[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anime gotten worse or have I grown jaded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: anime_then_anime_now.jpg (58KB, 962x363px) Image search: [Google]
anime_then_anime_now.jpg
58KB, 962x363px
Has anime gotten worse or have I grown jaded?
>>
It's just that dark action doesn't sell anymore unless you manage to get fujos interested like with Psychopass.
>>
>>152330739
what appealed to fujos in psychopass?
>>
nah. it's still good, but you just gotta wade through more shit. And Akira sucked balls.
>>
It's a combination of legitimate change in the industry and what is popular now vs then, nostalgia goggles, survival filter and taste
>>
>>152330770
The character designer. Akira Amano is great at making pretty boys, just look at Katekyo Hitman Reborn and its fanbase.
>>
>>152330770
The guys, fujo love characters like Kougami and Makishima and adult, handsome guys with a past in general. It's similar with Tiger and Bunny.
>>
>>152330661
>Now
Kanon was 11 years ago.

>Has anime gotten worse or have I grown jaded?
Top-tier animes of their year differs from anime of past years.
If you've not liked anything for a while now then perhaps you are looking for a particular something that isn't explored in anime these days, or you now lack the ability to appreciate things.
>>
File: 67757557577478.png (69KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
67757557577478.png
69KB, 1500x843px
Direction of anime and audiences have shifted outside your tastes.

I miss the campy 80s-90s sci-fi cyberpunk shows that became the inspiration for blade and the matrix and kill bill. The shows were in turn an inspiration from 80s action movies like blade runner and total recall.

Nowadays the west takes no inspiration from anime and the anime industry is just thinly veiled pedophilia
>>
Anime took a massive dive in overall quality in 2008-9 and hasn't recovered yet

also akira was never good
>>
>>152331894
Actually it still does, it's just now we get sucker punch and pacific rim
>>
>>152331894
>Nowadays the west takes no inspiration from anime
>>
>>152331434
>11 years ago
15 if you want to go by the original.
>>
>>152330661
Only in movies sometimes we see good plot.
>>
>>152332033
I wouldn't wonder if there were a shit ton of stolen manga plots in Hollywood movies. Anime and manga are way too much of a subtype of media to make normalfags realise that something was stolen and Hollywood will always win against some random mangaka.
>>
>>152332014
Sucker Punch was good though.
>>
>>152333971
nolan was really open about his inspiration and I'm sure 99% of people that watched don't know about it so someone that actually tries to hide that they're stealing is almost assured of getting away with it
>>
Anime has just become to incestuous.

Instead of taking inspiration from literature, film, real life, etc, anime just takes inspiration from other anime.

Most shows simply feel flatter because characters are distilled down to the bare archetypes since that's what the Otaku guzzle down.
>>
>>152334744
Some of the "fujo" anime seem to be way more diverse in that regard, they also have more often settings or themes other anime from nowadays never touch. Not saying that fujos have a better taste, but many of the better anime happen to contain guys or plot points that alure fujos for whatever reason.
I would want to know how many of those who watch non-otaku anime are actually fujos. /a/ always attributes everything to them but I'd be surprised if stuff like TaB, Rakugo, Psychopass, Ristorante Paradiso or 91 Days or whatever wasn't watched by males as well. It's just that fujos are the loudest fans and those who create fanart, which make it seem like they're the only one watching "non-otaku" anime.
>>
Anime was never good, according to Miyazaki.
>>
>>152335187
Not even his own?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.