[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favorite anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1476304035913.png (355KB, 843x632px) Image search: [Google]
1476304035913.png
355KB, 843x632px
>is shit

How do you determine what your favorite anime are? By how entertaining it is, regardless if it makes sense? Or about how thoughtful it is despite how slow it can be? Or maybe by how you're able to watch it over and over again and not become bored.

What's your favorite anime, and why? You don't have to choose one. Personally, Ebichu for me is always at the top because I can watch it over and over and still be entertained, while Seikon no Quasar has great plot.
>>
Really gay thread.
>>
I have two ratings for anime- 1 and 10. If I enjoyed an anime, it gets a 10 and if I didn't it's a 1. If it is boring or confusing, I drop and don't rate it.
>>
My personal favourite is Haruhi. I admit it isn't THE best and that it has flaws, but its the first anime I ever watched. I have read all the novels, rewatched it 5+ times along with the movie, and I enjoy it everytime. For me it evokes a really nostalgic and comfy feeling.
>>
File: tldr.jpg (14KB, 155x245px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.jpg
14KB, 155x245px
>>152053711
>>
File: 41NXLi4K-YL.jpg (24KB, 266x420px) Image search: [Google]
41NXLi4K-YL.jpg
24KB, 266x420px
I studied the philosophy of aesthetics, of course. Why would you judge any art form without understanding the basis by which it can be judged?

tl;dr: Some things are objective, some are subjective, make your own rules but enforce them.
>>
>>152053966
Who did you study though
>>
File: 45525005_p0.jpg (957KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
45525005_p0.jpg
957KB, 1000x1500px
>>152053711
1. How pretty the visuals are
2. How well developed the characters are
3. How engaging/interesting the story is to me
4. How the story progresses
5. If there's a twink or semi-twink blonde haired cutie
6. How entertaining it is
7. How well it draws me into the story/how realistic the characters are
8. If it does what it's trying to do well
It can be missing one, maybe two of these 8 and I'll still love it. There's a point in my obsession with something where it could have started with all 8 and progressed into just having 2 of these and I'd still be unable to drop it. But I have to be quite invested in something to get to the point where it could be a bigger trainwreck than the 2016 presidential elections and I'd still begrudgingly follow it.

I'm someone who gets into one main thing and follows it for years and years, with smaller, temporary side interests along the way so keep that in mind. I'm not someone who goes from one show to the next very often. I think the shortest time I was ever heavily invested into something was a year and a half, and that was a vidya game (The Last Of Us). And when I mean invested, I mean I spend 90% of my time thinking about said thing, talking about it, obsessing over it every day for an average of ~3.5 years. It's autism.
>>
>>152053711
It is simple I just say witch one I like the most and don't overcomplicate it fag. Any way my favourite is Black Lagoon.
>>
>>152054038
Also my favorite series is currently snk even if certain things revealed over the past ~4 chapters have made me this close to burning all of my merch and sending a bomb squad to the author's house.

I guess you could say it's impossible for me to consider a previously obsessed over series to be my favorite since I probably wouldn't have moved on from it if I hadn't found something I consider better, however I wouldn't consider my previous obsessions shit.
>>
>>152053711
>How do you determine what your favorite anime are?
I just make it the one I think the most about at the moment. Last season it was DR3, right now it's YoI, soon it'll probably be Rakugo again. Or maybe I'll clear my backlog and a retro anime will take the spot for a while.
>>
>>152053994

It's hard to read some without reading the more basic philosophy texts since they're referential, but the ones I read specifically for aesethetic judgement were: the Greeks, Hume, Kant, Schopenhauer, Dewey (pic-related), Beardsly, Dickie, and some of the epistemologists (Popper et al). Most of the good works on the subject are 20th century, and Stanford has a good wiki if you want to get started.
>>
It's always been emotions that the anime brings out of me. Basically, the better I rate a show is how excited/angry/happy/sad I got while watching it. Not all emotions are rated equally though; you can't give me anger without an exciting or happy payoff.

My favorite is Trigun. It helped me out of a tough time when I was a shitty teen.
>>
>>152054232
Oh I studied it in university, I was just curious
>>
My favorite anime is Juuni Kokuki.
>>
>>152053711
>I can watch Ebichu over and over and still be entertained
>Seikon no Quasar has great plot.

Bait thread? Bait thread.
>>
>>152053711
Utena because Ikuhara's style is what I enjoy the most. That with my other favorite thing, that is yuri, makes it my favorite show.
>>
>>152053711
>How do you determine what your favorite anime are?
I don't. I'm not a MALfag.
>>
My favourite anime is Galaxy Angel.

At the risk of alienating most of the board (who gives a shit), I don't take most anime seriously, even the ones that are desperately attempting to be cerebral and serious. Almost all anime is strictly light, forgettable entertainment to me. So I never really overanalyze and dissect anime in a hyper-critical way like many people on this board seem to, whereas I do for movies and some Western TV series.

So, when it comes to picking my favourite, I'm basically going entirely on pure entertainment value and whichever show gave me the most enjoyment. There's also probably some nostalgia factor at work for Galaxy Angel.
>>
>>152054716
Even the deepest and most cerebral of anime is honestly kind of childish and shallow. The only ones that really work are the ones parodying other anime. I love it all the same, but people who watch anime for symbolism and deeper meaning might want to check out other fiction.
>>
File: 1483811786431.png (264KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483811786431.png
264KB, 640x800px
Judging by the feel it left me after last episode. Its not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>152053711
By how much it speaks to me, how entertaining I find the scenarios, how much I like the characters, and the aesthetic.
>>
>>152054716
>At the risk of alienating most of the board (who gives a shit), I don't take most anime seriously,
You're only alienating the most putrid and virginal assburgers. Don't mind at all.
>>
>>152054426
But it does have great plot.
>>
No game No life because:

Haibane_Renmei_Cast_Large.jpg
248KB, 1920x1200px
>>152053711
Mine MIGHT be Haibane Renmei. There was something about it, combined with the state of mind I was in at the time I first watched it, that I can hardly describe.

I watched it only once in the course of maybe 2-3 days in a sort of nihilistic, depressive cloud, and the beautiful, warm sadness of it either pulled me out or pushed me beyond the strange headspace I was stuck in.

I haven't even wanted to watch it again since, content for it to remain a dreamlike memory. I find the amazing soundtrack very comforting and listen to it often, though.

It made me wish there was something after death in a way I'd never had before.
>>
>>152056344
I really liked haibane, it was a nice SoL with a mysterious element.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.