[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

I just finished S1. Those last episodes were great.

Is S2 as good? I've heard mixed things about it
>>
>>152472827
Also how is it that every OP got progressively worse? The first one was good, the second one was annoying with almost no new footage, and what was with the third one? Why even bother with just 2 eps left?
>>
>>152472827
Lelouch dies.
>You now realize this joke is no longer relevant with S3 on the way
>>
Starts out weird, gets better, nice memes, ending is amazing
>>
>>152472827
If you can get pass it's terrible writing it's quite enjyable, S1 is way better though.
>>
Executive meddling to fanservice the hell out of the title.

Geass stops taking itself seriously very early in R2.
>>
>>152472929
No budget. Also the last 2 episodes of the 1st season were released months later as a special, hence the new OP.
>>
>>152472827
I don't really remember any good episodes of S2 and i watched that 2 months ago for the first time. Stop at S1 and go on with your life. Some fiction is better off without knowing how they end
>>
>>152473289
/thread
>>
Lelouch of the Resurrection is the best season.
>>
>>152472827
literally everyone seems to have a different opinion on it. all you need to know is that it is fun, and that's all that should matter.
>>
>>152472827

S2 is a bit all over the place, but the last episodes, just like S1, are great.

There's also Flow's magnum opus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKkMKolWQ8
>>
You should definitely watch it, worst case you'll find it bad but entertaining

I like this R2 better tho
>>
>>152472929
Because they aired like six months later. The third one was a good song, even if it was only for two episodes.
>>
>>152475601
Were the last two eps like a last minute thing or was it always planned to be like that?
>>
>>152475723
They used up two broadcast slots with recap episodes, so the ending had to be pushed back.
>>
>>152472827
>Is S2 as good?
It's way better since (unlike S1) it has no filler
>>
So how come Lelouch is able to turn off his geass at the start of S2?
>>
Both seasons were fucking trash.
>>
It's pretty good. Definitely worth watching and the ending is the best part even though it is kind of ruined by season 3 coming out now.
>>
>Is S2 as good?
It depends. Do you care about plot and character consistency? If the answer is yes, then S2 is trash. However, if you watch the show for the asspulls and crazy twists you will probably enjoy.
>>
>>152479963
Shame

Ill probably watch anyway, but shame they couldn't keep it up the same.
>>
>>152476644
>it has no filler
>Using filler to describe an anime original series
Retard. Besides, I'd have taken a few of the lighthearted school episodes over some of the retarded shit we got in season 2.
>>
>>152479995
It isn't all terrible. Lelouch and Kallen stay pretty good. Just be ready for disapointment when it comes to conflict. The battles between knightmares get alot worse.
>>
>>152479995
It's still somewhat fun and the ending is especially good, but the asspulls just got out of hand and the writers started to hurt the plot and characters too much in order to keep the twists and enteirtament value coming. Characters acting out of characters to create drama, completly nonsensical things happening to create surprise and suspense, subplots being introduced and dropped out of nowhere just to keep the viewer's attention, big things happening with no build up just for the sake of presenting big twists, R2 is just full of all those things.

Not that R1 didn't had them, because it did, but things were a little more balanced, coherent and consistent than in R2, only exception to that is at the end where zero uses his geass in Euphie, that was just as bad as the things in R2.
>>
Why do you people have such a massive pole up your ass about R2?
It was a lot better and a lot more fun than the first season
>>
>>152480517
>Leh ebin trainwrek bros
You have to be eighteen to post here.
>>
>>152480571
It wasn't a trainwreck, I honestly like R2 more than the first season
Except for the first few episodes, wow that was boring
>>
>>152480757
>I honestly like R2 more than the first season
Strange you would think that way, seeing as every part of season 2 is worse than season 1 other than the production values, which are themselves wasted on boring aerial mech fights and progressively sillier and sillier Knightmares.
>>
>>152480223
>The battles between knightmares get alot worse.
Also this, I almost forgot that the mecha aspect was garbage in S2 compared to 1.
>>152480517
Like I said in other post, it depends on your expectations about the series. In my opinion they went too far to make the series unpredictable, R1 striked a better balance between being a trainwreck and at the same time something with at least some coherence and consistency.
>>
>>152480959
>balance between being a trainwreck and at the same time something with at least some coherence and consistency.
You mean to say that R1 was actually a gripping wartime drama with well done tactical mech fights. The only thing in R1 that's really "Train wreckish" is Euphemia getting geassed.

Honestly they should've had a mentally unstable 11 gun her down and then have the Brittanians purge the stadium in retaliation. It would've had the same effect on the plot. Especially if it was made to look like Lelouch masterminded it.
>>
>>152481179
Well if an 11 started it, then it would give the brittanians more ammo. The fact that Euphemia did it seemingly without any prompting makes it more one sided to the public
>>
>>152481280
The point is that even though one person did it they'd have slaughtered the stadium. It would've lit the powderkeg in the same way.
>>
>>152480941
>>152480959
I liked the flying knightmares
China arc was fun, checkmate scene was great, FLEIJA was awesome, the entire battle of Japan was really good, Charles's plan was insane, the entire ending starting from episode 19 was phenomenal
>>152480959
>>152481179
It's about entertainment, not a "gripping war drama", if I wanted that I'd watch some borimg Hollywood vietnam movie
R2 was a hell of a lot better because of it keeps getting bigger and bigger and always more out of control and interesting
>>
>>152481444
You're a pleb and your opinions hold no merit or weight.
>>
>>152481552
Except I got trips so fuck off
>>
>>152481663
Repeating digits have no merit other than derailing Naruto threads and being used as weapons in inter-board warfare. This is neither of those.

No need to get salty over the fact that you're entire opinion on CG can be boiled down to "It was dumb, but it was still FUN! so who cares how stupid everything got!"
>>
>>152472827
Now that the sequel was announced, definitely no
Zero requiem completely lost its meaning if he's still alive right?
If so, just make Lelouch serve as Zero forever and ever instead Suzaku
>>
>>152481738
It was already dumb before anyway
>lol 4d chess
>orange-kun
>chasing the fucking cat all over the school
And that was just in the first few episodes
R2 just made it better
>>
>>152481844
That kind of stuff is pretty standard for anime. None of that is as ridiculous as
>We gave you a fake brother to fill in for your real sister and he has "ZA WARUDO" as a geass
or
>Oh shit the ground suddenly turned to mud because of "CHINA STRONK, muh people's revolution"
or
>I'm betraying you because it turned out you were britannian royalty living in exile with a huge grudge against them. Good thing our new friends who happen to be brittanian royalty clued us in on it.
>>
>>152481980
Oh wait I forgot some like
>You're letting zero escape? Good thing we had like a hundred thousand zero costumes on hand, so now we all get to leave!

or
>I'm a terrible dictator but I actually hated politics and war, so instead of using my vast vast influence to work towards ending it, I'm going to rip off the ending to evangleon by using geass on humanities collective unconscious.

or
>Your mother was actually alive inside this random side character the whole time, AND SHES ON CHARLE"S side

and on, and on, and on, and on.
>>
>>152481980
What's wrong with more people having a geass?
It was fun
Yeah they were mad Lelouch lied and they didn't know he didn't really geass them
>>
>>152482089
It was entertaining sure, I'll give you that, but it wasn't good and it wasn't coherent. The black knights trusting an enemy who very well could've been lying was bullshit and nothing anybody says can change that.

And it was less Rolo having geass on its own, and more it was his entire character concept. The only good thing he did was save lelouch and die.
>>
>>152482075
>implying it wasn't a crazy cool escape
Yeah, he wanted humanity to become one, Charles didn't want to change other stuff because he thought it was useless and just wanted to reach the singularity
It made a lot of sense that Charles actually loved them considering Lelouch and especially Nunnally weren't just killed and why Nunnally was blind, and having Lelouch's mom be still alive in some shape was a really great twist and a wonderful cathartic moment for Lelouch
>>152482223
Black knights thought they were brainwashed
Rolo liked his "brother"
>>
>>152481980
>>152482075
You forgot about the part where Suzaku and Lelouch ''suddenly'' conquer all britannia.
>Have the entire anime about Black Knights fighting against Britannia
>Make Lelouch conquer it without any build up or struggle because ''le plot twist''
I just couldn't believe my eyes and ears after watching that episode. It just makes the entire plot before that look dumb and unnecessary
>>
Its good when Lelouch dies
>>
>>152482816
Keep in mind that "why doesn't Lelouch just Geass everyone in Britannia into being his slaves?" was a valid question from the start, and the obvious answers of "it's too immoral even for him" and "V.V. and Charles would still stop him" no longer applied.
>>
>>152483432
>V.V. and Charles
Lelouch didn't even knew about that, he only discovered his father had something similar to his geass in R2.

>it's too immoral even for him
That's a really bad excuse and doesn't fix the problem of making the rest of the series feel like a waste
>>
>>152483766
>That's a really bad excuse and doesn't fix the problem of making the rest of the series feel like a waste

The paradox of Lelouch leading a rebellion of the Japanese while Suzaku tried to climb up and change the Britannian system from within despite both of them being much more suited for each other's tasks was a central premise of the show.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.