[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Cartoony" Anime artstyles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image-w1280.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image-w1280.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
Considering that anime are just cartoons, I find this description stupid.

How does one describe different artstlyes in broad categories?
Can it be split into eras, when there is more anime being made then before (meaning a higher variety of artstyles). Was the variety of artstyle bigger, before anime became more mass produced.

Are Imayashi artstyles a throwback, or is it just an anime artstyle?
>>
The Japanese don't appreciate the expressiveness and exaggeration of standard animation because they themselves are not expressive. Without them there are only bland characters and bland movements so they prefer to beautify everything. Imaishi cartoony style is just his personal preference and does not represent any part of the Japanese animation.
>>
>>152006220
Lazy.
>>
>>152007191

Who the fuck is talking about animation. This is artstyles, and pictures.

Animation is supposed to cheap in Japan
>>
>>152007191
Japanese animators tend to have more freedom than Western animators. You can see it in Steven Universe where Takafumi Hori did a few cuts, but it looks different than his usual work as it's more "polished". In anime it's okay to go crazy and have stuff like smears but Western animation is more "by the book" and goes for perfectionism.
>>
>>152007374
I don't keep up with the newest Tumblr shows, but isn't all that shit still Flash (or looks like it)

Either way pic related is what you get for googling anime.
>>
>>152007596
It's flash but so is lot of webgen sakuga as well, the key frames are still hand drawn.
>>
>>152007687
>webgen sakuga

Ok, what is that stupid shit.

Either way, anime barely ever mattered to me on the animation front.

I have been ok with it being slideshow, because of the pretty pictures. I imagine it is the case for most people that got into Anime.
Movies are pretty much the exception, but I don't if that is true anymore if Mamoru Hosoda and Shinki are the prominent filmmakers nowadays.
>>
>>152007845
>this entire post
Disgusting
>>
>>152007983

If you truly care seeing things moving alot, than isn't anime pretty much pointless anyway? I mean really.
>>
>>152007845
>I have been ok with it being slideshow, becau
t. Shaftfag
>>
>>152008213

More like Toeifag because I liked anime because I watched shit like Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya. That and more childhood shows how anime looks and behave became wired into my brain and that is how I have come to accept it's shortcomings.

Heck even "Animation" god Miyazaki, made a slideshow with Heidi.
>>
>>152008307
I have no fucking idea what you're trying to say here but I'm quite sure you have no idea how the animation industry works in Japan or West.
>>
>>152008464

Japan works with shortcomings. Flap mouths, zooming and zooming out, sliding images, "money shots" where there are short bursts of animation, lots of stills (with lots of detail).
It's the anime aesthetic in the 60's with Astro Boy, influenced by crude Hannah Barbera Flintstones.
It's still true today with many high profile 13 or 26 episode shows.
>>
File: 1439948696474.jpg (104KB, 581x668px) Image search: [Google]
1439948696474.jpg
104KB, 581x668px
>Considering that anime are just cartoons, I find this description stupid.
Would you call Jin-Roh "cartoony" then? Cartoons are a style of drawing, the usage of the term to also refer to drawn animation doesn't change that.
>>
If anything the use of "cartoon" to describe animation is what's strange, and is a result of most animation being animated cartoons. Cartoons are exaggerated or stylised drawings, and includes the highly simplified caricatures that are easy to animate.

So yes, one animation style may be more cartoony than another despite both of them being cartoons, because "cartoon" has more than one meaning.
>>
>>152009184
The translation for mangaka is cartoonist.
>>
>>152009631
>This cartoon looks pretty cartoony
>>
>>152010189
>Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Some perfectly valid sentences can sound pretty silly, yes.
>>
>>152010189
Yes, that's a totally valid sentence. Some cartoons look "cartoony" in the sense of exaggerated/humorous, and some don't. Get over your issue with synonyms.
>>
>>152010384
So anything resembling real life animation is not cartoony.

There is not much to be honest. Pretty much all anime is exaggerated.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.