[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should I wait after watching EoE before I try out the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: evangelion-unit-01-wallpaper-3.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion-unit-01-wallpaper-3.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
How long should I wait after watching EoE before I try out the rebuilds?

I finished a week or so ago but I crave more Eva content. However I don't want the rebuilds to ruin my impression of End of Evangelion. I understand that they aren't as good according to most people.

>inb4 don't watch them
I'm watching them eventually, I just can't decide when
>>
just watch it whenever
>>
>>152780392
>However I don't want the rebuilds to ruin my impression of End of Evangelion.
Shouldn't the opposite happen? Bad show tend to make good ones look even better in comparison.
>>
The first and second movies, although worse than the original series, aren't bad by any means. The problem lies in the third movie, which is a giant turd.

Something that I find funny about the rebuilds is that despite having infinite budget they still look worse than the original anime. Why is that? Why all modern anime looks like generic shit?
>>
>>152780392
>I finished a week ago

You should be fine. Just have some of your favorite TV episodes ready as a palate cleanser if you don't like 3.33.
>>
File: tumblr_mqtxcrDlnG1r4jfevo4_500.gif (436KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqtxcrDlnG1r4jfevo4_500.gif
436KB, 500x213px
>>152781334
The lines are too soft
>>
>>152780392
Rebuilds are fanfiction.
In fact, the plot of 3.33 has a lot of parallel with a famous fanfic, with Kaworu replacing Asuka.
>>
>>152781678
>Fanfiction

I'd prefer to look at them as an alternate ending (assuming they are a sequel (which they are)). They should have zero bearing on the old series but are official and should probably be watched
>>
>>152780392
Don't watch them, just watch Godzilla 2016 if you need EVA aesthetics
>>
You are a literal autist, like everyone who still likes Eva.
It doesn't matter how long you wait you fucking retard.
>How long should I wait after watching EoE before I try out the rebuilds?
What kind of a fucking brain dead retard would ask such idiotic question?
>>
File: 1485589979546.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485589979546.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>152781925
>>
>>152781334
>>152781448
It's because of the colouring. Modern anime (aside from exceptions) doesn't put much effort into their colouring, it;s usually bland and doesn't have much regard for colour theory either. The old show had striking visuals and colours and actual direction when it came to choosing what colours to use. Also, a lot of newer anime use this effect with light shining from one point in the screen to show sunlight or whagtever, which, imo, looks ugly. There's also the fact that old cell animation has a sort of charm that digital colouring doesn't, if they make the same choices it doesn't have the same effect since it looks too clean.
KyoAni stuff does use this pretty well, though, it's not as jarring and since they put thought into their colouring, they look better as well. There's other stuff too with good colour choices, but Kyoani is the first that popped to mind.
>>
>>152782459
Another thing that I notice is that most modern anime look the same or at least very similar, whereas old anime had more variation in terms of style, at least as I see it. Do you think that's due to anime being too dependent on computers, CGI and technology in general these days, compared to the time where it was almost entirely hand draw?
>>
>>152782917
I think that's more because the anime industry has become really incestuous in terms of plot and art style. Anime art directors/character designers and manga artists rather than take inspiration from real life, do it from other anime and manga, which leads to a lot of them looking very similar. It's one of the things Miyazaki says is ruinging anime IIRC.
There's no reason for digital to influence this, it's only a means to an end, rather than the actual product. Kaiba had some CGI and Ping Pong the Animation was done digitally for a lot of its scenes and both those shows look very different and really good, too. Digital isn't the problem, it's the fact that the creators don't put much thought into what they make, in terms of visuals at least. A lot of anime seems to be heavily script based.
>>
File: Re-Build.jpg (975KB, 1810x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Re-Build.jpg
975KB, 1810x1406px
>>152781678
>>
>>152780392
The movies are a sequel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.