[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a better villain than Dante?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Father1.JPG.jpg (52KB, 730x716px) Image search: [Google]
Father1.JPG.jpg
52KB, 730x716px
Was he a better villain than Dante?
>>
File: Vergil.png (3MB, 2616x3073px) Image search: [Google]
Vergil.png
3MB, 2616x3073px
Vergil
>>
>>152263999
Yes.

He's still bland but Dante is a special level of terrible
>>
>Dante
who?
>>
>>152263999
dante wasn't really a villain tho well at least compared to father
>>
>>152265199
from the devil may cry series
>>
>>152265199
I think they mean the one from the 2003 anime.
>>
>>152265199
Dante's Inferno.
>>
File: Homuncurus.jpg (22KB, 590x405px) Image search: [Google]
Homuncurus.jpg
22KB, 590x405px
>>152263999
Definetely.

It still baffles me that a lot of posters on /a/ don't understand Father. I never watched the anime so I wonder if it skips some part of his characterization?
>>
>>152263999
I enjoyed Bradley more. The Father felt incomplete.
>>
>>152265425
He didn't feel incomplete. They were slowly coming to the realization that their country had some bloody situations, and the places where they occurred showed a transmutation circle. Hoenheim was trying to reverse it because he knew what was going on. I still don't why he gave half of the souls to him.
>>
>>152265478
He was his buddy. You gotta share with your friends.
>>
While I don't think Dante was a good villan, I like what they did with the subtext of her name and role in the story.

Plus I just think a scorned woman who became a bitter bitch is a more believable character or at least interesting than father. His introduction and back story were done better though
>>
>>152265425
Bradley was simply too awesome. That didn't made Father a bad villain.
>>152265478
Probably didn't want to felt indebt. His strongest vice was pride after all. Also he was actually fond of Hoenheim to some degree, look at how he seem overjoyed discovering Ed and Al being Ho's son, even before he became intrigrued how Ho was still able to reproduced.
>>
>>152265425
Agreed. He, Lust or Pride should have been the main antagonist.
>>
>>152263999
Chrazy?
>>
>>152264216
>>152265250
>>152265298
>>152266630
You have to go back
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.