[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shounen Jump Issue 8 ToC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 40

File: not actual cover.jpg (137KB, 450x773px) Image search: [Google]
not actual cover.jpg
137KB, 450x773px
Yakusoku no Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma
Golem Hearts (CP, One Shot)
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Whim (One Shot)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Demon's Plan (first ranking)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 9:
Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Boruto, Asagaya Geijutsu Koukou Eizou-ka e Youkoso (One Shot)
>>
>>152375455
Pure

01 Hero Academia c.116
02 Black Clover c.87
03 Hinomaru c.122
04 Kimetsu no Yaiba c.39
05 Sōma c.192
06 Gintama c.613
07 Sesuji wo Pin! to c.76
08 Yūna-san c.40
09 Samon-kun c.58
10 Saiki c.221
11 Demon's Plan c.1
12 Amalgam c.7
>>
Demon's Plan flopped pretty badly

I think Ole Golazo will flop next week too since it's in the same spot DP was in last week
>>
>>152375455
>Neverland cover.
>Pajeet's reign finally over.
>Kimetsu up there.
>Demon whatever flopping.

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>152375599
Neverland was sixth from bottom in both its sixth and seventh weeks. Proceeded to leap to top 4.

But I hear buzz about Golazo is pretty nonexistent in Japan, unlike Neverland, so it probably will flop.
>>
>>152375592
>04 Kimetsu no Yaiba c.39
THE GREATEST
>>
>>152375950
You mean
>most flamboyant
>>
>>152376060
You mean
>most flamboyant flamboyance
>>
Still no World Trigger announcement in this issue?
>>
>>152375774
do companies seriously rank manga by popularity? being a mangaka must be a miserable existence. imagine having to pull a good story out of your ass every week.
>>
>>152376773
Oda supposedly stated a few years ago in one of the volumes that the ranking has nothing to do with popularity. It's mostly up to the editor.

http://comipress.com/news/2007/09/05/2600.html
>>
>>152376847
It is true that less successful series are put in the back, every new series that tanks and gets cancelled always, always inhabit the bottom of the rankings and appear in the back of the magazine.
>>
Wow. Spring weapon jumped up in popularity.
>>
>>152376847
he's talking about the magazine's mood not the editor's mood

for example, Isobee is always in the end so the magazine can end on a happy note

here is a recent interview with BnHA editor saying the exact same thing

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161107-00000311-oric-ent
>>
>>152376983
>I'm new
it's not ranked this week
>>
>>152375455
Average over past 8 weeks

01.02 One Piece
02.46 Hero Academia
02.89 Black Clover
03.47 Haikyū!!
03.52 Neverland
05.58 Kimetsu no Yaiba
06.82 Sesuji wo Pin! to
07.21 Hinomaru
08.11 Yūna-san
08.28 Sōma
08.59 Samon-kun
08.91 Saiki
09.40 Gintama
11.19 No.01
11.92 Demon's Plan
12.67 Amalgam
13.00 Red Sprite
>>
>>152377223
Average excluding finished series

01.06 One Piece
02.57 Hero Academia
02.98 Black Clover
03.55 Haikyū!!
03.56 Neverland
05.75 Kimetsu no Yaiba
07.01 Sesuji wo Pin! to
07.42 Hinomaru
08.33 Yūna-san
08.46 Sōma
08.65 Samon-kun
09.13 Saiki
09.59 Gintama
11.19 No.01
11.92 Demon's Plan
12.83 Amalgam
>>
>>152377223
>>152377348
>>152375455
D-does this mean Dancing Midgets will stay alive?
>>
>>152377382
Probably, Amalgam and Demon's Plan and Spring Weapon are all more expendable than Sesuji. And usually if a series has a cushion of 3 series, it's safe for another 4-5 months because Jump rarely cancels more than 3 manga in a single round.
>>
>>152377737
Not sure about Amalgam and Spring weapon since they got color and extra pages treatment, but let's see what happens. I just want the midgets to live
>>
>>152375774
I think Golazo might at least last longer then Demons Plan

Although yeah your right there's little to no people talking about it, even sites that are normally infested with fujos like pixiv that for any other sports series would post endless pictures,

You search Golazo you get about 2 resaults.

Which is kind of a shame for the Author at least since reading his comments in the author comments page, the dude seems like a die hard soccer fan and if he continues making manga if Golazo gets the axe next week, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making another one somewhere down the line
>>
>>152378273
Well, Sesuji also got color pages recently too and always ranks better so I think it's still ahead of them in the pecking order.
>>
File: 427.jpg (547KB, 959x1400px)
427.jpg
547KB, 959x1400px
>>152378273
Just by the looks of it, Amalgam seems like it's heading toward a conclusion. Seems like he'll have a big showdown, rescue the tsundere from the evil scientist, and then it ends.

I actually kind of liked how the series started to do stupid, over the top action
>>
>>152376691
I don't know. But it should be at least worthy of an obvious announcement prior to its return.

In other news, the WT English dub premiered on a Spanish cartoon channel. I'm morbidly curious as to how that turned out.
>>
>>152378767
I hope so. I just read the most recent chapter and it's very clear the story's at one of those rare points where you could either:
1) End it very cleanly
2) Move onto a new arc.

Hoping for second one.
>>
>>152377223
>05.58 Kimetsu no Yaiba
>06.82 Sesuji wo Pin! to
Good.

>08.59 Samon-kun
Please get higher.
>>
File: 08124.png (34KB, 231x202px) Image search: [Google]
08124.png
34KB, 231x202px
>>152379260
That's the battle arc climax, right?

Looks like this series is overdue for another kouhai chapter.
>>
>>152379315
Next week is last one of the battle arc, but hopefully it does better since there isn't any fighting in it but a celebration party instead.
>>
>>152378736
I like Golazo's art. I hope it gets to stay around, it seems like the best series introduced this round. Also hat girl a cute
>>
>>152379433
Maybe the long-awaited poll results chapter will fare better in the rankings. Or it'll tank since the author trolled everyone into thinking they were finally gonna get a fanservice scene.
>>
>>152377382
yeah its gonna be alive at least for another half year or so. It very well still could get cancelled and im sort of setting my expectations low as to avoid another Mx0 situation.

At least now i am a bit more ok if the series is cancelled than i would of been a while back, cause after this current arc i feel like the series finally had its time to show off a really climatic and worthwhile side of itself that justifies it getting a read even if it ends abruptly, before id just be sad that something with potential ended early without getting the chance to shine, preferably it stays alive for the foreseeable future and shines even more but at least now its got that 1 massive high point.
>>
>>152379168
yeah the current arc could very well of been the ending to the whole series if they really wanted to, all they'd need to do is conclude the romance and do some hopeful for the future type end for how they will do better at dance in the future.
>>
>>152375455
Black Clover is really starting to piss me off with its placement, and that's said as someone who was unapologetic ally a fan until the current arc, it's just been pure garbage since those light novel characters showed up but nobody's discouraging the author from his shit storytelling like they did with Soma

Kimetsu has me so fucking hyped for the past few months, so I'm glad to see it finally seems to be settled into itself...and I hope Yakusoku actually gets to the escape within a month or two

I hope Ole Galozo survives, but I can't wait to see Demon's Plan get cancelled...Spring Weapon and Amalgam I would be okay keeping for a while longer but if they both had to go, I wouldn't be upset

Boruto better finish up the fucking move re-run soon, I never watched the movie but reading up on it, the only thing that possibly makes this interesting as a sequel is Boruto is the Sakura character and could tell the story from a new angle but that's at the end of the movie, all this rehashing of the terrible movie plotline is a waste of a series

Otherwise, I'm pretty thrilled with the line-up and think the placements are fair based on current arcs
>>
I wonder if Spring Weapon getting a CP is due to an upswing in popularity.

Might pull a Samon-kun.
>>
>>152380803
I feel they are trying to push it because they are short on content right now and the first tankobon sale is coming soon so they just want to see sales
>>
>>152377072
it got a CP, you autist
>>
>>152379260
shounen jump is advertising it alot and seems to want to make it the next gag manga for the serialization so i think its safe even with the lower ranks.
>>
>>152380849
I feel like editorial is giving both Number One and Amalgam a second, probably last chance to succeed. Not out of the kindness of their hearts but like you said, to try to keep the lineup as full as possible until they can fill 20 up spots again.

After the extra pages Amalgam got didn't seem to help, they probably told the author that that was his last chance, so he's starting the final battle with the final villain now and will probably end Amalgam by the time new series come.

Number One will see how its color pages affect its popularity and if it doesn't help, then it's probably out the door too.
>>
In regard to Samon's rankings, it's just in the same situation Sesuji was in half of 2016 and Soma was in the last 2 months or Gintama has been in for the last 2 years. It's in an unpopular arc. Sesuji and Soma bounced back almost immediately after their arcs ended, and Samon hopefully will too.
>>
>>152379464

I kind of want Golazo to survive because the artist is so fucking passionate about what he's doing. He also has some great art- draws movement and hype scenes very well. The whole thing is leagues better than Spring Weapon, Demon's Plan, and Ibitsu no Amalgam. The only good thing I could say about any of them is that Ibitsu at least has some great art and spread pages. They all feel somewhat soulless and tired, though. "Been there, done that, where's my paycheck please?" types of works.

Wonder if WT is going to enter a Great Hiatus arc or not at this point. It's been a while. Maybe Togaishi will have company.
>>
File: not a loli.png (100KB, 503x487px) Image search: [Google]
not a loli.png
100KB, 503x487px
>Black Clover ranked second

Good shit
>>
>>152381264
>I kind of want Golazo to survive because the artist is so fucking passionate about what he's doing. He also has some great art- draws movement and hype scenes very well. The whole thing is leagues better than Spring Weapon, Demon's Plan, and Ibitsu no Amalgam. The only good thing I could say about any of them is that Ibitsu at least has some great art and spread pages.
My feelings exactly, plus, Banba is easily my favorite new protagonist. Also, on the side of being positive, though I have nothing positive to say about Demon's Plan, I think Spring Weapon is a nice fun little gag series and would be fine seeing it continue, at least for as long as there is other actual trash in the magazine. I think Amalgam would be more at home in Jump SQ where it's all about the art and story is secondary because it is some great art and designs for specific moments.
>>
>>152381427
Kill yourself (though Charmy is great, she hasn't been in the series for a while now)
>>
>>152380493
>and that's said as someone who was unapologetic ally a fan until the current arc

Which is a shame because everything from chapter 22 to the current arc was pretty fucking good, aside from the dialogue, which I'm sure will always be shit unless it comes from Yami or Julius.
>>
>>152381501
Exactly, it was all those side characters and their personalities that was making the series fun and then suddenly all of that gets thrown out the window, the big arc the protagonist is supposed to go through is wiped clean in an instant and all character development and consequences thrown out the window and then he's sidelined from his own series along with all the characters that made it interesting...I'm really not seeing how he's even going to fix the series at this point
>>
File: Liar_profile.png (378KB, 365x475px) Image search: [Google]
Liar_profile.png
378KB, 365x475px
>>152381622
well here's hoping the next arc less like the current one and more like what came before, and also that we never see these LN characters again.

Also I'm awaiting the return of best villain
>>
>>152381118
i thought gintama's generally had good rankings prior to the rankyou arc, it'd be insane if it didnt given that the quality of the shogun assassination and farewell shinsengumi arcs were the best in the series.

gintama is invincinble till it ends on its own terms anyway cause it sells really well both in manga and merch, even the anime which has dropped in sales still is pretty darn good.
>>
>>152381947
Gintama has not mattered in the rankings for a long time because it always goes up and down, I think a lot of people are just disappointed week to week when it's not funny

I think this final arc will read much better in tankobon when the series ends in a couple months...it's just for anyone follow it currently, you wouldn't even know what the series used to be like because it's quite out of character right now, apart from a few golden chapters thrown in here and there like the Taizo, Hata or Tama ones...the actual main cast hasn't been interesting in a while
>>
>>152381027
I think they might be safe regardless. Right now only 17 series are consistently published every week, so they have to keep almost all the current series in order to hit 20 again since they only introduce 2-4 new manga every round.
>>
>>152382393
Well love rush and red sprite got axed, so I think they'll axe it if need to be and they're terrible
>>
Why does people hate Demon's Plan?
>>
>>152381501
>>152381622

>Black Clover
>Good
>Ever

That being said, its continuous shitting the bed has really turned into a torrent of chipotle-induced diarrhea. How it could be up there for any reason beyond editor shenanigans is beyond me.
>>
>>152383439
Dude, every TOC every week is the result of editor manipulation, regardless of what ranks where.
>>
>>152383496
editor manipulation but based off popularity so it's not accurate but it's still not 100% editors choosing the order. The more popular series are usually at the top according to WSJ mangaka that commented on the ToC.
>>
>>152383496

There's manipulation and then there's putting a shit manga up in the top 5 continuously when it clearly doesn't deserve it.

They could put the dancing midgets up there. They could put Salmon up there. Hell, they could just stick one of the new ones up there and hope it catches on.

But Clovershit? Fuck Clovershit.
>>
>>152379014
Jesus Christ that's bizarre. There was a trailer for it and it sounded garbage so I guessed they killed.
>>
>>152383599
They need to force clovershit because it's the closest they may have to a mainstream hit considering it's Naruto.
Like what happened with Toriko and hopefully people will get tired of it.
>>
>>152383599
Black Clover is their biggest thing since Hero Academia, and it's nearing the period where a potential sales boost is at its highest (anime soon), so it's really not surprising they're doing this.
>>
>Neverland jumping in popularity

Good. Now it just needs to stick the landing of the escape.
>>
File: Julius_3.png (182KB, 657x481px) Image search: [Google]
Julius_3.png
182KB, 657x481px
>>152383572
>>152383599
It ain't goin nowhere
>>
>>152383656
The sad part is that they could be promoting Yuuna, but nope.
>>
>>152383599
every ToC thread where BC gets high it's the same shit.

>every series I like that gets high ranking deserves it
>every series I don't like that gets high ranking is 100% editor manipulation

BC gets good sales so your argument that it's not good enough is moot
>>
>>152383707
It's too early for a Yuuna anime, and the series is doomed to not be a worldwide hit due to Viz's licensing policies.
>>
>>152383679
yea, I (>>152383572) said BC isn't up there JUST because of editor manipulation. It's popular enough to deserve to be in top 5.
>>
>Demon's Plan

Hahahaha
>>
>>152383959
I read the first chapter and it seemed really edgy and homoerotic. I take it it's bad?
>>
>>152383656
The sad truth is BC is nowhere near the level of BnHA when its not even have an anime hell even toriko. BC and Ghostits have the same level of popularity but there not even pushing the latter.
>>
>>152383986
Just thinknof every cliche ever and that's Demon Plan.

FT x Naruto
>>
>>152383707
The main promotion for Yuuna goes to the full color chapters in digital WSJ, which Jump promoted in recent chapters. It really should have gotten a cover or lead CP already though
>>
>>152384101
It's near the first anniversary already, so I expect there to be a cover for that at least
>>
Order of highest Jump digital sales:
World's End Harem > Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san > Black Clover / Hinomaru Zumou

WEH has extra pages, with colored ones too in the digital vols
>>
>>152383986
Sasuke rescue arc the manga literally, except with more >WHERES M-MUH BOYFRIEND dialogue
>>
File: 1425747568139.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1425747568139.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>152383656

>Black Clover
>biggest thing since Hero Academia

They were released with in a year of each other.

>>152383723

Please. I don't like Ghost Tits or Zumo, but I can at least see the appeal in them.

BC is just garbage. Flat characters. Flat expressions. Boring designs. Lackluster worldbuilding. Nothing compelling about it. Even when they try and tug at your heartstrings it's boring.

It's just Toriko all over again with tons of promotions and CPs to bump up sales. Except Toriko had a hook with food and over-the-top monster hunting which could have been decent had Shima kept it silly and not tried to make things serious.

Black Clover doesn't even have that. It's just LOLMAGIC and generic fantasy bullshit. Which could have been fine if Tabata was worth anything as a writer. But he's not.
>>
>>152383222
Have you read it or looked at the art? That would answer all your questions
>>
>>152384231
>I don't like Zumo
It definitely deserves its regular high rankings
>>
>>152375592
Erina-sama finds a way.
>>
>>152375668
Its almost like we're back on the right timeline.
>>
So if MHA's shitty spinoff was in SJ instead of SJ, how would it fare against BC?
>>
>>152384374

*instead of MHA
>>
>>152384397
The spinoff is pretty good actually chapters are full of action,strategy and most important of all SoL that MHA barely have.
>>
>>152375455

Based Neverland, can't wait to see the color spread and the WSJ cover. Spoilers when?

Waiting for spoileranon to deliver
>>
>>152384778
It's a pity that MS will take until Sunday or even Monday to translate it though.
>>
Neverland Spoiler:

In the HQ letter, Krone was promoted to the Mama of the fourth farm. The position opened there for unknown reasons and Isabella recommended Krone who was then chosen as suitable. Grandma will pick her up at the Gate, so Isabella tells her to get her baggage. Isabella smiles and tells her to do her best at the new farm, but Krone sees all of this as a trap. The letter seems to be fake and the HQ is planning to deal with Krone as Isabella suggested them too. Before being killed by Mama, she plans to overcome her. Krone gets to the Gate and shows Grandma Ray's note, revealing that a jailbreak is about to happen. But Grandma is uninterested and says that it's not a big deal as long as Isabella handles it. [Looks like that kind of stuff happened quite a few times before e.g. with Isabella herself] Apparently Isabella is more useful to them than Krone is. Krone understands that Grandma and Isabella were working together from the start and Krone never stood a chance against them. A huge Demon Arm reaches out for Krone.
Krone's Memories: Krone drops her pen and picks it up during a lesson. Krone checks out the Gate. There is some mathematic formula written inside the cap of the pen so she hides it in the desk next to her bed. She thinks that she has to defeat Isabella. She remembers the children and hopes they mangae to escape as she'll be killed by the demon in front of her.
The next day, 13:00: The children decide that they may need to escape tomorrow, 4 days ahead.
>>
>>152385355

WEW
E
W

The pace is picking up pretty quick, good choice to have the color spread with this chapter

Thanks anon
>>
>>152385355
What's the point of sending Krone in the first place then?
>>
>>152385355
Source on this?
>>
>>152385611
http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/445307678.html
>>
>>152385355
So we still don't know what Ray's note says.
>>
Sesuji is at the top because a new arc is starting
>>
>>152375455
Anyone surprised how well is doing Neverland? I really like the series, but I never thought it would be the kind of series that have success in Jump.
>>
The new D.Gray-man chapter is 7 PAGES

SEVEN PAGES
>>
>>152385918
HACK
A
C
K

Togashi 2.0.
>>
>>152385918
Source my man
>>
>>152385891
I'm surprised too, it just didn't seem like the kind of thing that the magazine's actual target audience (Japanese boys) would actually like and vote for in the rankings.
>>
>>152385918
I don't know why it still has any fans, it became incomprehensible garbage almost 10 years ago and has only gotten more confusing with each hiatus.
>>
>>152383439
>>152383599
>>152384231
It is similar to how kids these day call mumble music "lit" you might not understand it or see it but Japanese middle schoolers could. Your standards for Jump are dumb it is a crappy kids magazine recycling their golden turd formula that they found success with in the 80s,90s to death I can not wait for One Piece to end so they can get fucked over but also nips aren't making enough babies their demographic is bond to fall to shit one day but there will be more neck beards by then to save it by throwing their mom's money at their next big shit
>>
>>152385918
Pages this year

Hoshino: 7
Togashi: 0
Miura: 0
Ashihara: 0

You should be grateful DGM fans
>>
>>152385988
I stopped being able to comprehend what was going on around the time a level 4 Akuma attacked their base. Also Hoshino has a bad habit of sidelining formerly important but still popular characters for bland new ones.
>>
>>152385110
JB should steal it from them since MS stole Black Clover
>>
>>152385918
she just had a fucking hiatus last issue ffs. 6 months to draw 7 pages.
>>
>>152386096
>You will never have a MMO party with Togashi
>You will never go to Im@s conventions wih Miura (and shit on LL peasant in your way)
>You will never have a tea party with Hoshino and discuss fujo things
>>
>>152387213
>You will never visit Ashihara in the hospital and cheer him up
>>
>>152376773

Its not charity, magazines no longer make actual profit and its a swim or sink on volume sales.

Its unlikely that any series is going to be cancelled before 2 volumes are out and volume sales will dictate their continuation.
>>
>>152376847
Are you saying that Bakuman lied to me?
>>
>>152387406
They mentioned that too.
>>
>>152387406
The rankings they talk about on Bakuman arent the ToC. The ToC is NEVER mentioned to be actual rankings by WSJ but people can see a pattern between placement on the ToC and popularity and survivability of new series.
>>
>>152375455
Why so many oneshots recently
>>
File: Line Sticker.png (132KB, 386x367px)
Line Sticker.png
132KB, 386x367px
>>152380803
>2018
>Gintama has ended
>Saiki Kusuo takes it place, Season 2 is in full swing
>Samon takes SK's place, scans on Chapter 40/110
>Spring Weapon pulls off a miracle takes Salmon's place, scans never
>>
>>152388448
WEW
Poor Saikifag your stale series will be irrelevant for all eternity while Samon gets that anime boost and takes the crown
>>
File: 1484626832983.png (182KB, 339x464px) Image search: [Google]
1484626832983.png
182KB, 339x464px
>>152388497
>implying it will get an anime
>implying it will ever get a boost

I hope so too. Fujita directs or we riot
>>
>>152375455
Look at the state of the magazine with this depressing line up Jump can't come up with any good manga anymore editor in chief needs to get replaced
>>
>>152388810
I bet you only read One Piss and Heroshit
>>
>>152387213
;_;
>>
>>152389054
Those are the best things in the magazine no debate
>>
>>152388810
t.Shogakukan or Kadokawa shill
>>
>>152375455
>Souma

What happened? Did Erina appear in this chapter?
>>
File: 1443051729048.gif (491KB, 320x242px) Image search: [Google]
1443051729048.gif
491KB, 320x242px
>>152375592
>11 Demon's Plan c.1
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>152383222
What I hate is that it squanders a premise that should at the very least be entertaining.
>>
>>152385355
Niggamama no ;_;
>>
>>152385355
The keikakus pile on.
>Krone was promoted to the Mama of the fourth farm
Called it.
She's gonna be missed. She didn't deserve to be killed
>>
>>152383222
MC is a manlet
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 1122x1230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1122x1230px
>>152390561
Truly a cherished woman
>>
>>152380851
and? Kagamigami got multiple cp and so did Gakkyuu Hotei despite their terrible rankings

where are they now?
>>
This has to be the worst time for Jump since the end of Dragonball, YYH and Slam Dunk. Only 3 series selling 500k+ per volume (MHA, Haikyuu, One Piece). Even though i love Samon, Sumon and Dance Midgets, i would've moved them to Jump SQ or Jump+ a long time ago. They are just wasting space for potential hits.
For now i could see Neverland becoming a hit and Kimetsu no Yaiba keeps increasing with every volume so it has a good chance to reach WT territory. I don't see BC selling more than 400k with an anime unless the fujo audience really jumps on it,
TLDR; Jump is dead.
>>
>>152391341
BC has no fujo potential
>>
>>152391341
>unless the fujo audience really jumps on it,
Now I know what /a/'s excuse will be if BC sells really well after an anime.
>>
>>152391341
Meant Samon, Zumou and Dance Midgets

>>152391374
Agreed but if the author focuses more on the relationship of the two rivals and introduces more fujo characters it could happen. As of how BC is now, i dont really see it happen either.
>>
>>152390911
In my heart
>>
>>152391629
Kagamigami could have been cool but the editor turned it into generic battle shonenshit
>>
>>152391341
No Jump series now a days have a big female following other than Haikyuu. Too many series getting the ax before they are really have a chance. They need to get more series published in Akamaru Jump and then having the most popular have a non ax rule till it hits it big.
Bleach should have stayed around longer. Bleach fans could have endured a couple more years of it.
>>
>>152391872
Kimetsu will probably have more female fans than male
>>
>>152391872
isnt world trigger's fanbase like mostly women.
>>
>>152391872
It's the bleach curse, no series that started after it has survived.
>>
>>152391687
it was a generic battle shonen from chapter 1

every single manga that Iwashiro wrote for jump is a generic battle shonen

the problem isn't the editors, it's him
>>
>>152391341
Wasn't Demon plan made just to appease fujo's?
>>
>>152391872
I'm pretty sure WT has a fairly big female following
>>
>>152391519
What is even a fujo character? Anyone attractive?
>>
>>152391977
What happened to all that detective stuff then
>>
>>152391944
tbf, Red Sprite, Love Rush, Amalgam, Spring Weapon, Demon's Plan and Ole Golazo deserve to be axed

let's wait until they put out something that's not rookies' trash
>>
>>152391944
What is Promised Neverland
>>
>>152392032
what detective stuff? the detective girl had hax magic power

and they took down the villain by beating him up
>>
>>152375455
When will we get the actual cover?
>>
>>152392040
Golazo is waaay better than those
>>
>>152391944
you realize that only 2-3 new series even last a year on average of the dozen plus that get introduced each year?

it's not even 5 months since Bleach ended, so there's no statistical anomaly yet.
>>
>>152391446
Only kids will buy this garbage. Adults seem to hate it.

>>152391872
Gintama audience is mostly female. Over half of OP readers are female in Japan. WT fans on twitter are mostly female.

>>152392007
Look at Haikyu, Prince of Tennis or Kurobas characters.
>>
>>152379014
What channel was it?
>>
>>152392124
>Only kids will buy this garbage. Adults seem to hate it.
makes sense why /a/ likes it
>>
>>152392078
it's drawn better but the story is as generic of a sport manga as they come imo
>>
>>152392065
Started 2 weeks or so before bleach ended so doesn't count.
>>
What the fuck is "dancing midgets"?
>>
>>152384149
Wait your telling me dumpy actually sells well digitally, yes fuck yes
>>
>>152392276
>>
>>152392276
Sesuji wo Pin, the cutest manga on Jump right now.
>>
>>152375455
>>152377223
>>152377348
> Neverland encroaching on 3rd place territory after barely 20 chapters

the thought that something might knock the piece of shit that is BC down a spot or two makes my dick hard.
>>
>>152392007
Any male character with female fans. Fujo means anyone with a vagina now for some reasons
>>
>>152391918
>>152392002
>>152392124
>World Trigger
Keep forgetting this exists. I wouldn't count OP, its still half and half.

>>152391917
Maybe you're right.
>>
>>152392521
I wonder how it may affect hxh threads if Hunter will be off its hiatus for the foreseeable future.

YoI and that BnHA poll truly ruined everything and made anons almost irrational paranoid.
>>
>>152383222
>>152384263
Demon's Plan isn't really BAD.

It's just the most generic shounen imaginable.

Like, it's literally a "how to" on shounen with how much it hits every checkbox.

It's extremely cliche, but honestly I kinda like it, if only for what it is as this generic blob of a shounen.
>>
>>152392359
Like the editors will let that happen they'll bite it off and flip you over the second they run the daily train on Tabata's ass
>>
>>152375455
So, which one has the biggest chance of getting an anime?

I'd go with Hinomaru.
>>
>>152395077
Sumo and Samon.
>>
>>152395077
Yuna > Sumo > Samon > Yaiba > Isobe > > > > > > Ole Golazo > > > Midgets
>>
>>152395240
Psyren anime never
>>
>>152395077
At this point I'd say Zumou as the rest don't have sufficient chapters to properly do it whereas Zumou has way over two cours worth
>>
>>152393662
Nah, it's bad. Even if you accept that it's operating on a familiar premise (most of these series are), it's got bad, inconsistent art, the fights are boring, the characters are uninteresting, the setting is an incoherent mishmash, and the story is bland and unexciting. It doesn't do anything well.
>>
>>152395240
Midgets has a small window, and it's heavily dependent on Ballroom's success. I think it has enough material for a 2 cour. Barely though.
>>
>>152385680
We just know that
>it's evidence of an escape
>something related to Isabella as confirmed by documents Krone brought with her
>It's a mystery why Ray knows about whatever it is
>Even more of a mystery is that Isabella who Ray likely learnt it from, shouldn't or wouldn't have been able to know about it
Long read
My crack theory is that the note is related to William Minerva, which is how Ray knows about it throug morse code, but Isabella doesn't actually know about it. Mama's full name is Isabella Minerva since she was born in 2014, 1 year before the demons took over and William is her father. Since when the farms started, they probably used babies born in 2014 and filed documents of their background including last names and parental tree. My theory is that Ray stated that Mama is working together with her father William Minerva to plan a jail break for the kids. And Minerva is a wanted criminal who's rising a human resistance group called "The Promised Neverland" trying to end human farming, Krone went through Isabella's background documents to confirm the two were related and the reason Krone doesn't understand why Isabella knows, is the resistance group started some time after Isabella already became the mama of plant 3 and only those back at the demon facility would've heard about Minerva's resistance group.
>>
>>152392040
>and ole golazo

are you serious? that shit is the best recent new series right now
>>
>>152387284
The last two series in WSJ were cancelled before the first volume was out
>>
>>152395647
Sounds neat, post it in the Neverland thread.
>>
>>152388229
World Trigger
>>
>>152375592
>07 Sesuji wo Pin! to c.76
Live, damn it
LIVE
>>
>>152395077
short term, sumo is most likely, in the long term a ghost tits adaptation is inevitable, but probably not until 2018
>>
>>152392339
>not Kimetsu no Yaiba
Sesuji is close but it's focused a lot on the older dancers for a while
>>
>>152396072
nothing cute about bloody demon murder
>>
>>152393662
Look, I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt too but seven chapters in, if you can't see that it's pure garbage, there's something wrong with you. The premise was already terrible, the art has some major flaws and then the characterization just confirms it has nothing going for it. You can be generic and still be fun with good characters (see, Black Clover when Julius or Yami or involved), but Demon's Plan doesn't have a single good character
>>
>>152395816
>in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

best of trash is still trash
>>
File: 1484593847128.jpg (874KB, 1000x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1484593847128.jpg
874KB, 1000x1221px
>>152396119
How's about all the fucking characters?
>>
File: kimetsunoyaiba.jpg (225KB, 959x1400px) Image search: [Google]
kimetsunoyaiba.jpg
225KB, 959x1400px
>>152396119
What?
>>
>>152396164
Yami and Julius were introduced after 30 chapters
>>
>>152396603
Besides the fact that Yami was introduced in Chapter 1 and has been a main character ever since, I was just listing the two most popular examples, there were other fun characters in the beginning like Magna Swing
>>
File: CxYhQTpUUAAYo9i.png (147KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
CxYhQTpUUAAYo9i.png
147KB, 568x800px
>>152396119
>>
>>152391341
BNHA is not selling 500k+

It disappears at 400k
>>
File: 0020-019.jpg (397KB, 1096x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0020-019.jpg
397KB, 1096x1600px
Sesuji is the cutest
>>
File: 1459960728816.jpg (127KB, 734x810px)
1459960728816.jpg
127KB, 734x810px
>>152396497
>>152396849
Sesuji and Kimetsu are both cute. Nezuko and Watari are miracles of the universe.
>>
>>152396845
Just because it isn't in the top 50 every week doesn't mean it magically stops selling

僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 2016/11
*518990.5 (*73 days)(「435,971」・18122.5・16745・9928・10100・9922・11035・7167)
>>
File: pigassault.jpg (203KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
pigassault.jpg
203KB, 466x492px
>>152396849
It's very cute, but what you posted was well over a year ago, they've matured a lot since then...all I'm saying is if you like cutenss, give Kimetsu a try
>>
>>152397093
Well Kimetsu is in edge mode right now, so you should wait until later
>>
>>152396845
>Sales just stop

Are you retarded? Learn how sales work.
>>
File: kimetsu.jpg (381KB, 651x610px) Image search: [Google]
kimetsu.jpg
381KB, 651x610px
>>152397135
Well, the cuteness where you wouldn't expect it is a big part of what makes the characters so awesome, after that, you read it for the story...like Nezuko is cute so when Tanjiro has to save her last chapter, it gets you really invested

It has what an unfortunate number of the other series in Jump don't, which is characters you can care about
>>
>>152397310
I like how everyone else has a crow but only Zenitsu has a cute sparrow.
>>
>>152397310
A cute!
>>
I think Amalgam will definitely end next week
>>
Anniversaries next month

2/8 World Trigger (4 years)
2/8 Yuragi (1 year)
2/15 Kimetsu (1 year)
2/16 Black Clover (2 years)
2/20 Haikyuu (5 years)

Does that mean no new series next month
>>
File: Shinobu.png (724KB, 800x600px)
Shinobu.png
724KB, 800x600px
Glad to see Kimetsu no Yaiba is doing well, all the girls are top-tier
>>
>>152399590
WT and Haikyuu didn't get a cover
Clover's anniversary cover was in March

Who knows
>>
>>152399694
WT dosen't normally celebrate it's anniversary until summer.
>>
>>152399590
It doesn't have to get the cover just for an anniversary so they will get color page and the new series will go through.
>>
>>152399590
Everything is so young, even the older things.
>>
>>152399778
Well Yuragi and Kimetsu will probably get one next in the next 2 months. Even Samon and Sesuji got one
>>
>>152399757
WT color pages always look the same so no one will notice
>>
>>152396242
>>152396497
>>152396797
don't make me post spiderweb.jpg
>>
>>152400060
That's because it's a motif
>>
>>152400093
It's boring though. He could at least draw the characters in different poses or angles
>>
I hope Demon plan can survive. The world is interesting, I just wish the author could write.
>>
>>152400280
nah
>>
>>152400167
The poses are different since the group is always holding different things.

Different angles would actually be pretty counterintuitive to the motif intention of showing the passage of time. The frontal view each time clearly shows how each character has changed from point to point in the story.
>>
>>152400280
Does not deserve a spot in Jump, he can experiment somewhere else.
>>
File: 1370342138069.gif (932KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1370342138069.gif
932KB, 245x150px
>Poor Man's Naruto Clover still not canned

I mean I know nips have abysmal taste but cmon, this is unreal.
>>
>>152400508
>they're loving the current arc which is horrible even by this manga standard

fucking baffling
>>
>>152400508
Not only is it not getting canned, it's getting super heavily promoted with the anime.
>>
>>152400508
Got a milli last year and an anime this year shit won't stop anytime soon
>>
>>152390911
Those were different situations, they got good ranks initially and that's when Jump gave them color pages. After they plummeted, neither got any more. Number One is getting one despite not ranking well ever.
>>
>>152399835
Samon actually didn't get an anniversary cover, it got its second cover on its 24th chapter but not on its anniversary.
>>
>>152401261
no, kagamigami got color pages even after it started ranking dead last
>>
I predict only Amalgam will die this round. And since Red Sprite and World Trigger never got any permanent replacements, just one-shots, that will leave 3 open spots for 3 new series, nothing more than Amalgam needs to die.
>>
>>152401613
You're right, maybe an attempt by Jump to recover its initial success? Since the meetings where they decide what to cancel and what to promote are every few months, maybe it was given when Kagamigami wasn't at the bottom yet?
>>
>>152401874
They should just livestream their meetings then we don't have to speculate anymore
>>
>>152401874
I dunno about Kagamigami

Spring Weapon CP imo is because they want to look fair

they gave Amalgam special treatment with the extra pages 2 weeks ago so they have no reason not to push SW#1 too
>>
>>152402014
But it's still kind of not fair, color pages are way better to attract attention than extra pages.
>>
File: wat.png (268KB, 319x584px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
268KB, 319x584px
>>152399643
wat
>>
>>152375455
RIP Amalgam
>>
Fire Punch is so good
>>
>>152403323
oh dear
>>
>>152392235
Tbf at least its generic in where its trying to make slam dunk again rather than copying the current formula for success sports series like knb, haikuu, and prince of tennis used
>>
What do I search on desu/fireden to find the Viz translations of BnH chapters?
>>
>>152403580
>>152403323
Maybe it's a kneehand.
>>
>>152404109
Did you read Haikyuu?
>>
>>152404520
Not completely but in retrospect it was a little bit of a mistake to try and lump in those 3 together

But my point still stands the golazo is to recreate what Slam Dunk had albeit more on a superficial level so far rather than the follow current formula to a t that whether intentional or not seems to be part of almost every series
>>
>>152403323
Seems to me like she is leaning forward while kneeling that's why her arm looks long, this artist has a noodle style too

Still less offensive that whatever Clamp would put out
>>
>>152405510
her posture doesn't look like she's leaning. just think gotouge is a little iffy as an artist. it's only a sketch so it's not like it matters
>>
>>152403323
Can someone explain this to me? I don't get it, is the problem that you don't see the definition of elbow?
>>
File: Aivl6ui.jpg (467KB, 1685x1188px)
Aivl6ui.jpg
467KB, 1685x1188px
Hey, does anyone know if they key labeling the characters to the two Murata posters are online anywhere? I own the fortieth anniversary issue of Jump but for some reason it only has the left half of each poster and the key for those halves only but most of the characters I couldn't identify were on the right half
>>
This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

03. Ao no Exorcist #18 (65,625 / 414,420)
06. Shokugeki no Souma #22 (52,493 / 337,661)
09. Owari no Seraph #13 (44,335 / 283,948)
11. Gintama #67 (34,520 / 236,871)
21. Toriko #43 (23,733 / 204,038)
24. Shuumatsu no Harem #2 (21,663 / 125,207)
27. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #20 (18,793 / 104,322)
32. One Punch-man #12 (17,467 / 734,918)
37. Haikyuu!! #24 (14,811 / 771,625)
38. One Piece #83 (14,681 / 2,589,462)
41. Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8 Jojolion #14 (13,751 / 313,295)
>>
File: BtXNMi6CIAAZSko.jpg (140KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
BtXNMi6CIAAZSko.jpg
140KB, 600x669px
>>152375455
I don't know if it's appropriate to post this here because it's over but Eyeshield 21 (had?) is having it's anniversary and Murata just posted a lot of art from it. I could post some of it if you want
>>
>>152405829
One Punch Man isn't apart of Jump so you don't have to post it here
>>
>>152406327
It's printed under Jump Comics just like WSJ titles for some reason
>>
>>152406327
Neither is JoJolion or any of the Jump+ or Jump SQ stuff if you want to be pedantic

It's all published under Jump Comics though
>>
>>152406437
Well ok then
>>152406467
I wasn't trying to be rude to him
>>
>>152406239
go on
>>
File: Btjo1GVCEAEgwaW.jpg (138KB, 600x677px)
Btjo1GVCEAEgwaW.jpg
138KB, 600x677px
>>152406703
>>
File: C2a_GhPUAAAUbwn.jpg (85KB, 578x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2a_GhPUAAAUbwn.jpg
85KB, 578x1200px
>>152406873
>>
File: C2dk6vTVIAAzYFT.jpg (315KB, 1200x838px) Image search: [Google]
C2dk6vTVIAAzYFT.jpg
315KB, 1200x838px
>>152406916
>>
File: BtbFFYGCMAArnfM.jpg (128KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
BtbFFYGCMAArnfM.jpg
128KB, 600x671px
>>152406953
>>
>>152406953
That looks so much better than OPM
>>
File: BtZDiAaCcAAh7rc.jpg (147KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
BtZDiAaCcAAh7rc.jpg
147KB, 600x676px
>>152407002
>>
File: BtYcB_3CIAAZn77.jpg (127KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
BtYcB_3CIAAZn77.jpg
127KB, 600x680px
>>152407048
>>
File: BtXxZQKCIAA5m4C.jpg (131KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
BtXxZQKCIAA5m4C.jpg
131KB, 600x669px
>>152407091
>>
File: C2SVniRUkAEecuc.jpg (213KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2SVniRUkAEecuc.jpg
213KB, 900x1200px
>>152407130
>>
File: C2RIhvtVIAAvMbj.jpg (106KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
C2RIhvtVIAAvMbj.jpg
106KB, 600x675px
>>152407169
Shin the beast
>>
File: C1-EHWyUkAE-1Gm.jpg (315KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1-EHWyUkAE-1Gm.jpg
315KB, 837x1200px
>>152407203
>>
File: C2Aw80XUAAAZyLT.jpg (327KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2Aw80XUAAAZyLT.jpg
327KB, 826x1200px
>>152407264
>>
File: C2DZjT0UkAAh1xN.jpg (60KB, 564x411px) Image search: [Google]
C2DZjT0UkAAh1xN.jpg
60KB, 564x411px
>>152407297
>>
>>152407354
Did he actually post a spanish page on his twitter or what
>>
File: C1e9BaaUkAAo3ZG.jpg (180KB, 1200x826px) Image search: [Google]
C1e9BaaUkAAo3ZG.jpg
180KB, 1200x826px
>>152407354
And that's all for now. But there's still more that I haven't posted on his twitter
>>152407392
Yes
>>
>>152407424
good for the spic who translated it
>>
File: 1449414989021.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1449414989021.gif
1MB, 371x209px
What the fuck have they done to World Trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcHdhHHt8as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBVwQvbMe5g
>>
>>152408351
>still shot
>still shot
>still shot
>still shot
>still shot
>cgi abomination

never change toei
>>
>>152392156
Primo TV

>>152408351
At least OSAHmu is trying. Yuma sounds bored out of his mind.
>>
>>152407392
That's french, not spanish.
>>
File: despair.png (551KB, 669x1003px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
551KB, 669x1003px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhsfNsLmb-I

>they dubbed the OP too
>>
>>152408351
Seems like a standard, slightly shitty dub. I don't get what's supposed to be so bad about it.
>>
>>152409041
Yuma is supposed to be detached/unemotional, though
>>
>>152398600
>>
>>152408351
It's not that bad
>>
>>152409567
He's pragmatic and same face-y, but he isn't unemotional.

Maybe the parts where he tries to learn how to be Japanese sound a little better.
>>
>>152409452
im goign to kill myslef
>>
>>152409452
I am literally hoping is just the shitty quality but it sounds worse than a fandub
>>
>>152409579
YES! All is right with the world
>>
>>152409579
>Gozalo
Heh. Thanks OP or whoever you are
>>
>>152409579
Cool, thanks to the anon doing this. Hanamori a cute.
>>
>>152400508
It sold 1.3 million volumes this past year without an anime, which, while not great (BnHA sold 2.1 million volumes in 2015 without an anime), is decent enough to warrant keeping it around.
>>
>>152411528
Decent enough is relative, in this age of Jump it's one of the better selling series. we're gonna be stuck with it for a long time.
>>
File: Yami gets ready to pop off.png (435KB, 861x722px) Image search: [Google]
Yami gets ready to pop off.png
435KB, 861x722px
>>152411733
Good
>>
Jump is dead
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.