[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Okabe just a college kid who got lucky while trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Okabe-Rintarou.jpg (77KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Okabe-Rintarou.jpg
77KB, 500x281px
So is Okabe just a college kid who got lucky while trying to invent a remote contol microwave? Or is he a gigalomanic who though his delusions of Hououin Kyoma unknowingly awakened to his powers, discovered his D-sword: the Cyalume Saber, and real booted time machines into existence?
>>
>>152950279
その目だれの目?
>>
>>152950353
wakarimasen
>>
File: 24342342.jpg (177KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
24342342.jpg
177KB, 800x1131px
Okabe got lucky and i'm not talking about time machines
>>
File: 1437037753555.jpg (7KB, 195x215px) Image search: [Google]
1437037753555.jpg
7KB, 195x215px
>>152950353

その目神の目
>>
>>152950279
Okabe is a genius who goes to lectures by famous physicists and creates ideas and helps with the blueprints for various inventions, as well as devises a plan to create a timeline where everyone is free from fate. He is a genius, canonically. That said, the time machine was a complete accident.
>>
>>152950279
yes
>>
>>152951062

He's not a genius. He has a reasonable amount of intelligence, and enough engineering experience to help make FGL gadgets. He has a great deal of willpower though.
>>
>>152950905
tfw you will never smack into Kurisu's chest
>>
>>152950279
He's the local hero of Akiba, Alpacaman!
>>
>>152951062
>goes to lectures by famous physicists

That's just some extra credit class and Kurisu isn't even actually a physicist, Daru goes too for his credits.

>devises a plan to create a timeline where everyone is free from fate

Honestly the hints kind of just drop in his lap by accident like the time machine.
>>
File: SG0_EV019A.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SG0_EV019A.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>152950279
He sees a Sumo Seal without flipping his shit, he's not a gigalomaniac.
>>
>>152951767
The future version of him apparently does some pretty impressive stuff in the worldline where Kurisu dies, though, doesn't he?

>That's just some extra credit class and Kurisu isn't even actually a physicist
Do we know what Okabe is majoring in, by the way?

Anyways, I'm only familiar with the S;G VN itself, not any other material, but I don't think the VN at least gives enough info about Okabe's intelligence. We know he's both kind of smart and kind of silly, but we don't see how he does in his actual studies. He's a first year university student, so even if he is bright, he wouldn't necessarily have much more knowledge and skill than he shows, so he might be pretty brilliant. Or maybe not. What does other S;G material have to say on the subject?
>>
>>152951944
>The future version of him apparently does some pretty impressive stuff in the worldline where Kurisu dies, though, doesn't he?

I don't know how much credit we can give to his results in 0 because the biggest hint for deceiving the world sort of drops in his lap and the final bit might be the culmination of over several of different lifetimes of offscreen work by different Okabes. The recursive endings in 0 sorta mean he has to eventually succeed anyways, otherwise it's an endless loop.

His work with divergence in the future of both timelines is pretty legit though, but we don't know how that actually works.

>Do we know what Okabe is majoring in, by the way?

He's an electrical engineer in a fairly good university for it, Maho looks it up in a drama CD and is a little surprised it's a respectable place. His grades aren't good enough to switch to neuroscience and enter Kurisu's university though, but that's implied to be really tough.
>>
>>152951944

>Do we know what Okabe is majoring in, by the way?

Electrical engineering in Tokyo Denki University.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.