[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keitai Mandela Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So earlier this morning, I stumbled upon this copypasta on /pol/

>A boy falls in love with a girl.
>Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
>Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Now when I read it, I was sure I've actually watched the Anime (I even remember some key plot points) a few years ago. I decided that I wanted to re watch it, only to find out it's a copypasta and a meme. Is this the Mandela Effect at work?
>>
It's because it sounds like a typical romance plot of an anime.
>>
>>152902601
But I could swear I even remember the title and the "great reveal" of what's behind the original text message he receives. The girl had brown hair and there are shots of them walking in the same place but in parallel universes.
>>
File: 1485883324067.jpg (23KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1485883324067.jpg
23KB, 128x128px
>>152902601
I even clearly remember the ending. How can this be a coincidence? I now believe that somebody has altered the worldline Steins;Gate style and I managed to retain my memories...
>>
You have a terrible memory, so your brain just makes shit up and tells you it really happened.

It's a common condition across humanity.
>>
>>152902813
What was the ending like?
>>
>>152903086
Well shit... And I was sure that I greatly enjoyed it...
>>
>He actually watched KeitAi
>>
>>152903154
No, anon. I remember i watched it too. I remember it being a thing for a few weeks, but all torrents and streams were deleted because some copyright affair.
>>
>>152903142
Okay, I don't know if I should mark this as a spoiler, but since you'll never be able to watch it anyway, here goes...
First of all, as the show goes on, more information is given on the relationship between the two worlds (it got pretty Sci-fi near the end) and how events in one would reflect on the events in the other world. The idea is that the same people can exist in both worlds and they share a soul. So the idea is that your math teacher in your world has the same soul as the math teacher of your AU counterpart. The big "plot twist" is that there can sometimes be errors in the incarnation process (when a soul is bound to a body) and such an error happened with MC and main girl. They are basically the same soul and that's why they could communicate (the phones actually did nothing, when MC let his version of main girl speak to AU version of main girl, they couldn't hear each other).

These "errors" are what originally cause worlds to split and alternate universes to be created. For example, if in AU, Hitler's incarnation was fucked and he had someone else's soul, he would have a different impact on history, causing the worlds to diverge. Cont.?
>>
>>152903531
fucking lol
>>
>>152903531
Cont.
The last "arc" of the anime is spent like a relay of sorts, where MC and Main Girl (MG from now on) have to find out what caused their worlds to split and correct the divergences and reunite as one soul. So MG and MC tell each other observations about their day and try to notice differences in the world state and link them to one major event. They eventually trace it back to the Sarin subway attack, which never happened in MG's AU (I don't remember how they found it, but there was quite a lot of action in both worlds and many artistic shots of them visiting the same places and basically being the same person in different bodies). So it turns out that the "error" was also a soul swap between some crazy guy and a chemist. The MC's universe's chemist is revealed to have sent the text message with MG's "phone number" as a call for help to solve the divergence which would lead to world destruction. After doing some more cool shit, they manage to correct the error in causality and reunite the two worlds. Since it's an entirely new world now, MC and MG are one person (looks like MC, but they were one soul anyway) and this new MC gets the courage to walk up to MG and confess his love. The show ends without showing her response, but we're still left emotionally satisfied since their soul is whole again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.