[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 58

File: file.png (292KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292KB, 600x339px
has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?
>>
File: sorry.png (656KB, 589x686px) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
656KB, 589x686px
>>152625679
He starting to redeem himself though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4loMKwitntA
>>
>>152625679
>being this retarded
wew
>>
>>152625679
If you think that Gohan is ruined then you never liked Gohan in the first place. It's weird that powerlevelfags attached themselves to his character when Goku enjoys fighting (like they want Gohan to) and is almost always the strongest anyways (like they want Gohan to be).
>>
>>152625846
They never actually liked Gohan or understood his character. They just liked the idea of inserting into an 11 year old with MAXIMUM POWER, when they watched the Cell Saga back when they were 11. They liked Gohan's power level, not his character.
>>
>Has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?

God, you Gohan fags are intolerable. I'm not even exactly a fan of the character per se, but even I grew to appreciate what he became. If you aren't able to see just how far Gohan has matured as the series progressed, then you can't exactly call yourself a Gohan fan either.

If you want to call him ruined, blame it on his mother, she's the one that wanted him to be more than just a mindless Saiyan and him having a proper job and family.
>>
>>152625679
piccolo

at least gohan has a job
>>
>>152626050
Piccolo jobs more than people with jobs
>>
>>152626067
he doesn't even get to job all that often though

say what you will about vegeta but at least he jobs more than once every two decades

piccolo is tertiary jobber at best

at best
>>
>>152625679
Has there ever been a series more ruined than Dragon Ball?
>>
>>152625679
Gohan is pretty cool. Sure he didn't end up taking over the MC role, but he's got a cute wife, a cute daughter, a job he likes, and in the latest filler episodes he appeared to not even be as weak as people made him out to be.
>>
>>152626013
>Is one of the strongest beings in the universe
>Hur dur you need to be mediocre like everybody else! Have a job and a family!
His mother is insufferable, he had a talent and she made him into some average joe, good job.
>>
File: file.png (834KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
834KB, 1280x720px
>>152625679
has there ever been a character as underused and pointless as Goten?
>>
>>152626427
>average joe
Let's not exaggerate.
>>
>>152626427
>ITT: If you have a talent in something you're not interested in, you should drop your real interests so you can be miserable.
>>
>>152625679
>the guy who wanted to be a scholar since he was 4 or so became a scholar
>ruined

Gohanfags everyone.

>>152625846
>It's weird that powerlevelfags attached themselves to his character when Goku enjoys fighting (like they want Gohan to) and is almost always the strongest anyways (like they want Gohan to be)
It's truly puzzling.
>>
File: 1468975714913.png (336KB, 948x787px) Image search: [Google]
1468975714913.png
336KB, 948x787px
>>152625799
Just because he's a pacifist doesn't mean that his irresponsibly wasting away his fighting talent and just hiding behind his father like he used to when he was 4 isn't character regression, especially since his character arc in DBZ was precisely about manning up and fighting to protect his peaceful life and his friends and loved ones.

It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z, and despite his supposed merits as a scholar he seems stuck in mediocrity in an unimportant position with a boss he's afraid of. Which, considering he's close friends with the richest and smartest people on the planet, is a real laugh.
I bet he's mainly living off Videl's money too.
>>
>>152627616
>>the guy who wanted to be a scholar
More like the guy who was indoctrinated by his mother into being a scholar despite never being particularly good at it (considering how much studying he had to do).
>>
>>152626427
Honestly, if you look at anime filler especially and at DBS, chichi seems downright ashamed of her husband, it's kind of sad. Goku could earn millions doing all kinds of work suited to his talents, but no he has to work the fields and not fly in public because it's "normal".
>>
>>152626050
Gohan is his job.
>>
>>152625846
Yes, Goku loves fighting but the same can be said to Gohan (of course not as much as Goku). The only reason why Goku died in cell arc was only because Gohan wanted to fight Cell more. The same reason applies to Buu arc. He could have finished Buu but Gohan decided to toy with him and whole thing ended in disaster.

If anything Gohan enjoys fighting as much as studying.
>>
File: Yamcha.png (306KB, 552x572px) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha.png
306KB, 552x572px
>>152625679

I'm sorry, what?

Yamcha had to wait over 30 YEARS to redeem himself to the fans.

And god help Chiaotzu fans.

Gohan fans are hilariously entitled.
>>
>>152629086
Yamcha wasn't a huge waste of potential. I don't think Yamcha went out in a particularly pathetic manner, he simply saw his limits and retired. In fact, Super's been treating him as a bigger joke than DBZ ever did, with how they left him at home when Frieza invaded because he's too weak (yet bringing roshi), and with how the baseball game was one big joke at his expense.
>>
>>152625679
saber from fate stay night
>>
>>152629050
no. gohan is an emotionally damaged child who wanted to make the enemies that murdered/toyed with all of his loved ones suffer. he doesn't actively enjoy fighting for his life or fighting enemies, he was just consumed by bloodlust in those moments.
>>
>>152625724
Viewtiful!
>>
>>152625724
I saw a Chrono Cross callback during the Paradise Herb episode.
>>
>>152625679
Toriyama even fucked him during his comeback arc

>Shows up to fight Majin Buu
>Confident, strong, not a nerd, seemingly witty
>Kicks the shit out of Buu
>Immediately gets his shit pushed in a few moments later by a guy that just absorbed his "father" and little brother
>>
Chi-Chi was obliterated by Z.
>>
>>152628925
>It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z
Yeah that's the thing that always bothers me about the people who think Gohan's character is better because he's a non fighter.
He's never shown as smart or intelligent. He doesn't use tactics, HELL GOKU USES MORE TACTICS AGAINST CELL WITH IT KAMEHAMEHA THEN GOHAN EVER USES, he never uses any interesting or unique moves like Piccolo or even fucking Yamcha and anytime a science problem comes up everyone asks Bulma.
>>152627108
>Your talent can save billions of lives
>Refuse to use it
>Oh no why is everyone including my wife and daughter dead, Whis San pls halp.
>>
Everyone missing the obvious
Launch
So bad that the man himself forgot her existence
>>
>>152625724
>Dragon Ball
>wasteland environment

everytime
>>
Parent abuse: the character.
I think he is great in this regard.
>>
>>152631803
>Ruined

More like saved. Toriyama couldn't turn her into a worthless character.
>>
>>152625846
>>152625930
>>152626013
This is what I was gonna say. It also lets me know who the Dragon Ball fans are and who the Zfaggots are, too.
>>
>>152625724
That reminds me. What the hell happened with Cocoa after Bary was defeated? Videl was never given any explanation.

Was this just a thing that was conveniently handled offscreen?
>>
>>152632040

Videl doesnt need any explanations, she knows gohan can fuck other women but his heart belongs to her
>>
>>152631965

I have never been a fan of Instant Madness Powerup Gohan, and I don't care about his powerlevel, but it would be nice to see him being relevant to the plot in his own manner.

He was powerful in Trunks' future, even with that he never had a chance to win in that situation, he lost but he was a cool character and mentor figure and the way he handled that situation is something not other Gohan has been able to emule.

He could at least take Piccolo's old job of being the one who holds the situation (through dialogue or tricks if necessary), the level headed one, but he's even denied that.

I love his family side and his relation with Piccolo, but DB has already relegated too many characters, why him too?
>>
>>152631910
She was cool in dragon ball
>>
>>152631803
Launch lives on in SSJ.
>>
>>152632468
Headcannon accepted one should always say bless you to when a Saiyan goes SSJ
>>
>>152632464
Yes. She stayed that cool character in Dragon Ball because Toriyama forgot she existed and couldn't turn her into anything worse.
>>
>>152625846
Gohan likes training and fighting, he just doesn't live for it, and really hates killing.

Best Gohan was Buu saga, he was still a fighter but slacked off. He felt he had a responsibility to be strong, and wanted to fight dabura etc. He was no different than trunks, having a natural urge to fight and train but not so much that it consumes him. A nature that makes sense for a saiyan-human hybrid

This Gohan is trash. Gohan had no interest in being a scholar his mom just forced him too, and when you do something long enough of course he developed an interest in the stuff but he never had a dream of becoming a great scholar.
>>
>>152631910
Her relationship with Tien needs to be explored. Eventually he gives in and they live together on his farm.
>>
>>152631787
People who think Gohan is smart/nerd are faggots who only watched dragon ball Z abridged.
>>
>>152632040
She knows that Gohan wouldn't intentionally try to cheat on her since that isn't in-character for him. And afterwards Gohan probably just explained that she kissed him when he wasn't expecting that to happen.
>>
>>152625679
Krillin.
>dies from a bullet
>gets bullied by his wife and child
He might as well shoot himself in the head.
>>
>>152634283
>Dies from a bullet

You realize he's only human, right. Also

>A cyborg and a child raised by a cyborg
>Acting warm

erf derf
>>
>>152634283
>>152634963
>Dies to a bullet

Does this happen in Super? It's annoying how in DB bullets would basically do nothing but make holes in the stronger characters when they're children, yet now that they're basically gods bullets kill them.
>>
>>152631910
>>152631803
You both have a good point.
>>
>>152628925
>his irresponsibly wasting away his fighting talent
>Irresponsibly
He have no responsability to cultivate his talent as he never asked for it nor did he take any job as planet guardian.
>It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z
Why would DB show a Gohan lecture when it's a fighting manga? Also a guy being happy and being there for his family is pathetic? How old are you?

>despite his supposed merits as a scholar he seems stuck in mediocrity in an unimportant position with a boss he's afraid of.
Nice headcanon

Gohan does not enjoy fighting, he already saved the planet once, he doesn't owe anything to anyone and got every right to do what he want to do.
>>
>>152634963
>You realize he's only human
Bullets wouldn't harm him if he had kept up his training. That was the point of the episode, Krillin realized he had really let himself go; being harmed by a bullet is unacceptable to him.

>>152635028
>It's annoying how in DB bullets would basically do nothing but make holes in the stronger characters when they're children, yet now that they're basically gods bullets kill them.
Bullets haven't killed anyone in Super. Krillin was shot in the arm and bled a little bit, but he wasn't really injured much.
>>
>>152631805
they've learned a long time ago how destructive their fights can get. Even if it was somewhere else, it usually turns into a wasteland during the fight.
>>
>>152629086
>Yamcha had to wait over 30 YEARS to redeem himself to the fans.
You do realize that Yamcha was always a joke/parody character right? He didn't fall from anything or has to redeem anything. He always was a fucking joke character of the "pretty boy who likes to show off" since his introduction in DB.
It just amaze me how many "yamchafags" don't even understand the character.
>>
>>152635224
Everyone forgets that Yamcha's only victory was when against a starved Goku when he first met him, who then proceeded to kick his ass when he actually ate some food. People should be complaining that Yamcha has been nothing but a joke.
>>
>>152625679
>Ruined
>when he's had the second best character Arc in DB, had a clear ending to it and is now living happily.
Fuck off.
>>
>>152635224

Krillin was like that as well, his first fight vs Goku, he got quickly destroyed.

The difference is that Krillin got a girlfriend unlike Yamcha.
>>
>>152634963

Krillin as a kid was tanking machine gun fire.
>>
let's go down the list:

frieza (turned into a gold retard who still underestimated her opponents)
cell (became a chauvinistic cuck who also underestimated his opponents)
goku (became a fighting god only to need trunks help to kill a weaker version of himself)
beerus (is a rat)
>>
>>152629086
>Chiaotzu fans
Might as well be a Dende fan. I mean, I won't question your taste, but you should be overjoyed just seeing your minor character again.
>>
>>152631757
Never marry a chink.
>>
File: 1357248767828.gif (1MB, 272x300px) Image search: [Google]
1357248767828.gif
1MB, 272x300px
>>152636378
>beerus
>is a rat
>>
>>152625679
yamcha, but in son family goten
>>
>>152632040
Cocoa blackmailed barry with the fact that his actual role is the monster. her career is safe.

she's also proven to be intelligent enough to properly use blackmail.
>>
File: gohan.jpg (56KB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
gohan.jpg
56KB, 638x360px
>>152625679

Gohan has always been the kind loving person that wants to turn the other cheek.... until you push him too far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G-ssRmWPvE
>>
>>152640848
>Falconershit

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>152625930
Pretty much this, it's all pure headcanon shit, ichirukists are the same but instead of powerlevels, it's shipping.
>>
>>152629086
>Yamcha gets the best filler episode in dbs
>Krillin has the most screen time of the humans
>Tien...
I hope the Universal survival arc doesn't screw Tien
>>
File: gohan always a pussy.jpg (286KB, 1771x1148px) Image search: [Google]
gohan always a pussy.jpg
286KB, 1771x1148px
>>152625679
>I know you're a monster who is going to destroy the earth and possibly the universe, but I still don't want to fight you

Gohan was never good, I don't know where this meme came from
>>
>>152626457
That's make me sad because Goten is such a cute and superior version of Goku
>>
>>152625724
What's crazy about this is how much he's grown from basically starting back at square one. It's frustrating seeing him still have this huge potential for something he wants nothing to do with.
>>
>>152641414
FUCKING BETTER DELETE THIS!!!! FUCK YOU!!! KYS YOU STUPID NINGEN
>>
>>152625679
While entering the thread I thought yes obviously but now I seriously can't think of anyone
>>
>>152641414
>I don't like to fight... like dad does

He's not obsessed with getting stronger like Goku. He doesn't live to fight like his father or Vegeta does. However Toriyama for no reason took him in a direction contrary to his personality. Kid grows up quite literally dreaming of adventure and then poof, book worm scholar. Not to mention, are we even told of what exactly he's studying? Or hell, even at the end of DBZ, he's supposed to be giving a presentation but on what and to whom?
>>
>>152629237
Oh if we're talking about wasted potential I'm gonna say Raditz. Such a wasted character when he could have been much better than what we got.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Chi Chi

>was a good character and good personality in DB
>interesting with her fighting skills and backstory as Ox King's daughter
>top 10 strongest human once
>wasn't fucking ugly

>DBZ came in and fucked her up
>made her into a mother with no other personality than angry PMS bitch who's hard on her kid
>left behind and only returns to harass gohan and goku
>fucking ugly
>memes in some plot with aliens that brushes off all human characters

>DBS introduces Gods of the universe and multiverse

Wait no, literally everyone in DB gets brushed off
>Krillin
>Piccolo
>Roshi
>Bulma
>Tien
>Yamcha
DBZ is fucking retarded and non canon

DB was good because it was perfect and balanced, there was a story and no autistic power levels
It was a shonen but felt more than shonen
DBZ is just autistic battles
before Rei and Autist-suka there was Chi Chi vs Bulma Chi Chi is better
now we have Mexicans sperging out over Goku vs Superman vs Satima

God I'm fucking mad

Why did they make her so ugly
just end it Akira
>>
>>152641617
>Kid grows up quite literally dreaming of adventure
Only in the anime.
>>
File: large.gif (300KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
300KB, 500x279px
>>152641745
>Fucking ugly

But the only thing that changes is that she ties her hair up. Of course her and Bulma both start to get lines on their faces once the story progresses
>>
>>152625679
why is he ruined? he never really was a fighter. i mean he had talent, but all he wanted was a peacefull live all the time. he never wanted to fight and him starting a family only makes sense.
only downside is that he was always potraid as super powerfull, but never managed to do something relevant except for cell.
also if im not completely mistaken gohan wants to train again as he realized someone has to protect his dear ones, and since he has talent it would be a shame to waste it since this talen is what his dear ones could protect so we can expect him to get powerfull once again.
i like gohan overall
>>
>>152641923
Comparison
>>
File: Vegeta (scouter).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta (scouter).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>152625679
Say what you want, but Vegeta worked much better as a one-time villain, or even as an asshole anti-villain who does his own thing like on Frieza saga. But then, out of the blue Akira decided to marry him to fucking Bulma (srsly wtf) and made him stick around to be an underachiever, and after getting tired of Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin, he turned Vegeta into the second most prominent character, even though Vegeta has 0 personality for it

Granted, however, he fathered Future Trunks (a much superior character)
>>
>>152641973
and then we have the dragon ball super Vegeta who's basically a spoof parodie of the real guy.
>>
>>152641973
vegeta marrying bulma kinda makes sense. in super its explained that saiyan woman are pretty loudmouthed, just like chichi and bulma are, so vegeta felt some natural attraction to her.
originally him staying around also made sense as he wanted to beat goku finally after his pride got destroyed by him twice and thus trained and always came back to check if goku is back. he than had to team up to defeat various enemies and since bulma was loudmouthed and never took shit from him he grew the natural affection for her. after fighting freezer and cell the character became brothers in arms and even if vegeta never wanted to admit it he grew to like them which you saw when he blew himself up

also i dont think vegeta ever was a real bad guy. he was under friezas rule and had to obey, so better grew cold emotions to do that work. after frieza was gone he became nicer
>>
>>152642143
>Stumble upon some footage on youtube
>Vegeta is just about ready to suck Beerus's dick
>Pretending to be a clown and cooking and shit
>>
>>152642592
Only a man with a deathwish wouldn't suck Beerus' dick
>>
>>152642716
I'm appalled at how out of character he is in that clip.
>>
>>152641745
>DBZ is fucking retarded and non canon
>DB was good because it was perfect and balanced, there was a story and no autistic power levels
You see, this is what we call a paradox. Because if you consider DBZ as non cannon then you cannot justify Goku retarded power-ups through DB and your "no autistic powerlevels" claim becomes bull's
>>
>>152625724
Is that pic implying Cocoa is pregnant with Gohan's bastard offspring?
>>
>>152642808
Vegeta has really mellowed out over the years
>>
File: tfw too inteligent.jpg (39KB, 478x734px) Image search: [Google]
tfw too inteligent.jpg
39KB, 478x734px
>>152642716
>tfw too intelligent not to suck cat dick
>>
>>152643083
Mellowed out? He goes from calling Goku a clown to literally being a clown. He was basically a bumbling idiot goof of a comedy anime/manga MC. Doesn't the timeline of Super only take place a few years after the death of Buu?
>>
>>152642716
>>152642808
well, yeah, it is kinda out of character for vegeta as he usually rather dies than bow down to anyone. however he got some traumatic experiences with beerus, and beerus could blow up the planet in a splitsecond killing everyone dear to him including bulma so he takes the bite into the sour apple. later one bulma gets slapped by beerus at which point vegeta starts going full rage mode and seems to be even stronger in ssj2 than goku was in ssj3 as he actually landed a few blows on beerus and resisted a few punches while goku was knocked out at a soft touch of beerus. it maybe was just to show how powerfull beerus is that even vegeta bows down to him, but i feel it shows more that he actually grew attached to his family

>>152642974
i dont think DBZ was a fuck up, aside from the fillers it was decent, but DB really was better as it was basically a giant fairy tails with dozens of stories and adventures. DBZ was basically training>fight>training>fight...
>>
>>152641745
>DBZ is just autistic battles
>"What's that about a backstory on piccolo and Kami?"
>"What's that about explaining Goku's tail and his retarded powerups?"
>"Dude don't you see I'm too busy shitposting?"

And don't even get me started on Vegeta and Piccolo character development.
also
>interesting with her fighting skills and backstory as Ox King's daughter
>fighting skills
Wow she can use gadgets and throw a few punches and kicks, easily top 10 human

>Backstory as ox king's daughter
Literally what backstory? She is the ox's king daughter and then? Where is the backstory?
>>
>>152643362
>DB really was better as it was basically a giant fairy tails with dozens of stories and adventures. DBZ was basically training>fight>training>fight
I recall only 2 adventures, the first and second search for the dragonballs, way less than your "dozens". Post Red Ribbon DB was basically like you described DBZ.
>>
>>152643587
well, you can count it like that, but i see the all the small advantures they had, the experiences they gathered, the training at roshi, meeting kami, fighting enemies from the underworld from urenai baba, exploring an underwater piratecave, meeting arale, destroying the red ribbon army, closing the gates to the demonworld. seeing the little boy who never left his forest explore the whole world and try to understand all the weird things of our society like when he went into bulmas city the first time.picollo daimao overtaking the world and being the most evil of them all, who has some story with gokus master. goku traveling back in time. the tournaments itself were adventures basically. DB was just so much more story driven. luckily DB Super seems to return to that kinda and focus more on story again too
>>
>>152643362
See, the thing is I can imagine Vegeta sucking up to him. What was wrong to me was how he acted, a clown. I don't remember if he actually said it, but the type of clown that says screams SORRY/GOMENASAI after their every interaction.
>>
>>152643867
yeah, but i guess it just shows how much he actually likes his familly even if he never shows it. either that or it was poor writing. but since i want to enjoy the anime i go with option a
>>
>>152643811
>exploring an underwater piratecave
Dude, you just triggered a fucking DB rewatch.

I want to see that shit RIGHT NOW. Also, I wanna see Bulma and Goku get locked up in the cage with glass ceiling
>>
File: 1485037087506.png (30KB, 700x965px) Image search: [Google]
1485037087506.png
30KB, 700x965px
>>152641745
>pissed off from someone who mistaking marriage for food
>accepted his proposal after all this
dragon ball z comes in
>forces her son to be shut in book nerd whith no social experience of anyone his own age.
>embarrassed of goku for being fighter and makes him to be a normal business man
>literally gives no shit if the world gets destroyed along as gohan gets successful
>gets all overprotective on gohan from videl then hooks him up with her when she founds out she's rich
>idiotically slapped super buu and got herself killed sooner.
she brought this life upon herself
if she wanted a normal life then she could of went with yamcha or piccolo
>>
>>152628952
>despite never being particularly good at it

Gohan was unbelievably smart for a five year old. Hated violence, though. He was a scholar forced into being a fighter from day one. The only demi-saiyan with a seemingly natural disposition towards being a martial artist is Pan; even Goten stopped giving a shit eventually.

I feel worse for Yamcha and Krillin. Their passions actually were martial arts and they ended up giving up on them; Gohan's following his and is happier than he's ever been following a childhood filled with emotional trauma.

>>152632681
Gohan went 7 years without fighting or training. He obviously didn't like it that much.
>>
>>152635028
Krillin got grazed by a bullet while pushing a normie policeman out of the way.

Then 18 berated him for becoming so weak that bullets can hurt him, and now he's training with Goku to get back his fighting spirit.
>>
>>152625679
>Ruined
>nigga never liked fighting
>wanted to be a geek
>has a family and more money than his broke ass dad

He's living the dream.
>>
File: 1483842189196.png (28KB, 114x135px) Image search: [Google]
1483842189196.png
28KB, 114x135px
>>152646160
>The only demi-saiyan with a seemingly natural disposition towards being a martial artist is Pan
but how long will she keep this up before she gets tired of fighting or worst HOUSE WIFED!!!
>>
>goku's mediocre son

I felt genuinely sad after this line
>>
>>152646147
>Piccolo
>normal life
Stop spouting bullshit. Piccolo's a hermit who lives in the mountains.
The only reason for Chi Chi to exist is as comic relief.
>>
>>152647800
Based Jaco.
>>
>>152641973
He got pacified by being exposed to the peacefulness of Earth too long, like the Zentradi in Macross
>>
>this thread
>so many faggots that don't understand the only important and serious aspect of post-DBZ
>the actual fights, not even the power-levels
All the family bullshit and relationships in post-DBZ are just to add "depth" to the characters.
Their only reason-de-être is to fight.
Fuck off for trying to analyze characters in the wrong places.
>>
>>152641973
Also he's not even Goku's rival anymore. I'm glad hit took his place because while I kind of like Vegeta, vegetafags need to die off
>>
>>152625724
How was Gohan able to land a blow on Goku if he didnt train with whis, fight in the tournament or fight Goku black and zamasu?Is SSJ really that static?
>>
>>152629011
he already has millions
>>
>>152648583
It doesn't make any sense at all.

SSJ Gohan, got one shotted by first form frieza, yet Goku in his base form was able to fight evenly with final form frieza. Yet here is shows Goku and Gohan fighting evenly.

Of course it's just filler, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>152643811
Dragon Ball had a lot more exploration. Korrins Tower, Muscle Tower, all the different places Goku visited on his own, Baba's place. The locales visited in the series are incredibly diverse. DBZ on the other hand, well even going to another planet we see bland generic wastelands constantly.
>>
>>152626427
Didn't Gohan himself never want to fight and it was actually Goku pushing shit on him? Chichi also overdoes it, but Gohan never really had much interest in fighting, he has potential, but he just wanted a normal life.
>>
>>152648583
>>152648930
you can't possibly believe either of them are going all out can you? they're just sparring
>>
>>152648930
He did some pushups after that Frieza shit
>>
>>152648988
>Goku forcing it on him

Not really. Gohan is introduced, kidnapped by Raditz and then immediately adopted by Piccolo. Goku has been dead or missing for what, half his life?
>>
>b-but Gohan never liked to fight!

We know. He doesn't like to fight that much but he was always a badass in DBZ, even when he was a kid in Namek.

Now look at him, he is a weak skinny cuckold.
>>
>>152648930
>>152648999
even then he shouldnt be able to get hit
>>
>>152650006
did you pay attention when whis told goku his biggest weakness was being overconfident and letting down his guard?
>>
Why arw you fags talking about Gohan Trunks is way cooler.
>>
>>152649082
One year in Saiyan saga, six months in future trunks, seven years between Cell and Buu. It just feels longer because of how much screentime they get together, but it's definitely been less than half of Gohan's life, all things considered.

Piccolo is a father figure to Gohan because kids develop a theory of mind at about 5 years old, and that's when they start forming impactful social relationships. Goku, Gohan and Piccolo trained for three years to prepare for the Androids, and so in that sense they both raised him, presumably with Piccolo continuing to do so after Goku died for the second time.
>>
What pisses me off is how Gohan was made into a doormat scholar. Given his character growing up, he should have been chided toward academics(due to his mother's obsession with forcing him into it) and had continued training at least the bare minimum not to lose his ability just from fear alone of another bad guy showing up.
>>
>>152646298
Japan believes unironically that women only have 2 options, becoming housewives or bitter Christmas cakes wishing to get married
>>
File: Trunks, Savior of the Future.png (4MB, 1920x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Trunks, Savior of the Future.png
4MB, 1920x3264px
>>152650304
Because Trunks return to the future to never return and pic related
>>
>>152625724
Last chapter was a good chapters.
Haters can't ruin my hype for DBS.
>>
>>152651440
>Haters

You don't belong here.
>>
>>152650304
>Why arw you fags talking about Gohan Trunks is way cooler.
Because this is pretty much a Gohanfag thread, were they are lamenting about what happened with their character.
>>
>>152651187
Triggered, libcuck?
>>
>zeno says the last placed universe on the tournament will be destroyed
>gohan trains and now is the 3rd strongest of the team
>>
>>152641393
Maybe the "green river" is too expensive to use.
>>
>>152651522
where's gohan
why is yamcha there
>>
>>152651187
Good because that's their only purpose in life
>>
>>152651519
Just saiyan why Pan will end as a housewife. I let tumblr and /pol/ to judge
>>
>>152651522
Quality perspective there.
>>
File: Guille.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Guille.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>152651683
>>
>>152651586

This. How could they forget?
>>
>>152651522

Is this all Universe 7 has to offer? Why not add a new cool looking alien?
>>
>>152652138
Because everyone would ask what was that cool looking alien was doing during the Buu arc
>>
>>152625679

Piccolo

Vegeta went home and became a family man. Nothing wrong with that
>>
Toriyama is a gag writer first and Super is a Sunday morning cartoon but sometimes I think Gohan is seriously fucked up in the head. The "Gohan changes completely when he become The Great Saiyaman" gag sounds more like he's really repressed for all the shit he endured during his childhood. It's like he's schizophrenic or something. Isn't his dream of being a perfect father and husband a way to overcompesate his own shitty childhood? Again, this is sperging over a kids cartoon.
>>
>>152625724
I always thought Gohan could have been a good antagonist.
>>
>>152648583
Are you forgetting after the shit with Frieza he started retraining?
>>
>>152648583
It's super, the power levels are bared on what the plot needs the characters to do.
Nothing makes sense.
>>
>>152648930
this gohan is stronger than rof gohan, he's been training with piccolo since the beginning of the tournament arc.
>>
File: hargenit.png (366KB, 841x385px) Image search: [Google]
hargenit.png
366KB, 841x385px
>Catching up on Super
>"It's a Great Saiyaman episode..."
>Standard episode filled with secret identity bullshit and corny posing, only this time with a smug Chad actor and Idolshit!
>Later, Gohan reveals to everyone he's the true Chad
>Suddenly Idolshit joins Gohan's harem.
>"Okay this is getting good."
>Next episodes starts
>Harem fucking confirmed
>Barry the Madman tries to expose a fucking He-Man and the wife of his boss in their own home
>Videl gives Gohan the benefit of the doubt like a fucking rational wife/girlfriend/female should
>Barry the Madman pulls a Raditz and gives Gohan kidnapping flashbacks
>Bebi ripoff shit even Oozarufies Barry to give Gohan a challenge
>Gohan defeats Barry and makes his Superhero persona look badass for once.
>The rest of the episode ends solid with Gohan having a waifu side-piece and Piccolo somewhere smirking while saying, "That's my son."

Holy fuck this filler was amazing. These 2 episodes are better than Zamasu's "I hate killing so i'll kill everyone to stop it." plot.
>>
File: fembroly9.jpg (34KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
fembroly9.jpg
34KB, 300x455px
bumping for her
>>
>>152654474
Zamasu doesn't hate killing as much as he hates ningen that never stop fighting
>>
>>152654637
How did that manage to already look like an image I saved back in 2000?
>>
>>152652138
Namek saga Freeza was the strongest alien in the universe and everyone in that picture except Krillin and Roshi exceeded his strength ages ago.
>>
File: FemBroly.jpg (233KB, 1266x1800px) Image search: [Google]
FemBroly.jpg
233KB, 1266x1800px
>>152625679
INCOMING
THICC
H
I
C
C
>>
File: fembrowl9fixed.jpg (59KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
fembrowl9fixed.jpg
59KB, 640x800px
>>152654748
Whoops, posted the wrong version.
>>
>>152635224
>He's a joke character, if you want anything good to ever happen to him, you just don't understand
>>
File: itstreasonthen.jpg (46KB, 430x817px) Image search: [Google]
itstreasonthen.jpg
46KB, 430x817px
the emperor will be my first autism project for the year he is going straight into after effects after we get more footage of him.
>>
>>152654763
I don't think tien is stronger than friza. His neo-tribeam is more like a special attack that goes beyond his limits. Similar to destructo disc being able to cut anything.
>>
>>152652763
He does have that sadistic retard mode.
>>
>>152636240

Yamcha got one too, only he lost her because of his own incompetence.
>>
>>152629086
>Chiaotzu fans
He had fans?

I remember fucking hating him in Dragon Ball
I also don't remember anyone else talking about him
>>
>>152641745
>now we have Mexicans sperging out over Goku vs Superman vs Satima
>>152641745
>God I'm fucking mad
I'm mad about that alone
>>
>>152625724
More Cocoa when?
>>
>>152636240
Yamcha has Puar
>>
>>152643445
>>"What's that about a backstory on piccolo and Kami?"
What more did you need? They were God and Satan of DB, that's why his name is Kami
>>"What's that about explaining Goku's tail and his retarded powerups?"
Goku really didn't need his tail explained in a world ruled by a dog. If you're going to explain his tail you might as well explain everything in Dr. Slump
>Wow she can use gadgets and throw a few punches and kicks, easily top 10 human
>use gadgets
Not even relevant by the time she gets to the Tenkaichi Budokai

Also remember Dragon Ball was basically Journey to the West + Dr. Slump
>>
>>152655785
>What more did you need? They were God and Satan of DB, that's why his name is Kami
His Namekian origins were foreshadowed during the Piccolo Jr tournament.

>Also remember Dragon Ball was basically Journey to the West + Dr. Slump
It was this for a chunk of the Pilaf saga before shifting gears towards action adventure and martial arts fighting during the first budokai.
That's maybe 20 chapters.
>>
>>152655915
>It was this for a chunk of the Pilaf saga before shifting gears towards action adventure and martial arts fighting during the first budokai.
>That's maybe 20 chapters.
Like when Goku actually met Arale. Completely original
>>152655915
>His Namekian origins were foreshadowed during the Piccolo Jr tournament.
You mean the one time they mentioned he might be an alien?

Toriyama didn't foreshadow shit, he never wrote that way to begin with. It was all just weekly stuff for him. Sure he knew things like eventually Goku would go to the Tenkaichi Budokai, but he didn't know what he was going to do on the way. He used the same method for Dr. Slump
>>
>>152656057
>You mean the one time they mentioned he might be an alien?
the time Piccolo and Kami spoke to eachother in Namekian
>>
>>152656158
In what became Namekian, the language proceeds Toriyama's choice to make them aliens
>>
>>152656057
>Like when Goku actually met Arale. Completely original
Yes, that brief three chapter crossover is totally representative of all 200 chapters of the classic Dragon Ball.
Let's ignore the three tournament arcs and the rest of the Red Ribbon storyline. Or how the Piccolo storyline is the darkest saga next to the Android saga and spans a third of the series.

Dragon Ball is more fantastical and humor oriented than what it became later on but it was always a gradual transition. Describing it as "Dr. Slump mixed with Journey of the West" is outright wrong unless you're only discussing the first volume.

>Toriyama didn't foreshadow shit, he never wrote that way to begin with. It was all just weekly stuff for him.
Read some interviews.
He didn't originally plan out Kami and Piccolo being Namekians when they were introduced but he'd figured out the basics of that backstory by the time they met during the tournament.
>>
>Fem-Broly's LSSJ transformation is actually triggered by her saiyan heat cycle and being confronted with 2 full blooded adult male saiyans from universe 7
>>
>>152656367
who is she going to rape first?
>>
>>152656417
vegeta and goku at the same time and she'll anal vore krillin
>>
>>152655785
>If you're going to explain his tail you might as well explain everything in Dr. Slump
They are different kind of manga. Dr Slump doesn't need a lot of explaing due to it being solely a gag manga.

>Goku really didn't need his tail explained in a world ruled by a dog
It needed. No one in the DB universe asked any questions about the king being a dog but literally everyone who met Goku didn't believe their eyes when they saw the tail. Animal people were an accepted thing in the world, not magical tails who turn you into a giant monkey.

>Not even relevant by the time she gets to the Tenkaichi Budokai
My point is that she never were top 10 human
>>
So what can we expect out of a Piccolo 2 part character arc in Super?

Besides "I need to get stronger!"
>>
>>152652138
Cus they have to make 10 new characters for each universe so they made U7 use known characters.
>>
>>152656057
Toriyama knew by their meeting in the tournament that they were aliens, he's said this multiple times.
>>
>>152652138
To be fair when you REALLY look at it, its really diverse.
>Two Saiyans
>Two Androids/Cyborgs
>Magic demon being thing
>Two Earthlings
>A Namekian
>Half human triclops alien thing
>Half saiyan
>>
>>152656912
is tien officially a "half human triclops alien thing"?

I thought his 3rd eye was his literal 3rd eye but made physical
>>
>>152643811
Meeting arale is an adventure? The tournaments were adventures? Really
You have a very loose definition of adventures that can also be used for DBZ too, The saiyan backstory and the story of Trunks alone blow out every thing you mentionned in terms of quality (unless you value more the light-heartedness side of DB) and we got way more character development out of Z than we did out of DB.
Not saying that DB is shit, it was definitely a blast seeing a guy who lived in the woods discovering the values and common sense of society and many other things.
>>
>>152656945
Apparently he is supposed to have alien ancestry, but it would be too distant to matter anyway

He's just a human
>>
>>152646160
>Gohan was unbelievably smart for a five year old.
He did fuckall smart, when he was five or otherwise. He supposedly had book smarts because his mother more or less chained him to a desk and would blow up at goku if he tried to do anything physical with him.
>>
File: ubDDLOy.png (514KB, 917x596px) Image search: [Google]
ubDDLOy.png
514KB, 917x596px
>>152657135
>his mother

Why do dubfags still come to these threads.

Gohan loved studying you mongoloid
>>
>>152651187
Well, that's...kind of true.
Look at America.

Also Japan believes men can only be two things.
Bittery balless and eternally mediocre salary and family men or nothings.

No seriously.

Look at DBZ for example.
>>
>>152656684
If he and dende aren't on new namek discussing the super dragon balls
OR
Piccolo is trying create or hide his dragon balls because....reasons.
I honestly won't know what they're going to do.

Let's be honest about something.
Piccolo is the strongest namekian to ever exist and might already have the same type of powers that guru has.
Can unlock powers talk to people in the other world have access to godki etc etc.

And Guru's Dragon balls were retarded powerful and he was probably at a powerlevel of what a few hundred k?

What will happen if Piccolo starts to become more and more mystical in nature, use his namekian powers, on top of being a powerful fighter? How powerful will his Dragon Balls be?

I'm thinking strong enough to do basically fucking anything in the universe. I'm also thinking that his dragon balls will be the size of small mountains or small cities and be hidden throughout the galaxy.
BUT they'll never do that, mainly because of GT assfucking the entire concept.
>>
>>152641973
>Vegeta da bes
He's certainly undefeated against Goku. 3-0, when?
>>
>>152642223
>wanted to beat Goku
Again? I suppose he got his wish, but it never seems like enough.
>>
>>152643362
As out of character as Vegeta was, Toei Goku takes the cake. Manga Goku seems to take orders from Vegeta (coming off as the lead recently).
>>
>>152648556
>hit
who?
>>
>>152652281
Pickle receives the dose these days.
>>
File: Untitled.png (339KB, 289x501px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
339KB, 289x501px
>>
>>152651522
wait this actually looks like a badass team thing, is Super good?
>>
File: 1436905890824.jpg (147KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1436905890824.jpg
147KB, 600x620px
>>152642223
>i dont think vegeta ever was a real bad guy. he was under friezas rule and had to obey, so better grew cold emotions to do that work.
>>
>>152629086
Chiaotzu has fans?
>>
>>152657170
I think most of these people are projecting their resentment of their own overbearing mothers onto Gohan because it makes them feel better. Pretty sad when you think about it.
>>
File: why can't they just drop dead.jpg (74KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
why can't they just drop dead.jpg
74KB, 800x449px
>>152629086
every single whining gohanfag needs to be wiped from the face of this earth
I despise every moment spent on gohan and videl. baby pan is cute for now
>>
>>152651522
Earth is the most special place in the whole Universe apparently.
>>
>>152662420
Not surprising. Frieza was a widely feared tyrannical monster and almost everyone on that team could take him (before his stupid revival).
>>
>>152654838
thanks Mr. Toyota
>>
>>152662420
I mean, the Ginyu Force was supposed to be the universe's elite outside of Freeza.
>>
>>152657170
The anime added scenes after the Freeza Saga with Gohan sleeping while studying and dreaming with escaping to adventures. It's not a dub-only thing. But, yeah, it wasn't in the manga.
>>
>>152656945

He's descendant of Mitsumejin (Three eyed people), which is the official explanation for his multiplication and 6 arms techniques (Funnily enough, even though the implication is obviously that his third eye comes from that too, considering their name, it's not actually stated directly).
>>
>>152661674
I agree anon, they're a boring couple and Pan will become annoying soon.
>>
>>152663481
this is star wars eu levels of retarded

krillin uses the multiform. The third eye of enlightenment is a metaphor made real. Earth is full of wacky creatures in dragonball.
>>
>>152648930
Afaik in DB after a certain base level Saiyans can adjust their power level like a voltage.

Like, Goku could "power up" to a degree where Gohan can't even touch him but he decided not to.
>>
File: retard.jpg (69KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
69KB, 1136x640px
The only good Gohan is Saiyaman Gohan
>>
So, during Universe Survival, who's babysitting? We've got Pan, Marron, The Pilaf Crew, Goten, Trunks, Satan, and Yamcha that need looking after. Videl's gonna have her hands full.
>>
>>152664395
Bulma's preggers, so she'll be staying behind I imagine
>>
>>152651522
Instead of having useless and boring characters like Tien and Krillin why didn't they just use the Dragon Balls to revive Freeza and Nappa for example?
>>
File: Slap2.jpg (11KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
Slap2.jpg
11KB, 243x200px
>>152664620
>reviving the guy with an unbreakable vengeance boner that no one wants to deal with
>reviving the guy who can be oneshotted by Roshi now

because your ideas suck
>>
>>152664620
>and Nappa
Krillin and Tien could eat Nappa for breakfast by this point. Or, at least, Krillin could before he retired from martial arts.
>>152663481
That's overwhelmingly stupid. Source?
>>
>>152664620
Beerus bullying Freeza into fighting for the universe would've been pretty hilarious. The time necessary to train and "domesticate" someone up like Nappa or Raditz isn't worth the effort. I would've forced Future Trunks to stay a bit longer if it wouldn't have messed up Beerus' credibility.
>>
>>152664867
>Or, at least, Krillin
dude, no way Tien isn't stronger than Nappa by now
>>
>>152664778
>>152664867
You're thinking in powerlevels. With that logic Pan would curb stomp both Goku and Piccolo Jr from the end of DB

>>152664884
Freeza vs Frost would have been entertaining as well.
>>
>Click on random trending Dragon Ball Z fight video on YouTube
>All the comments are in Spanish and Portuguese
>All the comments suck Beerus' dick as though he actually exists
>Tons of likes on "I miss Gohan ;_;"
>Huehuehue
I really feel like I'm on Tripod or GeoCities
>>
File: 1472416397613.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472416397613.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>152664884
I honestly would have loved this, though Frieza coming back another time may have been a little excessive.
>>
>>152664964
You misread. I mean that Krillin could have before he became a cop; we don't know if he could now or not. My guess is he'll probably be in shape for the tournament.

Obviously Tenshinhan could.
>>152664971
Power levels do generally apply even if numbers stopped being a thing.
>>
>>152664884
if they brought back Cell he would have been down for a universe tournament
>>
>>152651737
ohhh that's why c-sha says that
>>
>>152635132
>He have no responsability to cultivate his talent as he never asked for it nor did he take any job as planet guardian

With great power comes great responsibility.
>>
>>152664620
We're getting Frost in the universe 6 team. So, we'll essentially see how the "Freeza forced to work with heroes" scenario plays out.
>>
>>152664214
>krillin uses the multiform
Only in filler - and, unlike Piccolo using it, which was suggested by Toriyama, that one was all Toei.

>>152664867

It's from the Daizenshuu, not really a new thing.
>>
>>152632040
She handled his pitiful dick like a pro and left him mind broken
>>
>>152656367
sauce
>>
>>
>>152628952
>More like the guy who was indoctrinated by his father into being a fighter despite never being particularly good at it (considering how much training he had to do).
>>
>>152649082
>>152650479
So, it was Piccolo who forced Gohan to become a fighter, even though he doesn't like it, but he still sees Piccolo as a father figure because of Stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>152632747
Even in that it's more as a know it all show off than actual intelligence.
Gohan for all intents and purposes is as dumb as any other Sayain.
>>
>>152651522
I thought it was all the losing Universes?
>>
>>152652347
Nah, its pretty accurate.
I mean, think about it, Gohan never got to be a kid.
All his mother wanted him for was to study and all his father wanted to really do with him was train, and if his father was dead he'd be training with the jolly green giant.
The only time we really see him having a day off is filler or the movies, and even then its his mother letting him wander in the fucking woods with the guy who kidnapped him.

Fuck, he probably never saw another kid until fuckin Dende.

And then theres people that go "Oh Goku probably spent plenty of time with him that wasn't training" (even though, going by the events you see, that doesn't seem likely), you have to ask if it was actual father-son time and not "Its dinner, guess its time for family now"

Gohan is fucked up in the head and lives out his childhood fantasy as an adult in a costume.
>>
>>152643445
>And don't even get me started on Vegeta and Piccolo character development.

Wow, two characters in Z got character developtment, compared to pretty much every character in DB.
>>
>>152657170
>People complain about his character developtment being wasted
>One of the biggest developtments is his father learning he isn't a fighter and he just wants to study
>Only beats Cell because his dad dies and even then he still has to be helped out

Wait,would Cell know the Kaioken?
>>
>>152657392
>and might already have the same type of powers that guru has.
Isnt it stated that warrior Namekians cant have that power?
>>
>>152667562
Yeah. Universes eliminated in the tournament are "immediately" destroyed according to that teaser with the manga pages.
>>
File: 33 times stronger.png (235KB, 1002x726px) Image search: [Google]
33 times stronger.png
235KB, 1002x726px
Reminder
>>
>>152667426
>Stockholm Syndrome

Not really stockholm syndrome. While he did kidnap him, he didn't do so for nefarious purposes. He did so because he saw Gohan's potential and wanted to make him realize it, also to prepare for the Saiyans.. Somewhere along the way though they developed a father son relationship which helped change Piccolo from being the green alien man that wanted to kill Goku and take over Earth to being a protector of it.
>>
>>152668035
The zenkais got retarded in the Frieza arc then after that the Saiyans never saw any gains like that again.
>>
>>152667851
Oh shit, did he absorb Bubbles, Gregory and King Kai after reforming? That...could be an interesting Super Plot point.
>>
>>152668035
Zenkai was a worse plot device than the Time Chamber.
>>
>>152668751
Zenkai is supposed to be getting stronger after recovering right? It's basically a human quality^10.
>>
>>152668751
Zenkais were bad but the plot chamber was way worse.

I'm still wondering why future Popo or Goku in the afterlife never contacted Gohan or Trunks for them to go there just to do some situps and come back to fart the Androids out of existence.
>>
>>152668841
I'm still trying to figure out why nobody in future timeline make the trip new to new namek to make a wish.
>>
>>152669204
They have no idea where the fuck it is.
Goku only located it via instant transmission.
>>
>>152669204
No space ships capable to reach Namek
>>
>>152669319
Even if they didn't,Dr Briefs or even Bulma could build one within what, a month?

>>152669269
This makes much more sense. Though future timeline gives up a bit too easily it seems. Modern timeline would have been channeling the dead through Baba or some shit to try and find it.
>>
>>152668035
That reminds me, if they want to be so stronk, why don't they just gather some senzu beans and abuse zenkai boost just like Vegeta did with Dende?
>>
>>152669413
In the Super manga, it was revealed that Goku and Vegeta are already at a point where they get no power from Zenkai anymore.

Black's boosts are due to his regenerated cells bonding better with his mind after each recovery.
>>
>>152667872
I thought Kami was a mystic type and now that Piccolo absorbed/fused with him he has both warrior/mystic abilities?

Fuck man, I'm a Piccolofag but I think we can all agree that namekian abilities are way more interesting than saiyans with their boring ass transformations and prophecies that are retconned 2 episodes after they become true. Too bad green slug men don't boost ratings and merchandising sales.
>>
>>152669392
No, they can't. Briefs' better space ship was shit compared to Katatsu's, and that was even shittier compared to Goku's
>>
>>152669539
>No they can't
>Briefs built a spaceship that got to Namek for Goku

So Briefs can only build a spaceship once and never again because plot?
>>
>>152669492
>Black's boosts are due to his regenerated cells bonding better with his mind after each recovery.
No, Black boost are zenkais. "Bond saiyan cells and godly mind" thing is about use better his body and being able to go SS, SSGSS, etc. You can see a clear difference, in chapter 19 Black is totally fucked so he got a zenkai when was healed, in chapter 20 he's just a bit injured when Zamasu heals him so he doesn't get any boost besides learn how use his SSGSS form because his new cells are more linked to his mind.
>>
File: lol wut.jpg (67KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
lol wut.jpg
67KB, 563x750px
>>152669492
>Black's boosts are due to his regenerated cells bonding better with his mind after each recovery.
>>
>>152626427
To be honest the Saiyans aren't even needed most of the time, it's normal for Gohan to have a life outside of fighting because Earth isn't perpetually in danger. Goku and Vegeta are the way they are because they're full saiyans and are too retarded to do anything else but train for their next fight. Gohan is only half saiyan so it's different for him.
>>
>>152669611
>>Briefs built a spaceship that got to Namek for Goku
Never ever. Briefs only updated Goku's old saiyan pod. They don't have more Freeza army pods or namekian spaceships so they can't go Namek anymore.
>>
File: GokuShip1.png (634KB, 1001x768px) Image search: [Google]
GokuShip1.png
634KB, 1001x768px
>>152669732
I missed the portion about this one being made of his pod's "Scraps". Doesn't really mean much to though. Briefs' third ship that Vegeta trained on would have probably been more than enough to get there.
>>
Just caught up in the manga. I thought the U6 tournament was handled worse for the most part, particularly the Hit fight, but the Zamasu arc is ironing out a lot of the sloppy writing the anime had.

I wish the manga was weekly so it didn't have to rush and could properly pace shit. It's a shame we have two half-realized versions of Super's story instead of a definitive one.
>>
>>152669798
>Briefs' third ship would have probably been more than enough
But have not. Because plot, but actually makes sense (unlike why the fuck they don't use the time chamber in the future)
>>
>>152669732
>Jaco The Galactic Patrolman on Call
>Monaka the Space Postman
>Trunks & Goten literally going to an unknown planet by mistake

>"can't go Namek anymore"

I wonder what it's like to be retarded
>>
>>152625724
>those voice actors

holy shit
>>
>>152669978
It's 1 person playing both you dumb fucking newfag.
>>
>>152669978
I like the entire cast of the Japanese version for the most part but the Son family in particular is bad.

Masako Nozawa is really talented and was a good pick for the child characters but the voice stopped fitting as the cast aged up, especially by Super since she's fucking 80 years old now.
>>
>>152628925
t. I have no actual talent or value to society so I leech off of others who do

Gohan does what Gohan wants unlike betas like you
>>
>>152670046
I think it still fits just fine, even Toriyama himself saif he imagined Goku with her voice.
>>
>Gihan stops training
>Something happens
>His family dies/almost dies because he's now too weak
>The "Scholar" never puts two and two together long enough to go
>"I need to at least keep myself prepared for the future."
>>
>>152669941
>Jaco The Galactic Patrolman on Call
Maybe Tights was promptly killed in the future

>Monaka the Space Postman
In the future? Also they can't contact with him (at least in the manga) even in the present
>>
>>152670169
Of course he does nigga he's heard it coming from gokus mouth for like 30 years.
>>
>>152625679
Videl is by far ruined more than him. They're perfect for each other
>>
>>152663076
They kept saying universe to be more imposing in hindsight. At the time their claims would seem genuine, but later on it would be more like strongest in that particular galaxy.
>>
File: wat.jpg (29KB, 628x477px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
29KB, 628x477px
>>152657170

>people STILL don't realize that Gohan was lying and actually had to actively suppress his urge to fight and kill, which was fully shown in his SSJ2 state

The Saiyan blood within him rages to this day, pushing him to fight. He made the Great Saiyaman persona so he could get that sense of excitement from fighting without feeling like he's betraying himself.

It's even readdressed in the latest episode. He's incredibly excited when he realizes he can fight Goku as Saiyaman. He's incredibly into it and happy when the fight starts, just like Goku.

Gohan wants to be a scholar - that's his human side. Gohan also wants to fight and kill - that's his saiyan side. One is accepted wildly here while the other is wildly denied, despite both being true.

It's the exact same for Trunks. He -enjoyed- destroying Frieza and Cold.
>>
>>152670046
I had no issue with Masako before, but for some reason her voice acting in this fight bothered me. I guess it sounds weird to me hearing her voice both Goku and Gohan.
>>
>>152667851
He already knew it yes, but he was so strong already it probably didn't help him, sorta like Mystic Gohan I assume.
>>
>>152670269
He said this like 25 years ago or something.
>>
>>152668145
Then brought back for Black, which makes even less fucking sense.
>>
File: fembroly10.jpg (149KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
fembroly10.jpg
149KB, 750x937px
An amazing artist finally got in on the action.
>>
>>152670468
>edgy headcanon
>>
>>152643867
>>152644251
It was really good writing and was psychologically appropriate. He was flustered and not very adept at sucking up so he looked awkward.

His rage afterwards was partly because he sucked up to him in advance, it did nothing, he felt humiliated and used and of course Bulma got slapped too. That was the trigger.

BoG was a genius film desu
>>
File: female-broly-226584.png (315KB, 719x326px) Image search: [Google]
female-broly-226584.png
315KB, 719x326px
>>152670606
Super Saiyan form is almost literally Broly with some balloons strapped in a tank top. How awful.
>>
Reminder

There's a SSG in Universe 7, but there's not in Universe 6, just like there's a LSS in Universe 6, but there's not in Universe 7.

Also even if they confirm there's a legendary one in Universe 7, Toriyama could create a new character to be the canon LSS.

If you can't prove there's a LSS in Universe 7, and it's none other than Broly, your "Broly is canon" bullshit is just headcanon
>>
>>152671702
$5 says Hit and Goku's fight gets hyped up a this upcoming arc only for Hit to become absolutely destroyed by someone else before they have the opportunity to battle.
>>
>>152671967
>>152671702
I deleted my whole paragraph agreeing with you by mistake. Basically, I like the idea of those parallels and would be excited to see how it plays out.
>>
File: 1485221249728.jpg (52KB, 341x550px) Image search: [Google]
1485221249728.jpg
52KB, 341x550px
what's his name /a/?
>>
>>152672041

Batman
>>
File: cloaked figure theory1.png (62KB, 974x160px) Image search: [Google]
cloaked figure theory1.png
62KB, 974x160px
>>152672041
Sheev Palpatine
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>152641745
>toiletfag
>calling anyone an autist
Rei is literally autism: the character
>>
>>152672041
Senate
>>
>>152672041
Vegeta Black
>>
>>152674490
>Vegeta Black becomes a thing
>Jobs at every encounter
>Gets Zenkai boosts each time
>Still jobs
>>
File: saiya Zamasu.png (237KB, 1053x770px) Image search: [Google]
saiya Zamasu.png
237KB, 1053x770px
Pick your favorite Z̶a̶m̶a̶s̶u̶ "Black".
>>
>>152670670
Who thought this was a good idea? I wouldn't be surprised if she also grew a penis.
>>
File: 1468716455138.gif (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1468716455138.gif
1MB, 512x288px
>>152675537
Base form, easily
>>
>>152626457
what the hell happens to him in the alternate timeline?????
>>
File: why broliko.jpg (995KB, 800x1103px) Image search: [Google]
why broliko.jpg
995KB, 800x1103px
>>152675693
>Who thought this was a good idea?
The absolute madman
>>
>>152675845
He's never born because goku died of a heart virus.
>>
>>152675845
Which timeline?
In the Cell and Trunks timelines, he wouldn't have been born
In the timeline Black came from, he was killed
>>
>>152676382
>he was killed
Only confirmed in the anime
>>
>>152676382
so he's killed in the black timeline...goten will be an eternal kid
>>
>>152675845
Killed by Black if I'm not wrong
>>
>>152670670
You forgot the lipstick
>>
>>152676558
what a waste
>>
>yfw the green super saiyan is just mastered super saiyan rage
>>
>>152676909
>blue aura and yellow aura make green
>>
File: 1384228277880.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1384228277880.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>152677119
>>
>>152675941
When she's not angry, she looks cute. Then she turns angry and she turns into this abomination that looks nothing like her.
>>
>>152625679
Yes. He's literally married to her.

>>152670378
This guy gets it.
>>
File: ks.png (637KB, 1396x291px) Image search: [Google]
ks.png
637KB, 1396x291px
So... what do you think about gods?
>>
>>152625679
Your mother.

I expected someone else than me for this, but the hell no one said it, is /a/ becoming wise?
>>
File: Zeno.jpg (154KB, 666x679px) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.jpg
154KB, 666x679px
>Retards thinking Daishinkan is the villain
>When this little piece of shit is going to destroy 11 universes because "muh fun"
>>
File: ZENO, DELET.png (270KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ZENO, DELET.png
270KB, 800x450px
>>152679405
>Zeno
>little piece of shit
>>
>>152679405
Zeno's a major threat but he's not going to be the main antagonist.
I'd sooner guess the father angel than him.
>>
>"Limit Break X Survivor" because is about Zeno's survival game
>"An Evil Angel and Righteous Devil" because...

Grand Priest is the villain if you think Zeno is the good guy. Papa angel is probably tired of see how his sons die because God is literally a retarded kid.
>>
File: 237367339.jpg (68KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
237367339.jpg
68KB, 636x476px
>>152664867
>Krillin and Tien could eat Nappa for breakfast by this point

Saiyan Saga Krillin would have killed Nappa if Vegeta hadn't been there.
>>
>>152680391
A shame everyone started to get regen and he isn't allowed to hit for shit with that technique. That move alone would have kept him on Goku's level right until Cell showed up
>>
>>152680391
>>152664867

To be fair Destructo-Disk is easily the most OP power in early DBZ. It potentially could've one-shotted anyone up until Perfect Cell shows up.

There's probably a timeline where Krillin killed 2nd form Frieza instead of just cutting off his tail.
>>
>>152625679
>"ruined"
>leads a happy, successful life with a loving wife, daughter, and the bankroll of one of the richest men on the planet
>"boohooohoo he doesn't fight as much anymore since he never liked fighting!"
This is why no one takes shonen seriously.
>>
>>152681066
>There's probably a timeline
haha no
>>
>>152641624
I firmly believe that the entire franchise would be better if we completely swap Raditz and Vegeta
>>
File: IMG_2581.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2581.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
I want the pharaoh goddess of destruction to sit on my face
also Ganesh is best GoD, clown a shit
>>
>>152681352
>That shit fanart

What if we wait for better shots of the new GoDs?
>>
>>152681352
>Ganesh standing next to Gowasu in trailer
>Ganesh belongs to universe 10
>Ganesh didn't deal with his ZAMASU problem
>Ganesh confirmed most disappointing God
>>
Female Broly is married to a stern human that wants her to stop fighting so much but ultimately proves to be a pushover.
>>
>>152683203
>Beerus didn't deal with his MAJIN BUU problem
>Beerus confirmed most disappointing God
>>
>>152625679
One of the only good and consistent character progression of DBZ. Not everyone has to fight constantly, him giving it up to be a family man and scholar is much more interesting.
Of course, it fits rather strangely in the Shonen and I understand, but it's still a nice take on it.
Krillin has a similar progression, but he gave up fighting as well cuz he couldn't keep up (whereas Gohan simply didn't want to). Both have given it up for their families as well, however.

It's not bad, it just sucks that most characters don't have a lot of variety within their paths and that makes it look repetitive and shitty, and boring. Super has two people that matter, with only one being actually important. That is the main flaw here (and has been for a long time).
>>
>>152684137
It's just a damn shame he dragged Videl down with him.
>>
>>152683786
fem Broly rapes Krillin during the tournament
>>
>>152657226
To be fair, stay-home moms stopped being a thing because Reagan killed the middle class and a worker salary couldn't sustain a nuclear family anymore so in a bizarre twist, conservatives forced moms to leave the kitchen.
>>
>>152684185
>rapes
>implying
>>
>>152658974
Toriyama projected his resentment toward his own mother throught Chichi
>>
File: justananimetheory.png (387KB, 866x609px) Image search: [Google]
justananimetheory.png
387KB, 866x609px
>>152679405
He's gonna get it according to some autistic spic DB theorist on youtube
>>
File: 1485083424672.png (417KB, 620x435px) Image search: [Google]
1485083424672.png
417KB, 620x435px
>Gohan is living a happy life
Would've been a good excuse if it was ANY other anime.
This is Dragon Ball, people don't have jobs or work, it's just fighting fighting and more fighting. Nobody cares about the other shit around it
>>
File: lovecraft.jpg (93KB, 482x471px) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft.jpg
93KB, 482x471px
Dragon Ball is cosmic horror. No one is allowed to be happy because there are ominous forces in the deep of cosmos and unknown planes of existence that could wipe out mankind in less than a second without hesitation
>>
Reminder that SSA is canon and will look awesome in the manga
>>
File: durvbo1_500.gif (2MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
durvbo1_500.gif
2MB, 430x242px
>>152675537
>>152675746

Goku Black/Zamasu, especially in his base form was one of the coolest DB antagonists. Does anyone have the gif of him coming down from that cloud in Trunks's world
>>
>>152672041
Miss
>>
>>152679664
>"He was going to destroy over a quindecillion innocent lives. He was going to end a gogol of years of progress. Of Peaceful Cultures. Of Joy and Happiness For what? Games. His own little games. He has the power to do anything and he chooses to destroy without mercy or reason. I killed him to save everything."
And then Angel dad was literally the best villain and the Heroes are the assholes.
>>
>>152641745
>fucking ugly
this shit cracked me up for some reason
her hair style isn't great but i can't see how she's ugly
>>
>>152686151
Fuck off DBZfag.
>>
>>152625930
>11

9. He was 9 when he killed Cell, 10 if you include his biological age.
>>
>>152629086
My nigga. It actually made me upset to not see Yamcha for the Universial Survival Arc. Even know I like Roshi, he shouldn't be considered even the top 10 strongest people on the planet (over the age of 18 that is).
>>
>>152632717
While that does happen, they aren't married or even dating. Launch eventually left because of farm life being boring, but still visits every now and then.
>>
>>152635224
>joke/parody

No, that's incorrect. Yamcha is the "Wow, -insert character here- must be really strong to take out Yamcha!" and martial artist exposition character. To call him a gag character is to also call Goku and the rest gag characters back then...which wouldn't be too wrong.

>>152635386
>forgetting Invisible Man (yeah he got help, but Baba was cheating because he actually started kicking his ass normally)
>forgetting the Saibaman, who lost the fight before the suicide attack

Hell, I could even include Chichi and Boss Rabbit's henchmen.
>>
>>152690873
I did forget Invisible Man. Saibamen I would not count. That's the scene in which Yamcha was cemented as an absolute laughing stock of a character.
>>
Are they ever going to figure out a way to make someone other than Goku/Vegeta viable fighters?
>>
>>152650304
Trunks is a manlet.
>>
>>152684176
True. She probably would have been of no help either way and was only written as a love interest for Gohan, but the direction they went with her was very boring.
As she was a grown teenage girl, she'd always struggle to even keep up with DB Krillin, but to try nonetheless would make for a more interesting story with diverse conflict.
>>
>>152654763
>Krillin was literally called the strongest Earthling again
>implying the three eyed cuck is stronger

>>152655526
What do you mean? The only reason why Bulma married Vegeta is to make sense as to why a purple haired Saiyan-Human hybrid exists.
>>
>>152664247
Does the Ultimate form make you swole as fuck? Because he's not supposed to be THAT big.
>>
>>152690977
Human power ups, through Shenlong or whatever. Foes who can absorb the power of others (basically Androids). Techniques, like actual martial arts, mattering more than power levels. But the manga is at such a point where this is impossible to ever consider. If fights were won by simply outsmarting the opponent through diverse martial arts skills, it never would have gone as far to outsource every other character.
Some humans with their style would remain important as they can perfect it better than the protagonist, thus giving off the importance to characters other than Goku. They all are equal, only perhaps Goku had more natural skill or curiosity (as well because he's an alien, of course).
He himself would have had an advantage over other Sayans in the end because they only brawl and are destructive in nature, whereas Goku has actually learned martial art skills he can use to fuck over these opponents.
Even Frieza would suddenly not be weaker than the Androids, he just had a literal alien style. Whereas Androids were programmed with every style imaginable, thus even more dangerous than any other foe they seen before. If both of them could have beaten each other would remain a mystery as they were not programmed with literal space martial arts.
The manga coulda still used explosions, beam blasts, flying and super speed as well... but it still would have been relevant to the techniques, diet, or transformations (also done by martial arts or alien shit or magic) they'd been using.
>>
>>152691289
Like One Punch Man minus Saitama?
>>
>>152690936
Eh, I guess it was never as horrible for me. Sure, it's meme worthy, but its not like Yamcha got his ass handed to him then was killed. He actually beat up the Saibaman. Honestly I'd say his balls getting split by Kami was worse.
>>
>>152691103
I'll be honest.
When I posted that I forgot Tenshinhan was even there.
>>
>>152691384
I guess so, but I never watched or read it. Shonen don't interest me much, but I grew up with DB and DBZ, so I still like it a lot.
>>
>>152641923
She was cute here, it was Buu Saga Chi-Chi that started the ugly.
>>
This scene is so powerful because it's kind of the "end" of Gohan's journey from childhood to manhood. He surpasses his father, find his motivations by himself and is now ready to beat the crap out of an enemy that is in part his own father, his friends and one of their nemesis (Freeza). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fkgpe1Wmt4
>>
>>152691749
>part his father, friends, and Frieza
what the fuck?
>>
All DB characters were ruined after the Cell saga when they made every character aside from Goku and Vegeta completely irrelevant.
>>
>>152692218
The only character who's still relevant by Cell who isn't relevant in Buu is Krillin.
Cell phased out everyone besides the Saiyans and Piccolo.
>>
>>152692218
>After

During Cell is when it started. Piccolo re-fuses with Kami and gains a massive powerup and is immediately shut the fuck down by an even more powerful Cell. Actually thinking about it, maybe that can even go so far back as the Freiza saga if I'm looking only at Piccolo.
>>
>>152641617
>dreaming of adventure
Not like there is much adventure to have anymore.
>got kidnapped by a space man who was his uncle
>trained under an alien who at the time was the son of the demon king
>fought dinosaurs
>fought the sayans
>went to space
>fought more aliens
>came home then fought cyborgs
>saved the world from bioengineered cyborg monster
>became a super hero
>obtained waifu
>fought king of the demon realms
>fought universal terror magic alien
>visited the afterlife to draw a magical sword from the stone and train
What else is left but death and taxes?
>>
>>152692547
it started immediately after Nappa killed everyone
>>
>>152690977
It's very easy to be honest, have krillin learn the kaio-ken or something and he'd get better. Of course not everyone can have it since it's Goku's technique but giving it to Krillin is ok because they're best friends.

Piccolo could absorb a universe 6 namekian or something
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.