[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Are You Reading Right Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 19

File: WAYRRN.png (186KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
WAYRRN.png
186KB, 349x500px
>What Manga are you reading right now?

>What have you planned to read or have in your backlog?

>What have you recently dropped?
>>
>>152512324
Almost caught up with Railgun.
Going to start Helck and Dorohedoro today after lurking related threads.
Rereading D-frag too.
>>
Last thread: >>152438015

Right now I'm particularly enjoying Maou-jou de Oyasumi, Birdmen and Ane no Onaka o Fukuramaseru wa Boku.

I'm planning to read Tetsugaku Letra next.

I haven't recently dropped anything.
>>
>>152512324
Trying to muscle through vol 16 of Highschool DxD. It's super good, but I can't find the time to really sit down and dump a few hours into it. I definitely see why it's considered with vol 11-12 to be the best part. Planning to pick up goblin slayer novel, the comic adapt is so good, the source must be even better.
>>
File: AIKI (3).png (237KB, 958x1400px)
AIKI (3).png
237KB, 958x1400px
>>152512324
Aiki-S since it was picked up once again recently, same for Saru Lock and also giving Aria a try.
>>
>>152512324
>>152512789
>template threadstarter image
>last thread backlink
Don't do this.

I'm reading Kekkaishi.
>>
>>152512324
vagabond
>>
Just caught up with Boku no Hero Academia. It was much better than I expected
>>
>>152512324
The Adventures of Spinning Neapolitan Man and his sidekick the Selfish Cripple Kid
>>
File: Gin_to_Kin01_ch08_010 .jpg (848KB, 1476x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Gin_to_Kin01_ch08_010 .jpg
848KB, 1476x1064px
Gin to Kin because of the dorama.
>>
Hatsukoi Zombie, I thought it'd be too cliched just like any generic shounenshit, but it's actually great and well executed, remind me of TWGOK.

Grand Blue, Golden Kamui, and maybe rereading Angel Densetsu and B Gata H Kei because I've already forgotten about them.

Kyou no Yuiko-san, too repetitive and boring.
>>
File: sanctuary-1615570.jpg (125KB, 1200x807px)
sanctuary-1615570.jpg
125KB, 1200x807px
>>152512324
pic
JoJolion, Holyland, Gantz
I usually read things through to the end
>>
>>152519483
I recognize that face from somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>152519483
Sanctuary is great, wouldn't recommend Holyland though, pretty shit.
>>
File: 0040-002.jpg (562KB, 1954x1400px) Image search: [Google]
0040-002.jpg
562KB, 1954x1400px
A-Bout!
Bakuon Rettou
Bartender
Be-Bop High School
Clover
Drifters
JoJoLion
Osu!! Karate Bu
Rokudenashi Blues
Saru Lock
Silver Spoon

Akatsuki!! Otokojuku
Gokusen
Hareluya II Boy
Shonan Junai Gumi

Nothing really. A few things I am reading are in perpetual scanlation hell. I've re-read Crows for like the 4th time recently and I rarely re-read any manga.
>>
>>152520142
You should probably expand your horizons.
>>
File: Hareluya8.png (152KB, 754x1200px)
Hareluya8.png
152KB, 754x1200px
>>152520142
My fellow delinquent, good to see you.

>>152520650
You got a problem with my buddy over here?
>>
Gonna read Sora ga Haiiro dakara.
>>
File: RB146_07.jpg (516KB, 755x1200px)
RB146_07.jpg
516KB, 755x1200px
>>152520650
It's only what I am reading now, I don't think any of those are the best manga of all time for example.

>>152520844
You reading anything cool right now bro?
>>
>>152512324
All rounder Meguru is really fun after 5-10 chapters
>>
File: 2001-1.jpg (350KB, 1398x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2001-1.jpg
350KB, 1398x2000px
>ongoing
shingeki no kyojin
Yotsubato
Murcielago (updates never)

>finished
Gunjou

>What have you planned to read next(backlog too big to mention)
probably 2001-ya Monogatari

and i dont tend to drop manga
>>
>>152521276
Nothing really, about done with everything. Enjoying the few updates we have gotten of Saru Lock and let RokuBlues, Osu!!, Be-Bop and others pile up for now.
>>
Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai suru. Wonderful I must say. Greg is truly terrifying character. I can't believe I say it but the art is amazing too. I must read more of her works after that.

A lot of stuff on my computer, but my priority would be probably Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikouko

Ai-ren, no real reason too. Just don't feel like reading it.

By the way I wondered about it for a while lately, but is there a reason that Leiji Matsumoto stuff are untranslated? Lack of Raws? People simply don't care? I think only Captain Harlock is fully scanned and translated.

>>152520073
Really? why would you think that, aside from the bullshit "I'm the strongest now!" ending, it was really solid. Although I prefer the artist other work, "Suicide Island".
>>
The Voynich Hotel

Probably pick up Grand Blue.

>What have you recently dropped
I haven't dropped anything really but I pick up new series in the middle of reading others all the time.

>Wish I could read but it's stuck in scanlation hell
Wanitokagegisu
>>
>>152521671
>Wanitokagegisu
Good manga
>>
I just got up to date with fire punch. Its really edgy but in a good way
>>
>>152521619
>Really? why would you think that

Meh, pretty shit writing, for a manga that seems to try so hard to be grounded on reality it sure strays far from it. The romance is laughable and so are the fights in my opinion. The character growth emotionally and personality wise is cool but other than that it so full of bullshit and the MC being yet again some special snowflake that can do what no one else could. Even if the author tries to justify how fast his growth it, I can't suspend disbelief because of how ridiculous it is.
>>
>>152521794
People hype it like its the next big thing.
>>
>What manga are you reading right now?
Tokyo ghoul; re , Jackals & OPM
>what have you planned to read
i really don't know yet,looking for something similar to those i'm reading now
>what have you recently dropped
didn't drop any manga,since tokyo ghoul was the first manga i read,after finishing it i started the other three
>>
File: Cromartie High School v09 132.jpg (182KB, 800x1239px) Image search: [Google]
Cromartie High School v09 132.jpg
182KB, 800x1239px
>>152521575
I've ended up re-reading some shit while I wait for updates. Clover hasn't been updated in ages, was kind of hoping that Vendetta Scans would see it through to the end since it's like 2/3rds completely scanlated.
>>
File: 02.jpg (981KB, 1591x2400px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
981KB, 1591x2400px
>>152512324
>>What Manga are you reading right now?
Some anon posted a panel from oddman 11 so I'm catching up on that. Last time I read it it was translated only to ch17 so I have a few chapters to read.
>>What have you planned to read or have in your backlog?
Nothing really, waiting for /a/ to recommend something in an unrelated thread.
>>What have you recently dropped?
Tomodachi login. I should have read it all since it got cancelled and had few chapters but it got really boring after the second chapter. I liked the idea but the execution was bad.
>>
>reading
One Punch Man
UQ Holder
Triage X
New Lone Wolf and Cub
Rin-Ne

>plan to read
I Am a Hero
My Hero Academia
City Hunter
Space Adventure Cobra
Oh My Goddess
You're Under Arrest
Inu Yasha
Maison Ikkoku
Urusei Yatsura
>>
>>152521824
>>152521619
>>152520073
I too think Holyland is overrated.
I mean, it's not bad but definitely doesn't deserve all it's praise.
>For a manga that seems to try so hard to be grounded on reality it sure strays far from it
This is what bothered me the most, the author try so hard to make you think you're reading a realistic story that sometimes get in the way of the writing and make it go shit.
Also I keked at the NTR claim when the brother go with MMAfag after MC lose to him
>>
>>152512789
>Last thread:
Please don't.

Finished Domestic Yapoo. I have no idea why. It was horrendous beyond comprehension. Who does this? Seriously, what kind of twisted motherfucker does this shit? I guess I shouldn't be surprised Maruo enjoyed it.

>>152522459
Suicide Island is better, and somehow less edgy despite the title. Not sure about the most recent chapters though.
>>
>>152522024
>didn't drop any manga,since tokyo ghoul was the first manga i read,after finishing it i started the other three
Lurk for two years before posting.
>>
>>152521297
>All rounder Meguru is really fun after 5-10 chapters
And then really depressing when you catch up, and realize that nobody is translating it anymore.
>>
File: ?.gif (48KB, 300x100px)
?.gif
48KB, 300x100px
Im readan yotsuba!
>>
>>152524747
Good lad.
>>
Dorohedoro at the moment. It's pretty content dense compared to what I normally read, so I have to go over things and read summaries to truly get what's going on.

Also Like A Laika was a cute oneshot. What are your guys favorites?
>>
>>152525229

LaL has some chapters that were magazine-only. I might try to find them.
>>
A good read so far, fun and sometimes sad.
>>
File: LtZCxo3.jpg (513KB, 1600x1159px)
LtZCxo3.jpg
513KB, 1600x1159px
I've been rereading Vagabond for the nth time, and the art is still gorgeous no matter how many times you see it. Recently I dropped Oresama Teacher since the reverse-harem was getting stale and the main teacher guy was annoying.
>>
Been reading this for a while. About to start the last volume.
>>
File: 0001_0001.jpg (767KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0001_0001.jpg
767KB, 900x1350px
Partially rereading Fullmetal Alchemist. Years ago, maybe '09 or '10, I read everything that was out at the time but I never got back around to it when it finished. One thing that's surprising me is how oddly generic the first few volumes feel compared to how I remember. The first couple of chapters practically read like a page out of the "How to Get Your Shonen Oneshot Published" handbook. I wonder if this is because I'm more well read than I used to be or if it's just that I'm getting older.
>>
>>152528725
This ain't translated right?
>>
Rereading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer since I bought the entire set not long ago. Along with Joro Taniguch's A Distant Neighbourhood while recovering from Japanese cold, very cozy and the hard cover is beautiful. I've had A Girl on The Shore sitting on my shelf for a while so going to read that tomorrow along with Guardians of the Louvre. After that probably Reread Parasyte or start Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths.
>>
>>152530570
It is. Got published by Drawn and Quarterly like most of Shigeru Mizuki's stuff.
>>
Recently finished vol. 6 of "The Ancient Magus' Bride", it even came with a little bonus story booklet. I gotta say it's gotta be the prettiest most cozy manga I've ever read, def my current fav. Every time a new one comes out I just put on a celtic music playlist to set the mood and read it cover to cover, and I don't think any other manga has given me the same feeling.
>>
>>152530757

I see it in my LCS very often when picking up my /co/ pull list. What is the likelihood of it going out of print? Just wandering what the demand is like for it since I've planned on picking it up for a while.
>>
>>152522024
I recently started tokyo goul and just finished the 3rd volume, I wanna keep going but the goul powers are reminding me a bit of bleach and I'm afraid of the series falling into schlocky shonen fighting territory. Does it get any better or should I just quit while I'm ahead?
>>
>>152531062
No idea. It's been around for a good bit though and I suspect demand is (unfortunately) low, but that could go either way.
>>
File: 710887.jpg (129KB, 519x391px)
710887.jpg
129KB, 519x391px
>>152512324
>Reading
Gantz is pretty fun so far, I just wish it wasn't so decompressed. It feels like there's only one development per chapter. Kingdom and Kaguya-sama are my favorite ongoing manga right now.
>Planning to read
Been trying to branch out into /co/ stuff. Picked up this comic called Habibi, looks pretty fascinating. Also because of that sick embroidery.
>Dropped
Hinamatsuri, it has a following on /a/ but I thought it was really average desu.
>>152530995
Did you like the OVA?
>>152527836
I need to pick up Vagabond again sometime. The art was phenomenal but it felt kinda navel-gazing to me.
>>152531086
It's pretty beloved here at least. I'm surprised it got licensed at all.
>>
>>152531376

You never really know with D&Q titles, I love them but the fact they are so capricious like that make me hate them a little. At least they are attempting to bring good manga into the west and not another generic battle shonen.
>>
uratarou is the first manga i've picked up in months and it's ok, i've only see 1 thread for it ever.
>>
Shamo ended a while ago right, worth continuing after he joins the circus?
>>
We don't need to make this a general.
>>
>>152531546
The art is 10/10 but the pacing is just too fast.
>>
Caught up on Boku Girl.
Now on Dragon Maid, and
Monster Infirmary
Still reading Spice and Wolf LN's.
Haven't really dropped anything recently a lot have just gone on the back log for a bit.
>>
>>152512324
Berserk. Interesting, but I'm starting to bore from it.
I plan on rereading Sun Ken Rock by Boichi. Something about how Ken keeps getting more and more muscled bring me back.
Some kind of Manwa, I forget the name but it's mostly bullshit magical OP anyway.
>>
>>152531234
Don't bother reading past the torture part, that's as far as I'd advise to read.
>>
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/like-a-laika-r20585

I'd like to see more from this author.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.