[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sad robot man's music choices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: third_impact_by_ayumeg-d62qjxj.jpg (235KB, 772x1035px) Image search: [Google]
third_impact_by_ayumeg-d62qjxj.jpg
235KB, 772x1035px
Why did Anno, a Japanese man working on a Japanese film primarily indented for a Japanese audience choose an English song (Komm, süßer Tod) as the soundtrack to EoE's climax?
>>
Why not?
Half the movie is full of references to the bible that the audience wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of either.
What's wrong with foreign lyrics?
What's wrong with Latin chanting to make something mystical?
What's wrong with German shouting to make out somebody as the bad guy?
What's wrong with French gibberish if you want to paint somebody as gay?
>>
>>151990554
It's like what Latin is to our soundtracks.
>>
>>151990554
There's plenty of English music in Anime though. This particular case isn't anything too special.
>>
File: all.png (170KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
all.png
170KB, 500x281px
I've noticed how Eva gets better the more different things you read, whether it's philosophy, psychology or metaphysics.
>>
>>151990980
Do tell.
>>
>>151990980
it gets better everytime I watch a season of anime and realize i've watched nothing but trash
>>
File: 1483820399536.png (185KB, 1850x996px) Image search: [Google]
1483820399536.png
185KB, 1850x996px
>>151990980
>>151991379
>>
>>151990554
Why not?
>>
English songs work well with animation climaxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scRFMVAtBsA

Also I mean, Evangelion has been using lyrics in other languages since the beginning: Fly me to the moon. Not to mention all the classical pieces in german and english, and the original choral pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-oKEqoUPHI
>>
File: sartre at fieldo.png (111KB, 1341x469px) Image search: [Google]
sartre at fieldo.png
111KB, 1341x469px
>>151991658
That was me, by the way.
And no, I still haven't found her. I'm starting to think there is no her to find, and that it's all just some sort of cosmic joke.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.