[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Deku?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0459.jpg (111KB, 540x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
111KB, 540x692px
What do you guys think of Deku?
>>
>>152531618
whiny reckless fuck
>>
qt af
>>
>>152531662
not this
>>152531671
this

i wanna cuddle with deku
>>
>>152531618
That he can wreck some pussy.
>>
>>152531618
If only. He needs to become the Batman of his setting and get tons of pussy.
>>
This manga fell off quick. Went from a decent battle shonen to an ecchi harem. The only thing that keeps people reading is the cute girls. They're bland and boring but they're cute enough to keep/a/ interested.
>>
>>152532098
>T, Fag who never destroyed a pussy
>>
>>152531618
I want to see him sell his body to old men and then slowly start loving it over time.
>>
>>152531618
Decent WSJ timid protagonist. Way better than Tsuna, worse than Sena.
>>
>>152534519
Why would you want that? He should sell his body to me.
>>
>>152532098
> toga
> bland and boring
she may be an edgelord but she's not boring or bland
>>
File: 53836514_p7.jpg (436KB, 597x783px) Image search: [Google]
53836514_p7.jpg
436KB, 597x783px
>>152531618
QT
>>
Would be okay if he didnt cry all the fucking time
>>
>>152531618
he's one of the worst shonen protagonists i've seen, and brings an otherwise great series down to being just barely watchable.
>>
>>152534827
I want Deku as my son and Akko as my daughter
>>
He is progressing well. He may cease being a fag for the most part given another 100 chapters or so.
>>
File: IMG_0461.jpg (60KB, 564x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0461.jpg
60KB, 564x623px
>>152534851
>>
I wanna hit Mt. Woman in the peepee.
>>
>>152531618
>male seiyuu
Anime did something right.
>>
>>152531618
He's pretty generic, but that doesn't automatically make him shit. What makes him shit recently is that he doesn't get much chance to do anything besides acting as a background prop or foil to other characters to hype them up, yet still stay the same no matter what.

Whether it's Kemi/Toga, Bakugou, or TinTin, Deku's only character progression is naturally moving forward in a very generic and positive fashion that leaves no loose ends or possibility of coming back to bite him in the ass later down the road. He will only become stronger and more generic as an 'ideal hero'.

In fact, other than the toned down quirkiness trait of his, which is still autistic, he's basically a weak version of TinTin who is a weak version of old All Might. The early chapters are fun because he's still discovering himself, but we're gonna get close to 200 chapters or so this year and he's gradually getting closer and closer to being Ichigo.

That isn't to say that I'd like someone else as a MC, but fuck can't this kid get some character outside of his idealistic autistic heroism? He's just too conservative, just make him ask gravity out or something as a first step.
>>
>>152531618
If he was a girl he would be the best waifu/girl

He's simple. And that's okay
>>
>>152531618
Pretty mediocre take on the born without super powers in a super power universe meme. Could've at least pretended he was going to be a shitter before giving him one of the most powerful quirks in the manga (with the twist of body destruction where the destruction are immediately fixed).
>>
>>152536163
The only way you're gonna get a massive change out of Deku is if All Might dies or one of his friends gets almost killed on his regard

Or he's forced to become a villain and changes his outlook
>>
>>152536163
>just make him ask gravity out or something as a first step.
Why would he ask out one of the blandest characters in the manga? The only interesting thing she's ever done is done that out of school learning with the combat guy to spread her knowledge.
>>
>>152536362
I'm not talking about massive change, did you not see my example? I'm talking about him having character outside of being MUH HERO. If you take away him being a hero otaku, he's practically less than nothing and that's fucked up.

The very fact that up to this point the most characterized trait of his outside of his hero shit is literally his shoes should tell you something, and taking away his shoes wouldn't actually change his character at all either so it's just an accessory to the core.

>>152536478
You're comprehending very poorly. I'm saying him taking the initiative with bland girl is still magnitudes better than where he is right now, which is literally being static since like chapter 2. It's an example to show just how little Deku has grown to the readers outside of his power level and combat experience. His actual fights don't change who he is, not in the slightest unlike the other characters.
>>
>>152532098
>Went from a decent battle shonen to an ecchi harem
Did it really?
Outside of retards constantly shipping does any girl other than Ochako actually like him romantically?

If you bother replying to this post please cite chapters or pages.
>>
>>152536609
Not really, you could say Toga expressed an interest on him, but that was only because he was covered in blood and Toga loves blood.

The only girl who has romantics feeling for Deku, that are also relevant to the plot, is Ochako.
>>
>>152536587
And adding a bit I forgot, it's not just change, it's the lack of exposure into who Deku is. Even if Deku never changes throughout the entire story, that's fine so long as the reader can see new sides to him, learn more about him, etc etc even down to trivial details that's naturally included into the chapters (so not like Ichigo where his favorite food or colors and shit only come up in character databooks and never even show up in the manga).

Just having more exposure to the MC will make him easier to relate to, but right now he's basically some /v/idya self insert gary stu JRPG avatar that you can customize name and looks. There's nothing to personalize him.
>>
>>152536743
>that are also relevant to the plot
So are you saying that there are random side characters that show up who want to fuck Deku?
>>
>>152536838
To be fair, as far as favourite colour is concerned it's not exactly going to show well in manga unless you only have them in that colour in colour pages.
>>
>>152536909
No, sorry, I could have writed that better. What I meant is that Ochako just recently got into a plot in which she will compress her feelings for Deku so they can't distract her, thats why I mean that its relevant to the plot.

Don't worry, besides her, threes nobody else that wants the Deku D
>>
>>152536923
Yes that is a great point, but that was just an example. A better example is how Naruto always likes to eat ramen, and many of the down time dialogue scenes revolves around Naruto dining at the ramen shop. This is trivial, and individually it's insubstantial, but if you pile up these kinds of minor elements it certainly fleshes out a character.

I'm not saying Deku has to invest that much in one trait, because MHA is really fast paced compared to Naruto, but right now he's a fucking blank slate. I don't know jack shit about him, not even how he thinks of himself like whether or not he's confident in his looks, if he likes how he styles his own hair, or even the type of girls he likes as an ideal fantasy (gonna guess boobs though cause ya know). There's just fucking nothing right now, and if the author is gonna be a fag like Kubo and leave it all to light novel authors then that's naturally gonna hurt his manga later down the road as far as the MC's popularity and relevance to the reader is concerned.
>>
>>152537032
Ah, okay. Thank you. I appreciate it.
>>
>>152537060
I agree completely, he's very little right now other than all might's attempted successor, Deku barely even exists.
>that's naturally gonna hurt his manga later down the road as far as the MC's popularity and relevance to the reader is concerned
Didn't he come in second last popularity poll? MC's shouldn't be coming in second unless they're made to be hated/boring.
>>
>>152537208
Muh Bakugo though

I do have a guilty pleasure for his over exaggerations
>>
File: O6GipIp.jpg (57KB, 330x367px) Image search: [Google]
O6GipIp.jpg
57KB, 330x367px
>>152537250
He is pretty fun to watch
>>
A better example might be how Deku views the rules of hero society compared to side characters like Iida or Bakugou. Iida is the straight man, and tries to stick to the rules as best he can, but even he ends up questioning his own morals and shit during the Stain arc. Bakugou is the opposite, in where he actually doesn't give a shit about the rules, and instinctively treats them merely as just rules that he adheres to so he can surpass All Might playing the same game, but slowly and reluctantly starts understanding the meaning of the rules of society even if he's not totally on board with it.

But on the other hand, there's Deku. He ignores the rules whenever he wants but 'knows' it's wrong and that the rules are there for a reason, and he basically never questions whether or not the rules are wrong, even if he instinctively breaks them more than all his class mates. He basically doesn't even have a view point on hero society that readers can grasp, only guess. We just don't know anything about him besides the hero obsession. Hell we don't even know how he would rate super powers, he's just conservative and "oh everyone's valuable, everyone's a winner, oh so and so is real stronk but I'm not gonna give a comparison for relativity".

>>152537208
It's funny, Deku honestly seems like a poorly written Japanese isekai MC, while Bakugou seems like a generic xianxia chink MC. You'd think the former is better than the latter given this is /a/, but the key difference is, the latter is far more upfront with their thoughts and emotions whether it's in actions, behavior, dialogue, or monologue. Even if you hate everything about him, at least you recognize him as a character you hate. With the former it's like "who the fuck are you?" and naturally most of us would wonder if someone as autistic as him can exist because of the severe 1-dimensional personality.
>>
>>152531618
>Whiny
>Never seriously tried to become a hero until someone promised him a powerful quirk as a reward
>Hasn't actually gotten better in 50+ chapters
>Only reason he's smarter than average is because the mangaka turns everyone near him into retards who have no idea how to use their own quirks
>So shit at using his quirk he actually almost permanently ruined his arm because he apparently can't be bothered to train on his spare time

And the best thing is that BnHAfags are sucking this up and will defend him regardless
>>
>>152531618
He's alright
>>
>>152531618
He makes me have gay thoughts.
>>
File: IMG_1072.png (36KB, 216x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.png
36KB, 216x516px
>>152537846
>>
>>152537846
>I haven't actually read the manga, but still want to shitpost
>>
>>152538188
Please refute any of the points I made.
>>
File: 001.png (465KB, 1400x1107px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
465KB, 1400x1107px
>>152537208
>MC's shouldn't be coming in second unless they're made to be hated/boring.
>>
>>152534849
>>152536163
>>152536355
>>152536478
>>152536587
>>152536838
>>152537060
>>152537208
>>152537424
>>152537846
>I haven't actually read the manga, but still want to shitpost
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.