[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime gets a bad rap. We all know this. However, is its bad rap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: newsletter-naruto3.png (457KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
newsletter-naruto3.png
457KB, 500x583px
Anime gets a bad rap. We all know this. However, is its bad rap deserved? Do people just talk shit without really understanding the medium?

What does /a/ make of it?
>>
As someone who just returned to this board years later, totally justified.
>>
>>152315553

More like the fanbase went to hell more so than the entertainment they consume. Granted most anime is shit, but "good" anime is irreplaceable.
>>
>>152315608
Can't argue with that. You make a good point.
>>
It's just a legalish way to enjoy highly sexualized children. Which is fine.
>>
>The only way a show sells is through being sexualized fanservice trash

Bad rap is deserved.
>>
>>152315701
Reread that post and then kill yourself.
>>
>>152316072
No, you do so. It's just pandering to all of our needs to feel close both emotionally and sexually to barely pubescent and often prepubescent girls.
>>
>>152316253

>all our

You don't speak of the true /a/ collective. We desire to impregnate babies that are still in utero. I suggest you get it right next time senpai.
>>
>>152315508
>Anime gets a bad rap
By who exactly?

>However, is its bad rap deserved?
What bad rap? Who are these people, and what are they saying? In real life? On the internet?

>Do people just talk shit without really understanding the medium?
I think most people who don't understand a medium will shit on it for some reason or another.
>>
In a lot of ways the bad rap is deserved, most western exposure to anime is through modern otaku-bait.

Pre Otaku (1940-1970) and oldschool otaku (1979-1999) anime has plenty of popular gems (and many hidden gems)

The modern otaku era (2000-ongoing) has plenty of good shows, even some masterpieces, but most of the popular stuff is fucking awful, like what the OP posted.

There is hope though, the average show in 2017 is far better than the average show in 2009
>>
>>152316317
We all know dfc, lolita and other shit is just codewords for us to get the content that really gets us off. Anime producers know this and they provide. I don't mind, it's fun actually. Getting a real kid takes a long drive and lots of time involved. Sometimes you just want to get your fix from the laziness of your couch.
>>
>>152315508
It's deserved in the west from all the loud obnoxious weeaboos there are. I'd never admit I watch anime to other people unless I'm friends with them, and even then.
>>
>>152316375
Anime has a bad rap even in Japan. You just lack awareness.
>>
It's wildly creative with some good character arcs and great character designs, but it's also responsible for the influx of mainstream anime fans. I'm not one of those tards that thinks something become mainstream means it becomes awful, but in this case it means actual discussion quality is diminished.
>>
>>152316662
Wait are you talking about Naruto?

Bro I'm sorry but even lifetime fans got sick of it by the end
>>
>>152316727
I'm not saying that it didn't drag on too long (most shows tend to). What I'm saying is just because it gained mainstream popularity doesn't mean the whole thing is automatically shit.
>>
>>152316572
Anime a little (not as much today) but manga is completely normal.

So the 'anime style' is not something the common Japanese scoffs at, unlike in the West.
>>
>>152316784
True, Naruto's flaws do not directly stem from the popularity.

>>152316793
Manga has a much longer and respectable history.
>>
>>152316572
I just want you to be more specific. I know it get's a bad rap from some people, but I wanted you to specify from who exactly. I've never experience someone shitting on anime in my face unless its on the internet. Most people I know would just go "Oh is that Naruto?" and that's it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.