[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the RE: adaption save the anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: kaneki.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
kaneki.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
Can the RE: adaption save the anime?
>>
>>152200553
No, the anime is dead and thank God for that
>>
>>152200553
this became unreadable at the start of RE. the original ending with Kaneki dying was perfect.
>>
RE was pretty bad to begin with, got a lot better though.
>>
>>152200691
>Kaneki dying
Thanks for the spoiler box, dude.
;_;
>>
>>152200691
RE is fucking garbage the first 40 or so chapters and then gets decent
>>
>>152201353
I think it's the other way around. The first 50-odd chapters with Kaneki as Haise were a decent slow burn to the eventual collapse of the facade and Kaneki emerging again. Then it was fantastic for the first few chapters after Kaneki's return, then it started to slowly spiral into disarray after Eto got taken care of.
>>
>>152201353
>>152201870
It was trash from the start. It could've been better if Ishida didn't decide to pace it all weird and had put the flashbacks at more reasonable places.

The initial chapters should've revealed why Kaneki would work for CCG.

Haise returning to Kaneki but not Kaneki was a complete fucking joke, not to mention Ishida just started killing everyone left and right at random.

The Q's were underdeveloped and are still horrendously written.

Amon being baited the whole series to just die and if he didn't, then it's MORE Amon bait. It's bad enough it's been going on for this long with Hide.

Point is :RE would be better if we started with the Q's and fleshed ALL of them out real well. Then we find out they were based off Kaneki who is in an elite squad with Arima. They suspect the innerworkings of CCG are fucked when they find Amon. Then we go from there, tons of factions all vying for their own goals (CCG/V, Clowns, Eto, Arima/Kaneki)
>>
>>152200553
He really is the Tokyo Ghoul.
>>
>>152200553
:re is trash now. Anything after the Tsukiyama arc is just plain shit. Should have stopped after the original.
>>
>>152201870
>>152205591
These are more or less the perfect answer. The Tsukiyama arc was the climax of Ishida's writing. As another anon pointed out before, Ishida seemed heavily inspired (even more so during the Tsukiyama arc) and it was demonstrable in his writing. :re was a roller coast. There used to be 5+ topics based purely on spoilers (triggering some anons about "muh generals") Shit was hype as fuck and there was loads of theory crafting and speculation. Quality started to go down just a tad after the Tsukiyama arc, but it still felt like TG. It just felt like Ishida was rushing. But once the Cochlea arc hit, this no longer felt like the Ishida I respected and supported's manga. Shit became Neo-Bleach, and that isn't an exaggeration. I don't know whether it was because he was extremely eager to do it or that he was rushing, but it was incredibly sloppy.

New arc is beginning rather smoothly and it feels like :re is picking up again. Hopefully Ishida maintains the momentum.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n8fj57gfE81r5g0xf.gif (991KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n8fj57gfE81r5g0xf.gif
991KB, 500x375px
>>152205502
>>
>>152206759
I love tokyo ghoul but the fact that lol nobody died happened made me a bit mad
>>
File: kek_logo.jpg (8KB, 241x161px) Image search: [Google]
kek_logo.jpg
8KB, 241x161px
>>152200553
>RE: [whatever]
>saving anything
>>
File: The saints.jpg (406KB, 640x837px) Image search: [Google]
The saints.jpg
406KB, 640x837px
>>152200553
The original manga with that kick in the balls ending could have been way better than the shit we got.
Atleast we got nice art and stuff.
>>
>>152200553
No. Re: is shit and that alpha alternative route was shit too. But for their merit they were different kind of shit.
>>
>>152200553
no
anime adaptions ruin can only ever make things seem worse
>>
>>152200553

If it were animated by Madhouse, then Yes.

With the Direction Parasyte got, it would be better than Season 1 and Root A.
>>
>>152200553
This kind of edgy garbage should never be adapted into anime since it just attracts cancerous underagefags
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.