[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haruhi in 2017 gone forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Both of Puyo's spinoffs are now beyond the time of events left off in the original reality. Sasaki already had made an appearance in both, and in both the story has progressed to events beyond those in Suprise. Yuki even has longer hair in her spinoff, and the SOS has another dog (?) in the latest volume of haruhi-chan.

Why do the spinoffs continue to go beyond in their respective timelines, whilst the original Tanigawa reality has no evidence of ever continuing from where it left off? Is Tanigawa really dead? Will the remains of the franchise continue to lie on Puyo's literal fanfiction?

Pic related is a very recent photo on Puyo's twitter in relation to his latest volumes of the spinoffs he's made.
>>
Who actually still cares about this franchise. It had one good series and a movie. And that was forever ago.
>>
Let me tell you a little secret. Tanigawa is a very shitty author. The anime adaptation is the only reason people like the Haruhi so much. They took some terribly written books that had a good premise, and made a great show.

Tanigawa probably just cant think of anything good to write. He knows that whatever he writes will be disappointing, even if it does sell well. He stopped while everyone was still high on the anime, and were too blinded to see how bad the novels are. He made the right choice.
>>
>>152691979
But the books are far better than the anime.
>>
>>152691979
The books broke records before the anime came out.
>>
>>152691979
It can work with Kyoani adaptations of their own shitty LNs, but Kadokawa has much higher publishing standards, so no, Haruhi books are really good.
>>
>>152691204
Yuki-chan is the best version of that franchise, so who cares about whether it's moved beyond certain points in either the main series or any of it's other spinoffs?
>>
>>152693656
No it is not. My boy Kyon chanced too much in that series
>>
>>152691204
Yuki-chan is already over, The one in the pic is the cover of the last volume. With nothing to promote, Kadokawa most likely will not make anime S2 (thank god).
Haruhi-chan is still on-going, so there might be a slim chance to get Haruhi-chan S2...since it is the only on-going thing of the whole Haruhi franchise now.
>>
Haruhi will come back when Aya Hirano comes back.
>>
>>152693003
>>152692756
>>152692459
Any proof the books are good?
Popular and published by some company =/= being good.
>>
>>152694642
Oh god it's the /v/ meme
>>
>>152694585
she has come back
>>
File: 1401413371945.jpg (57KB, 618x782px)
1401413371945.jpg
57KB, 618x782px
Haruhi is the love of my life!
>>
>>152691204
>we're on volume 10
>yuki has longer hair now
>tfw no money right now for 3 more volumes and thought this series was already over
I fail my one true waifu yet again
>>
>>152694642
Oh god, milenials
>>
>>152691979
That's retarded. People were excited for the Haruhi anime because of the LN. KyoAni can't turn something bad into something good (exception made for K-on because only 5% of the anime is taken from the shitty manga). That's why you have Phantom World and shit like that nowadays.
>>
File: 1429421889791.png (89KB, 360x270px)
1429421889791.png
89KB, 360x270px
>>152693656
>Yuki-chan is the best version of that franchise

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>152699451
It's becoming the alpha timeline at this point
Puyo has taken over and is now feeding Tanigawa ideas
The machine is turning
>>
>>152693656
Kill yourself bruh
>>
>>152699542
but i dont want taaki
>>
File: 8777.jpg (245KB, 848x415px) Image search: [Google]
8777.jpg
245KB, 848x415px
>>152696980
Buzz off she's mine
>>
>>152692756
>>152693003
So shit like Divergent is good because it sold well? No. Divergent is trash, and so are the Haruhi novels. I read all the novels because I wanted to continue the story. I was sorely disappointed. For people who have read more than 10 books in their life, it's obvious that he's terrible at writing.
>>
>>152702620
The novels are good and in fact better than the anime though.
>>
>>152702874
They really aren't. With the exception of Endless Eight.

Kyon's endless rambling is terrible, so they hired a good VA, and gave us some good visuals to make it enjoyable. Haruhi's antics are much better visually represented. And finally, the Disappearance was made into a 10/10 film.

I slogged through the Haruhi books, and blamed it on reading a translated novel. Then I read Kizumonogatari in a day, and realized that that excuse doesn't work.
>>
>>152705084
Kyon's narration doesn't work as well as in the anime where it complements the visuals rather than stopping them, but that's pretty much all of the problem. On the other hand you have much more interesting writing and developments in the sequels, and even in the adapted novels some of it was cut by the anime. If you don't fall asleep every time you have to read 5 lines of a guy complaining about trivial shit, the following novels are better than the anime.
>>
>>152696980
Kyon pls we know that already
>>
>>152705206
The unadapted novels do have some interesting developments, but they are again ruined by the writing. I'm sure they would be great if they were adapted.
>>
>>152694642
>Any proof the books are good?
>proof the books are good?
>proof
are you for real
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.