[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 566
Thread images: 71

New Chapter:

https://mega.nz/#!QBFhyQxC!ZbEnTZDzLJH0igEtQZ-u0BZ1nal-FO2bNXZGVHzLf-E

>Emilia: “—”
>She hated lies. She detested lies. Lies were entirely sad things. Lies were the reason behind everything which hadn't gone her way. Lies were making Emilia alone. She hated lies. Detested lies. Detested liars. Everybody is just a stupid ▓▓▓▓
>>
File: Emilia_9.jpg (142KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Emilia_9.jpg
142KB, 950x1200px
>>152407633
So what's the word going to be?

I'm half expecting a curse word that's not old fashioned.
>>
Emilia = Witch confirmed?
>>
>>152407633
Why is Shaula so cute?
>>
File: Arc6 badass.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Arc6 badass.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
>>152408045
>So what's the word going to be?
Subaru
>>
>>152407633
>▓▓▓▓
What did she mean by this?
>>
alright so why the fug is subalo so special? can someone spoonfeed me why the witch won't let him die?
>>
File: Satella.jpg (300KB, 1560x1824px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Satella.jpg
300KB, 1560x1824px
>>152408289
She literally loves him. Read the text on the picture to see what she says about him.

We still don't know how any of that is possible so far. But most agree that Subaru somehow was there 400 years ago, and was possibly Satella's lover. If he's a reincarnation, time shenanigans, or some other bullshit are in play it was not revealed yet.
>>
>>152408289
Subaru could be Fugel or something.
>>
>>152408344
damn, it's probably just the simplest explanation, circular reality
>>
>>152408483
IIRC it has been stated that they do not even look alike
>>
11 posts?
> 18:31:33
> 3:07
What?
>>
>>152408045
Everybody is just a stupid dunderhead
>>
>>152408729
What?
>>
>>152408654
True but Shaula thinks so because of the Witch's scent on him.

Which is kinda sad if you think about it.
>>
>>152409737
What if Subaru mantels Flugel instead and becomes him through his actions sort of like what happens in Morrowind.
>>
>>152410405
Or you know, he acquires lust, and it happens to be a shape shifting power and he changes himself into Flugel.
>>
>>152410460
Could his body even handle lust?
>>
>>152407633
Holy fucking shit is this really Shaula?
>>
>>152410888
Just a fan depiction based on the WN.
>>
File: 59311928.jpg (439KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
59311928.jpg
439KB, 800x1000px
>>152410888
That's how she is described to look like so.
>>
File: Shaula2.png (893KB, 892x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shaula2.png
893KB, 892x1200px
>>152410888
Fanart, but from description the things she has are a desert cloak, hot pants, and a bikini top.
>>
So this is where the kiss will happen huh?
>>
>>152412209
Memilia pose comes first.
>>
>>152410970
>>152411183
Looks like we have a new cake
>>
>>152413638
I think she's much older than that, apparently she was around 400 years ago, so calling her a cake doesn't fit much.

We don't know how she manages to live that long though since she looks human, and if she is that means something is being used to keep her alive, or she's lying, is a clone or something else.
>>
>>152413738
So an old cake
>>
>>152413738
She is a cyborg from the future.

Scrot this you know it to be true
>>
>>152408142
No shoot.

Anyone who thinks Emilia isn't Satella is only fooling themselves.
>>
File: 609744570.jpg (232KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
609744570.jpg
232KB, 1024x1024px
>>
Done with the pastebin interludes. Do I continue reading on with chicken or is there a better source?

Also how many arcs are planned?
>>
>>152411183
THICC
>>
>>152417299
Go read summary-anons translations or chicken's, your choice. Though summary-anon's translations aren't actually summaries but the entire translated chapter and is father ahead then chicken by 70 or so chapters.
>>
>>152417299
Currently there are 6/11 arcs

But we are on the later half of arc 4 when it comes to translations and Lemon is doing arc 6.
>>
>>152408045
Baka, the harshest word in Emilia's vocabulary.
>>
File: 1482629121607.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482629121607.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
PRAISE ME!!!
>>
>>152406337
>Make Rem lose her memory of Subaru and then fall in love with someone else. Do it.
That's probably not going to happen. Even if she lost her memories, Subaru would still probably be the one boy paying the most attention to her. Who else is going to make a move? Julius? We already know people with amnesia seem to retain the same heart, and presumably the same tastes, and Julius isn't Rem's type. Besides, he's gay.

Garfiel already has a Mimi, so he's out. When it comes down to it, what you're really suggesting is for Otto to cuck Subaru.
>>
File: 1482657573085.png (2MB, 2000x2624px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482657573085.png
2MB, 2000x2624px
>>152417969
We love you Rem
>>
File: 1476681404060.png (282KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476681404060.png
282KB, 750x1334px
>>152418002
Or, you know, she follows nee-sama's footsteps.
>>
>>152417511
link to summary anons? isn't chicken more accurate?
>>
>>152418089
It's in the pastebin.
>>
>>152407633
>▓▓▓▓
what did she mean by this
>>
>>152418147
dunderhead

>>152418079
I will eat my shit if it happens.
>>
>>152418002
Rem is literally the cash cow of the series at this point. I'm sure somebody in a suit called up Taipei and told him to keep Rem pure so all the autistic otaku who buy their merchandise don't start to hate her.

She literally had to be put into a coma because she was winning too hard and it would be impossible for her and Subaru's relationship to progress any further without full on dating. Emilia also needed a handicap, so once Rem wakes up it'll either be Subaru helping her recover her memories/feelings for him or it's going to be mushy shit.
>>
Why can't Subaru keep promises?
>>
>>152418255
He's allergic
>>
>>152418255
He kept all the promises he gave to Rem thus far i believe.
>>
>>152418079
The clown isn't cute enough. Rem is into cute boys, not handsome men.

If we go by who suits her tastes, and is currently available, we're left with Otto as Subaru's only competition. And the thing about Otto? He's not going to ruin his friendship with Subaru by suddenly going after his waifu, unless he goes Gospel crazy and does it because the book told him to.
>>152418254
Honestly, I think things would be more interesting if she came back with all of her memories. But really, I'm hoping Gluttony gets into the tower, so all the drama with that can be milked and Subaru and Ram can face off against them together.
>>152418395
Pretty much, yeah. Unless we're being overly literal about some.
>>
>>152418255
It's only with Emilia.
>>
>>152418119
>>152418119
You didn't answer my other question though. Isn't chickens translationss more accurate?
>>
>>152418255
He doesn't break promises when it's not with Emilia.
>>
>>152418508
Which is hilarious, because Emilia is the only one to whom promises are borderline sacred. I'm pretty sure she's explained this to Subaru several times.
>>
>>152418570
He still makes mistakes, but some people think his is more "wholesome". Read the ones available on his then read Anon's. Both are good.
>>
File: Cz9u1LbVEAELGwj.jpg (97KB, 1119x697px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cz9u1LbVEAELGwj.jpg
97KB, 1119x697px
>Subaru: “If we can, it'd be more ideal to deal with him after negotiating with Lewes Theta...”
>Otto: “That's the thing.”
>Otto raises his finger.
>Subaru's eyes widen in surprise, not understanding what Otto's THAT is referring to.
>While Subaru remains confused, Otto speaks with his expression grave.
>Otto: “That Lewes-san apparently went missing this morning. Garfiel is searching through the village, his expression frantic. This is how he's looking to talk to you.”

Is grandma dead?
>>
>>152418578
I think Puck did also did it in at least one of the loops where he offs Subaru.
>>
>>152418656
Why would Theta specifically be gone though? I wonder if it's Roswaal's doing.
>>
>>152407633
1st time in this thread, why is there no pastebin?
>>
>>152418508
He's keeping his promise to protect her just fine, isn't he?
>>
>Woman: “I'm sorry, Emilia. I am so sorry. Never told you even a single important thing, hiding absolutely everything... letting you stay a cute princess forever, please forgive me... forgive us.”
>—No forgiveness. No forgiveness. No forgiveness. No forgiveness. No forgiveness. No forgiveness.
>Woman: “The people around you who treasured your smile, and the tender lies they told, please don't hate them...”
>—Hated them. Loathed them. Loathed them. Loathed them. Loathed them. Loathed them. Loathed them.
>Emilia: “—”

Wew lad
>>
>>152418838
http://pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
>>
>>152418838
Time to get flak

http://pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ

There are other chapters running around but whoever made the pastebin should get around to updating it.
>>
>>152418838
Check archive.
>>
>>152418892
Sounds a lot like Puck.
>>
>>152418975
Isn't Puck male though? Also i'm fairly sure the one talking is Fortuna.
>>
>Otto: “The good news, then. I've completed negotiations with the evacuees exactly as we arranged. They've made their respective preparations, and are ready to go today at any moment you want. I requested that they keep themselves ready to respond even to abrupt instructions, so they're possible even immediately prior.”
>Subaru: “—Right. Sorry. Really, I should've been the one talking to them and getting them to help.”
>Otto: “Fortunately, my amicability with everyone had intensified over these few days. And when you consider our ongoing acquaintance, it's sincerely serendipitous that I had this opportunity. But either way, preparations went without problems.”

Subaru has got himself one hell of a right hand man.
>>
>>152418254
>all the autistic otaku who buy their merchandise don't start to hate her.

Wait those people will actually get angry if Rem marries Subaru in the story?

Like seriously why do people get angry over everything so easily? Hell if anything, I will be full of joy and satisfaction as seeing my favorite character finally receive the happiness she deserves.
>>
>>152419083
Those two really make a good dynamic duo.
>>
>>152419108
I was responding to an anon saying Rem might wake up and start liking someone else. I don't think they'd allow that.
>>
>>152419183

But didn't you say
> somebody in a suit called up Taipei and told him to keep Rem pure so all the autistic otaku who buy their merchandise don't start to hate her?

Or I might have misunderstood.
>>
File: 1473767922395.jpg (58KB, 630x420px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1473767922395.jpg
58KB, 630x420px
>>152418079
Wait for it
>>
File: 1480713463525.png (285KB, 800x610px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480713463525.png
285KB, 800x610px
>>152419264
Yeah and loving one and only one person unconditionally is pure as fuck. She'd be a slut if she started liking someone else, otaku are easy to piss off.
>>
>>152418892
Is it wrong that I like Emilia a bit more because of this?
>>
>>152419312
If I could draw I'd just troll Taipei with guro Emilia pics all day.
>>152419341
>s it wrong that I like Emilia
Yes it is Subaru
>>
>>152419341
Not really

It adds to her character so I can get why
>>
File: 1477422979838.jpg (60KB, 960x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477422979838.jpg
60KB, 960x960px
Why aren't you all praising me? Have I done something wrong?
>>
>>152419320
Eh I think it's pretty normal. Rem is of course allowed to love someone else other than Subaru, though I will somehow get mad because I think Subaru and Rem already is a perfect couple in the series.
>>
>>152419465
You get praised by default.
>>
>>152419500
Of course it's normal, that's not the point.

The point is the people who are pathetic enough to buy $60 Re:Zero blu-rays containing 2 episodes and purchase Rem figurines and oppai mousepads crave purity. The idea of their waifu going after someone else would hit too close to home for them.

A lot of people in suits are dependent on the obsessive fan market, and with Rem comprising most of their merchandise sales they want Taipei to make her as attractive as possible.
>>
File: 1482897249187.jpg (162KB, 1024x1653px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482897249187.jpg
162KB, 1024x1653px
>>152419544
Praise me more please. Rem enjoys being praised.
>>
>>152419465
Well, what's left to say that hasn't already been said? Best, cutest, and prettiest girl in Re:Zero. You make me want to jerk off my heart.

There. Is that enough?
>>
Did catfag finally kill himself?
>>
>>152419724
Isn't that Emilia's thing though? Purity?
>>
File: 1477428179903.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477428179903.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>152419882
Shit if I know, she's over a hundred years and doesn't have all her memories right? She's had to take a dick at least once from some one. Rem's a pure maiden though.
>>
>>152419944
Emilia was frozen for a hundred or so years, only recently has she been unfrozen, that's why she has the mentality of a 14 year old in a 19 year old body.
>>
File: 1480409875354.jpg (125KB, 1138x1711px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480409875354.jpg
125KB, 1138x1711px
>>152419991
She's still a slut though. She literally can't even be straightforward with how she feels and keeps leading Subaru on. I think after 10,000 pages she should have an idea of whether she likes Subaru or not.
>>
>>152418656
Granny Lewes can't be dead r-right?
>>
>>152420062
It took 3 arcs for Subaru to realize that he loves Rem so be patient. Plus as of arc 5-6 I believe she already more or less confessed to him.
>>
>>152420142
>3 arcs
Nigger it took both of them one arc in total time to love each other. Their relationship literally only lasted from the middle of arc 2 to the middle of arc 3.

I also haven't heard of any confession from her, any links?
>>
>>152420200
>I also haven't heard of any confession from her, any links?

I believe it was somewhere around arc 5. But that's my interpretation on what happens when Subaru came to visit Rem calling himself a "spoiled child".
>>
>>152420303
I'm pretty sure that's really early in Arc 5. That's the one where he's commenting on Emilia and Betty complimenting him or something, right? There's no confession there, but I think Emilia compliments him more often in later arcs.
>>
File: 1470447130813.jpg (792KB, 1016x937px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470447130813.jpg
792KB, 1016x937px
Daily reminder that Ram is canonically the biggest whore in the series
>>
>>152408223
Dis is not the Subaru that I know. This one's way too cool
>>
I love Emilia
>>
>>152420808
That makes me sooo happy. Will you promise to hold my hand?
>>
File: 1479175146654.jpg (336KB, 900x940px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479175146654.jpg
336KB, 900x940px
>>152420808
はい
>>
>>152420413
Or actually, to be more specific, that's the one where he's complaining to Rem about Emilia and Betty complimenting him too much and being too nice to him, because he doesn't like it for some reason. I don't know why he'd go to Rem, of all people, to complain about how awkward it feels to get too much praise from people, but that's that.
>>
File: Perfect end.jpg (1MB, 2200x1800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Perfect end.jpg
1MB, 2200x1800px
Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.
>>
>>152420935
Fuck I thought you finally killed yourself

God dammit
>>
>>152420947

Wow cool
>>
>>152420526
No, no, that tile belongs to Capella.
>>
>>152419465
Go back to sleep Rem. It's not your time yet.
>>
>>152419500
Imagine if Rem got her memories back while being in a relationship with someone other than Subaru.
>>
>>152421204
Julius, I wouldn't mind you being the second husband.
>>
File: Felix 347.jpg (63KB, 600x797px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Felix 347.jpg
63KB, 600x797px
Ferri is pure and deserves to be loved.
>>
>>152421204
Subaru did say that Rem would belong only to him

> Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.

So I imagine if Rem happens to have a date with another dude, Subaru will most likely attempt to sabotage it.
>>
When are we going to meet Bete again? I wanna see what his past is about.
>>
>>152421204
I worry for that man's life then. Considering how aggressive he is to people even just touching Rem.
>>
>>152421381
Well Emilia is already having visions of her first trial and memories coming back, hopefully we see Bete then.
>>
>>152421204
You're more likely to see a man dead than a man actually getting close to Rem other than Subaru.

>>152421381
Soon I beleive
>>
>>152421496
>You're more likely to see a man dead than a man actually getting close to Rem other than Subaru.
Pretty much. What other man would even be able to get close to Rem in the first place? Even if she lost her memories, she'd still get brought back to the manor. Everyone around Subaru thinks it's pretty fucking obvious that he's in love with Rem. I don't think there's anyone around who'd be shitty enough to try to make a move on amnesia girl.
>>
File: 1483707417591.jpg (25KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483707417591.jpg
25KB, 1024x590px
>>152421381
Very, very, very soon.
>>
Every thread until Rem wakes up.
>>
>>152418025
Is it just me or is Rem's design actually generic and outstanding at the same time? I mean sometimes her appearance screams mediocre at best, but sometimes she looks straight up gorgeous like in that art.
>>
>>152419465
You're the only thing good from this shitshow, Rem. The rest of characters, story and anime and manga and LN are caca.
>>
>>152421891
shes that girl next door kinda type, looks mediocre, no make up bullshit but sometimes stunning as fuck.
>>
>>152419944
that scene still makes me skip a beat
>>
>>152421616
Even then, anyone shitty enough to do so would receive a blow from Subaru's fist.
>>
>>152421891
I think her design isn't supposed to stand out much. She's a maid after all.

Imagine if Rem had not only the best personality but also the best design. She would overshadow every other character by miles.
>>
>Subaru: “And so we're riding off that softnesss of his and planning secretly behind the scenes... say that, and it makes us sound like the villains.”
>Otto: “I'm not adverse to these methods of utilising whatever we can of whatever's around. But, well, I agree that this isn't exactly like the protagonist of a play or fairytale.”
>Hearing Subaru's mutterings, Roguish Villain B tilts his shoulders as he assists with these roguish unprotagonisty plans. Roguish Villain A can only think that well if B's motivated for it then good.

What are the odds that Subaru is unwittingly the actual villain of this series?
>>
>>152419465

I want to say many things but I should keep it to my blog
>>
>>152422246
Oh hello
>>
>>152420910
Isn't it the same for Rem? She only cares about being praised if it's from Subaru. Guess they don't care or don't like it if it's someone else.
>>
>>152422119
Very high
>>
>>152422119
I believe Tappei said he'd be a Slytherin. Now we just need some shitty Harry Potter AU where he, Otto, Rem, and Ram are all in Slytherin together. Rem only being there because she insisted she get to stay with Subaru and Ram, otherwise she'd have been Gryffindor.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious Subaru is written to have certain villain-like qualities. I mean, his main powerset is being built up as soul-eating evil. Chuuni powers aren't actually very fun to have.
>>
>>152408045
Dingus or doodoohead.
>>
File: CyHgLPXUQAEnmVC.jpg (69KB, 950x621px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CyHgLPXUQAEnmVC.jpg
69KB, 950x621px
Will this family ever be together again?
>>
>>152408344
Only seen anime, how can Satella love him if they have never even met?
>>
>>152423864
That's the rub. Lots of theories, nothing 100%.
>>
>>152423910
Any theory about Subaru losing his memory..? That way, anything could have happened after he moved to isekai and before first episode.
>>
>>152419083
>>152419152
To think he started as a random average merchant and now he and Subaru are master plotters
>>
>>152419882
Pure blandness
>>
>>152423751
Nope. Probably never. But if Sirius really is Fortuna, then we'll probably get some Emilia suffering in the later arcs.
>>
>>152423751
Is that Betelgeuse x Satella = Emilia?
>>
>>152424601
No, the other Elf is Fortuna that is Emilia's aunt, she and Betelgeuse were a couple that acted as parents for Emilia before he became insane
>>
File: 1468074322375.jpg (40KB, 600x494px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468074322375.jpg
40KB, 600x494px
>>152424601
Fortuna is Emilia's aunt. Who Betel had mutual feelings for. They acted as a family unit more or less.
>>
File: tAG_203047[1].jpg (88KB, 790x431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tAG_203047[1].jpg
88KB, 790x431px
>>152418254
>and it would be impossible for her and Subaru's relationship to progress any further without full on dating.
We have an entire AU about this and it fucking works
>>
so I started reading WN and Rem lives after all? She's just going back to that city?
>>
>>152426265
she's in an eternal coma until Subaru finds a way to cure her
>>
>>152426265
She's still technically dead.
>>
File: adulterous.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adulterous.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Reminder that Ram will chew Subaru out
>>
>>152418002
>what you're really suggesting is for Otto to cuck Subaru.
I was hoping for this
>>
>>152427694
>implying that Rem would show interest in Otto
>>
>>152427787
Why not? Every woman loves James Bond.
>>
>>152427803
he's not part of the Rem rescue squad afaik
>>
>>152427220
>indecisive, adulterous type
>you'll regret it one day

Is that some fucking foreshadowing?
>>
File: 0005.png (948KB, 726x1068px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0005.png
948KB, 726x1068px
>>152427884
The story of the Oni who cries is as well. I wonder who wants to get along with humans? I wonder who is the one going to end up as a sacrifice?
>>
>>152427884

>>indecisive, adulterous type
Emilia = red oni, Rem = blue oni

>you'll regret it one day

Emilia will become jealous witch and fuck everything up

Too easy I guess.
>>
Satella is actually Emilia from the future
>>
>>152428028
Too obvious. Emilia could possibly be just a Lewes-like clone that gained her own ego and the "real Emilia" is sealed away somewhere.
>>
>>152427942
didn't Puck even call Rem a sacrifice for "Emilia's safety" when he spoke to Subaru about Glottony?
>>
>>152427787

Well people are so into subaru x Rem ship they didn't think of other possibilities even if they are very low it's not wrong to think about it

I would ship her with garfiel if it's not fro mimi so best choice will be otto
>>
>>152428123
Yeap
>>
>>152428145
Well because is has no grounds to stand on really, that's why you can't make pairing like that all willy nilly.
>>
>>152428123

Everyone in his eyes are sacrifice for the half elf he think subaru is the type who follow the "sacrifice for love " bullshit

man i hate this cat
>>
>>152428145
Wait. Why in god's name are we speculating on crackships while there was a massive reveal to the plot right now?
>>
>>152427884
>>152427942
fun fact: I'm not 100% sure on this since I didn't check myself, but I read on the JP wiki that Subaru telling the "red ogre who cried" story to Ram wasn't in the original WN and was added in the LN release.

So if you needed proof that the scene is actually important and not just random bullshit, there you go.

Also fun fact #2: Rem and Otto have never even met in the main timeline. Actually, I don't think they've ever interacted period except in the loop where they first met the white whale. I wonder how they'd get along.
>>
>>152424319
I can't wait for when they get more experience and merits to handle bigger things. I can see the blackmail and underhanded politics already.
>>
>>152428206
fun fact : they foreshadowed polygamy in arc 2 already but cut it later

good job white fox
>>
>>152428189

Otto does't have a women he need one and assuming scenario where Rem lose her memory forever and won't fall for subaru again i would throw her at Otto this is like 1% possibility

They are like 3 years apart at this point btw
>>
>>152428203

What reveal ?
>>
>>152428250
Anon, its only been one year since Rem went potato as of arc 6.
>>
>>152428250
>like 1% possibility

0,001%
>>
>>152428278
Emilia's past and inner character dialogue. Plus what exactly were they hiding from Emilia?
>>
>>152428279

Otto is one year older than Subaru making him 20 and Rem is 17
>>
>>152428250
If tappei wanted to pair Rem with someone other than Subaru later on then he wouldn't have fleshed out their relationship that much, he gives us too many reasons to ship Subaru and Rem
>>
>>152428295
subaru is 17 then 18 like Rem and Ram
>>
>>152428319
Subaru is 18 when Rem and Ram are 17, after time skip he's 19 and Rem still 17 due to coma
>>
File: 1477694971611.jpg (135KB, 864x1069px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477694971611.jpg
135KB, 864x1069px
>>152428206
I'd be more concerned how her and the doterus are going to get along. We know Rem is basically the mother-figure to Beatrice but I wouldn't know about the other two.
>>
>>152428203
Because no one in this thread cares about Emilia.
>>
>>152428319

Nah pretty sure it was mention they were younger than him but less than year and judging by their birthday he's like 10 months older , also it's been 1 year and 4 months since the story started and Rem been sleeping for 1 year and 2 months

1 year and 4 months and subaru mention he will be 18 this year in arc 1 making the first 3 arcs taking place between janury and april

he's 19 right now

we need data book for characters ages after the TS really
>>
>>152428373
Does April even exist in that world
>>
>>152428206

desu i want to see Rem and Garfiel relationship the most
>>
>>152418892
I haven't followed since about a month after the anime ended, but it sounds to me like she's well on her way to become the witch.
>>
>>152428406
>doesn't work with the older twin
>goes for the younger twin

I wonder who would kill him faster. Subaru or Ram?
>>
>>152428389

Subaru was talking from his respective whatever April exist in the fantasy world or not it's irrelevant and the time flow run the same way as the earth

subaru is 19 after the time skip ,

btw in the manga it said he's 3rd year in high school
>>
>>152419465
You're bland otakubait made to sell merchandise which WILL be hotglued.
>>
>>152428206
This is the only reliable JP wiki

http://rezero.wiki.fc2.com/
>>
>>152428294

I don't care , gotta wait for someone who care enough about emilia to discusses her

crackships are the best ~
>>
Satella best girl.
>>
>>152428316

Not that i think it will happne i am just imagining it , we need fanfaction for that lel
>>
File: 1476335805433.jpg (6KB, 166x231px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476335805433.jpg
6KB, 166x231px
>>152428406
I'd pay to see your house burn down. Plus Gaaf already had Ram and has Mimi so you're shit outta luck. The only one Otto has a remote chance with is Ram at this point.
>>
>>152428448

Nah not really i want to see how she react to garfiel who have crush on her godlike sister
figure

Gafu is given to mimi at this point
>>
>>152428535
that's the one i looked at, yes.
>>
>>152428587
all ships beside Subaru Rem are one sided and shit though so idgaf
>>
>>152428579

Lamo
>>
>>152428617

People who says subaru x emilia is one sided are blind and sorry for that

back to gafu x mimi yeah it's still one sided but honstely seeing Gafu have no chance with Ram and mimi sticking to him it's the most likely outcome
>>
>>152428653
Subaru Emilia is not one sided but shit
>>
>>152428535
>そろそろレムを正式な妻として迎え入れたいんですが
>そろそろってなんだ!非公式的には妻だったみたいな言い方はやめろ!

N-Nani?
>>
>>152428675

Pretty much
>>
>>152428701
>そろそろレムを正式な妻として迎え入れたいんですが
>>そろそろってなんだ!非公式的には妻だったみたいな言い方はやめろ!

Who is the one replaying on him ?
>>
>スバルは人から嫌われる才能があるとのことですが、小学と中学と高校の元クラスメイト達からはどの程度嫌われていたのでしょう。
>小学校の同級生はそれほど。中学校は女子から尋常じゃなく嫌われ、男子からも何となく疎遠。高校はデビューに失敗して、男女ともにいないもの扱いされています

Translate please
>>
>>152428734
The author
>>
>>152428765
his asking if subaru have talent to mkae people hate him and how his classmate used to treat him/look at him
>>
>>152428782

Too bad if he called Emilia his wife wouldn't get triggerd ~
>>
>>152428765
Subaru has a talent for being disliked by others, but to what par did his old classmates through primary, middle, and high school dislike him?

Primary school was what you get from classmates at primary school. In middle school the girls hated him a lot, and the guys were sort of distant from him too. In high school he flunked his debut and everyone treated him like he wasn't there.
>>
>>152428843
Well shit Subaru
>>
>スバルの変身はあと一回ですか?もうちょっとありますか?
>あと2回変身するね。(July 28, 2014 05:37:29 GMT)

What is this? Outfit changes are actually going to be a permanent thing?
>>
>>152428823
what did he even say?
>>
BTW can someone do this scene for me , it's scene about Ram and subari n arc 6 :

 冷たい砂の嘲笑と、触れた掌から伝わるラムの温もり。  どちらも今のナツキ・スバルにとっての現実であり、受け入れるべき『現在』だ。
「……ラム」
「なに?」
「お前の指、すべすべしてて気持ちいいな……って、ぶべ!」
「図に乗るんじゃないわ。このバルスが」
「人の呼び名を悪口みたいな使い方すんのやめてくれます!?」
迂闊な発言をした代償に頬を張られて、スバルは涙目でそう訴えかける。が、カンテラを手にしたラムはそれに応じず、そそくさと距離を置いてしまう。  ついさっきまで、滅多に見えない優しさを見せてくれていたというのに、冷たいものである。――もっとも、あのままでいられると照れ臭くて会話もできないから、こうして普段の調子に戻したのが本音のところではあるのだが。
>>
>スバル君がベンチプレスを80くらい上げれると言っていましたが、ジムなどに通っていたのでしょうか
>高校にもトレーニングルームぐらいある。

>猫さんとスバルのトレーニングメニューと体脂肪率とBMIを教えてください!
>スバルは腕立てと腹筋とスクワットを世界を呪いながら100回毎日やってたぐらいです。あと素振り。俺は30分ぐらい筋トレして、1時間走ってるだけです。

Subaru is pretty fit
>>
>>152428406
>He originally loved Rem.
>Since he forgot about Rem he loves Ram now.

It would be glorious
>>
>>152428888

He ask isn't about time we call Rem Subaru's official wife
>>
>>152428921
"...Ram"
"What?"
"Your fingers are so finanagle didangle, i will orgasm ughgg bafhfhkdsjf"
"HOhoh you petulant barusu"
"plz dont say my name like its a curse word"
then he cried
>>
>>152428357
I care, fuck off with this meme.
>>
>>152428952

Lol not gonna like i though of that scenario it will be hilarious
>>
>>152428968
Thank you for the memlations
>>
>>152428942
What the fuck why is he so /fit/
>>
BTW that JP WIKi that have the voting since 2014 it's only have like 4K voting in it , the hell this isn't much at all
>>
>>152428954
Did tappei actually get triggered?
>>
File: 59231357.jpg (311KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
59231357.jpg
311KB, 855x1200px
>>152428942
Aiming for that chiseled body I see.
>>
>>152429030
It doesn't even have all the characters. It's something very random.
>>
>>152429038

Tappei is a little bitch don't mind him
>>
>>152428942
I want everyone who can't read this to know that Subaru does 100 push-ups, sit-ups and squats daily while cursing the world.
>>
>>152429038
Nah, sounds like he was joking more than anything.
>>
So I found the character novel summaries for the mansion characters

http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/235132/blogkey/626391/

http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/235132/blogkey/629900/

For the labels people actually care about:

Subaru: Protagonist
Emilia: Heroine
Rem: Upstart heroine
>>
>>152429556
>Upstart heroine
what does this even mean
>>
>>152428823
Someone ask him on ask fm right now
>>
>>152429690

He hasn't answered anything on ask for over a year.
>>
>>152429690

And ?
>>
Rem: Upstart heroine

What does this mean ?
>>
>>152429665
Upstart

noun
1.
a person who has risen suddenly from a humble position to wealth, power, or a position of consequence.
>>
>>152429756
Duh I know what upstart means literally. Putting the pages through Google translate it comes up with "Rising Heroine" that is more clear

Still I don't know what make of this as I can't tell if those pages are from a speculating reader or are drafts from Tappei himself.
>>
Emilia seeing the future part 1 :

 ――未来を見た。
『――がなければ、剣も振れぬか。盗人がァ!!』
『ほら、見よ。また、妾の勝ちじゃ』
『スバルもエミリア姉様も、疲れちゃったよね。ごめんね。なのに私まで、重荷になっちゃう。ごめんね。ずっとずっと、足りないお礼を言い続けてあげたかった……』
 ――色とりどりの光は、触れるたびにエミリアに違う未来を見せ続ける。
『これほど殺したいと思った相手が優しい人だったなんて、とんでもない悪夢だわ』
『口にしてはならない、想いもある。それを明かした結果が、これなら満足なのか?』
『これで、約束を果たした気でいるんですか? だとしたら……だとしたら、僕はあのとき、あの竪穴で簀巻きになって死んでいればよかったんだ! こんな……こんな夜明けを見るぐらいなら、終わっておくべきだった! 畜生、畜生!』
『ごめんなぁ。俺が弱いせいで、ごめんなぁ。
>>
part 2 :

殺してやれなくて、ごめんなぁ。これでもうずっと、――は永遠に一人だ。俺が、弱くて、ごめんなぁ……』
 ――慟哭が、怒号が、終焉が、再生が、別れが、出会いが、様々な形で提示される。
『うむ、うむ……儂の、自慢の孫は……良い子に、育ったじゃろう……』
『断じて、呪いなどというわけのわからないものに殺されるのではない!』
『ただ、気付いただけだよ。……これまでの日々、一人で歩いてきたわけじゃーぁなかったということに』
『どうして……魂が宿らないのぉ!?』
 ――未来には、絶望しかないのだろうか。悲しみと、苦しみ以外には何もないのか。
『約束通り、殺しッてやらァ! あァ!? ナツキ・スバルぅぅぅッ!!』
『そんなにウチが欲張りなん? 贅沢なこと言ってる? 誰も死ぬな、誰も泣くな……何が、そんなに難しいん?』
『所詮、わたくしたちは血の一滴まで、贖いのために流し尽くさなくてはなりませんのね』
『善悪も好悪も良いも悪いもくだらねーよ。アンタはそこで足踏みしてろ。アタシは……アタシらは、魔女だろーが龍だろーが、道を塞ぐんならぶっ潰す』
 ――ならば、この道は間違っているのか? 願うことは、誤りなのか。
『――お願いをするために祈るのは傲慢だと思うんです。祈るのは、許しを得るとき』
 ――最後の光の世界で、目覚めて喋るところを見たことがない少女がそう言っていた。
 彼女とはちゃんと、言葉を交わしたいなと思った。  全てを否定するのを拒むのに、その気持ちだけで十分だった。
>>
>>152430430
>>152430452
So the third trial?
>>
>>152430811
It's about half of her 3rd trial. Don't know why that guy posted it though, you wont really understand anything just by reading that even if it is translated
>>
>>152429556
>http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/235132/blogkey/629900/

Thanks for this find. I'll translate Rem's after I finish this chapter I'm working on
>>
>>152431493

Remon, Remon, can you translate this scene at some point?
>>
>>152431556
I've read the scene and I was considering translating it recently again. So you might see it sometime, don't know when though
>>
>>152418892
>>Woman: “I'm sorry, Emilia. I am so sorry. Never told you even a single important thing, hiding absolutely everything... letting you stay a cute princess forever, please forgive me... forgive us.”
I wonder how everything is going to change in the LN, considering they made Emilia more capable and less ignorant. Not to mention how Puck also gets less attention in the LN, or that certain elements of his contract had to have been changed to make added scenes work.
>>
Ram is just an annoying cunt at this point.
>>
>>152431672

Thank you! No need to hurry
>>
>>152431743
Being less ignorant doesn't mean she had everything major related to her hidden from her, so it still fits.
>>
>>152428448
The fact Subaru and Ram actually agree on something shows that it won't end well for Garfiel.

But anyway I'm very currious to see how Rem will react to seeing Garfiel again? Will Rem consider him as her enemy for attempting to steal nee-sama away from her or will Rem instead help Garfiel out by giving him advice on how to hit on Ram?
>>
>>152429556
Hrm. I think Rem's part mentions how some characters will come alive and develop beyond the framework of what the author originally intended for them, with Subaru himself being a notable example of this, but that Rem stands out as having completely removed herself from the original plot to the point where not even a trace of what he first planned for her is left.
>>
>>152420526
>biggest whore
She's like 5-foot nothing
>>
>>152424319
>To think he started as a random average merchant
Does anyone really buy this? I don't think anyone he's ever interacted with thinks this is true.
>>
>>152429665
>>152429755

she went From Zero to Hero(ine)
>>
>>152432537
and back to Zero again.
>>
>>152432493
Personally, I'm betting he used to be involved in something involving politics. He's shown to be a rather poor merchant, but he's apparently good at managing internal affairs and Emilia's campaign. He also shows a talent for scheming, knows a thing or two about hostage scenarios are supposed to work, and has a skill set ideal for spying.

He's clearly not unskilled by any means, except that he's not very good at using these to be an actual merchant. His talents seem to lay more in shady backdoor politics.
>>152432537
Going by all of the interviews and Q&As, you can actually figure out that Rem grew to the point where she literally added an extra Arc to the story.
>>
>>152420935
So, how are you doing?
>>
>>152432767

I'm well, thank you
>>
>>152418505
>Gluttony gets into the tower, so all the drama with that can be milked and Subaru and Ram can face off against them together.

How triggered will Ram be from seeing Ley use Rem's memory and mock everyone?
>>
>>152432660
She had to be eaten before she could completely derail the original plot.
>>
>>152433062
Subaru would be, Ram would only really be able to understand the intent. Though depending on what he says she could get really, really mad and it would probably hurt her heart in a kind of vague way.
>>
File: Coxx30LVUAABsln.jpg (104KB, 657x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Coxx30LVUAABsln.jpg
104KB, 657x1200px
>>152433064
she wanted to take over the show and she succeeded
>>
>>152433104
I think Ley saying something like "How can you still call yourself her elder sister? Like, you don't even understand her as much as I do, one-chann-" and start acting like YandeRem will trigger Ram a lot and make her jump Ley.
>>
>>152433353
Yeah, there are ways he could piss her off royally, beyond just existing that is, she's pretty mad about that already.

Just having the 'first' time she's heard her sister's voice and it coming from Ley would be awful.
>>
File: 57856333_p0.png (1MB, 967x1228px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
57856333_p0.png
1MB, 967x1228px
>>152433140
Well, that's literally the thing in Rem's character description page. While other characters, mostly Subaru, grew past Tappei's original plans, Rem freed herself entirely from the original plot's framework and went completely off the rails.

If you also look at the interviews, Tappei says he originally planned for their to be only 10 arcs. Something happened in Arc 3, where the story grew beyond his original plans, so that he needed to add another arc. Rem is a danger to the plot's original structure.
>>
>>152433489
Gentlemen, how do we stop the blueberry roll?
>>
>>152433489
I wonder if this happened regardless of her popularity with the audience
>>
File: WZ2ZZjr.png (287KB, 478x1014px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WZ2ZZjr.png
287KB, 478x1014px
>>152433489
Rem would have made arc 4 too easy so Tappei had to take her out of that and then he added arc 6 as extra arc for her awakening, maybe.
>>
>>152433613

Tappei stopped her already.
>>
>>152433808
Wouldn't just be arc 6. All of Subaru's interactions, his dilemma, seeing Rem in Lust and so on all had to be thought of.

A lot of shit had to be reworked because of her, if what he says in the interviews is true.
>>
>>152433860
Hardly, they're on an arc to fix her. We need better. Ideas people, we need ideas.
>>
>>152433961

Them... not succeeding?
>>
>>152433995
Well its a start I guess, but what do we do about the body? Can't have Subaru driving around a potatomobile for the rest of the series.
>>
>>152434039

Give it to Clown
>>
File: When I wake up.jpg (382KB, 480x3200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
When I wake up.jpg
382KB, 480x3200px
>>152433644
>Q: If Rem didn’t get so popular, would the stream have been considerably different?
>A: The stream would continue its course, but the height of its waves would be different.
>>152433613
いただきます
>>152433878
Well yes. Rem's character page mentioned Subaru as another character who had a strong tendency to grow beyond the author's original plans. Now, I wonder if there's anything in particular that might have influence Subaru's character development to go a little off-course. Maybe some character whose presence brings out a completely different side of him.

At this point, I'm half-expecting Al's interaction with Rem to be a play on how she's escaped her original role, and that Ram was actually the one supposed to accompany Subaru to the city.
>>
>>152418216
Who even uses dunderhead nowadays?
>>
>>152434194
>いただきます
Only a temporary setback. Its a bandaid, we need solutions! Although if we take it a bit more literally it might have potential. Get me the ground dragon.
>>
>>152419465
That's Toyota's job, blueberry.
>>
File: Felix 348.jpg (114KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Felix 348.jpg
114KB, 847x1200px
Pure cinnamon roll
>>
File: It's still alive.jpg (773KB, 975x4200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
It's still alive.jpg
773KB, 975x4200px
>>152434369
Nah. That would probably traumatize Subaru and do just as much damage.
>>
>>152422656
Nah, she also enjoys getting praised by Nee-sama.
>>
>>152428028
Time Komprression?
>>
File: Happy Family 5.jpg (134KB, 1023x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Happy Family 5.jpg
134KB, 1023x700px
Pure cinnamon bun family
>>
>>152434592
>A corpse, a lich and a necrophiliac
>pure
>>
>>152434751

You mean

>A King, angel and a goddess

right?
>>
>>152434827
It can be both I guess.
>>
>>152434194
>At this point, I'm half-expecting Al's interaction with Rem to be a play on how she's escaped her original role
Actually, now that I think about it, is Tappei the kind of guy who would introduce a plothook for meta reasons like that? Would he have written a situation where Al knows the original "plot" and reacts with distress when he notices a scene has been changed?
>>
>>152435491
I think it may be a similar deal, but not a meta joke. Al obviously knows more than he lets on, and perhaps something like how a set of events was supposed to play out, or expected a certain something to be dead along with the twins.

He already knew Ram so it's related to them for sure. A meta joke wouldn't really work like that when its pre established that he knows Ram even before she introduces herself.
>>
>>152434194
>Q: If Rem didn’t get so popular, would the stream have been considerably different?
>A: The stream would continue its course, but the height of its waves would be different.

Despite the odd choice of the word "stream" I take that he says that everything that happened, even Rem and Subaru taking over their original roles happened before the readers' reaction. Maybe "height of its waves" means that after the reader's reaction he decided do spend more time describing certain stuff, but without changing the couse of events he already planned.

But this also means that Subaru falling for Rem, Rem becoming a potato and everything that Subaru does about it and the eventual reawakening is stuff planned since the final draft instead of being the result of Tappei giving in to the Remfags and then trying to patch it up
>>
>>152435751
I'm pretty sure when he's saying stuff like that he means essentially in preproduction. The From Zero speech was conceived of before Rem as the one to deliver it was, and her role was expanded to allow her to do so. But that naturally would've had to have been decided extremely early, even before he really started writing since its the title of the work and all.
>>
File: Petelgeuse punch.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Petelgeuse punch.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
>>152408344
>>152423864
>>152423910
>>152424006
the best theory IMO is that Subaru time travels
there are basically theories that Subaru is actually both Flugel and Al and he just somehow time traveled.
People think that he's Flugel, because Flugel's student, Shaula, says that Subaru smells like her teacher and also Satella says that she has loved him for 400 years
And also Subaru could be Al, because they're both from japan, their height is the same, they weigh the same and they both have time traveling abilities. Plus we never see Al's face.
>>
>>152436181
>also Satella says that she has loved him for 400 years

No, she was never that specific, we just assume so because Flugel lived 400 years ago.
>>
>mfw I just want 'bad end' with masochist Subaru with his sadist queen
>>
>>152435635
I didn't call it a joke. Also, the thing about "It's still alive" isn't in the WN as far as I know. Not sure if the manga translators fucked up.

I was more suggesting that Al has "spoilers" from Tappei's original plans and knew Ram was supposed to be there, as Ram herself says she's the one who normally goes traveling with Roswaal. Al's reaction suggests he knew beforehand that Ram was supposed to be there, and Rem deciding to go in her place was the only reason she wasn't.

Tappei says that not even a trace of Rem's original role remains, so I was thinking he may have decided to incorporate that into the story itself.
>>152435751
That's what it sounds like. He doesn't phrase anything like he gave into the character's popularity, but rather that her character just came to life while he was writing her and everything turned out completely different than the idea he had in mind. Besides, Rem is from very early in the story, before the series got much popularity in the first place.
>>152436087
Pretty much, though he may have actually ended up characterizing her different as he was writing her, and he may have gotten different ideas for scenes as he went along. From what I picked up from various Q&As, she basically went from a background character to a legitimate heroine. Ram's role was probably expanded alongside her own.
>>
I'm extremely interested on what will happen after the potato wakes up
>>
>>152437069
Her birthday is soon. Maybe we'll have something more concise to look forward to then.
>>
>>152408045
Pretty sure the worst insult she know is "Liar"
>>
>>152436181
Doubt he's Al, but I wouldn't be surprised if Al's memories of japan came from Subaru.
>>
>>152433613
Let Subaru impregnate Rem and make the Oni stay in the mansion for the rest of the story.

>>152422656
The way I see it, I don't think Subaru only wants praises from Rem. Instead it's about him being uncomfortable with other people praising him so casually without knowing whether Subaru really needs it or deserves it. Meanwhile Rem is the only one to understand Subaru most so he allows her to judge, compliment, criticize, or praise him all she wants.
>>
>>152437772
>Let Subaru impregnate Rem and make the Oni stay in the mansion for the rest of the story.
That doesn't sound like stopping her at all.
>>
>>152418089 >>152418570
Chicken is more precise, Summaryanon is more accurate.
>>
>>152437567
How about "dunderhead?"
>>
>>152437772
>Let Subaru impregnate Rem and make the Oni stay in the mansion for the rest of the story.

That would give her even more influence on his development. Also as if Rem would let Subaru go out fighting while she sits at home. They either go both or they stay both at home.
>>
>>152437069
I'm hoping she remembers everything Subaru's been telling her while she's in a coma, just so she's familiar with how he's changed. And because I think that would be kind of sweet. I also expect her to find an occupation which keeps her close to Subaru when he travels, since the mansion is no longer solely dependent on her for upkeep. Maybe become his Disciple if he goes the Sage route, as I don't know who could possibly fit that role better. They'll probably go on some actual dates.

Other than that, I expect things to get a little awkward with both Emilia and Ram, moreso than they are already. Aldebaran will also probably get another opportunity to freakout, as events start obviously deviating from his expectations.
>>152437966
Giving him a wife and children is a pretty huge fucking change that would deeply affect his character and how everyone relates to him.
>>152438313
Nah, she'd let him go fight if she thought he had enough support.
>>
>>152419991
She is missing memories on top of that. The Witch of Vainglory removed them.
It's why EMT is having such a hard time with the Trial.
>>
>>152438313
As much as Subaru loves Rem, he still can't have her stick with him all the time, especially when she is pregnant. So I guess Subaru will convince Rem to stay home with Frederica and Petra. I mean it will be hard for Rem to listen to Subaru, but it's not entirely impossible. If Rem does love Subaru and the baby, she will listen.
>>
>>152436266
>Besides, Rem is from very early in the story, before the series got much popularity in the first place.
I wonder when was that Rem became the most popular character during the WN publication
>>
>>152438397
fun fact: there's not 1 timeline where Rem is alive and in love with Subaru and where Subaru is dead. Maybe it's just coincidence but maybe it's like 1 of tappei's rules.
>>
>>152438596
I might be too sleep deprived but I didn't get that last one. What do you mean, anon?
>>
>>152438596
What? That she never gets to see the man she loves die? Isn't that something she mentioned during From Zero, that she hopes to die before him?

For some reason, that just makes me want her to get a chance to see him die some time. Better yet if she can somehow remember it. Let's go full trauma here.
>>
>>152438685
we never got a reaction from Rem about Subaru's death because she always dies before him
>>
>>152438783
>Isn't that something she mentioned during From Zero, that she hopes to die before him?

I might be forgetting something here anon, but did she really say that? I honestly can't remember it.
>>
>>152438933
When she fantasizes about a life together she says she wants to die of old age before him
>>
>>152438859
Oooh. Shit, that's true. Ever since she fell in love with him she hasn't seen him die, alright.
>>
>>152439007
does that confirm that humans and onis have the same lifespan?
>>
>>152439054
Either that or she's wilfully ignoring that he'd die before her.
It seems more likely that Onis are just mana-powered humans.
>>
I lost my will to live.
>>
>>152438783
> Let's go full trauma here
There will be no trauma because Rem will kill herself as soon as she sees Subaru die.

A Rem without Subaru will be broken as hell so I guess she wouldn't want to keep her life anymore.
>>
>>152439202
Or maybe she goes full rampage
>>
>>152439088
Or that Oni were created to resemble humans. Are there any other demihumans in Re:Zero who have such a close resemblance? Even elves have noticeable ears and strange eyes, while Oni look indistinguishable from humans as long as their horns are retracted.
>>
File: Felix 223.jpg (501KB, 595x842px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Felix 223.jpg
501KB, 595x842px
>>152439189

Let Ferri bring it back.
>>
>>152439202
Maybe something similar will be part of her self esteem development. Subaru dies, she kills herself, Echidna or someone shows him, he tries to strengthen her self esteem and explains her that he didn't go through hell and saved her ass so she'd die with him later on
>>
>>152438859
That's not technically true, but obviously she's a potato while its happening, so I guess it counts.
>>
>>152439420
It's true in the sense that she never gets to react to his death, which is the point.
>>152439352
I think it'd be a pretty heavy fucking blow to him if he saw a timeline where he died, and Rem just completely lost it and spent all of her time talking to his grave.
>>
>>152439562
She needs to work harder to die while comatose before him every time, its like she's not even applying herself, geez.
>>
>>152439656
Well, Subaru killed himself that one time, so she kind of wasn't prepared.
>>
>>152439562
>spent all of her time talking to his grave
Holy shit this is even sadder than Subaru spending every night talking to comatose Rem.

I will have mad respects for them if they can hold back their lust and not fuck each other until the end of the series.
>>
File: 1484060552629.jpg (80KB, 517x717px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484060552629.jpg
80KB, 517x717px
>>152439334

Ferri a good boy.
>>
File: Felix 312.png (417KB, 759x886px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Felix 312.png
417KB, 759x886px
>>152439831

Yes!
>>
>>152439883

Would you take care of recently undungeoned Ferri?
>>
>>152439791
This is why he needs to impregnate Rem, so she can have someone to support her emotionally besides Nee-sama.
>>
>>152425705
A-Anon...
>>
File: Crusch and Felix 31.jpg (556KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Crusch and Felix 31.jpg
556KB, 1200x1500px
>>152440052

No, only Crusch-sama and her family can give Ferri the treatment and love he deserves.
>>
>>152439791
I haven't even gotten into how she'd probably be living off a diet of steamed potatoes that Ram brought to her.
>>
>>152428353
>two
There are three others.
>>
>>152428353
Petra will love Rem to pieces. Meili might be a trouble child.
>>
>>152440287
Annerose is a tiny clown, not your daughteru
>>
>>152428882
Can't read moonrunes, but I assume you mean Subaru's Arc 6 clothes.
He switched to that because his tracksuit got DESTROYED.
>>
>>152440287
Are you saying that Emilia is in the kinderharem already?
>>
>>152435635
>Al obviously knows [...] something like how a set of events was supposed to play out
His behavior was pretty in-line with how people have acted when their Gospel was wrong.
>>
>>152440446
Emilia being a daughteru would be cute but unlikely.
>>
>>152440446
Are you suggesting that she's not?
>>
>>152440173
Welp. I guess Rem really is done for. I can't imagine her survive more than say three days with nothing but Ram's freshly steamed potatoes.

Oh and I don't think Nee-sama will be able to survive either.
>>
>>152440876
Ram and Emilia survived a whole two weeks on nothing but steamed tatoes and mayo
>>
>>152441002
Ram should really learn to cook somehing other than potatoes.
>>
>>152441038
She can make tea. What else do you really need?
>>
>>152439202

That not cool and i don't think she will kill herself
>>
>>152440728

Nah bro this is so wrong the girl his been fabing the eniter story on is his daughter 0_0
>>
>>152441293
Are you ok, dude?
>>
>>152441311

Lol tell to the one who said it will be cute if emilia turn out to be subaru's daughter
>>
Man Tappei is asshole part of me tell he will make subaru have go with Rem after she wakes up and get her pregnant and stay in the mansion

That would be really dirty move
>>
>>152440691
That's how it struck me, though he tried to downplay it after the fact. Still, how often do Gospels refer to people by name?

I've kind of been wondering how detailed Al's knowledge is for a long time. He knows "Ram" is in the city, but did he also know about Subaru? Events change up between loops, and he doesn't seem to be put off when Subaru visits to see Priscilla. I'm assuming Subaru not showing up didn't upset him either, but we have no way to tell.

It seems to me that whatever foreknowledge he has, it's really just a general impression with a few specific details that stand out. So, I guess that might be a good match for a Gospel.
>>
>>152407633
Is it true that the author does not want there to be a season 2?

if so, can i get a source on that claim?
>>
When does Rem wake up?
>>
>>152441566
the opposite seems to be the case, he's changing the LN so it will flow better in the 2nd season
>>
>>152441620
>he's changing the LN so it will flow better in the 2nd season

That's your speculation.
>>
>>152441644
>seems to be the case

implies that it's just speculation
>>
>>152441566
The author wants as much as possible animated last I heard. He's been busting ass on the LNs for that reason anyway.
>>
>>152441566
no the author would like to see the whole series animated
>>
>>152441644
Some of the changes are pretty conspicuous and have no other reason to be there. It's probably going to be smoothed over so that the same ideas are reintroduced for people who never saw the scenes the anime cut. For all we know, Emilia and Subaru will have a conversation about how he loves Rem during one of the times she's yelling about him being a liar.
>>
I find pretty ironic the parallel between Tappei dealing with Rem going off the rails and Subaru.

A character that initially is expected to be a bystander suddenly grows on him while he still tries to stay true to the intention of preferring Emilia
>>
Why didn't the anime show how much of a praise addict Rem was?
>>
>>152441620
not just changing it
rushing it
if the author keeps up this pace there will be enough material in the LN for another season by the end of the year
>>
>>152443251

His 1 month pace stopped already
>>
>>152443416
sure, but it's still better than 1 volume every 6 months
a volume every month or 2 would still produce enough content by the end of the year
>>
File: 58753799_p0.jpg (800KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
58753799_p0.jpg
800KB, 1000x1400px
>>152442894
Something about this strikes me as perfect in a story with themes of defying fate. We have a King selection based on the Dragon's prophecy, the Bishops and Roswaal trying to enforce a certain intended future, and even the great hero Reinhard is often described as a slave to fate.

Speaking of Reinhard, his character description page was also a little interesting. Especially the last sentence about how he has a "friendly and absolutely faultless personality...at first sight."

But I digress. In such a story, one in which there was clearly only ever supposed to be one heroine, don't you think it's just so fitting that Rem ended up breaking out from the original designs for her?
>>
>>152443866
I think its funny that he basically wrote a whole new character to deliver this big motivational speech because Emilia sure as hell wasn't going to do it.
>>
>>152444000
But why did Tappei not let Emilia deliver the speech? Had he done that, Emilia would have been better and more well-received than she is now.
>>
File: 5656.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5656.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
New side stories and Rem What If chapter in 2 weeks.
>>
>>152444415
>Emilia
>speech
>useful

Anon please, you know why.
>>
>>152444419
No screw the Rem if I want to see what the second library challenge is
>>
>>152444462
screw you anon, it's just 1 chapter per year
>>
>>152444461
I sure as hell don't want to see the current Emilia deliver it at all because it will be outright awkward and uncharacteristic of her to do that.

However, if Tappei had designed a new Emilia to carry out that one specific task from the get-go in a story where Rem didn't exist, then that Emilia (or Rem 2.0) would totally be capable of delivering the speech.
>>
>>152444415
It's even likely that Rem definitely took over the fandom because of that speech
>>
>>152444415
That's pretty retarded line of thinking that for someone to likable they need to butter up the MC. Emilia is already pretty likable by the fanbase and that wasn't her role anyway. The point of her rejection was start on his path to change by setting up his downfall and eventually him come to terms who he is and . Tappei doesn't want her to be some Rem 2.0

>>152444461
But she already done all that speedreader and was even praise for it.
>>
>>152444789
I liked her before it.
>>152444415
>>152444764
At this point you may as well ask why he didn't just design Emilia as Rem, because that's what we'd be getting. I mean, there are already a few similarities in their backstory. Village sacked by the Witch Cult, self-esteem issues, and whatnot. Silver-haired Princess Rem would be a very different story.
>>
>>152444919
>Emilia is already pretty likable by the fanbase

are you knew to the series?
>>
>>152444919
>But she already done all that speedreader and was even praise for it.

what are you referring to?
>>
>>152444960
Yeah, this is why I said definitely. She was already a favorite, but the speech elevated her at "nothing ever will make another character of the story more liked than her" tier.
>>
>>152444919
Emilia didn't even reject him. She just stuck with her original plan to leave him to get treated by Felix.
>>152444982
Well, it's hard to really calculate. Polls only tend to show how many people voted on a favorite. It's like those polls here where people were voting for King Candidates. Anastasia is widely regarded as one of the better choices, but few people seem to see her as an ideal first choice. If a poll allowed people to pick their second and third choices, would they still come out looking the same?

Anyhow, I've seen a few jokes people make about calling her a phantom heroine or EMS(Emilia Maji Side-heroine). It seems to be a fairly common joke.
>>
>>152444960
> Silver-haired Princess Rem
Dude, I will kill just to read this story. I mean, I will miss the maid Rem for sure, but the story about silver-haired Rem (or Emilia) sounds too interesting to pass up.
>>
>>152444764
The problem is not whether Emilia could deliver a speech since we don't know that. It's issue that it's impossible for it to happen to begin with as part of the reason From Zero to happens is because her fight with Subaru. His screw up with her with her supposed to show first cracks his ideology and prideful and egoistically behavior which gets beaten out of him by everything that happened in that arc until he admits his problems.

Rem could help him pick the pieces at that time because she was the only one he hadn't burned his bridges with and she had become devoted to him by that point with after magic beasts incident. It's only when he decided shred away his desired to use glory and obligation as means to have Emilia return his feelings with Rem's help that he got better.
>>
File: c6e.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
c6e.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>152445293
You know how popular Emilia is just by looking at the pixiv pic counter. Even Ram has more than her. Of course it's because Rem carries Ram hard but it's still ridiculous considering that Emilia has arguably the better design and is the main heroine.
>>
>>152445563
You just described how it came to from zero. Tappei could have changed the previous events so that Emilia had to do the speech and give Rem another role.
>>
>>152444982
Nope, but I check out Japanese twitters and such.

>>152445036
I'm referring to that fact that Emilia hasn't made a speech or been useful as that guy claimed.

>>152445293
>Emilia didn't even reject him. She just stuck with her original plan to leave him to get treated by Felix.

She literally told him they were going to part ways here after what she said. The deal for his treatment had already been made and that was separate issue. Emilia isn't cruel to suddenly cut off from that.

Emilia herself was not expecting to see him again. Rem and Crusch were hoping that he would at least wise up and go back and apologize properly.
>>
>>152445617
>Change it to Emilia
Re:Zero would be fucking hated after that.
>>
>>152434751
That's sort of pure in a matching character traits way.
>>
>>152445567
Well hey. Emilia still has twice as much art as Subaru. Maybe. The fujos all seem to have a special tag where they hide all of their stuff away, and that's chock full of Subaru smut.
>has arguably the better design
One can argue about anything. I'd say that more thought was definitely put into designing Emilia. However, I feel it doesn't quite look right to be.
>>152445799
>Emilia herself was not expecting to see him again.
He works at the manor, clearly has friends there, and she left him with Rem. She was probably expecting him back after he finished up with treatment. I don't think Emilia is cruel enough to just abandon some ignorant illegal immigrant to fend for himself.
>>
>>152445799
>Nope, but I check out Japanese twitters and such.

That's pretty unreliable desu, every poll and data we have speaks against it
>>
>>152443866
>tfw the real spanner in the works of the plotters is Rem
>>
>>152445617
No it can't because they are fighting and Subaru is afraid to show his weakness his to her. Emilia does not love him at that point in time to say what Rem did to him.

Furthermore Arc 3 is supposed come full-circle with Subaru meeting her after he's changed and been humbled which leads to their reconciliation.
>>
>>152445944
Eh. Emilia does get plenty of art on Japanese twitter. She's not hated or anything.

Of course, Julius should be ranking pretty fucking high if we're judging by twitter. I can hardly find a twitter artist who isn't a Julius fan.
>>
>>152445799
Japanese are aversive to saying anything vaguely negative ever on Twitter, do not trust them
>>
>>152446034
This. They praise the stuff they like but keep quite about stuff they don't like
>>
>>152446018
Anon, that's why I said that Tappei could have changed the events that lead to from zero so that Emilia had to do the speech. He's the author and he's smart, he could have done whatever he wanted and it's not about "he can't show his weakness and she doesn't love him at this point"
>>
>>152446030
Well Julius is pretty based.
>>
>>152445938
>He works at the manor, clearly has friends there, and she left him with Rem. She was probably expecting him back after he finished up with treatment. I don't think Emilia is cruel enough to just abandon some ignorant illegal immigrant to fend for himself.

Um no whole point was that as far she was concerned he was basically fired. Even the manga and LN states that for first time Suabru was truly alone that world. It would make no sense for her to say I'm gonna leave here and comeback later when they just reached the breaking point. That was point her clearing the debt.

>>152445944
Except I've sen that polls and none of them speak against anything. By your logic Rem is only character anyone likes in this series because she most popluar due to the polls instead of you know.. the polls just showing Rem just being liked the most and not necessary other characters being hated or disliked because they have less votes. That why you even see Rem fans making art of Emilia. Believe it or not this isn't an either or thing.
>>
>liking Emilia
>>
I'm curious if someone will scan the Rem IF Light novel. Since it's a "Only if you bought all these expensive as fuck BDs" sort of deal.
>>
File: 1482000272695.jpg (332KB, 1030x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482000272695.jpg
332KB, 1030x600px
>>152446030
Why is it that one gay friend always gets popular?
>>
>>152446034
>>152446071

That not relevant to my point at all. Rem being more liked than every other character does not =/= every other character disliked. It's non-sequitur that makes a false dichotomy. Liking another character more that another doesn't mean have to hate that said character else because it not a zero-sum game.
>>
>>152446331
My point wasn't about Emilia being hated or something. She's just not popular for the amount of screentime, her design and and her role she has. For her circumstances she's not
"pretty likable by the fanbase"
>>
>>152446448
It helps that Julius and Subaru are best mates. Essentially his left hand man at this point, even if they are tsun about it.
>>
File: Julius2.jpg (152KB, 841x1199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Julius2.jpg
152KB, 841x1199px
>>152446448
Well aside from his gay side not being overplayed or being the sole reason for the existence of his character assuming the EX volume that seems to touch on it isn't bullshitting, or we're overplaying his "friendly admiration" for Reinhard, and he actually gets things done and is otherwise a fleshed out character on his own.

Being good looking helps too i guess.
>>
>>152446472
Your point is that because the 5 twitter account you follow made some Emilia pics you think that she's loved by the fanbase what is bs.
>>
>>152440347
Would Meili be a problem? She seems have the same amount of bloodlust as Rem. Plus they're both a tad psychopathic so. The only problem is that if Rem is willingly able to overlook that Meili tried to kill Subaru at one point. Though that is also a common point both of them could have.
>>
>>152440287
Not yet Annerose, your debut isn't ready.
>>
>>152446477
That's pretty vague bullshit you made up to somehow claim she disliked. You can't qualify any of that and standards don't exist for you to make that claim. Who readers or watcher like more has nothing to do with character status. Case in point Subaru was not only one of least liked characters in his own series but also protagonist in Narou for a longtime despite having 99% of screentime in the series and his MC status had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>152446515
It's not even clear if he's gay or not. Julius strikes me more as someone who wants to be like Reinhard, no matter how impossible it is, than to be inside Reinhard.
>>152446331
>Even the manga and LN states that for first time Suabru was truly alone that world.
He wasn't even alone. Rem was still there to watch over him until he recovered, and Roswaal was the one who hired Subaru in the first place. I never got the impression she never expected to see him again, but more that Subaru was being a melodramatic idiot about the whole matter.
>>
>>152446533
That's funny I don't remember saying I followed that little, but nice try. I even stated that Rem fans draw her too. Don't throw a shade at me because most JP people aren't buthurt about waifuwars as you.
>>
File: C1k_CmCUkAA4gDZ.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
C1k_CmCUkAA4gDZ.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
Why do I get this feeling that all this dislike towards Emilia is stemming from trauma from Emiliafags rather than Emilia herself?
>>
>>152446824
That's most likely the case. It's the same with Rem, some of her haters hate her fans, not her herself.
>>
>>152446721
>He wasn't even alone.

That's what he felt and what Emilia's presence and rejection meant to him. Rem was still just a co-worker and something of symbolic surrogate family to him like with everyone at the mansion. Those were his own thoughts regardless if you agree with them or not.
>>
>>152446791
I don't know what this has to do with waifuwars. You claimed that Emilia is pretty liked by the fanbase what is not really true.

> I even stated that Rem fans draw her too

What are you even trying to say with this? You can't nullify actual polls and various other data by a couple twitter account you follow and some artist who just like to draw characters.
>>
>>152446942
>Rem was still just a co-worker and something of symbolic surrogate family to him like with everyone at the mansion.

*At that point in time anyway.
>>
>>152446824
Most people don't dislike Emilia. They just don't care much for her and are saying she isn't as popular as should be expected of main heroine.

Of course, you're not wrong that early Emiliafags in these threads had a tendency to deliberately try to stir up shitstorms, and these threads go to shit whenever the local Emiliafag joins in.
>>152446942
Yes. Those were his thoughts, but not the actual reality of the situation. Which is why I said he was being unnecessarily melodramatic.
>>
should I continue with chicken then switch over to summaryanon? Who's more accurate in their translations?
>>
>>152446707
You realize that Subaru is supposed to be an unlikable character and that he will develop over the full course of the series into a likable character? The fact that a character like him is as popular as the beautiful main heroine who is meant to be a likable character is a joke.
>>
>>152447033
I prefer Summary-anons, but its up to you really.
>>
>>152447033
Im still continuing with chicken
>>
File: 147576757.png (113KB, 895x935px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
147576757.png
113KB, 895x935px
>>152446995
Not him but what he says >>152446942 is true regardless, he was indeed for the first time alone in the world, as he thought everyone abandoned him, or the equivalent. It only took Rem to make him realize that there was at least one person who wouldn't abandon him though. Even if he as being melodramatic about it at that point in time in arc 3 Subaru's sole purpose for his existence was Emilia he even stated himself, like how Ram was to Rem sort of thing.
>>
>>152446944
>I don't know what this has to do with waifuwars. You claimed that Emilia is pretty liked by the fanbase what is not really true.

You have yet to prove that it is not true. All you have done is thrown a flippant comment at anything that implies the contrary. It's just something you want to believe to push your bias.

>What are you even trying to say with this? You can't nullify actual polls and various other data by a couple twitter account you follow and some artist who just like to draw characters.

My comments aren't just based on are twitter. Even them none of poll prove what you're saying. There is no % hate Emilia it's just stuff you pull from your ass extrapolate because you don't know how date actually works. One character being liked more does not mean another is hated unless there specific poll about that. That's not how drawn conclusions from data.
>>
>>152446944
>You claimed that Emilia is pretty liked by the fanbase what is not really true.
I don't think Emilia is disliked or hated by any means, as I personally dislike hyperbole. However, I'll say she strikes me as only being relatively unpopular, rather than truly unpopular. Joking about how she "doesn't do anything" isn't just a western phenomena. They still might be more polite about it over there for a number of reasons.

Personally, I think a select few people managed to permanently sour discussions of Emilia here. I mean seriously, they tried to bully Remfags out of these threads at one point.
>>
File: C2fvT24UsAA1bWc.jpg (141KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
C2fvT24UsAA1bWc.jpg
141KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>152447166
Did I ever argue otherwise? I just suggested we shouldn't take Subaru's melodramatic overreactions as an objective view of his actual situation. Things weren't as bad as he was acting like they were.
>>
Emilia is not bad but basically every other character is better
>>
>>152447181

Why do you think Emilia is still miles behind Rem who was inactive for the majority of the story? People don't give a fuck about her. It's that simple. Even Beako and Ram who have significantly less screentime than her are on her level. You can't tell me that she's pretty popular.
>>
>>152447049
archive to summaryanons?
>>
>>152446824
>>152446926
I think these threads would certainly be a lot more peaceful if a few fans wouldn't interpreting anything that came out of Japan to suit their unsubstantial bias. Waifuwars are pointless to begin with since everything in is the authors hands. So trying to prop who is better or discrediting another character especially when can't be backed up with hard evidence is just stupid at this point. I would hoped that most anons would have grown out of it by now, but I guess not.
>>
File: y0SBBr0.png (184KB, 629x288px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
y0SBBr0.png
184KB, 629x288px
>>
>>152447390
https://mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg
>>
>>152447416
fucking wow the organization of the files are horrendous
>>
>>152447518
How so? They're all in chronological order.
>>
>>152447357
This is true. Like seriously is there even anything Emilia can do but other characters can't? Emilia's presence in the story seems to be redundant in my opinion.
>>
File: 1481290784927.jpg (14KB, 223x223px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481290784927.jpg
14KB, 223x223px
>>152447404
Well think of it this way, its a much better environment than when the anime aired. Even then we should stop the metaposting now before it gets out of hand and talk about the plot and story.
>>
>>152446995
>They just don't care much for her and are saying she isn't as popular as should be expected of main heroine

Again where are getting this from? I'm pretty the fanbase isn't that simple and this not implied anywhere. Emilia lose to her in polls but so does everyone else. That doesn't mean nobody doesn't care about the other Suabru and Emilia as they should, they just like Rem more. This not mutually exclusive. Rem mostly likely stay most people character in the series regardless of what happens in the story.

>Yes. Those were his thoughts, but not the actual reality of the situation. Which is why I said he was being unnecessarily melodramatic.


Again what the reality of situation is irrelevant to how he actually feels. Emilia's presence was pretty much the world to him at that time and she was his savior as far he was concerned. He desperately wanted to be some sort of help/support to her that's why he pushed himself. She was the one person he truly cared about the most and reason he was at the mansion at all up till now.
>>
>>152447663
She was Subaru's goal until a certain point. Her next important roll will probably be the jealous bitch when Rem comes back.
>>
>>152447735
Do you really think that Subaru truly cared about Emilia at this time? She did not mean the world to him. All he did was for himself and not for Emilia. He thought that if he can be useful to her that he could get into her pants faster but she told him to fuck off with his annoying special treatment and Subaru lost it because of his arrogance.
>>
>>152447201
Anyone know what's being said in these?
>>
>>152447042
>You realize that Subaru is supposed to be an unlikable character and that he will develop over the full course of the series into a likable character?

But we aren't talking about author's intent. Even when he supposed to be unlikable there were people still liked him for being an otaku.

> The fact that a character like him is as popular as the beautiful main heroine who is meant to be a likable character is a joke.

Emilia is more popular than Subaru is among readers, but besides your saying arbitrary things that have no meaning. There no such thing as supposed to or needs to. People aren't robots who dances to author's will. Rem should be one of proofs of that. If MC status and writing matter that popular than Rem shouldn't be beating Subaru and Emilia by 2-3x the amounts of votes. So the most likely conclusion here is that it's not that Subaru and Emilia are disliked it's Rem liked more, by disproportional amount.
>>
Satella is actually Subaru possessing Emilia's body. He is the Witch of Envy personality.
>>
>>152447380
I like how keep ignoring the fact she miles of ahead of everyone because shows how flimsy this argument is. You have a point if Rem wasn't beating everyone else too. Again this what you're suspiciously extrapolating from data that implies neither. Don't speak for a fanbase you really no idea about apart from numbers.
>>
>>152447663
What can Rem do that anyone character can't?

Anyone could fall in love with him by the author's decisions.
Most of characters can fight, work with and defend him which most of them do.

Basically you could apply this everybody so what kind of logic is this?
>>
>>152448253
Rem is the biggest factor in Subaru's development. She is also the only character Subaru shows his true weak self to and she's the reason why Subaru is still sane.
>>
>>152447729
True.

>>152447787
That's like saying Rem is just Subaru's goal now.

Emilia has much of her own past history and goals to deal long before he showed up as with Rem. Subaru just butted into most of their lives and got involved in things that had nothing to do with him.
>>
>>152447966
Anon, didn't Subaru particularly mention that he did everything not for him but for Emilia during his confession to her in episode 25? I'm on phone right now so I can't quote the whole line, but I remember Subaru saying something along the lines of "I wasn't wrong when I said I did it for you."
>>
>>152448446
In that speech he admitted he acted for selfish reasons but that he was sincere about the part where he said he loved her and wanted to help her because of that
>>
>>152448446
I'm not sure but didnt Crusch call him out on that? He was also surprised that Rem answered him with 'because I want to' when he asked her why she stayed with him and helped him and that was like the opposite of how he felt about doing stuff for Emilia. He wanted something in return.
>>
>>152447966
Those two things aren't mutual exclusive though. His shallow pride partially driven by his lack self worth. Deep down he feared Julius was right, that he didn't have qualifications to be Emilia's side as someone she could depend on as her Knight and lover because of his lack of talent combat or average intelligence compared to people like Julius. This kind of even creeps back in Arc 4 when tells Satella that RBD is all he can do and he's desperate to abuse it because he would at least it would feel less powerless.
>>
>>152447049
Can you give me a reason why you prefer summary over chicken? I need to convice myself to start reading summaries instead of becoming old and grey waiting for chicken. (No offense to him though)
>>
>>152448872
I find his writing to be pretty readable and enjoyable. Whether that's a reflection of his skill at translation or if the original text is just a bit more bland when translated as accurately as possible I'm not sure. Plus some of the obviously summarized lines are hilarious.
>>
>>152448872
Well for one, they aren't summaries, they're fully translated chapters. People call him summary anon because one guy coined him that and the name stuck. There isn't really much reason to stick with chicken considering the only thing summary anon doesn't always translate are obscure 2ch memes Subaru talk bout from time to time. Which he gives a basic description of.
>>
>>152448872
Try reading summary-anon's and chicken's translation side-by-side there really isn't much difference considering that both fully translate the entire chapter.
>>
>>152448377
And? That everyone now need to play a role Subaru's development to be worth something? This story isn't all about him. Regardless of what effect any character might have on him (which they all do in different ways) none of them should revolve around him. The whole reasons Emilia, Wilhelm, Rem etc because they exist outside of him and they have own circumstances. Rem can play some role in his development because she specifically devoted herself him after she fell for him after she help solve her problems.

Any character in this story has enough to them that they literally be their own MC.
>>
>>152448978
He self-styles as summaries, he doesn't really feel confident enough to call them translations and he always reserves the right to skim and whatnot even if he does so infrequently.
>>
>>152448795
I think that Subaru's relatioship to Emilia and Rem's relationship to Subaru are good parallels here. Subaru did things for Emilia because he expected to get something in return. Mostly love I guess. Rem helped Subaru out of love 'because I want to' while not expecting anything in return.

So, I think it's fair to say that Emilia wasnt 'the world' to him like anon said.
>>
File: 1483163232675.png (491KB, 565x481px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483163232675.png
491KB, 565x481px
>>152449031
>This story isn't all about him.

What in god's name are you saying?
>>
>>152449031
I'm not sure how you're finding the criticism hard to understand. Rem has done a lot of visible things with a lot of impact that make people on average see her as a main character and heroine no matter how much Emiliafags might bitch about 'irrelevant side character'

Conversely, on average, people don't feel that Emilia has enough 'oomph' to justify her supposed status as main heroine and the dissonance between these two leads people to grumble.

People might like Crusch, or want to see Crusch more or whatnot, but no one complains about her under or over-stepping perceived bounds because she's simply not marketed the same way.
>>
>>152448872
Chicken's is less rushed and more polished. He also pays more attention to things like prose and doesn't just translate things literally. Anon's is still good especially for it's speed.
>>
What is this anime even about?
>>
>>152449031

Your question was what Rem can do what other characters can't. Now tell me what Emilia can do what other characters can't.
>>
>>152449245
Think monkey's paw
>>
>>152449245
Self-hating hikkis
>>
File: IMG_0036_0.gif (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0036_0.gif
3MB, 800x448px
>>152449031
Saying that the story isn't about Subaru is like saying Evangelion isn't about Shinji
>>
>>152449255
Throw snowballs. Wait, shit, Rem can do that. Throw green snowballs.
>>
>>152449031
Anon, >99% of the story is his POV. How is this story not about him?
>>
>>152449446
Because Emilia threw snowballs at some guys, duh.
>>
>>152449245
I wanna say deconstruction but I know I'm gonna get shit for saying it.
>>
>>152449245
Incompetent guy pursues a pretty silver-haired heroine
>>
>>152449074
I think she was, but got twisted when he got to Royal Election and realized how "small" he was in the grand scheme of things. He started to discredit his own achievements and got desperate because of it. It eventually turned into being more about him than her which Emilia called him out on. It was thanks Rem showing him that even didn't "talent" he was able to do heroic things like saving her and villagers in Arc 2. He didn't need to be like Julius or Wilhelm to help people or support Emilia. She would be his strength to help him with that. In turn Subaru becomes this for Emilia thanks to Rem.
>>
>>152428054
>Too obvious
No. It's only 'too obvious' because the author drags things on.
>>
>>152449711
Rem is Rem for Subaru and Subaru is Rem for Emilia but who is Emilia Rem for?
>>
>>152449024
But chicken is up to chapter 14 and the first 20 chapters from summary is just a mega pack. So I can't really compare it. (Okay I admit I haven't looked into it)
>>
>>152449171
It's you don't seem to undersatnd. Just because you're criticizing something does not mean it is wrong. Emilia has done things with impact and that is fact. Where you personally cared about them or not because you got Rem googles on is not irrelevant. That fact discrediting that fact just means the problems on your end not anyone else.

>Conversely, on average, people don't feel that Emilia has enough 'oomph' to justify her supposed status as main heroine and the dissonance between these two leads people to grumble.

By people you mean yourself and some people here. Newsflash we aren't hivemind and you have no general consensus to make that statement. If don't like Emilia that's fine but again stop speaking for everyone.

>People might like Crusch, or want to see Crusch more or whatnot, but no one complains about her under or over-stepping perceived bounds because she's simply not marketed the same way.

I'm not sure what Crusch has anything to do. There are also like her more than Rem. Crusch isn't a heroine, she not more popular Emilia and Rem. Furthermore most of shitfilging at Emilia is coming from Remfags and vis versa. Fans of the other characters mostly don't give a shit.
>>
I don't think anyone can seriously contest the fact that Emilia underperformed in popularity
>>
>>152449255
That's easy.

>save Subaru from the thugs at the beginning of the story, which is something that the current Emilia neither does nor remembers.
>be damsel in distress.
>whine like a bitch every time Subaru breaks the promises.
>>
File: 1469410133313.gif (137KB, 680x486px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1469410133313.gif
137KB, 680x486px
>>152449245
Shitty people trying to become less shitty people. Plus the monkey's paw of isekais I guess? With a healthy dose of tragedy.
>>
>>152450038
I imagine she will become this for Subaru eventually completing the trinity. She already promised to him with saving Rem for his sake if nothing else. This all assuming of course if polygamy remains a thing all the way to the end and nothing happens to Rem.
>>
>>152449245
Self-hating hikkis in love is probably the most succinct synopsis.
>>
>>152450217
That would mean that Subaru would have two Rems and that's redundant. Also Rem has still no Rem for herself so Emilia should take the role or are you saying that Rem doesn't need her own Rem?
>>
>>152450316
Subaru is Rem's Rem though. Have you not considered their two-way contract? I mean, Subaru is doing the equivalent to Rem with what Rem is doing for Subaru.
>>
>>152450158
But there is no such thing as underperforming in popularity poll. Side characters being more poplar than MCs isn't even a new thing. Moreover this still applies to Subaru too. This his story, but a character with less depth than him is beating him by a wide margin. Again it's rare a case about being disliked, just another character being liked more. That's one of the reason why the author doesn't care about stuff like that.
>>
File: 1473954112199.png (171KB, 502x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1473954112199.png
171KB, 502x354px
>>152450044
Not previous anon, but I also compared them and there is very little difference. Actually, I preferred TL-anon's phrasing usually.

>>152447518
They're sorted and consistently named. Apologize.
>>
>>152450402
Oh, that's correct. So Subaru will have two Rem's then. What a lucker.
>>
>>152450058
Do you know what 'on average' means? Or why it was included there. The common consensus from basically everyone is that no, Emilia doesn't do a lot. Its why they make jokes about her position slipping in official materials, its why the LN has been expanding her role earlier, the people making this took notice and decided it was indeed worthy of addressing. You are the one with Emilia googles ignoring what everyone else has been saying with your head up your ass.

>There are also like her more than Rem. Crusch isn't a heroine, she not more popular Emilia and Rem.
This was exactly the point you ESL twat. No one cares about Crusch doing too little or not showing up enough because she not touted as the super special main heroine. Emilia is. Because Emilia is and doe