[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched the first 2 episodes of brotherhood, and damn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

I just watched the first 2 episodes of brotherhood, and damn is it bad. The original series was pretty great, but i kept hearing people go on about broherhood being better. The pacing is an absolute mess, with way too many characters being shown too fast, and too briefly. The first couple episodes in the original series hooked me immediately.

Does this shit ever get better.
>>
>>153123234
They really blitz through the first dozen or so eps which are unfortunately the strongest part of the story. Even more unfortunately there are some boring slogs later and a weak ending.

Still bretty good overall though
>>
>>153123234
Skip to episode 13 if you've seen the first series everything before that is essentially recap
>>
>>153123351
I was wondering if that was the case, but some of the events seemed pretty different in the first 2 episodes.
>>
>>153123322
I agree with this anon. Once Brotherhood starts diverging from the 2003 version, it becomes good. It's a fucking mess in the beginning because they rush to get to that point.
>>
>>153123234
>>153123351
I actually watched Brotherhood before 2003 and thought 2003 was shit.
>>
>>153123390
Any differences between them is mostly due to them cutting stuff way down to get through it as fast as possible
>>
>>153123390
Episode 1 is anime original
>>
Yeah after 17 episodes of rushed shit appears a bunch of chinks and then it gets better
>>
>>153123466
I really don't like them, I would have preferred they kept it smaller scale, all inside conflict of the one country instead of escalating the scale at ridiculous pace to the point of falling into the japanese cliche of fighting god for the big boss.
>>
>>153123399
>2003 is more campy and the tone less like a battle shounen
>"it's shit"
>>
>people says brotherhood is better than 2003
>Dante is a woman who manipulates everyone who knows her and toys with the lives of many people for selfish gain
>"father" is a dark clone of Edward's daddy who is also some demonic shitlord from the gate who wants to attain the powers of godhood

>Brotherhood
>lel Edward can pawnch God now with his bare fists just because lel
>>
>>153123694
Nazi end is bad because it's just fucking wacky as hell and also alternate reality horseshit, but brotherhood ending is just weak as shit, not to mention generic.

The final fight is shounenshit as it gets and I also love how Ed has spent every waking moment over the years trying to think of a way to restore his brother but only conveniently recognizes the answer that's been right in front of his face since day 1 right after beating the fina boss, and with effectively no negative consequences at that.

At least nazi end is somewhat interesting just in the sheer bizarre nature of it.
>>
>>153123234
Brotherhood terribly mishandles pretty much every major arc until after Lab 5. Lior and Tucker/Nina in particular are done way better in the 2003 version. Grit your teeth and power through the first 10-15 episodes, and after that it gets much better.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12280533/r
>>
>>153123793
Parallel worlds were foreshadowed from the beginning. It makes perfect sense once you get into what the gate is modeled after, and it makes more sense as far as how their alchemy is powered goes. Being fueled by human souls and the Philosopher's Stone amplifying their alchemy with a high concentration of souls makes more sense than souls acting as an alternative to tectonic plate shifting.
>>
>>153123694
Dante is the worst goddamn villain, like holy shit. She's a deluded and selfish cunt that tries to moralize her actions like an edgy 14 year old girl on her livejournal.
She's a complete letdown of a villain and it's clear she doesn't mesh with what's initially established with the start of the series.
>>
>>153123234
That's because it assumes you've already seen the 2013 version, which was faithful to the manga up until a point you retard.
>>
>>153123694
>lel Edward can pawnch God now with his bare fists just because lel
>>
What motivates someone to make a thread shitting on a show when they barely watched 2 damn episodes?
>>
>>153124861
It's just that it's shockingly bad compared to the original.
>>
Has one of the most satisfying endings in anime even though the beginning is eh
>>
>watch around 5% of the show
>wow this show is terrible

Fuck off
>>
>>153124844
that was some anime bs
>>
File: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_Face_Emoji.png
101KB, 640x640px
If the opening several episodes were at the same pace as the original series then people would still complain because then you're just watching the same thing twice.

Really makes you think.

People in this thread are being way to negative, the opening episodes to brotherhood are bad compared to the rest of the series only if you haven't seen the original series.
>>
>>153125200
3%
>>
>>153125369
I honestly think they're bad regardless of the original series.
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
ok.
>>
>>153125369
It's almost as if... GASP... it didn't need to be remade! Because 2003 was already fucking amazing!

If they WERE going to try and remake it and have Brotherhood be the "definitive superior version", then you better fucking believe I want them to nail those starting episodes like they did in 2003.
>>
>>153123234
It's still one of the few anime I dropped, around ep 35. Always the same characters saying the same things. Even when the show tries to do something interesting or unpredictable, the way the characters react to it is exactly what you'd expect.
>>
>>153127352
2003 was literally bad fanfiction
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.