[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Originals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: aniori.png (2MB, 928x1596px) Image search: [Google]
aniori.png
2MB, 928x1596px
How does /a/ feel about the ratio of original shows/series being produced compared to the number of Manga/Light Novel/Game adaptations out there?

Also, what's your favorite anime original series from this decade?
>>
Has there even been a good anime original in recent years?
>>
File: 1423762412490.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423762412490.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
I want more original for sure but I think the shitty ones outweigh the actual good originals so studios tend to shy away.
>>
>>152931026
>Also, what's your favorite anime original series from this decade?
Strike witches.
>>
>>152931026
Girls und Panzer and Shirobako tie for my favorites.
>>
LWA counts.
>>
>>152931026
Originals are nice and all but my god do they suck the majority of the time. At least adaptations usually have a decent story behind them (excluding battle harem LNs)
>Also, what's your favorite anime original series from this decade?
Tamako Market/Love Story
>>
>>152931026
>what's your favorite anime original series from this decade?
Tamako Love Story
>>
It has roughly the same risks as adapting a work. While you don't need to flesh out most of the story and characters for the adaptation, the pacing, the choice of animators, character designers and voice actors heavily influence the overall success of an adaptation, if the fans don't like it. But even if it flops, it still promotes the original material, by boosting its sales and the merchandise that comes along with it.

Whereas an original is a full risk factor, since if the original idea and premise is bad, all money is going down the drain. If the execution goes wrong, it affects the sales again If the pacing is bad, it can fuck up the whole show. If the ending sucks, it fucks up the sales yet again.

But if the original idea is well received, the story is interesting, the characters are decent, the execution is good an anime original can turn into a literal cash cow. Just look at Neon Genesis Evangelion or Madoka.
>>
>>152931026
Literally do not care, I only care if it's good
>>
>>152931026
Why is your half-assed chart so lacking? Is it fro trolling purposes?
>>
File: 1474705810255.png (49KB, 448x439px) Image search: [Google]
1474705810255.png
49KB, 448x439px
>>152931492
I put down everything that was a super-big hit (Madoka, Girls und Panzer, Love Live), everything popular in the west (Tiger & Bunny, Kill la Kill, Space Dandy, Psycho Pass, A:Z, Death Parade), everything that's gone on to have a bunch of sequels/spinoffs (Wixoss, Symphogear, Yuki Yuna), and shit that /a/ was really into while it was airing (Ano Natsu, SamFlam, Shirobako, Izetta, Flip Flappers).

I don't know what else I'm lacking asides from stuff from 2010 since I felt 2011 on kinda got my point across.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.