[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how are they going to make a 1-cour show out of this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: demi.jpg (52KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
demi.jpg
52KB, 315x450px
So how are they going to make a 1-cour show out of this series? They have like 8 chapters left of content to work with (while using 2-3 in each episode). I can only see this being absurdly stretched out or filled with OC.
>>
>>153112350
Can we all agree Demi-chan was a fucking MISTAKE?

That recent snow episode was a disater.
>>
Just make an entire episode of Archer-sensei flexing.
>>
I've only seen 3 episodes but that Kirino looking girl is annoying me so much I don't want to continue, the sucubus is alright and the dullahan is great, maybe episode 4 will have more of those two and less of the annoying and generic genki Kirino
>>
>>153112380
I didn't hate the Yuki stuff, and I was glad they completed the arc in the end. But there's just so little material to work with.

>>153112453
Ep 4 focuses on vampire and yuki-onna, and gets pretty dry with bullying. May not be up everyone's alley.
>>
File: 1486103334887.png (108KB, 313x363px) Image search: [Google]
1486103334887.png
108KB, 313x363px
>>153112591
>and gets pretty dry with bullying
Oh yeah I forgot about that, the cartoony bullies by the end of episode 3. Guess I'll just skip that episode.
>>
I just want more vampire.
>>
>>153112350
Thanks for reminding me why I don't bother with most of a new season despite how interesting the concept.

Half baked balls to sell a fledgling series.
>>
Being vitriolic feels good, doesn't it?
>>
>>153112713
Just the first half, otherwise you'll miss the best scene of the show
>>
>>153112350

It dropped the ball with the entire "they are just minimally different humans".

Despite the fact that one of them is a 100% magical being with a separate head and magic flame.

The cold sweat thing was retarded.
>>
>>153113157
I personally think the 'minimally different humans' is probably the best part of the series. It gets great when you realize this is all just a giant allegory for disabled people.
>>
Episode nine will be sensei touching his students inappropriately for 24 minutes.
>>
>>153113231
It tries to be a allegory but literally the only one with any sort of problem is dullahan.

Vampire can eat garlic, can play in the sun, doesn't need to suck the blood of humans, is very evidently not affected by crosses (her sister). Can probably cross rivers too.

Snowlady gets more hot from exercise than a 40C bath which doesn't kill her for some reason. She can also sweat despite saying she can't sweat.
>>
>>153112350
you DO know that there arround 10 chapters beyond the last translated one, right?
>>
>>153113858
Yeah Machi kinda ruins the whole thing of Demi's just being slightly different humans.

The other 3 girls have realistic mutations and then Machi has a fuckin wormhole neck and flame thing.
>>
>>153113858
The show is saying that 'you can be disabled without having large problems'.

Snowkid is just there to show the darker sides of disabilities, where people ostracize themselves because they feel different.

Dullahan is basically a wheel-chair girl with full support from the parents. We talk more about how she gets through a day than about her condition.

Vampire-chan can corollate to someone with ADHD. It's something that isn't noticable on the surface unless she tells them, but can still affect life. She the best case of 'I have a problem but I can still live happily with it'.

Only the Succubus has a truly difficult condition, but they show that you can live a normalish life regardless.

I wonder if the series will ever introduce more characters, because at this point I'm not sure what else there is to say.
>>
>>153114133
I was under the impression that the translators had started picking up from the raws since the fourth volume ended. Glad I was wrong about the content. That said, these are still 15 page chapters with only 36(?) chapters to work with.
>>
>>153114298
Not him but to me these demis with slight "disabilities" might as well just pass off as humans. I don't find it interesting and it doesn't make for a good allegory. Why not show what actual 'disabled' people go through? Instead of just having a vampire with only a very small case of skin sensitivity to the sun. Going for the "these people are equal to the rest of society even though they have physical disadvantages" route would make much more sense if they actually brought home the point that they do HAVE physical disadvantages. The Dullahan and to some extent the Succubus are the only ones that aren't kinda being treated as a gimmick.
>>
>>153114895
> The Dullahan and to some extent the Succubus are the only ones that aren't kinda being treated as a gimmick.

I agree, that's why I hope they add a few more characters. I'm glad that the author tried something like this with the subgenre (which is generally filled with ecchi) ut for the allegory to work they need to go further. For example, Succy-Sensei could have a friend who portrays the harsher route demis follow, or something else. I believe the author wants to keep the series' tone lighthearted, which is why the series hasn't tried more crippled demis.
>>
>>153114895
because probably nobody wants to actually watch disabled people. and no one would want it to be shoved in their face. you say you want it till you actually get it and its depressing, and would make the audience pity them instead.
I mean I didnt read more of koe no katachi after the first chapter.
>>
>>153112380
you're mom says you were a fucking MISTAKE.
>>
>>153114412
they aren't following the manga's timeline, they are jumping from one chapter to other to build up some episodes and make something more coherent
>>
>>153112380
(You)
>>
>>153113858
>>153113231
>>153114298
you guys are fucking morons if you don't realize the appeal of demi-chan is simply cute girls lustin after a sexy male teacher
>>
>>153115208

I wouldn't mind a deaf girlfriend to be honest. I've always wanted to learn sign language.

Of all the disabilities, I think deafness is the easiest to live and get along with.
>>
>>153112350
I'm actually glad the Yuki stuff is under the rug now. Forced drama sucks, and Yuki is a shitty character. More focus on Vamp, Dullahan, and Succy please.
>>
>>153116532
>implying
Not everyone is a self-insert faggot.
>>
>>153116655
>self-insert
male teacher is not self-insert material
>handsome
>fit
>competent
>not a blushing incompetent beta

the show is still haremshit though
>>
>>153116724
He was acting like one in the latest episode though.
>>
>>153116857
feeling the breasts of your student is not okay
>>
>>153116600
which is why it was deafness (havent had a mute one yet) and not someone actually retarded, has no hands, has no feet, or has OCD.

>>153116857
he's a teacher that felt his student's breast. did you actually watch the show?
>>
>>153112380
It started off as my favorite of the season
Maybe it'll get better once snow-chan isn't the fucking main character
But then it'll be an A1 pictures original so nevermind
Fuck this show
>>
>>153116919
>>153116926
>losing your spaghetti
Still counts. A competent person should never lose their spaghetti, ever.
>>
>>153112380
>snow episode
>disaster
fuck you nerd, snow chan is for cuddling.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.