[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can it be adapted to anime? If so, who can do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Vaga.jpg (26KB, 576x513px) Image search: [Google]
Vaga.jpg
26KB, 576x513px
Can it be adapted to anime? If so, who can do it?
>>
me
>>
File: Vagabond.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>153163324
>vagabond
>adapted to anime
could they even transfer the quality art into an anime without it being cgshit
>>
>>153163324
No thanks. I just want the manga to come back.
>>
File: Hara-Kiri.jpg (51KB, 688x288px) Image search: [Google]
Hara-Kiri.jpg
51KB, 688x288px
>>153163539
It might be more suited to live action, desu.
>>
>>153163324
nobody can do the art justice. it needs a live-action adaptation
>>
>>153163324
No
>>
Lets watch tsugumomo anime before thinking about getting vagabond adapted.
>>
File: toshiro-mifune-musahi.jpg (71KB, 564x630px) Image search: [Google]
toshiro-mifune-musahi.jpg
71KB, 564x630px
>>153163928
But anon it already got a live action adaptation
>>
There isn't a market for it anymore. It would have to be a massive endeavor, and there really wouldnt be any payout
>>
File: Vagabond.jpg (192KB, 1200x868px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond.jpg
192KB, 1200x868px
>>153164281
Unfortunately this. It could maybe play to the shonen crowd but there isn't any place in the anime world for mature, slow paced stories.

If anything, an HBO-caliber live action series would be the best option. It wouldn't even be that expensive to make since they can use already existing Japanese period piece sets and 75% of Vagabond takes place in nature anyway.
>>
>>153163324
>long ass arc about the main character dying of strarvation as he grows rice.
>long arc about a mute autist who kills a bunch of really nice guys for no actual reason

fuck is this manga even going? desu both kojiro and the mc are asshole sociopaths
>>
>>153164371
I could see it getting an adaption, in a movie targeted at the general public, with some sort of political message. It would only be a small part of the story that would be animated, in line of whatever message was supposed to be conveyed, but it might look really good.
>>
>>153164281
This. Look at what's trending on the market

>isekai
>mobage
>idol
>fujobait
>CGDCT

That's what people want these days. A Vagabond adaptation is too late.
>>
>>153164802
>these days
Lurk more and watch more anime.
>>
>>153164792
Political message? Not sure how they could pull any kind of politics out of Vagabond.
>>
>>153165654
Adaptations always come with alterations of the story. Even small nuances can add up to change the tone.
>>
>>153164820
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>153165768
I didn't say he was wrong. I implied that the implications of his wordings were untrue.
>>
>>153165693
Of course, but I don't see how a political message came come out of adapting a story to a different medium.
>>
>>153167394
Not out of necessity, but out of a deliberate choice.
If you're going to spend lots of money on a movie (and you need to spend a lot of money on Vagabond otherwise there's no point) and you can't expect a good return of your investment through merchandise, then you want some other form of profit.
Actually I was just thinking of the Grave of the Fireflies when I made that post, another normalfag movie with a political message that many people miss.
>>
>>153167501
Kind of an aside, but your elitism interests me: what would be an example of a movie/anime that is the opposite of normalfag? Basically, what's at the top?
>>
Shit overrated manga. Full of terrible characters that act retarded half the time.

Plus Musashi in real life was a little pussy that had to cheat to beat Kojiro. There are better manga out there that could use an anime instead.
>>
>>153167751
>elitism
I'm not being elitist right now.

To clear things up, normalfag anime are anime for people that don't like anime.

>what would be an example of a movie/anime that is the opposite of normalfag?
Anything that contains those elements that drive most people away from anime.
>>
>>153163324
Kyoani
>>
>>153164087
Mifune is so moe
>>
File: Vagabond art.jpg (2MB, 1650x1115px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond art.jpg
2MB, 1650x1115px
>>153163324
Vagabond is better suited to being adapted to live action.

Director: Takashi Miike
Music: Ryuuichi Sakamoto

Miyamoto Musashi: Takuya Kimura
Sasaki Kojiro: Takeshi Kaneshiro

Otsū: Emi Takei
Hon'iden Matahachi: Tadanobu Asano
Takuan Sōhō: Ken Watanabe
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.