[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a bigger success story this year than a crowdfunded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: katabuchi.jpg (209KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
katabuchi.jpg
209KB, 1200x675px
Is there a bigger success story this year than a crowdfunded anime winning the best Japanese film of the year award (of which only one other anime, My Neighbor Totoro has won), making over 1.2 billion yen and one of the biggest multipliers of any billion+ yen earner in Japanese box office history through word of mouth alone?
>>
Katabuchi is great and I hope this leads people to watch one of Japan's best fantasy films, Arete Hime
>>
>>152168113
I want to watch this film so badly.
>>
>>152168185
Basically came here to say this.
>>
>>152168113
Also he was apparently living on nearly nothing while making it. Great that it's successful.
>>
>>152168113
Yes, it's called Your name.
>>
Totoro wasn't even the best Ghibli film of 1988, and arguably not even in the top 3 anime films of that year.

Oh, and yeah, do I need to remember you than Titanic won the most important film prize while films like 2001 and Vertigo weren't even nominated?
>>
When will a BD come out? This has been on my list for a while now.
>>
>>152168788
Oh you.
>>
>>152168113
Your Name, made by an hack director that hasn't made a single good movie in his life and about to become the most successful animated movie of all times in Japan.
>>
>>152168829
Probably in the summer.
>>
>>152168185
Good taste.
>>
>>152168849
Good argument, lad.
>>
>>152168874
Yeah but that is backed by a huge marketing campaign and wide release.
>>
>>152168788
Titanic is widely popular and this movie is just the most critically acclaimed of the year, nowhere near as popular as Your Name.
>>
>>152169397
Can you shut up about Your Name already?
>>
>>152169397
1 I wasn't talking about Your Name. My problem is the argument OP used, I haven't even seen Katabuchi yet.

2 Popularity is not important when we are talking about quality. Hell, the largest box office hardly ever wins the Best Picture
>>
>>152169513
The movie isn't called Katabuchi lol

Don't talk about shit like this when you don't even know directors' names
>>
>>152169002
Are you fucking Irish?
>>
>>152169590
That's my point, I'm criticizing the argument, not the film, its directors or whatever, are you retarded?
>>
>>152169422
>>152169513
I'm just saying a comparison between Titanic and Your Name would make more sense. This movie on the other hand became a success through quality alone. Not by marketing as most financiers were against it but by crowdfunding and great holds on a week to week basis due to critics and word of mouth.
>>
>>152169665
So Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni isn't a success because... you don't like Totoro and Titanic was more popular than 2001 and Vertigo?
>>
>>152169774
Jesus fucking Christ, did you run away from school or what?

1 Criticizing one's argument doesn't mean you don't agree with his statement.

2 Disagreeing with a statement doesn't mean you think the counter version is correct.
>>
>>152170033
Not him, but I'm genuinely confused by this post.
>>
>>152170033
I honestly have no clue what you're talking about at this point, you're not great at communicating your thoughts.
>>
>>152169622
No, but you are Nigerian for sure.
>>
>>152170089
>>152170117
I'm saying that winning a flick prize doesn't make a film any good.
>>
>>152170117
>>152170089
I think he is trying to say that just because someone doesn't agree with a specific argument that was made it doesn't mean you can assume they hold the complete opposite opinion automatically.
>>
is there any good place to watch this movie online it seriously is incredible
>>
>>152170216
So it's a flick prize because Totoro won it too? And because the prize is a flick prize, it doesn't count towards the film's success?
>>
>>152170441
"no"
>>
>>152170216
The OP talked about a success story, not about the film being the GOAT.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.