[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the azumanga daioh OP really that influential?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Was the azumanga daioh OP really that influential?
>>
>>152686428
Yes
>>
Yukari is MY wife.
>>
>>152686428
And apparently the autistic author hates the anime adaptation despite it being widely adored the world over. What's his problem?
>>
>>152687009
Nips having shit taste, what else is new
>>
>>152686743
drive for her
>>
>>152687009
The worst thing about Azuma hating the Azudai anime is that it ensures we'll never get a Yotsuba adaptation even though the manga is popular
>>
>>152687115
It's probably for the best
>>
>>152687009

Bad experience with J.C. Staff fucking with his material

Think Yumekui Merry but on a less ergregious scale
>>
>>152687009
>>152687057
>>152687115
>>152687388
It's been repeated many, many times over the years that Azuma did not hate the anime adaption. I don't understand why this rumor persists.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-04/yotsuba&creator-kiyohiko-azuma-addresses-anime-rumors
>People have been asking Azuma about rumors that friction between him and the Azumanga Daioh anime staff is the reason why a Yotsuba&! anime has never been green-lit. Azuma emphatically states that the new rumors are false, and laughs at the notion that there is friction between him and director Hiroshi Nishikiori or voice actress Tomoko "Kane-Tomo" Kaneda (Chiyo). Still, he acknowledges it is not good to have two people competing for control of an anime production.

> Azuma explains that the reason that a Yotsuba&! anime has not been attempted so far is the difficulty of adapting its idiosyncratic storytelling. For example, he notes there is one scene in which the title character Yotsuba is visiting the Ayase family to play. Yotsuba walks in the door and says, "Konnichiwa—" ("Hello!"). Azuma uses several panels of nothing happening to represent time passing, and then the scene just ends.

The reason why you're not getting a Yotsuba adaption anytime soon isn't because he hated the AzuDai adaption, but because he thinks the pacing wouldn't work in an anime.
>>
>>152687669
thanks for saving me the time in posting that.
>>
>>152687009
>>152687057
>>152687058
>>152687115
>>152687223
>>152687388
Perpetuating a decade old rumor, why is /a/ so shit?
>>
File: 1482945755603.png (532KB, 975x847px)
1482945755603.png
532KB, 975x847px
>>152687115
Why do you need a Yotsuba anime? Just enjoy it for what it is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.