[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite Gainax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Gainax_logo.svg.png (36KB, 1280x284px) Image search: [Google]
Gainax_logo.svg.png
36KB, 1280x284px
What is your favorite Gainax?
>>
Kill la Kill
>>
Hanamaru Kindergarten
>>
1999 Gainax
>>
his and her circumstances shit is fucking golden
>>
>>152092595
Princess Maker 2
>>
>>152092595
Nadia; The Secret of Blue Water
>>
>>152092595
The only good Gainax is a dead Gainax.
>>
>>152092595
Wings of hoen-mayonase
>>
FLCL
>>
>>152092595
Pleiades
>>
Gunbuster
>>
Nausicaa
>>
Kill la Kill
>>
initial d
>>
>>152092683
>>152094482
>>152096114
>>152096172
Good choices
>>
>>152092595
I love a good tomato slice in my lunch.
>>
From what I've seen, Evangelion > FLCL > TTGL > Kare Kano > Gunbuster > P&S
All of them, with the exception of Gunbuster and P&S, are great and some of the best series the medium has to offer.
>>
>>152096172

My nigger.

Though, did you like Diebuster? I hated it
>>
>>152097482
My man why must you hurt me so?
>>
>>152097465
>with the exception of Gunbuster and P&S
Fucking awful taste
>>
>>152097465
Shit taste.

>>152097482
I did, because I was ok with it not being exactly like Gunbuster, I feel like that wouldn't have gone well. Plus the ending hit me like a ton of fucking bricks.
>>
>>152097465
kill yourself my dude
>>
>>152097616

The ending didn't hit me at all, it felt cheap trying to reuse an emotional moment, down to using the exact same song, instead of trying to make a new one.

None of the "emotional moments" in Diebuster hit me at all, it didn't fit the world where panty shots and out of place humor were commonplace.

It was so disconnected that I won't even acknowledge it as a part of that universe.
>>
>>152097723
Nah, it was a pretty perfect tie in.
>>
File: 494869.jpg (28KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
494869.jpg
28KB, 704x396px
>>152097465
>having this much shit taste
>>
>>152097803

Didn't share the same artstyle, characters or feel, only a handful of elements of the original and a very loose connection at the end, that's a perfect tie in to you?
>>
>>152097533
>>152097616
>>152097662
I don't know, P&S got old after the 43th dick joke. What am I not getting from it? I really wanted to love it, but I just couldn't. Please help me understand.
As for Gunbuster, I do like it, but it simply isn't on the level of the other series in terms of character development and character interactions.
>>
>>152097896
Did you miss them talking about Nono's legendary hero the whole time?

I get it anon, you're mad that it wasn't exactly like Gunbuster. It's a different style and a different cast with a tie in at the end, not a rehash of Gunbuster.
>>
>>152097980
I was going to respond seriously to the last bit of your post, but then I remembered that you're an Evafag so I saved myself the headache.
>>
>>152098005

I didn't want Gunbuster again, I just wanted them to have the same tone and feel of Gunbuster, not modern anime with stupid MC and random panty shots and wannabe epic moments, just a well rounded story that actually had some emotional connection and stakes.

The best parts of Gunbuster was exactly the emotional moments, because Gunbuster had characters that I cared about, Diebuster could've done that at the very least, but they failed to develop the characters to the point of you caring about them or making them feel like actual characters.

It's just another story of failing to match up to the original.
>>
All early Gainax sans Honneamise, plus FLCL, Abenobashi and Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>152098120
>I didn't want Gunbuster
>I just wanted the same style, feel, tone and type of characters
Like I said, I get it. You wanted more Gunbuster. I love everything Gunbuster did as well, believe me, I just didn't expect Diebuster to be more of that, so I enjoyed the stylish animation, robots and buster beam slice.
>>
>>152092595
1. Space force
2. Pleiades.
3. EVA

no joke.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.