[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-monogatari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 75274.jpg (38KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
75274.jpg
38KB, 225x321px
How much of this franchise is actually worth watching? I see the Kizumonogatari movies tagged as action and horror and whatnot, but the rest seems ti be tagged with a lot of ecchi and comedy, which aren't really my things.
>>
>>152772596
Just watch it, production order.
>>
>>152772693
why not chronological?
>>
>>152772777
Story doesn't unfold in a way that was meant to be read chronologically. Author wrote the story in a set order, just read it following that order.
>>
File: 1463752176294.jpg (812KB, 3540x1760px) Image search: [Google]
1463752176294.jpg
812KB, 3540x1760px
>>152772777
Because not all of it is released chronologically and the Kizu adaptation is so different from the rest of the series that you honestly should leave it for last.
This image is outdated when it comes to LNs but just follow the anime release order and you'll be fine
>>
>>152772693
>>152772807
>>152772839
Okay, thanks a ton. But what about the other half of the question? Is the story really worth the length?
>>
File: 7 reasons to watch monogatari.jpg (771KB, 1111x5000px) Image search: [Google]
7 reasons to watch monogatari.jpg
771KB, 1111x5000px
Top tier girls
Top tier OST
Top tier voice acting
Top tier visuals
Some fanservice
A lot of puns with japanese language bit of a hit or miss scenario
Some interesting ideas and philosophies, some dumb and immature ones
some self-aware meta humour
some romance
story is nothing that special

unironically one of my favourites ever
even if most of what I said doesn't appeal to you I recommend just watching it for the girls
>>
File: 1473704685230.jpg (2MB, 4313x2618px) Image search: [Google]
1473704685230.jpg
2MB, 4313x2618px
>>152772931
Just watch Bake and judge for yourself. Its my favourite series but im fully aware that a lot of people hate it. Even if you end up not liking it after finishing Bake it can be seen as its own thing since its the first one but the rest really arent that different aside from Kizu The anime that is so start with Bake, if you dont like it then dont watch anymore and if you do like it just keep watching in release order.
>>
I like Shaft and Zetsubou Sensei, I just doubt I'll ever watch Monogatari. All the pedo shit and fanservice really turns me off.
>>
I don't think /a/ is for you OP.
>>
>>152772596
Monogatari S2 is the best, but you should watch Bake and Nise prior to that.
>>
>>152772596
Watch bake and then decide if you want to continue, if you hate it after 2 or 3 first episodes just drop it
You don't need to watch whole series in 1 day
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.