[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (558KB, 946x531px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
558KB, 946x531px
This scene is fucking bullshit, they should have let him take the revenge he deserved.
>>
>>152033153
>I can't understand basic things
>>
>>152033153
he is a better person than that
but /a/ will not understand
>>
"If you kill him you will become just like him"
>>
>>152033153
>implying
>running for position of fuhrer
>the people find out that he brutally murdered and tortured a "person" for revenge
>people's view of him change
CAREER RUINED, THANKS ANON
>>
>>152033153
When Scar started lecturing him on it I really lost my shit. Who does that fucker think he is saying "revenge is bad mmm'kay" of all people?
>>
Riza and Roy's relationship is predicated on him being the ambitious leader who keeps his hands clean while she handles the dirty work. It is kind of redundant, however, since Roy already crossed that line when he personally executed Lust like 20 volumes earlier. It's just a bit of virtue signaling by the author.
>>
>>152033420
Can't be worse than him roasting entire town previously.
>>
>>152033420
didnt he roast lust?
>>
>>152034714
But goyim-kun, it was because they were terorsts.
>>
>>152036118
She was actively fighting back the entire time. He stopped once she was no longer a threat. Envy was defenseless by that point.
>>
File: Lust.jpg (125KB, 1280x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Lust.jpg
125KB, 1280x1208px
>>152033153

Nobody liked the scene originally in the manga, lots of people felt short changed or that the translations were incorrect and weren't acceptable, but it is what it is.

Just seems hypocritical how Roy can justifiably burn Lust away to ashes but isn't allowed to do the same to Envy despite Envy having actually murdered one of their close friends in cold blood.
>>
>>152036490
Lust was dangerous and still able to harm them. It was his duty to eliminate her if he couldn't stop her.
Envy was not a threat anymore.
>>
>>152034194
he did say that he didn't deserve to lecture him about revenge and basically he didn't care if mustang killed envy ..he only said that if you wanted to be a leader you should not succumbed to your personal feeling they were going to killed envy anyway ..
>>
>>152036118
yes but not because of revenge
>>
>>152034714
envy started that war by shooting the ishvalan kid anyway
>>
>>152034194
Someone with plenty of first hand experience about revenge and what it does to you?
>>
>>152033420
>people find out
How? They're underground, and only people close to him are there. No one will leaks it.
>>
>>152037944
it's not about that. it's about not going down that path in general.
in other words: being a moralfag
>>
File: winryexcited.gif (390KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
winryexcited.gif
390KB, 500x260px
>>152033153
>>152033354
No, it was about his moral character. He’s about to be given near total control over a country. If he can’t act with restraint against his anger, he can’t be trusted with running the nation.

Hawkeye even says that she had no intention of allowing Envy to live. Envy deserved to die, but Mustang can’t be the one to indulge himself on it.

>>152036118
Lust was an active threat, not catharsis.
>>
>>152033153
Like the other anons said, he was about to become the ruler of a huge country. If he can't rein in his emotions and become as demonic as he did, it can't be allowed.
>>
>>152036490
The context is different. Lust had him on the ropes and even to the very end was attempting to kill him. It was a fight to the death and he won the only way he could. Envy was reduced to a little worm and before that, had been tortured in the most painful ways Roy could think of. It was hateful and driven by anger rather than any impulse to survive or protect. Just look at Roy's face in both Lust's death and Envy's to see why he needed to be stopped.
>>
>>152034194
Except Scar isn't planning to become the fhurer or anyone important.
>>
>>152037944
the secret police have security cameras everywhere!!
>>
File: toyohisa.jpg (148KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
toyohisa.jpg
148KB, 500x731px
>>152033420
It wasn't a person. It was a monster that could shapeshift.
This is a common theme in anime, and it's one that I find more and more stupid the more times I encounter it. There's no lack of morality in killing someone who's a genuine threat to you or others.
>>152038511
Most of human history disagrees with you. Men of passion make for the most compelling leaders.
>>
>>152036640
>Envy was not a threat anymore.
How do you fucking know? They're homunculi. The fucker could've had some magic suicide bomb bullshit that they didn't know about.
>>
>>152039999

There's being a man of passion and there's being someone who can't resist indulging in them.

If you can't channel them for the greater good then you're a threat to everyone in your care.

t. Tau
>>
>>152039999
It was a little worm. Anyone in the room could have just crushed it under heel. No one was saying that Envy didn't deserve or didn't need to die. They were trying to keep Roy from straying on to a darker path. Also
>implying Roy is not a passionate man
>>
>>152033153
its not about the "if you kill him you will be just like him" meme, it was that he wanted to let out all that rage, but if he killed him whit that state of mind, he wouldn't have felt any better, all the rage would still be there, his friend would still be death and the disgust for yourself after acting out of anger would be there to make things worst, riza did everything right, best girl, roy doesn't deserve her
>>
>>152040420

>best girl
yes

>roy doesn't deserve her
fuck you
>>
>>152040420
>roy doesn't deserve her
I'd say he's not actively pursuing her.
He cares more about fucking random club girls in Central.
>>
/a/, would you a madame christmas?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.