[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason why 2003 is better than Brotherhood.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 2003.jpg (1MB, 2560x1724px) Image search: [Google]
2003.jpg
1MB, 2560x1724px
Give me one reason why 2003 is better than Brotherhood.
>>
>>151992703
idk, it was the first i watched?
>>
It isn't
>>
More death
>>
More filler
>>
>>151992703
2011 is better
>>
>>151992703
it isn't, but it did to its own thing with the source material.
>>
Brotherhood really is better in almost all metrics but I think people have a point when they say that Hughes and Nina weren't fleshed out enough in Brotherhood. Their deaths have less impact as a result.
>>
>>151992703
music was a lot better, that for me is deal breaker
>>
Nostalgia.
>>
Music
Directing of the parts that weren't filler
OPs
>>
-the ost is better

-dante doing all the evil shit she did for entirely selfish reasons that isn't "I wanna be god" is better than villain-that-wants-to-be-god #40345

-the direction was better

-homunculi born from human transmutation was a better idea than homunculi born from daddy's inner vices until he became an almighty asshole
>>
The first 1/3rd or so is better. The part of the story that both 2003 & Brotherhood had, 2003 just did it a lot better. Go watch the stuff with Nina in 2003, then in Brotherhood and say with a straight face that Brotherhood did it better - you can't.

After 2003 goes anime original, yeah sure Brotherhood was better though.
>>
>>151993422
/thread
>>
Though the movie was mostly stupid nonsensical shit, I did like seeing the brothers back, mostly whole, and performing alchemy together. We didn't get that in Brotherhood, for obvious reasons. Plus Alphonse wearing Ed's coat is touching.

I also prefer the underlying style of 03, even though Brotherhood is obviously better animated. They look too round in Brotherhood.
>>
>>151992703
It's not better but it's more ambitious even if it fails.
>>
>>151993422
>-dante doing all the evil shit she did for entirely selfish reasons that isn't "I wanna be god" is better than villain-that-wants-to-be-god #40345
>-homunculi born from human transmutation was a better idea than homunculi born from daddy's inner vices until he became an almighty asshole

I agree with this
>>
>>151993640
>They look too round in Brotherhood.
This. I get that it's actually closer to Arakawa's style, but I liked the stylization that Bones did for the 03.
>>
>>151992703
Brotherhood is better because it has Chinese waifus
>>
>>151994507
The McGuffin's Stone is a pointless waste of narrative focus when it does nothing on the Elric's ideology.

From a narrative view, the Elrics not admitting their faults from trying to bring back their mother and pursuing the stone for selfish gains would've been a far better approach to how it was actually done. Because from there the story can actually drive some sort of character development on the Elric brothers where they can see what they got wrong and how much value a human soul really has. Fucking hell there's been plenty of moments from the story how-it-is that could benefit greatly from this foundation. It would have also made Dante as a villain much better for she too has been pursuing the stone for selfish gain as well, and seeing her pit against the Elric brothers to drive a development in their character would've been better.
>>
>>151992703
They are both good in their own way.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.