[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this possible in real life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Is this possible in real life?
>>
No.
>>
Go on, try it.
>>
trollhacks.jpg
>>
>>152051062
Jumping only decreases your velocity by the maximum speed you can jump, that isn't enough to stop you from getting fucked up.
>>
>>152051062
Yes, if you are a superhuman who can jump to the height that cabin fell from, (and if your bones could take the stress such a jump would put on them) but at that point you could survive the fall without jumping anyway.
>>
>>152051062
If you're broken like Saiki, yeah.
>>
>>152051062
>American education
>>
>>152051062
sure like every troll physics
>>
>>152051812
Saiki is probably responsible for introducing troll physics.
>>
>>152051062
Okey, it's not possible, but WHY? Seriously.
>>
>>152052246
You aren't strong enough, also your bones wouldn't resist, it'd be the same as actually falling
>>
>>152052246
You're already moving downward at a high speed. When you jump, all your doing is pushing upward with enough force to lift you off the bottom for a second before you return to the ground based on your downward momentum.

Imagine you're falling at 40mph and you can jump up with 1mph worth of force. When you jump, all you did was make it so that you're falling at 39mph for that brief instant, so you lose track of the floor. Even if you jumped at the moment the box hits the ground, you're still going to hit the ground at about 39mph.

The best way to put it is you don't stop your fall and go up, but that you temporarily slow your fall and the ground of the box you're trapped in temporarily falls faster than you so you aren't touching it.
>>
>>152051396
>>152052428
You idiots, you can't actually jump from an object with velocity equal or greater than yours. You simply push the object away with x jump force, accelerating it, while your own velocity stays the same.
>>
>>152052428
This. You only move up relative to the rest of the elevator. You're still actually falling fast, you're just falling slightly slower than whats around you.

Also, it would still crush you as it flattened.
>>
>>152052574
Action/reaction
>>
>>152052532
mph isn't a force, is it? Force is m * a

Not that you're wrong, I just want to see how much I remember.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.