[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That was dumb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

That was dumb.
>>
>>152634854
not at all, back in the days anime scenes like this costed alot of money because you had to pay a lot of extras, now they do it with cgi
>>
Code Geass was dumb
>>
>>152635126
rofl
>>
V for Vendetta reference?
Sunrise confirmed for bross.
>>
Out-fucking-skilled.
>>
>>152634854
How so? Just geass a clothing factory and you're good.
>>
Code Geass was dumb as fuck and the writing was always shit.
>>
>>152635353
I'm pretty sure the Chinese did it all, they were allies by that point.
>>
>>152634854
The whole show was.
>>
>>152635641
Again, why do people love this show so much? I found it enjoyable, but there were many dumb moments that made it hard for me to take it seriously. I already know the answer is nostalgia
>>
>>152634854
Do you think Spartacus was dumb, too? It's a classic literary trope for fucks sake.
>>
>>152635808
Maybe you werent supposed to take it seriously, andjust laugh at how stupid and complicated it gets
>>
>>152635821
Yes, and? It doesn't make it any less painful to watch.
>>
>>152634854
No, that was retarded in a grandiose way.
>>
>>152634854
> if I can't imagine how something could be done, then it's not possible
Now THAT's dumbness.
>>
The elitism in this thread is fucking strong. I swear everyone on this board has forgotten how to enjoy a show for what it is without putting it up against really dumb and contradictory standards.
>>
>>152635412
and yet it was the best anime this board ever watched together before moeshit ruined everything
>>
>>152636222
Oh, yes I can imagine it. I just can't imagine how you could get one million people in with hidden clothes to take on at the exact same time and coordinating it without some of the guards catching on. That is unless he uses his geass on every single guard who could go catch on to his plan. It's been a while, so there might have been some bullshit explanation behind why no one caught on to his plan that I don't remember.

>>152636301
I try to use consistent standards for shows that are within the same genre. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the show, but there were many dumb moments, which still made it enjoyable in its own way.
>>
>>152634854
That wasn't dumb, the dog in the zero mask was dumb. And awesome
>>
>>152636222
That, and it's a tired trope that's used rarely outside of comedy today.
>>
>>152636420
except it wasn't meant to be comedic
>>
>>152636480
You're missing my point, I am saying that the trope is rarely used outside of comedy today, which in itself contributed to making the scene seem even funnier than it was before, even when it wasn't supposed to be so.
>>
>>152636381
They weren't let into the new SAZ yet, so their bags weren't checked. Fog machines provided the cover.
>>
>>152636736
I know about the fog machine, but wouldn't the guards check the civilians before they were even allowed near Nunnally? It was a public event and someone could easily have assassinated her from among the crowd, it would seem like a huge flaw in their security if they allowed people to get near royalty without going through a check of some kind.
>>
>>152636967
Japan has almost no guns. It's a different situation from America.
>>
>>152637033
They have several groups that are fighting to liberate Japan. I don't exactly remember if the rebels have put down their weapons or not, but It would still seem like a very stupid idea if they didn't check just to be sure, after all some groups could still use this event to incite violence again.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Japan in real life has security at public events too. I don't think there's a single country on earth that's so safe that they could neglect security at some similar event.
>>
>>152636406
This nigga knows whats up
>>
>>152636967
They had Knightmares amongst the crowd.
>>
>>152637980
We also have security officers at public events in real life, we still check people before we let them in because it only would only take a split second for someone to take out a gun and shoot someone, that and there's a huge crowd of civilians, which would make it very hard to spot a possible assailant and huge potential risk for civilian casualties if the knightmares were to shoot back.
>>
>>152638124
They didn't have the logistics for checking a million people for what would be a 10 minute speech. As far as they were concerned, if one civilian incited violence, they planned to kill the whole crowd. They didn't bother to put bulletproof glass in front of Nunnally either, so they're either exceptionally cocky or they wanted to use her as bait.
>>
>>152634854
Cape and Mask manufactures made mad dosh that day
>>
>>152635510
That's apparent just from looking. Notice the off-color ones. Shoddy chinese manufacturing.
>>
>>152638454
You're right about the logistical part, I doubt they check everyone at presidential speeches. But it is still a pretty turbulent time, and in such a situation it would be very wise to at least make it not as easy to kill someone if they were to attempt a assassination. Guess they're just dumb if the last part is true.
>>
>>152635808
>alternate timeline setting that's not a dystopian future
>memorable characters
>great pacing (in season 1)
>unforgettable scenes
>good OST
>original anime only ruined by NewType's retarded spoilers
>2D Sunrise mecha budget
>the greatest shitstorm in /a/'s history

gee, I wonder
>>
>>152638454
>>152638124
>>152637980
>>152636967
you forget that nunnally was a puppet figure. she was there because she looked weak in the eyes of the japanese and would probably instantly rejecting anything they offer. say if it was someone like schneizel who was there, seeing as he gives off an aura of being better than everyone the japanese probably would not have bother to come. and they really were cocky and ready to commit genocide on site if even one person even lifted a gun and they would have good reason and no one would object.or could.
>>
>>152634854
All of R2 is awful
>>
>>152639579
>all of R2
>jeremiah
>emperor lelouch
> suzaku vs kallen
>the ending
>lelouch's laugh
come on man.
>>
>>152635808
I just watched it recently and I love it. It did a good job at a lot of things, but it isn't like the people here who moan about everything will realize that.
>>
as much as I love lelouch I have to say one thing if it wasn't for CC he probably wouldn't have gotten his revenge. or at least in time before charles started his human instrumentality. I mean I really hate how lelouch didn't make any preparations for his rebellion even though he said sooner or later he would have done it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.