[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nausicaa the greatest manga of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Nausicaa_by_ohmu.jpg (40KB, 291x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nausicaa_by_ohmu.jpg
40KB, 291x400px
Is Nausicaa the greatest manga of all time?
>>
>>152105586
no it's crap, i only watched it for the voice over and the voice over seemed fan made
>>
>>152105645
The voices were better in the manga.
>>
I think after the mid it got somehow too much.
Intelligent fungi, super psychic powers and AI stuff just grew over the story and left me kinda behind. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
Also why is she dooming humanity. It was them who created all the insects and fungi in the first place
>>
>>152105662
I prefer the subbed version of the manga, the dubbed voices just aren't all that great.
>>
>>152105586
No.

It's biggest flaw is that you have to love the main character, as much of a Mary Sue as she is, and accept that she's always 100% totally right. Because everything in the story revolves around her.

The art and paneling can also be dodgy at times and the text bubbles can be overbearing when it takes up roughly half the page.

It's a very good, very solid manga, but far from the best.
>>
>>152105586
Hell no, but it's still great.
>>
>>152105840
>Also why is she dooming humanity.

Because she's Miyazaki's soapbox personified.
>>
>>152111503
Miyazaki wants to doom humanity?
>>
>>152111936
Look up that interview where he wants a tsunami to wipe out civilization.
>>
>>152112420
Huh, neat.
>>
>>152112519
>"I want to see the sea rise over Tokyo and the NTV tower become an island. I’d like to see Manhattan underwater. I’d like to see when the human population plummets and there are no more high-rises, because nobody’s buying them. I’m excited about that. Money and desire—all that is going to collapse, and wild green grasses are going to take over."
>>
>>152112554
Didn't he say something about ISIS DID NUFFIN RONGU too?
>>
Oh hell yes
>>
>>152105586
The story falls apart after she awakens the Flame warrior and then we visit the ancient civilization.
>>
>>152105586

Yes.
>>
That's a weird way of spelling Aku no Hana
>>
>>152105586
it's a meme manga favored by reddit
>>
>>152106941
Her Mary Sue-ness bothered the shit out of me too, thought it would be less annoying than the movie but the manga makes her even more perfect and flawless. Not to mention that all the important characters other than her like Kushana and Yupa were sidelined 3/4 into the manga.
>>
>>152105586
Why do pretentious hipsters always try to look good in front of anonymous people on the internet? No one cares about how indie you are. And no one ever will.
>>
>>152106941
>the text bubbles can be overbearing when it takes up roughly half the page

this, it's crazy how no one calls him out on all this blatant exposition.
>>
>>152105586
yhea its my favorite manga movie by ghibli :D
>>
File: kurotowa.jpg (19KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
kurotowa.jpg
19KB, 426x240px
Kurotowa is best boy. I would love to see an entire story with him as the main character just getting from one shit to another while still beings somewhat competent
>>
>>152119214
A lot of the monologuing was unnecessary.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.