[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Piccolo...when I die, will I be able to see that fool Kakarot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>Piccolo...when I die, will I be able to see that fool Kakarot?
>I'll be honest with you, Vegeta...wait haven't you already died already? Yea you definitely died on Namek, how do you not know what happens
>Oh true. Eh, what am I worried about anyways, you guys'll just wish me back at some point

why do people find this scene emotional in any way? It's just dumb.
>>
>>152988573
Buu is a pretty big threat, if Goku and Vegeta were unable to deal with him, he might end up killing Dende and destroying New Namek, so things can be risky. Plus, there's the whole one year thing, so you have to make the wishes count, and we all know that Buu can certainly wipe out humanity in less than that.
>>
>>152988573
I'll bite.

Because Goku wasn't dead when he first died.

So he wouldn't know if he would be able to see Goku or not.
>>
>>152988737
The question was more "will I go to the same place as him" than anything, though. Vegeta knows about King Kai and Goku told everyone about the big tournament in otherworld, and he already died once to know where he would go.

So Vegeta's whole conversation with Piccolo doesn't make sense.
>>
>>152988847
Devil's advocating again.

Considerable time had passed since he died at Namek. He had done considerable good things since that time. Not enough to tilt the scales but enough doubt to warrant the question whether there is a chance he will end up in the same place as Goku.

I guess my counter-point is, there is enough plausible deniability to not totally ruin the scene.
>>
>>152988902
>Devil's advocating again
But the Devil's right above you, anon. >>152988666
>>
>>152988847
He was only dead for about ten minutes or so. Besides, he was sent to Hell.
>>
He wasn't dead long enough to get sent to hell the first time he died, the characters need to be judged first, and as we saw in Buu arc, there are long queues.
>>
>>152988962
>ten minutes
What are you talking about?

The whole battle took less than 5 minutes.

>>152988955
No. Thats legit.
>>
>>152988847
>>152988573
Hello. It was established in super that different planets have different afterlifes. Freeza specifically referred to hell as "earth's hell". This implies vegeta went elsewhere the first time he died, on namek. Vegeta could have just been wondering if he would be in the same afterlife system as goku.
>>
>>152989080
Not OP but wouldn't this be retcon?
>>
>>152989221
I thought it would be bitching too much to put this in the OP too, but I find it funny how in this scene Piccolo tells Vegeta the evil are stripped of their memories and reincarnated, but we had already been introduced to hell, and saw characters like the ginyu force (even if it was filler) and then later freeza experience it.
>>
>>152988573
The scene isn't sad because Vegeta is dying in battle, but because it's the first time he's willing to do so for the sake of anyone besides himself. Even after getting a family, he's a complete asshole and always concerned with his pride. This is really the first demonstration that he cares for them where he is truly unable to blow it off and pretend it's just his lust for battle coinciding with protecting his family. He's sacrificing himself and any potential victory over Goku for the sake of protecting someone else.
>>
>>152988573
>wait haven't you already died already? Yea you definitely died on Namek, how do you not know what happens

Goku wasn't dead at that point, though.
>>
>>152990717
but goku told everyone where he went, and vegeta died before to know where he would go.
>>
>>152989287
>and then later freeza experience it.

Freeza was being tortured in hell, instead of installed reincarnated, because he was such an asshole who would rather be tortured forever than repent and be cleansed. Barring someone calling in a favor (see, Goku after Kid Buu dies), most of the evil people who die stay dead and are tortured until they repent to have their soul cleansed.

As for the OP, you got the context completely wrong. Vegeta was hopeful he would get to keep his body; which Piccolo pointed out there was no way possible, for all the evil shit he's done, even if your ignore Vegeta's bullshit in Earth. Getting to keep your body, in the afterlife, is a special privilege, even among good people in Dragon Ball.
>>
>>152988995
Honestly this.

The first time he died he was stuck in purgatory.
>>
>>152989842
>He's sacrificing himself and any potential victory over Goku for the sake of protecting someone else.

True. But the gesture itself is rather hollow, when you consider the fact that's it's entirely because of Vegeta's selfishness that not only Majin Buu was released, but that the situation got to where he had to own up to it.

The biggest thing to take away from this shit with Majin Buu is that Vegeta not only let's Babadi mindfuck him for the sake of a cheap power up, to match Goku, which turned out to be for naught, since Goku was holding back for the sake of Vegeta's pride--which is pretty fucked up, since Vegeta would go on to senselessly murder innocent people to get Goku to fight him seriously; to the point Goku was going to murder that uselessly piece of shit Kaioshin, to stop Vegeta's faggotry.

The worst part of all this is that Goku leaves his son and Kaioshin to fight Dabura/Babadi/Majin Buu, while Vegeta has his little mid-life crisis and everyone is left thinking Gohan and Kaioshin were killed by Majin Buu, before Vegeta goes off to an hero.

'Vegeta's Sacrifice' is complete horse-shit, because if it were anyone, but Goku, they would have legit tried to kill Vegeta for not only letting this shit escalate needlessly, but running off to face Majin Buu alone, after basically being indirectly responsible for getting Goku's son killed (even though it turns out Gohan and Kaioshin didn't die).
>>
>>152991272
>>152989842

It's sad for Vegetafans, but when you put it in proper context it's bullshit because Vegeta is the person who set all this shit in motion. He chose to neglect kid Trunks and Bulma, for seven years, despite crying for Future Trunks. He took the majin seal and fought Goku knowing it was feeding Buu and then he chooses to make amends by offing himself, this is after leaving Goku's kid for dead and killing a shitload of civilians, for the sake of a fight with a guy who was only going to be around for 24 hours.
>>
>>152991069
>you got the context completely wrong
>talks about completely irrelevant shit

huh. ok.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.