[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Ergo Proxy /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What did you think of Ergo Proxy /a/?
>>
>>152233749
not as good as Lain or Tex but still one of the better shows in that vein, gameshow and lake episodes were pure kino

it did commit the sin of pretensiousness - naming the 4 AIs after modern Western philosophers just to namedrop them was absurd
>>
I didn't find it as pretentious as everyone is making it out to be. It basically explains all the references at the end of each episode.
>>
meaningless difficulty
set change
>>
File: 1452370541001.jpg (10KB, 322x256px) Image search: [Google]
1452370541001.jpg
10KB, 322x256px
One of the greatest episodes are when they stranded with no wind.
Everything else was medicore up to cringy pretentious bullshit.
And the "humans" that were left on earth were creepy as fuck
>>
It was pretty good, but too pretentious and self-important at times
>>
>>152233749
It didn't really have a Raison d'Être
>>
Pretty good. It failed in many aspects, but it was an admirable attempt.
>>
>>152233749
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>152233749
Why did she take so much eyeliner on an adventure? At first I thought it was either a mistake of continuing a character design when it should have been changed, or that it wasn't make-up at all but either tattoos or nanobots or something. But no, there's a scene later with her putting it on. I cannot begin to understand how such an idea would survive in an intelligent being's brain.

Other than that, >>152234478 or >>152234783 have it right. It was a good attempt at asking some interesting questions, but it was needlessly greybrown and full of itself. Philosophical fiction needs to have re-run value or you'll never get the most out of it, and Ergo Proxy is just a slog to get through at times.
>>
>>152233749

this anime, on paper, should be one of my favorites.

but all the parts did not come together well.
>Vincent Law a shit
>Ergo Proxy himself is a flat being, pre-cooked lines.
>the renegade humans were conceptually cool, but they really had it bad.
>odd western religious themes thru anime eyes.
>that council was the forecast to Seikou Boys. no wonder i found them off-putting

my 2 lousy cents. i saw the anime 7 years ago, my memory may be off...
>>
File: 1483339176500.gif (78KB, 342x850px) Image search: [Google]
1483339176500.gif
78KB, 342x850px
>>152236536
>>
I wouldn't change a thing, 10/10
>>
someone post the image
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.