top just like TTGL, difference being that this was a part of TTGL theme and idea.
>>
File: 1478041794152.jpg (102KB, 890x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478041794152.jpg
102KB, 890x522px
>>153186128
le who bamboozled my dad

i agree, akko is a retard
>>
>>153186669
Obviously meant to >>153186124
>>
>>153186124
>This entire post
KLK is and was always considered a bad copy of TTGL and with good reason. The only reason to prefer KLK over TTGL is if you really like waifus.
>>
>>153172609
Yes, so?

>every episode has some sort of morale
YES, SO? (do you honestly fucking prefer an anime that taught you nothing)

These are some silly and weak arguments, i don't know why this thread got hundred of replies.
>>
>>153185438
Savage.
>>
>>153187024
>The only reason to prefer KLK over TTGL is if you really like waifus
Or if you watched KLK with /a/ when you were 12 before watching TTGL, which I bet is a fairly common case.
>>
>>153187058
>do you honestly fucking prefer an anime that taught you nothing
What morals has anime taught you?
>>
>Next to Simon, the development of Ryuko is laughable and her hot headed personality is just as cliche as Simon's initial behavior.
Ryuko shows way more sides of her personality than Simon, and her development is less formulaic and more subtle, which is why many don't understand it.
>All secondary characters in KLK are completly defined their archetype and by how cool they are.
Without even touching the Devas, an irrelevant character like Soroi has more nuanced characterization than every TTGL secondary character.
>First of all, KLK feel like a carbon copy of TTGL's style at first.
No? Where do you even get that idea? The first part is a mesh up of ecchi manga such as Cutie Honey, Kekko Kamen, Shameless School, various Sukeban manga and other classics like Blazing transfert student, all with a Dezaki sensibility.
>Second, like I said the show is filled to the brim with cliches, it was even one of the points.
You seem confused. TTGL was born as a sum of 30 years of mecha animation and collection of homages, and is far more derivative than KLK.
>Basically like a magical girl show, nothing original about that.
If you think Cutie Honey is the quintessential magical girl show. But even there is just surface level reference. The way the clothing and identity motifs were developed into essential elements of the plot, worlbuilding, fighting and most of all of the themes is some of the most brilliant intuition in years.
>KLK plot is shit and a mess compared to TTGL. Everything in TTGL is there to fit the theme of evolution and at the same time to mess with shonen and mecha tropes. KLK tries to be cool and over the top just like TTGL, difference being that this was a part of TTGL theme and idea.
KLK is a show about individuality and free self determination. Everything about the show is thematically consistent and the plot never loses focus.
>>
>>153185735
Nope. Most of them are spics.
>>
>>153187437
Uff, for >>153186669

>>153187024
Grown ups are talking kid, only butt in if you have something valuable to say.
>>
>>153185788
If people like you are bothered by such negative opinions then i don't think you'll last long on this board (or site).
>>
>>153187574
>you in charge of reading comprehension
>>
Trigger fans are pretty much /mlp/ browsers. What else is new?
>>
>>153178555
>Since when /a/ like kids shows?
You tell me.
>>
>>153189196
I don't think kids are the ones buying LL BDs.
>>
>>153188545
>Pissy anon plays /mlp/ card!
nofunallowed.jpg
>>
>>153189473
>pissy brony gets defensive when called out
>>
>>153189519
>Trigger makes stupid, but fun shows
>old Gainax fanboi takes offense to being associated with mlp for enjoying Trigger
>anon resorts back to associating Trigger fans with mlp
Offer some criticism regarding Trigger other than "hurr, durr... /mlp/ and shit".
>>
>>153189660
>you can't call me /mlp/ but me calling you "gainax fanboi" is valid
brony logic, everyone.
>>
It's a cute show. What's the problem?
>>
>>153172885
>The one who has to save LWA is a male

Funny.
>>
>>153189770
Cute doesn't mean good. Also Akko's annoyingly loud retardation cancels out her cute looks.
>>
>>153172737
>2deep4u religious subplot
If you seriously think Madoka is this just kill yourself plz plz end your life.
>>
>>153189222
Every schoolgirls knows about LL.
>>
Haven't watched FiM since season 3 (was so shit I dropped out) but I do admit this show is very reminescent of the first two seasons. That weird mix of 'Action Slice-of-Life' and 'group of girls each with one prime personality trait/skillset' reminds me of the main 6 characters.
>>
>>153189945
Why do girls watch LL? I thought it was just for the waifus.
>>
>>153172609

And that's a problem because...?
>>
File: 1415116373330.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415116373330.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
LWA is fantastic for what it is. A lighthearted show. For all ages.

Those expecting it to turn dark/serious or even assuming that's what the TV series would provide are retarded, OVAs had the same tone and they were magical for it.

If you're not smiling while watching this show then it isn't for you. Want some "mature" anime? Pick up something else and drop this show, it's not going to drastically change.
>>
>>153183251
>/lit/ HP pasta edited for LWA

Beautiful.
>>
>>153190015
Because they need le edge.
>>
>>153172609
That is because trigger makes cartoons not anime.
>>
>>153190539
Idk i feel like everything is predictable and boring, maybe it's just me.
It's not like i want to watch an edgy mature series, maybe it's just that i'm not into the slice of life moe, the OVA had plot at least.
>>
File: 1483920442045.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483920442045.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>153172609
For a Trigger show, the last episode was quite underwhelming, just like the four episodes as a whole.

Probably they are playing it safe? Akko is not bullied enough? Nobody is going to die or get seriously injured, but can we get at least some background development or growth?

I feel like this since the second half of The Enchanted Parade, In the first half, when Sucy confronted Akko about being a selfish asshole, I felt the writing was getting very solid. Even as a viewer I felt called out by her powerful insight. Unfortunately the second half was very dull and nothing happened. It's an ordeal to watch and I almost skip it every time.

Well, at least one of Diana's goons is a closet Twilight-fag. It's the only remarkable character development so far.

see you next week
>>
File: 1456725269039.gif (233KB, 180x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456725269039.gif
233KB, 180x320px
>>153183251
This doesn't work because I actually agree with a few of the placements
>>
>>153178555
/a/ is not a hive mind. I know its hard to believe.
>>
>>153191098
I hope not about the Kyoanishit at the top, which is obviously bait.
Though the shit tier is almost perfect.
>>
>>153189713
I was calling myself a Gainax fanboi. Being called /mlp/ was offensive, however. Not like being offended is worth a damn here though. And sorry for presuming you could discern the roles played in that greentext without handholding.
>>
>>153186145
Genuine thanks for the clarification, friendo.
>>
>>153191268
>I was calling myself a Gainax fanboi
That's literally worse. Instead of making an ironic shitpost insult you unironically called yourself "fanboi" like you're straight out of reddit. Fuck off.
>>
>>153191334
Tell me where the bad anon touched your fee fees.
>>
>>153191392
>piss your pants
>act smug and superior
ok bronyshitter
>>
Just fuck already
>>
>>153191427
wao, someone who is fond is fond of the old Gainax crew and hopeful for the future of trigger is a ponyfag. What do you have against that staff?
>>
>>153191649
Yeah my mistake, you sound too young to be an autistic brony manchild, so I'll change my stance to >>>/v/
>>
>>153191239
Charts with that kind of style have always been baits. That one in particular? Even more obviously fucking so.
>>
File: 1486397516611.jpg (26KB, 338x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486397516611.jpg
26KB, 338x480px
>>153172609
>faggots bitching weekly about why LWA isn't an action filled show full of edge and drama

Not sure if these people are just trolling or just stupidly obnoxious for expecting every popular anime to be tailored to their liking. Did you really watch the OVA? Really? Why would you expect anything else? This is exactly why people funded it.
>>
>>153193094
The second OVA had drama. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>153185568
now name things instead of review topics
>>
>>153172609
It's not bad, it just ain't trigger level good

A bit more low brow than I thought, but pretty similarl to most of the second movie
>>
>>153189896
Nobody mentioned Madoka but you man.
>>
>>153186124
Kill la Kill stole its idea of the living weapon from NGE

However Senketsu is one of the best characters in the show
>>
>>153194146
>Kill la Kill stole its idea of the living weapon from NGE
Wow.
>>
>>153186128
You mean Ryuuko 2.0?
>>
>>153172738
>Or the students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony
This should get some bonus points since they also complain about the school being low on applicants.
>>
>I need my chinese cartoons to validate my self image as a hard adult because fun is for faggots

You are the reason gritty reboots happen.
>>
>>153172609
naw really
>>153172737
>sorry it isnt about little girls going through some horribly traumatic existential crisis
that's one thing that bothers me, take anything, any situation, any kind of person, especially the seedier side of life, and turn it into a cute little anime girl and it's a hit, meanwhile, real people with issues are constantly ignored, left in the same problem that people pretend to care about because a cute little anime girl with a fraction of the life experience represents him somehow

it's kind of insulting
>>
>>153194324
No this character doesn't seem to be full of ass-pulls
>>
>>153177842

>KLK
>Amazing
>>
>episode 5 is more of a trainwreck than 4
If this show peaked at ep 3 I may kill myself.
>>
>>153172609
Nickelodeon doesn't/hardly air's anime anymore. Beside if they get any it goes to nicktoons almost immediately to die.
LWA is more something that Disney would grab
>>
File: too old.png (580KB, 652x658px) Image search: [Google]
too old.png
580KB, 652x658px
>>153194710
>4 was a trainwreck
>>
>>153194710
The show peaked at 2, nubcakes. Just like KLK peaked at 7. Trigger can't get into their own projects and should stick to adapting mediocre shit like Inou Battle
>>
>>153194710
not that i care if you kill yourself but...well actually nevermind
>>
>>153194811
I am a Lottefag but ep 4 was not good compared to the first 3
>>
>>153194829
3 was great, 4 was good. That doesn't make 4 a trainwreck.
>>
i'm going to assume episodes 4 through some arbitrary number are the nadia island arc episodes of this series
>>
>>153194689
Not him but it's very enjoyable

Probably unironically the best action anime in the last 5 years saddly
>>
File: 1485148058405.jpg (9KB, 161x147px) Image search: [Google]
1485148058405.jpg
9KB, 161x147px
>Trigger does a fast-paced action show waaah
>Trigger does a slow-paced non-action show waaah
>>
>>153194039
Define Trigger level. This is a case of an upgrade.
>>
File: 1458272736977.png (65KB, 360x185px) Image search: [Google]
1458272736977.png
65KB, 360x185px
>>153178054

Expecting this to be anything near like KLK is pretty stupid in the first place.

>Trigger
>They make LWA
>Years later they green-light a TV series
>It has a bit of a more episodic approach and does not have the pacing of a race horse full of steroids with a rocket on its ass
>Trigger themselves said they don't want to make just one type/style of show
>KLK, Ninja Slayer, Luluco and any lolrandumb shorts that came before have already made too much damage
>>
File: 65789765765.png (526KB, 676x460px) Image search: [Google]
65789765765.png
526KB, 676x460px
>>153194905
>trigger does a medium-paced half-action show
>>
>>153194146

Not that anon, but I can make a short list of the things KLK stole things from. NGE is not one of them.
>>
>>153190752
>For a Trigger show

And what's exactly a Trigger Show to you? What elements constitute a show to be "a Trigger Show"?
>>
>>153195250
a show animated by trigger
>>
File: That's great, Jay!.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
That's great, Jay!.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>153172609
Oh, WOW! No shit?! I totally didn't get that from the OVA! I hate it now!

>I legit thought this was gonna be a good series with all the "trigger saved anime once again" memes and shit but no, every episode has some sort of morale.
How does it having moral lessons make it a bad show? Are you some immoral douchenozzle, or amoral atheist banana-fucker, or something?

That's bad, why...?
>>
>>153195092
Isn't it basically Cutey Honey+Otokogumi with some sparkles of other assorted 70's-80's manga?
>>
>>153193094
What? Did YOU watch the OVAs?
>>
post more barbara!
>>
File: 1469388632475.jpg (36KB, 661x453px) Image search: [Google]
1469388632475.jpg
36KB, 661x453px
>>153194538
>>
>>153190015
>>153195271
>...?

...?
>>
>>153172609

I like it, It's cute and fun.
>>
>>153179155
it's not the lack of mature themes that makes it bad, it's how feckin horrid the writing is.

Earlier someone mentioned what an ass-pull Diana being able to read "dragonese" was, and I cant help but agree. Like, where the fuck does she learn something that is unknown to literally every single professor at Luna Nova? There isn't any other fucking school, and they don't even try to explain it. We're just supposed to accept that it's because Diana's fucking perfect omg what a bitch?

The entire fucking episode was built around this glaring inconsistency. You can't get away with that just because it's a kid show.
>>
>>153195408
Thanks for the update! Personally, I dont like it, its boring and lame. Your thoughts?
>>
>>153190752
Diana was saying the exact same thing last ep, and she was undoubtedly right. Yet somehow despite this all of Akko's friends later still went with Akko's stupid shenanigans, and this cheapen the insight Diana gave so much so much. I think this is just either poor writing or Trigger is setting up for a blow in your face moment for Akko, but seeing the tone of 6 7 8 9 i doubt this will be the case.

Step up your game Trigger. They are making it so hard for me to root for Akko now.
>>
File: Germanic Witch.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Germanic Witch.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
I need more engineer witch in my life.
>>
>>153179155
As expected of a tripfag who probably spends more time on twitter than watching anime. Fucking retard cant even into what peoples complaints actually are.
>>
>write a kid's show
>air it past midnight
Trigger should actually pander to their audience
>>
>>153195458
I disagree. It's not boring nor lame, it's fun and good. I believe this is the case because I like it. And I like it because it's fun.
>>
Why is Akko such an unlikable selfish cunt?
>>
>>153195264

Then why was "underwhelming" in your opinion?
>>
>>153195659
I think we have to wait for the second special to be remade
>>
>>153195639
Interesting point. Youve convinced me, its actually AOTY. Anyone who disagrees just hates fun and should chill out LOL.
>>
File: 1486281918506.jpg (160KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486281918506.jpg
160KB, 1200x900px
Why is there hardly any decent porn of this show
>>
>>153195594
They have no control over the time slot
>>
Best moms ep when?
>>
>>153172609
>kids show
any anime is a kids show, all of it is.
>>
>>153195910
Yeah and all video games are for kids too. Retard.
>>
I stole a tart today. I regret nothing
>>
>>153195924
Akko you dunce
>>
File: 1471910743554.png (221KB, 483x439px) Image search: [Google]
1471910743554.png
221KB, 483x439px
>>153195271
>oh, WOW! No shit?! I totally didn't get that from the OVA! I hate it now!
Yeah, because the OVA had qualities that were appealing to both adults and children. The show is even MORE simplified now and just feels like something made exclusively for small kids, which leads into my next point
>How does it having moral lessons make it a bad show? Are you some immoral douchenozzle, or amoral atheist banana-fucker, or something?
Having morals isn't bad, it's the fact they have to spell it out like we're fucking retards. I'd watch Max and Ruby if I wanted that.
>That's bad, why...?
Nick has shit programs that blur the lines between their regular airs and the stuff that shows up on Nick Jr. Either treats you like a hyperactive child, or a baby

also
>All those exclamation points, question marks, ellipsis, and hyperbole
Chill the fuck out and quit having a spasm over shit like an autistic manchild you faggot...?
>>
>>153195924
That's as much as three pies, which is equal to thirty muffins, And that's terrible!
>>
File: varying degrees of akko.png (155KB, 1066x286px) Image search: [Google]
varying degrees of akko.png
155KB, 1066x286px
>>153195901
I'm telling you guys.
Parent Teacher Conferences.
And Akko's mom will show up, figuring out how to ride a broom on her first try just to crush Akko's tiny, dumb heart.
>>
>>153193094
I like the show somewhat and even I know there's a stark contrast between it and the OVA's
>>
>>153195987
What are you guys even talking about, which morals?
I've never noticed any forced morals from the show.
>>
>>153182645
>Harry Potter being one of the most succesful novel ever and obviously a huge influence for every following similar works
What is Lord of the Rings?
What is D&D?
Hell, what is Discworld?

You're definitely right that Harry Potter's popularity has given the tropes/themes/genres a boost though, but HP was highly derivative. Though you can hardly be blamed for citing HP since that's what introduced you to this type of fantasy, and the HP books and movies are generally quite good, great even. Nothing wrong with that. Like Akko said, who cares if you're a secondary?
>>
>>153196001
I want Akko's mom to show up thinking her daughter's attending a Harry Potter RPing school and chalking up all the magic to be just tricks and CG.
>>
>>153172738
your existence is a huge disappointment
>>
>>153177542
Gb2/v/ and never come back. You are too edgy for this board.
>>
>>153195987
>Having morals isn't bad, it's the fact they have to spell it out like we're fucking retards

But you are wrong? Where the fuck are these "forced blatant morals"?

Did the fucking episode ended with Diana saying: "Cheating is for losers, playing clean is where is at, Akko! Tee-Hee!".

Does Sucy says "Drugs are Bad"?

Does Amanda says "Stealing is Bad and she was in the wrong for doing it"?

The last episode literally didn't have a moral, unless "be smart and don't get tricked by a scammer" counts as one.
>>
>>153184907
This, actually.

If you discount the cancer that is /mlp (or /LWA for that matter), the shows themselves are solid enjoyment for children with an innocence meant to incite nostalgia in adults (re: man-children). It's like how Doctor Who lives vicariously through his assistants.
>>
>>153172609
And yet it's still been better than any of the other overrated crap that Trigger has put out.
>>
>>153185477
Yeah, they need to modernize like dragon jew. At the least, use magic messenger like LotFinn69.
>>
File: conniving dragons.png (297KB, 1179x1116px) Image search: [Google]
conniving dragons.png
297KB, 1179x1116px
>>153196573
I wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>153196532
Inferno Cop was ultimate perfection

You just can't handle the idea of fun anon
>>
The moral of the last episode was be economically responsible for yourself and learn how to read legal documents because otherwise your business contacts will try to FUCK you. That's why Diana is a rich oujosama and the poorfags like Amanda and Akko are stuck washing the laundry.
>>
>>153196573
Oy vey, and have some social media too!
I hear it's free and fun.
>>
>>153196591
How in the helldid he know no witch would learn dragon and call him out on his bullshit? Not a single headmistress fucking learned it, is he the Vince McMahon of LWA?
>>
>>153195871
This is one of the rare cases where the western fanbase is actually the one who'll handle the porn.
>>
>>153196656
He's a dragon. There's no way he could have known but it was in his nature to try and scam people anyway. They are sleazy schemers with no morals or respect for the common good.
It's in the dragon writings that humans are to be eaten or scammed, like cattle.
Of course nobody talks about it because all media is owned by 6 corporations. And you know who runs those corporations? The same who run all banks.
DRAGONS!
>>
File: worstWitch.jpg (129KB, 758x1000px) Image search: [Google]
worstWitch.jpg
129KB, 758x1000px
>>153172609
The OVAs showed so much promise.
This anime is just a shit version of The Worst Witch.

And I do include the TV film with Tim Curry in that statement.
>>
What if we compromise and say LWA is a mediocre show and lower our expecations for the future.
>>
File: pixiv61311086_0.jpg (117KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv61311086_0.jpg
117KB, 720x720px
>>153195507
Agreed.
>>
>>153196746
It actually didn't, it had good animation and that was it.
>>
File: 1473279624950.jpg (29KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473279624950.jpg
29KB, 500x250px
Every time Trigger saves anime it's usually boring. In all seriousness though if you went into this expecting anything but a sort of westernized cute girl show (about witchcraft) that's on you buddy.
>>
>>153194116
Not him but isn't Madoka "Little Girls Go through Some Horribly Traumatic Existential Crisis the Anime?"
>>
>>153196633
To be fair I haven't actually seen Inferno Cop. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime. It better not be another rushed piece of inconsistently animated garbage full of yelling, obnoxious and unlikable characters.
>>
>>153190266
It's inferior to Doremi, which was both light hearted but knew how t o pull the heartstrings.

It's a generic SoL anime with a magic school gimmick that people give a pass because they're studio whores. It's fine that it's not that good because it's made by Trigger.

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>153197000
i actually expected this to just be full of akko/lotte/sucy and little of anybody else except diana as a general argumentive foil to akko's nature

things went better than expected

>>153197112
would say yes, they're not even old enough to have that yet, though at least mami had a serious tragedy happen to her

but seriously, what's with justice girl, muh notboyfriend chose someone else, there's no other fish in the sea

that entire anime was too fatalistic views for me
>>
>>153197112
More like deconstruction of magical girl genre by having more realistic consequences of little girls doing life or death battle.
>>
>>153197000
I take it that by "saving anime" you Triggerfags simply mean that Trigger put out an anime right?
>>
>>153197154
>DE
>CON
>STRUC
>TION

sound the alarms /a/ someone said it
feels like 2011 again
>>
>>153197154
that's right up there with saying the word "tripguard" in a fighting game thread
>>
File: 1452331422079.png (1MB, 1283x939px) Image search: [Google]
1452331422079.png
1MB, 1283x939px
>>153186124
TTGL, like Madoka, is more of a story driven series than a character driven one. The characters are all interesting and fun to watch but they mostly act as metaphors to serve the story about human potential and the balance of making the "right" decision.
>>
>>153172671
>as a series it's nothing special, and it shows in sales.

Is there anything to buy yet?
>>
File: Garlic_Jr..png (695KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Garlic_Jr..png
695KB, 1024x768px
>>153195987
>The show is even MORE simplified now and just feels like something made exclusively for small kids, which leads into my next point
You are literally retarded. It is not "MORE simplified" (nice caps lock for coolness, faggot), it is basically the same show, but extended and elongated to fit a 25 episode format.

>Having morals isn't bad, it's the fact they have to spell it out like we're fucking retards.
They never did that, though, you mongoloid.

>Nick has shit programs that blur the lines between their regular airs and the stuff that shows up on Nick Jr.
Proof that you've never watched Nick Jr. "Hey Arnold" and "Angry Beavers" are clearly not the same age demographic as "Blue's Clues", you sperging fucktard.

>Chill the fuck out and quit having a spasm over shit like an autistic manchild you faggot...?
Oh, I'm sorry, did my grammar trigger you? Get a pair, you edgy wannabe "hardcore" kid. If someone using ellipses and question marks gets you so raging pissed, I'd hate to be the girl that dumps your sorry ass.
>>
>>153197260
I think the first BD is available for preorder, and there's some cheap keychains or something floating around.
>>
It feels good to watch a different show.
Not that I hate the other current shows, but they are the same shit from the previous years (a shitty isekai, shonen, moeshit and fujobait).
>>
>>153189849
BOYS CAN MAGIC TOO.
>>
>>153195465
>Diana was saying the exact same thing last ep, and she was undoubtedly right.
She was a huge hypocrite though. Akko does shit without thinking and put other in danger? Well, Diana did exactly that too when she tried to fix that damn tree on her own without doing any proper research beforehand.

She really has no right to be shitting on Akko or anyone else. Despite all her mary sue elite bloodlinw, she's as capable of screwing up as Akko. At least Akko is upfront about it.
>>
>>153197152
It's still airing idiot. We don't know how Ursula's story is going to play out, but there's definitely some drama going on around there. Diana too, maybe. And Akko would probably have to face reality sooner or later.

Again, it won't get dark, but dismissing it when we barely even seen much if it is fucking stupid. If it's not your thing it's not your thing but those 5 episodes aren't everything LWA has to offer, there are other stories to tell.
>>
>>153186124
>What can you even say about Simon other than he admires Kamina, loves Nia and goes from zero to hero?

He used to be very insecure around girls. He used to have a crush on Yoko. He thinks pigmole meat is delicious. He also has a high tolerance for shitty food. He's an okay sculptor. Being a pencil pusher bores him. He's very comfortable with his sexuality because he doesn't get flustered by Leeron's advances like many other male characters do.
>>
>>153185010
reading that in skeltors voice was p good
>>
I only loved the first OVA. The second felt like a cheap trigger cash in. The TV series just seems like more triggerisms and stuff to suck up to western audiences.
>>
>people help akko
>0 thank you
>akko did something wrong
>0 sorry

I really, really hate her. How can they write the MC like this?
>>
>>153198142
No, you're just a literal faggot who is disgusted by cute girls.
>>
>>153198176
No actually hes pretty spot on and you know it, calling him a faggot wont make it any better. Just keep hoping itll improve, sorry it turned out so mediocre so far.
>>
I have a feeling Trigger's goal with this show is to pander to the western MLP audience. We already know many of them are horse fuckers and westaboos themselves and they've been getting commissions for shorts for western cartoons lately. All their shit has been more popular outside of Japan so they just want to target what they think is still a pretty big audience.
>>
>>153198481
But that is just your homosexual opinion anon.
>>
>>153198149
>people help akko
>0 thank you
There has to be limits to how retarded someone can be. Watch the episodes again, and this time pay attention, faggot. Everytime someone helps Akko, she always thanks them properly. She even thanked Diana when the latter helped her with the pronunciation of the butterfly spell or when she saved her in episode 3.
>>
>>153198142
I don't give a shit what trigger puts out, I just want to see Yoh Yoshinari directing more.
>>
>>153198589
What about this episode?
>>
>>153198643
What about it?
>>
Sucy > Connie > Lotte > Diana > fatty >>>>>>> Amanda > Akko
>>
KlK had more original concept than TTGL. It's a fact.
>>
>>153196591
Man, Falkor really went off the deep end after his movie career went down the shitter.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-08-07h31m32s847.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-08-07h31m32s847.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>153180631
Dude, that shit is like the antithesis of Trigger shows.

Why would you even expect any atmosphere building moments at all out of this show?
>>
>>153198778
Obviously.
The fact that it was an original IP and not an adaptation was also commendable.

Kill la Kill had flaws but it's something the industry needs more of.
>>
>>153198778
Why should that even matter? Having more originality doesn't always guarantee success. It's always the execution and both TTGL and KLK did that well.
>>
>>153172609
Shut up Sucy
>>
>all this autism itt
This is why ponyfags got their own board
>>
>>153201925
You obviously need to know the difference between the autism and to actually discuss the show.

>>153198778
Also, wrong.

battle suits was a concept that was already done and KLK drank from many other shows, incluiding TTGL.
>>
File: art rin.png (236KB, 590x396px) Image search: [Google]
art rin.png
236KB, 590x396px
The best kind of show
>>
>>153203567
I didn't watch KLK but from what I understand having a terrorist group consisting of nudists seems fairly original.
>>
File: 1484695418011.gif (1MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1484695418011.gif
1MB, 720x405px
>>153203921
Tell me more about these fucking kids shows
>>
>>153185477
Modern technology does little good if you're in some sort of magical pocket dimension which is not connected to the grid of the civilized world.

In the case of the mailing owls I simply assume that they are somehow privileged by magic. Maybe they get shortcuts through spacetime or something.
>>
>>153204077

One little aspect that got buried in a show that heavily relied on fanservice.

Because unfortunately, said group never amounted to anything in the story in the end save for two characters, one acting for fanservice and exposition and the other for comical relief and being complete useless, despite having a whole episode dedicated to his intoduction, both of their backgrounds get largely ignored in the end as well.
>>
>>153178805
I'd watch Valkyrie drive with my 8 year old nephew desu
>>
>>153172609
And it's still going to be AOTY. Funny.
>>
>>153172671

sales literally mean jack shit, flip flappers was one of the best shows last year and sold sub 1k bds for vol 1
>>
>>153172609
This is the most underage b& post I've ever seen.
>>
File: giphy.gif (482KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
482KB, 500x281px
>>153206162
>flip flappers was one of the best shows last year
>>
File: 1293675401173.jpg (615KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1293675401173.jpg
615KB, 1280x1024px
>>153204179
Animé is for fucking children.
>>
>>153172738
It will get interesting once they expose Diana as a fraud.
>>
>>153198778
The ending ripped off Kamen Rider OOO.
>>
So it seems the problem some people have is they feel "I expect a certain kind of anime from studio Trigger and am disappointed they are instead making something else." In this case having sakuga in a simple kid-friendly show. So what? Move on to the other anime this season. It's the same complaint Kyoani fans had with the announcement of Free.
>>
>>153196656
>Not a single headmistress fucking learned it,

It's like you've never seen a company run and operated entirely by women before.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.