[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Erased isn't innocent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6057.jpg (152KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6057.jpg
152KB, 640x960px
This series basically just makes fun of anybody who doesn't have any friends. It's obvious because it rubs it in your face at the end and he still ends up with a decent job and an implied girlfriend.
>>
>>152175609
Did someone have a rough childhood?
>>
>>152175609
i think it highlights the importance of having real friends more than it makes fun of those without friends. In the end, all of his friends are there for him and believe in him l, despite his years of absence. that's the importance of it all, he developed the friendships that last a lifetime, which he seemingly failed to do originally. regardless, i enjoyed watching it.
>>
>>152175609
remember this comes from japan which considers people who fail at life for any reason living garbage and actively WANTS them to kill themselves

it's natural an anime about depression would be like this
>>
>>152175953
Yea but those kinds of friends are impossible to obtain and it makes it out to be believable that anybody can have friends like that and an entire group of them at that.
>>
>>152176051
Fair point. I wouldn't say that it's unachievable, but it is a fairly rare occurrence to develop such a strong bond of friendship across a large group. I guess that's supposed to demonstrate further how special their friendship is, or something. all of this aside, it is still a work of fiction. although it has real life values and morals, it's a story that somebody made up. it cannot always apply to reality.
>>
>>152176235
What morals though? I didn't learn anything from this series except for the fact that I'll never have a group of friends that care for me and me for them like he does. It's all just depressing and sad when you think about it.
>>
>>152175953
You can also highlight how important it is to have millions of dollars but that doesn't mean it's possible for everyone.
>>
>>152176409
i'm sorry that that's all you took away from it, but i found the bond between the characters believable and heart warming. Satoru went to, at times, extreme measures and put himself in danger in order to protect his friends. There's a few solid themes in this anime, so friendship isn't necessarily the only thing to find in terms of content. You sound like you're letting your own experiences prevent you from fully enjoying this.
>>
>>152176606
The themes in this anime aren't very strong or well executed in my opinion and the friendship in the anime was just overwhelming and it honestly made me and I'd assume a lot of others unhappy about their current situation. I do agree that the friendship they shared in the anime was amazing but it was overdone and unbelievably so including with his mom. Not everybody can have an amazing relationship with their mom and friends and just be perfect in all aspects. He was gone for fifteen years and ended up with more friends and a better life than most people in the real world can ever hope for.
>>
>>152176409
How about "trying before giving up"?
MC went to extreme lenghts just to reach the girl because he couldn't save her at first. Instead of waiting for time leap powers to change the past the moral is "you should focus on the present to not regret things that go by"?
>>
>>152176551
fair enough, but the anime isn't about the subjective importance of being rich, it's about a individual, fictional account of strong friendship and heroism. i see the analogy you're trying to make but it doesn't really hold up in context.
>>
>>152175609
>>152175953
>>152176031
>>152176051
>>152176235
>>152176409
>>152176551
>>152176606
>>152176775
>>152176816
>>152176830
Stop having serious discussion on my shitposting board
>>
>>152176816
Well obviously he had to keep tying or the story wouldn't have even worked. I can't really give them credit for that because it's so essential to the story that any writer would have wrote him the same way. It would have been better if he gave up but somebody helped him.
>>
File: IMG_3070.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3070.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>152176879
You don't even know me anon.

>>152176887
trying*
>>
>>152175609
No, it sheds light on how terrible Japan was (and probably still is) at handling child abuse. Also something about a gay murderer or whatever.
>>
>>152176775
i see what you're saying. however, this is still ultimately a piece of fiction. his relationship with his mother is a bit far fetched, but would satoru and the plot be executed in the same manner without it? not likely. as fiction, it doesn't really need to be entirely realistic, i suppose. That said, i can understand your distaste with the anime.
>>
>>152176879
This is actually more of a feeling discussion than an serious discussion but yeah
>>
>>152176879
stop shitposting on my serious discussion board
>>
>>152176775
Well, he was an adult gaining the trust of kids to safe their lifes, all he did required strong motivation. And his mother was a very good person since the beginning, some people are just like that.
>>
>>152177063
I hate to break it to you but kids aren't that nice.
>>
>>152175609
I never saw any value in friendship myself, but still found this one enjoyable enough. I guess I didn't get the message.
>>
>>152175609
Why don't you just go make friends, retard?
>>
File: autismo.png (169KB, 1127x1003px) Image search: [Google]
autismo.png
169KB, 1127x1003px
>>152175609
>This series basically just makes fun of anybody who doesn't have any friends.
So?
Why do you care the author is making fun of assburgers?
Oh...
>>
>>152177099
They can be and that's the point of the show. He did everything he could and gained the admiration of those around him, even the fucking murderer was gay for him.
>>
File: IMG_3549.jpg (55KB, 740x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3549.jpg
55KB, 740x414px
>>152177207
I have some friends but I can't always be honest with them and I wouldn't expect them to ever stick around if I fell into a coma because life isn't a fairytale anon. I would never trust they they would even stick around if we didn't live close to each other because life is all about circumstances and the only reason most people are friends with other is because they work closely with each other or something similar. True friendship is rare and most people will never find a true friend much less an entire group of friends like that. It's all coincidence that brings most together and that's what makes me sad and this series just rubs that harsh reality in.
>>
>>152175609
Everything makes fun of friendless retards, you should've noticed by now.
>>
>>152177428
>most people will never find a true friend
Not with that attitude.
>>
File: dques.jpg (65KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
dques.jpg
65KB, 400x500px
Question

Does nips maintain the relationships they build during their school years? Because they seen to glorified those friendships but never touch them past school.
I would choose my friends in collegue over my high school friends in a heartbeat.
>>
>>152177428
Why don't you just make better friends, retard? People can't be honest with you if you're not honest with them.
>>
>>152177642
Life isn't that easy and don't you think calling somebody a retard might discredit your argument in their eyes?
>>
>>152176887
>you can't give this character credit for his actions because the author wrote a story where he takes those actions
ok then anon
>>
>>152177915
?
>>
>>152177915
If you have something to say then say it?
>>
>>152177695
Life is as easy or as hard as you want to make it. Maybe you are a retard if you're so insecure about being called a retard.
>>
>>152176051
>>152176409
>>152176775
He has great friends because he was a likable, person of high moral standing and he risked his own safety several times for their sake. In fact he gets put into a coma trying to protect them.
You seem mad about the ending because you don't have any great friends like that? Have you ever done anything that wasn't for yourself? Were you at any point a fun, caring friend in your childhood?
If not then maybe the problem was you rather than the writing
>>
>>152178237
correct.
>>
>>152178235
I'm not interested in what you have to say if all you can do is treat me like a kid.
>>
>>152177642
>so, my dear friends, I'm going to be honest with you: I fap to little girls and futa
Yeah, I'm sure this is a great idea.
>>
>>152178237
How is he likable? He did what almost anybody would do in his situation with the aid of magic yet was still rewarded and treated like some kind of a Hero despite not only getting a second chance but a third. Last I checked most people don't get three chances to fix their past.
>>
>>152177932
>>152178103
your post and "opinion" is pure nonsense
>>
>>152178342
Being honest with people doesn't mean sitting them down and telling them your darkest secrets in a 10 hour blog session.
>>
>>152178435
That's not me.
>>
>>152177428
Its true that you can't be good friends with everybody and that sometimes friendships only thrive in certain circumstances. But this only means you aren't putting yourself in enough of those circumstances. If you feel like your current relationships aren't enough or aren't substantial simply put yourself in more situation where you can meet more people. Like a lot of things in life its a numbers game.
>>
>>152178392
i think some of his actions took some extra audacity, personally. most people wouldn't have been wise or brave enough to take a serial killer head on and thwart their deeds.
>>
>>152178278
Maybe you are a kid if you can't take insults in stride like an adult.
>>
>>152178434
How?
>>
>>152178460
How about no because he didn't even know who the killer was until it was too late. All he did was try and save everybody from a distance.

>>152178469
I accepted that you insulted me but it's common sense that when you insult somebody they are far less likely to listen to you. Maybe the problem is you just don't know how to express yourself properly.
>>
>>152178561
sure, but i think it took even more bravery on his part to face an enemy that he couldn't even identify.
>>
>>152178671
No because you said at first that he was brave for taking on a killer like he was actually out to catch the killer but instead he was focused on making sure kids weren't alone which is basically the easiest way to accomplish what he was trying to do while being the least effective and essentially he took the easy way out.
>>
>>152178392
He's likable in the sense that he was a good friend, fun to hang around with, etc. Basically your standard extroverted kid. Originally after the murders, everyone's personality changes and they all drift apart because they've got too much baggage. But since he goes back in time and protects everyone, the friends stay together even after they grow up.
>>
>>152178722
He was a kid himself there is only so much he can do by himself.
>>
>>152178722
i disagree. he knew that there was a killer, and his goal was to protect his friends and stop the killer, which he ultimately did. just because he didn't know who the killer was doesn't mean that he was cowardly. to say that his approach wasn't effective is also evidently false, considering how he ended up thwarting the killer with no casualties, save for his own comatose.
>>
>>152178758
What are the odds the him being in a coma wouldn't have caused internal conflict within their group of friends when just classmates going missing drove them all apart? By that point they should have been driven further apart and already forgot about him and each other and considering none of his friends had no relationship with his mom they wouldn't have known he can back from his coma and even if they did find out somehow and came to him they wouldn't have all been close already.
>>
>>152178842
So because you're saying he got lucky taking the easy way out that means he's brave? No.
>>
>>152178929
as demonstrated by the contents of the anime, he put a solid amount of thought into structuring his overall plan. sure, he slipped up a few times, but to say that he took the easy way out is just inaccurate. if he wanted to take the easy way then he would've just ignored the events and allowed his friends to die.
>>
>>152178899
You are assuming he behaved the same the first time he lived his childhood. His bonds were stronger the second time through and he was honest with his friends. In the beginning he talks about how he had to take being extrovert in school and constantly held back to not stick out. The second time through he was actually bonding with his friends on things other than Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
>>
>>152178722
What the hell do you expect a child to do against a full-grown serial killer? You can't just walk into the police station and say
>Hey I'm a kid but I'm from the future, and I can't really prove it right now.
>But in the meantime, this girl's gonna get abducted and killed pretty soon.
>I don't know by who or exactly when but after she gets murdered you're gonna wish you'd have listened to me!
>>
>>152179007
No what I'm saying is the way he took was extremely dangerous because the killer could have easily taken anybody in return for the pray he missed out on. It wasn't brave at all and I honestly don't think he really even tried.
>>
>>152178561
>Maybe the problem is you just don't know how to express yourself properly.
Y-you too...
>>
>>152179122
i'm certain it would've been dangerous either way. he was walking into this situation almost entirely blind, save for a few details from his former timeline. i don't know what else you would've expected him to do. to say that he didn't try is just a statement ignorant to the entire plot and i'm not really sure how to acknowledge that lmao.
>>
>>152179085
I don't know maybe he could try talking to his mom and getting her involved instead of just relying on himself and maye call the police and get them involved in the child abuse case because obviously the girl had bruses on her and that's not right to let her go on like that without any help and you're also forgetting he was friends with the airplane guy who he trusted who was obviously bigger than him and could have talked to him about it as well and maybe set up an ambush with cameras or something but yea I guess that would take a little something called guts.
>>
>>152179266
at this point this is obviously bait, but if you didn't recall he basically did go to the police (child services) with the help of the adults around him. it's like you didn't even watch this anime.
>>
>>152177595
One or two, maybe, and especially if they've been living closeby their entire life.

Which l guess is not so different from the west.

It's impossible to remain friends with someone you stop seeing for years, especially if it's during those years you change a lot.

Of course there are exceptions (and being in a murder thing like this anime would be that kind of exception), but on average it just doesn't work.
>>
>>152179338
Yea and he was a little to late. Every single day she was in that situation is one day too many and the fact that the teacher knew about it and didn't do anything was obviously a clue something wasn't right with him.

>inb4 but he already said child services knew about it

Umm no they obviously didn't because that's not how it works. If they knew she had been damaged in any way by her parents especially bruises she'd have already been taken away and questioned about it and it would have been investigated.
>>
>>152178342
The trick is, have people know about you right away, the ones who don't run away are better candidates for being your friends.

I'm a pedophile, all my friends know and accept it.

In general it's just that l don't really need friends, so the few l have are actual ones, not the kind of crap most people call "friends".
>>
>>152179443
well considering that he was the first person to make the effort to help kayo, i'd say he was doing his best. furthermore, some situations in fiction aren't entirely realistic, they have to serve the plot. so i don't think you can apply the "that's not how it works" argument to child services in this story. furthermore, this took place years ago. things were much different, obviously.
>>
>>152179443
>inb4
Why are you explaining this plot point. Sensei literally says lying about calling child services was a mistake but it worked because Satoru was ignorant.

Are you trying to get responses because you have no friends?
>>
>>152179576
It doesn't matter! You don't need physical evidence to tell the police this girl has bruises all over her body and report it! Obviously they would have taken her away and questioned the parents and child separate and got down to the bottom of it and they have ways to help kids feel safe and tell the truth and considering how unhappy she was she would have had no problems.
>>
>>152179590
No it all comes down to the fact that I didn't like this series and I wanted to talk about why I didn't like it and that's the point of /a/.
>>
>>152179676
You don't really know how japan works, especially if we consider things happened 20 years ago.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.